*Spoiler Alert* Favorite Ep. III Deleted Scene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediMusician
So which deleted scene on the DVD did everyone like the best, or wish had been left in the movie?

I think the scene with General Greivous executing Shaak Ti should have been left in, and Obi-Wan's and Anakin's subsequent get-away.

Sir Mist
Yoda dancing....shame that got left out...

JediMusician
Let's keep this thread to those who have seen the DVD, please.

Thank you.

Sir Mist
Oh Im sorry, didnt know ths was an exclusive thread roll eyes (sarcastic)

bobcrickett
I wasn't aware that it was November 2nd yet...

Ast
I loved the whole GG/Fuel escape scene, it was funny and showed off Anakin and Obi's relationship.

BTW: I saw the scenes, without seeing the dvd, big grin

Stun
Originally posted by bobcrickett
I wasn't aware that it was November 2nd yet...

November 2nd?? we get ours on Halloween lol. I kinda wished that i didnt see any of these deleted scenes before release. Btw - does anyone know what scene they've added to the DVD release? I remember they went overboard on the TPM release - with all the extra incomplete podrace scenes - Yuck!, and there was that one scene added in Clones - so i take it they'll carry on the tradition?

nuwine200419
what scene was added to attack of the clones?

DarkYoda
Originally posted by JediMusician
Let's keep this thread to those who have seen the DVD, please.

Thank you.

*laughs to himself at the absurd thought that anyone will heed this message*

bobcrickett
Yeah, DY's right, no one will care...

Including Americans. big grin

SpikeSpiegel
Originally posted by Stun
November 2nd?? we get ours on Halloween lol. I kinda wished that i didnt see any of these deleted scenes before release. Btw - does anyone know what scene they've added to the DVD release? I remember they went overboard on the TPM release - with all the extra incomplete podrace scenes - Yuck!, and there was that one scene added in Clones - so i take it they'll carry on the tradition?

I've watched the deleted scenes, but haven't had time to watch the movie yet. With any luck it will be the Qui-gon voice bit.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by bobcrickett
Yeah, DY's right, no one will care...

Including Americans. big grin

what?

JediMusician
Unfortunately, Qui-Gon is not included in any of the deleted scene content.

My access to the DVD comes from an employee of a video store where they are encouraged to preview new releases before they are released. She was aware of Star Wars fans around her and made it available for viewing.

bobcrickett
You laughing at the absurdity of anyone heeding the message about keeping thread to only people who have seen the DVD. That's mostly just Americans that haven't, on here.

DeVi| D0do
I'm glad they were all cut.

bobcrickett
How sad!

I wish they actually had some good cut scenes. Like the LOTR DVD packs.

spencerspider
weird... i go to place to get dvd cuz it said realease was Nov. 1 and they come out tuesday... THIS SUCKS

JediMusician
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I'm glad they were all cut.

That's an interesting position. You must be one of the few people in this forum to believe George Lucas always does the right thing for his movies. But even if you agree with the scenes being cut (for pacing, or whatever) you can still have a favorite.

BTW, Bobcrickett, I am an American.

Ushgarak
Whilst I appreciate the reason to cut them from the films, the Rebel Alliance establishing scenes were very interesting to the mythology.

bobcrickett
Yes, I can't wait to see those.

I know JediMusician; I read why you've already seen it. yes

Lord J
i like Shaak Ti getting stabbed its kind of funny

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by JediMusician
That's an interesting position. You must be one of the few people in this forum to believe George Lucas always does the right thing for his movies. But even if you agree with the scenes being cut (for pacing, or whatever) you can still have a favorite.
Always? Hardly. But in cutting these scenes I think he made a very wise decision. I already posted my thoughts of the deleted scenes a while ago...

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Just seen the deleted scenes and really they're nothing special... I'm glad they were cut.

The Dagobah one is nice, but unneeded. The Shaak Ti/Fuel chamber sequence is unfinished and mostly in animatic form. It's a pretty pointless scene really and a bad introduction to Grievous in my opinion. And the hand signal interaction between Anakin and Obi-Wan is awkward... though it does provide a nice moment to establish their friendship. But there's already enough of that in the opening sequence.

There's nothing wrong with the three Rebellion scenes, but there's nothing particularly great about them either. They're just further backstory and are very slow, so I'm glad they're not in the finished film. It is great to see Mon Mothma again, and I've always like Bail. But the Afro man with the australian accent just doesn't fit...

The scene with Yoda, Mace and Obi Wan in the council chambers is pretty much the same as the scene with Mace in the war room. Nothing new really, except more Obi Wan...

Watching Yoda dance to hip hop music is just scary. Really scary. I'll leave it at that.

The Ones
I agree with Ush. The rebel aliance scenes were kinda good. and it linked better with the OT

Dan Skywalker
The rebel alliance scenes should never have been dropped as it added to the continuaty. I also prefer the conversation between yoda,mace and obi-wan 2 re-write which was included in the final cut.
My favourite deleted scene has to be presenting the petition of the 2000 2 Palpatine, kinda cool

overlord
I will debate forever untill you all agree that the Yoda landing on some planet scene was the greatest ever.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by overlord
I will debate forever untill you all agree that the Yoda landing on some planet scene was the greatest ever.

"some planet"

OMG... have you seen the original Star Wars Trilogy!!!

*screams and runs around in circles*

overlord
Oops.. The random mud planet he fled to was actually the greatest planet too!

And no, I only saw the phantom menace and loooooooved it! I am fourteen years old!

JKozzy
Are you being an ass or do you really not know its name? I can't tell huh

overlord
DAGOBAH BAH!! eek! eek! eek!

JKozzy
smart

General Bondius
The Yoda landing on Dagobah is really great. no doubt.

overlord
YES!! I am master debasor!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.