SW is Heathen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tangible God
Would the inhabitants of the SW universe have a religion? So far, going by the movies and most of EU, there doesn't seem to be any major, galaxy-wide religions, like there is on Earth. And I'm talking about the non-Force senstives.

Sesse
Wookies believe in Bacca I suppose.
Mandalorians think Mandalore as a god of some sort.
Selkath have their ancient great fish.

In the movies, there are very few signs of religious activity...

Ushgarak
They recognise the term 'Hell', so the concept of such things must exist.

In such a large Galaxy, religions must be manyfold.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Ushgarak
They recognise the term 'Hell', so the concept of such things must exist.

In such a large Galaxy, religions must be manyfold.

Damn, you beat me to it. I was gonna say that and sound smart. Curses.

Darth Koroni
Well, the Force seems to be a dominate beleif, even in non-force sensitives, aside from that there seem to only be religions in the more isolated of the species, the Selkath, the Mandalorinans, the Wookies, ect.

Julie
Believing in the force is seen as sort of religious....
quote from Atton:

...jedi/ sith ...to the rest of the galaxy they're the same, just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion.

Twilight Janick
Each planet has religions of its own.

Tangible God
I mean, a more standard, galactic religion, like Christianity or Islam is to Earth.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Tangible God
I mean, a more standard, galactic religion, like Christianity or Islam is to Earth.

I am sure in the massive SW universe there are many relgions.

Tangible God
But none are mentioned, so that leaves the question if there WERE any.

Ushgarak
Well, you have all the answers you are going to get.

And what you have to remember about Atton, Julia, is that he is an idiot.

Bespin Bart
The Yuuzhan Vong had religion too...probably the most structured of any species in Star Wars that we actually know about. Other than that, not much to say.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Well, you have all the answers you are going to get.

And what you have to remember about Atton, Julia, is that he is an idiot.

"Atton is, as always, the fool..."

Darth_Glentract
Atton is awsome.

Anyway, the Yuuzhan Vong had the widest spread religion.

bobcrickett
I don't think that's what Bart meant. He meant that they had the most structured, in-depth religion that the readers and fans know about. If it were the widest spread...well...maybe if the Yuuzhan Vong had taken over the Galaxy, but their religion would have been unknown to the Star Wars Galaxy. They ARE from the Unknown Regions...

Tangible God
They're from the another galaxy and the void in between galaxies.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Tangible God
But anyways...

Tru_Slice
Earth is whacked.

The SW galaxy is simply different. They don't have religions because they are smarter and get along better, and don't have jerusalem, suicide bombing, America, Bush...

Tangible God
I'm Pro-America and semi-pro-Bush. But w/e.

But if you think that the SW guys get along........

Sesse
They have other disputes in case you havent noticed.

Darth Orcus
Ho hum

Se7in
Obi-Wan might be Christian, in Ep. 3 when he is attacked by buzz droids, he says "In the name of..." as if he is going to say God, of course, it could've been anyone.

overlord
"Well, bloody hell, in the name of George Lucas, damn you vile creatures!" That's what Obi was thinking.

Tangible God
Well that just proves he's a Taoist doesn't it?

Insane Monk
There are cult kind of things, like the Prophets of the Dark Side, or the Bando Gora, and there are religions like the B'ommar Monks. The b'ommar are kind of like Buddhists, aren't they?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.