Death is similar to having an amnesia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Did anyone ever noticed this? ive just noticed. When you die, you think of nothing and u have no memory of the past. When you have an amnesia, its basically dying. Its like dying and then a new person takes your place.

Capt_Fantastic
In your sig, Doom looks like he's scratching his nose with his thumb.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

WOW now I understand life AND death. laughing

It is kind of like amnesia. You die; you are reincarnated and you don't remember your past life. Or do you?

DrDoom101
well, some ppl dont. amnesia is just like dying and letting a stranger possess your body. Basically amnesia and death are almost the same. and dont make fun of doom.

PVS
so you've died before and thus know this?

really, you speak as if we all know what death is like...

BackFire
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Did anyone ever noticed this? ive just noticed. When you die, you think of nothing and u have no memory of the past. When you have an amnesia, its basically dying. Its like dying and then a new person takes your place.

Yeah, because you'd know, wouldn't you?

mailedbypostman
How do you know we get reincarnated?

GCG
you dont ; and thats just hypotethically speaking

Victor Von Doom
Hmm.

I don't really follow the logic of this. Perhaps you could draw an analogy between a formatted computer and amnesia.

Death is a leap.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by mailedbypostman

I don't know for sure, but it makes a lot of sense in my life. laughing

FeceMan
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
This is the most insightful thing written in this entire thread.

debbiejo
Originally posted by mailedbypostman

I've read that many little children do remember a past life...

finti
yeah but then again life with Whinny The Pooh and his friends might be their vivid imagination though wink

debbiejo
There were some cool documented case where the child's previous family were still alive when he/she died as an adult....

botankus
Where's Bardock? We need someone to take part in this experiment.

debbiejo
blink ...Yeah...let's do it.....Maybe he'll come back as a Bardock48.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
Where's Bardock? We need someone to take part in this experiment.
Do I take the amnesia or the death part? What the f**k?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42

Death of course....eat.....I want to see what happens....

botankus
Originally posted by debbiejo
blink ...Yeah...let's do it.....Maybe he'll come back as a Bardock48.
hysterical

botankus

I love how Bardock48 saves all of the What the f**k?'s for me....or maybe I deserve it. sad

debbiejo
Bardock48...WOW!...It does work....ghost2....

What do you remember Bardock?...Do you remember anything????

Da preacher
Death is jus the end to something that has begun.
When something begins it has to end.
When something ends something new begins.

botankus

I don't think we'll find out until tomorrow. When you die on a given day, you lose the rest of the day. Unfortunately, he will have amnesia, so I would expect Bardock48 to be clueless and respond with a bunch of What the f**k?'s, too.

Shakyamunison
I am sorry to say this but death is not like amnesia in three very important ways.
1. With amnesia, you can recover, with death, you can't.
2. You can also die after having amnesia, but you can't get amnesia after dieing.
3. After dieing your body begins to decompose, with amnesia, you don't have this problem.

Mindship
Though I am inclined to believe that death is a liberation of consciousness, not a termination (though the body and ego end), I am Really inclined to believe that after-death awareness is thoroughly beyond anything we, while still alive, can imagine--and man, humans do A Lot of imagining as far as death goes.

Mystics say the first step toward real understanding of such awareness is to admit you have no idea and give up every preconceived notion. Otherwise you are in for more illusion, perhaps sheer terror.

Boy, would I love to see the face of every suicide bomber expecting to be greeted by 72 brown-eyed virgins.

"Surprise!"

Jedi Priestess

Well now see I think we need to get the opinion of a dead person here to be sure you've got this right. eek!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Well now see I think we need to get the opinion of a dead person here to be sure you've got this right. eek!

The last dead person I talked to about this topic didn't have much to say about it. eek! I think they are keeping it to themselves. laughing

botankus
I say someone contact Darth Vader. Only then will we know the truth.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The last dead person I talked to about this topic didn't have much to say about it. eek! I think they are keeping it to themselves. laughing

It's a conspiracy. cool

Shakyamunison
It's a conspiracy. cool

They are too good for us livies. stick out tongue

Curl_Up&Dye
Originally posted by PVS
so you've died before and thus know this?

really, you speak as if we all know what death is like...

well i know the last time i died, which if i remember correctly, spontaneous human combustion while watching whitney houstons reality tv show, i actually did have a recollection as to why no one should ever watch that show.

FeceMan
Well, he could have died and come back to life (i.e., he was medically dead but was resuscitated) but I doubt it.

Capt_Fantastic
well, some ppl dont.

Okay, okay...It looks like he just ate fried chicken and he can still smell it on his thumb. Is that better?

Bardock42

Do I know you What the f**k?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
3. After dieing your body begins to decompose, with amnesia, you don't have this problem. Random aside: Unless the amnesia is caused by a progressive neurodegenerative disorder, in which case more and more of the brain will continue to atrophy... of course that would have started long before the amnesia became apparent.

On-topic: I'm a monist when it comes to consciousness so death is merely death.

debbiejo
Do I know you What the f**k? laughing out loud laughing out loud

Hypnotherapy might help....How could you forget me????

botankus
Do I know you What the f**k?

It works!

debbiejo
Yeah...Reincarnation is real......Burdock 48 forgot to change his number though.... wink

Bardock42
Originally posted by Bardock48
No, he didn't. What the f**k?

Atlantis001
Originally posted by Mindship
Boy, would I love to see the face of every suicide bomber expecting to be greeted by 72 brown-eyed virgins.

"Surprise!"

What !? So was that all a lie... sad

debbiejo
Yeah, I can't wait to see their faces also.... devil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.