Nintendo,Sony,Mircrosoft and there systems. (Kiddy)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
Is the game cube a kids system ? it's funn when you hold down the r and something button when you turn on the system you hear kids laughing. I think it's for all people and there games are more fun at times anyway. nintendo over all is fun.

TwisterGameX
Hmm..what does ps2 or Xbox have that are not kiddy games that are only on the ps2 or Xbox.

Lana
I'll say this much.

This is a heated topic on here, and I will be keeping an eye on this thread. I do not, repeat, do NOT want any hostility. Keep the replies civil.

Victor Von Doom
Yes miss.

Lana
stick out tongue I'm already sick of seeing people fighting over stupid crap. May as well make sure it doesn't start.

Anyway, I don't think the GC is kiddy or anything (and before anyone cries fanboy, or, in my case, fangirl, I'll say that I don't even own a GC).

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Lana
stick out tongue I'm already sick of seeing people fighting over stupid crap. May as well make sure it doesn't start.

Anyway, I don't think the GC is kiddy or anything (and before anyone cries fanboy, or, in my case, fangirl, I'll say that I don't even own a GC).

You need to get a GC NOW, the price is like 2 dollars for 5 gamecubes Happy Dance Better yet get a DS or PSp which are so FUN.

Ok on the topic there is Prince of persai 2, hit man,RE most of them. Ok I will list more in a bit.

Victor Von Doom

Yep.

It's become the lazy thing to say now. 'GC is kiddy'.

Like the other consoles are the computing equivalent of chess or poetry.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Yep.

It's become the lazy thing to say now. 'GC is kiddy'.

Like the other consoles are the computing equivalent of chess or poetry.

I am just waiting to see what list the ps2 has that mature thats not on the GC.

Victor Von Doom
GTA I suppose.

Maturity of course consisting of gang warfare and hooker sex.

TwisterGameX
GTA I suppose.

Maturity of course consisting of gang warfare and hooker sex.

laughing Well it's for the xbox as well so i guess RE counts for the cube.

Wolf Dog
lol @ hooker sex.

TwisterGameX
it's not like GC games are easy...most are hard, and sponge bob games are for all systems. I just looked up on adult games, and the only reason ps2 and xbox have more only games is that they buy the game makers thingy so they have no chioce but to makes games only for that system. Ps2 has God of war which is blood to the max...well gta could go on the cube( part 3 or vice)...if they let a game like that bmx scandle one on the cube not censored like the ps2 then....

TwisterGameX
Nintendo makes more fun and original games.

powerfulone1987

I'm just curious. Who are you? I don't see moderator or anything under your name so I was just wondering because the way you speak, it's with a lot of authority.

And no offense but the way you are coming across, it seems kind of hostile a bit. I mean, I didn't see any need for you to bust up on here fussing at everybody saying you are "sick of seeing people fighting over stupid crap". Someone, like the author of this thread, could easily take offense at the way you are responding to their thread and respond back to you in an offensive way and that could start a heated argument right there. It didn't luckily but you just come across in a negative way right from the start. No offense though. Just my opinion.

And so I at least say something that is on topic. I don't believe that the Gamecube is necessarily "kiddy", it just doesn't have as many "mature" games as the other systems and that isn't a bad thing. I'm glad the Gamecube games aren't as serious all the time as the other systems. Their games make up a huge part of the gaming world. I would hate it if all we had to play were violent, sexual, gory, serious,shooting,dark games.
The types of games that run on the Gamecube are just as important to the gaming world as the games on any of the other systems.

Ast
I say no. big grin

Not having blood or sex doesnt make it kiddy, Nintendo designs nearly all their games to please everyone, not just older gamers. All the blood and sex in the world couldnt make me enjoy my PS2.

Lana
I am a mod, I've been made the mod of this forum 2 days ago. I dunno why it doesn't say mod under my name, I've asked Raz about it but he hasn't been back online since. However, check the forum leader list and the forum mods at the top of this forum and you'll see that I am indeed a mod.

And Twister asked about making a thread like this, and I said that so long as no fights break out it was okay. There is far too much fanboyish bashing going on here (in this forum) so far as I'm concerned, and I'd rather stop it before it even starts in here.

powerfulone1987
Enough said.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Ast
I say no. big grin

Not having blood or sex doesnt make it kiddy, Nintendo designs nearly all their games to please everyone, not just older gamers. All the blood and sex in the world couldnt make me enjoy my PS2.

In addition; If you need sex in a game to make it enjoyable, then the quality of a video game is the least of your problems.

-AC

TwisterGameX
I know the deal. It's that when you go into a store to get mario they are like 80 kids and parents buying the kids mario and giggling, so you feel it's for kids but in reality it is fun for all and more fun than these linear violent/sex/other games. nintendo game syou could play a billion times without getting tired of it like other mature games. Sonic games and nintendo games are very good for replay value.

Lana
I grew up on the likes of Mario and Zelda. They're fun games, and they're made for everyone. This doesn't make them kiddy, though.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
In addition; If you need sex in a game to make it enjoyable, then the quality of a video game is the least of your problems.

-AC

laughing true

I read all the reviews on games based on sex, and they are all failure
examples

Bmxxxx
LS Larry
the guy game guy ( I am so offended that they called it the GUY game like it's for men)
playboy the mansion
other

alll crappy reviews big grin

TwisterGameX
I grew up on the likes of Mario and Zelda. They're fun games, and they're made for everyone. This doesn't make them kiddy, though.

Sonic kills them all evil face

Alpha Centauri
BMXXX was a horrible, horrible game.

Some guy I know loved it because of it's sexual content. This is a man who more or less ejaculates over wanting great graphics, yet clearly overlooked the disgraceful gameplay and graphics because you could watch strippers.

-AC

Ast
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
laughing true

I read all the reviews on games based on sex, and they are all failure
examples

Bmxxxx
LS Larry
the guy game guy ( I am so offended that they called it the GUY game like it's for men)
playboy the mansion
other

alll crappy reviews big grin

I actually enjoyed the Playboy game. laughing out loud

Lana
Gee Ast, anything else you're not telling me? laughing out loud

Ast
Gee Ast, anything else you're not telling me? laughing out loud

It isnt like I went to the banana while playing it. stick out tongue

Lana
hysterical

Okay, I'm going now.....

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
BMXXX was a horrible, horrible game.

Some guy I know loved it because of it's sexual content. This is a man who more or less ejaculates over wanting great graphics, yet clearly overlooked the disgraceful gameplay and graphics because you could watch strippers.

-AC

laughing out loud it's so dumb, I read they show you real live topless girls when you win missions. I say wtf if you buy the game for that you just lost money because the internet you could see more for free.....and thats kind of sad.

I didn't even think of getting these games.

powerfulone1987
hmmm. you seem educated in this area twiser......

so is that why you don't think about getting them?

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
hmmm. you seem educated in this area twiser......

so is that why you don't think about getting them?

It's called game informer..I get it because I by there card...it has articles...

powerfulone1987
Just playing.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
laughing out loud it's so dumb, I read they show you real live topless girls when you win missions. I say wtf if you buy the game for that you just lost money because the internet you could see more for free.....and thats kind of sad.

I didn't even think of getting these games.

That reminds me of Bill Hicks' sketch about Basic Instinct.

TwisterGameX
What ?

Victor Von Doom
Take my word for it, I can't be bothered to go into the details.

TwisterGameX

eek

Tru_Slice
From kiddie sysyems to sexists...what's going on here?

powerfulone1987
Well then we shouldn't have to be bothered about you meaningless statements.

Victor Von Doom
Well then we shouldn't have to be bothered about you meaningless statements.

Not quite meaningless, more esoteric knowledge.

I can't legislate for ignorance.

powerfulone1987
But i'm sure you can stop trying so hard to put on a frong of intelligence.

I mean really. "legislate for ignorance" my @$$

Victor Von Doom
But i'm sure you can stop trying so hard to put on a frong of intelligence.

I mean really. "legislate for ignorance" my @$$

I'm sorry if big words trouble you.

I can't *help* *idiots*.

Lana
powerfulone1987, please stop trying to cause trouble and derailing the thread.

Victor Von Doom
A bruised ego is a terrible thing.

I'm still a bit confused as to why the 'kiddy' tag has become so prolific (happening a lot), other than group mentality (wanting to do what everyone else does).

I can only imagine it is the graphics and/or themes. The sad thing is, the very same people will always put gameplay way above graphics- or anything else- when asked what they feel is most important to a game.

Alpha Centauri
It's only kiddy to those who feel "grown up" playing "mature" games.

Which is, ironically, the most childish mentality of all.

-AC

Lana
As I've said before, games are made first and foremost to entertain. Some of the most fun ones are the ones that are simple and easy to play. I mean, look at Mario. One of my current favorites is Katamari Damacy for PS2, which is probably the simplest and silliest game to ever exist, but it's a ton of fun and is incredibly addicting.

People just seem to confuse 'easy to play' with 'childish', but this is not always the case.

Alpha Centauri
If that is what they're doing, then the PS2 is the kiddiest console ever.

I've played Mario games that are much harder than God of War or it's millions of alikes.

-AC

Lana
Heh, yeah, really.

I think why Nintendo's been slapped with this label of kiddy is because it doesn't draw lines between it's target audiences and instead makes games to appeal to everyone. I mean, I'm nearly 20. And I'll admit that I have great fun playing games like Pikmin, Animal Crossing, and Super Smash Brothers Melee. They're just fun to play. If they were kiddie games, then logically only kids would enjoy them, right? But obviously that's not the case.

Victor Von Doom
I think that is the crux (translation- the middle, important bit) of it- kiddy doesn't even mean 'for kids' in their argument, it means non-mature.

That's a problem I with that argument personally, because to me, a game is a game- literally and figuratively. It's not like the difference between 'Pulp Fiction' and 'Shrek', it's just different games. Different ways to press buttons.

TwisterGameX
Other systems are just mad that SSBM is better than most of there games so they use the kiddy card.

powerfulone1987
I'm sorry if big words trouble you.

I can't *help* *idiots*.

the funny thing is that , I don't need your help b/c I don't really consider those "big" words like you do.
And that wasn't the point anyway. But obviously you thought there was a need to emphasize that they were with another message.

Go on and have your little parade for yourself. No dirt on my shoulder.
Oops I used the word "shoulder", look everybody, i used a "Big" word.

I don't believe there is a such thing as a kiddy game.
There are games directed to certain age groups, but that doesn't make them kiddy.

Is it comprehensible.....

Victor Von Doom
the funny thing is that , I don't need your help b/c I don't really consider those "big" words like you do.
And that wasn't the point anyway. But obviously you thought there was a need to emphasize that they were with another message.

Go on and have your little parade for yourself. No dirt on my shoulder.
Oops I used the word "shoulder", look everybody, i used a "Big" word.

I don't believe there is a such thing as a kiddy game.
There are games directed to certain age groups, but that doesn't make them kiddy.

If this is for my benefit, can you take it to PM, so I can ignore it there.

If it is for others, I doubt anyone is impressed by your idiocy. Why do assume other people want to read your petty grudges in their thread?

PM, or shut up. Lana already told you to stop; apparently that's another word you don't understand.

Alpha Centauri
He's doing it in the Anime/Manga forum also. Just hates people being smarter.

Stop it or you're gonna get banned.

-AC

powerfulone1987
You yourself were also arguing with me and called me an idiot so i'm not the only on here arguing like yall are making it. But whatever.

Like I said I dont believe there is such a thing as a Kiddie game. Just because a game may not be as mature or difficult as other games, doesn't mean that an older person can't play it and get as much enoyment out of it as a younger person.

Alpha Centauri
You are quite aware that your closing line doesn't mean anything. Leading us to believe that you are actually using big words for the sake of it.

Not 'avin a go, just saying.

-AC

powerfulone1987
Well it sounds like it so leave it alone and stop following me and asking me the same question over and ove and saying the same things over and over, if you don't like it don't read it. You don't see me trying to get you change your Sig. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I have the right to tell you to take it down, and I won't do that.

Alpha Centauri
Ok, as long as you know it's not applicable and makes no sense. Cool. That's all I wanted to know.

-AC

powerfulone1987
Actually, you say you know that. What you think is no where in my mind. If I thought what you thought, I wouldn't be using it.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but factually, within the correct applications of grammar, what you are saying is nonsensical. This isn't debatable.

-AC

TwisterGameX
Edit......

powerfulone1987
I know because I am through with the ordeal.

Hopefully Nintendo starts to show some next gen game footage and comes out with some new games b/c so far I've seen nothing to make me want a revolution even though i'm getting one. I have heard of upcoming games for the system though that I want so that's good.

Lana
Didn't I say to knock this off already?

powerfulone1987
If my memory serves me correct you did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.