DDR Mario Mix [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
Happy Dance I saw it at the store for the GC and it is more than dancing. it looks fun eek!

JKozzy
Might give it a shot if I can use my existing dancepad through a converter thingy, if they have it.

Lana
Mario DDR laughing that sounds like it'd be highly amusing....

TwisterGameX
http://cube.ign.com/objects/723/723137.html

TwisterGameX
I saw people playing at the store and dancing to the bowser song!!. I might get it.

powerfulone1987
I think i'd be interested in it too..........in the privacy of my own room at home.

So how do you hook it up to your gamecube? Do you have to buy extra stuff?
How much is it?
Is it out yet?
If not, when does it come out?
How big is the package that it comes in?

Is it comprehensible.....

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I think i'd be interested in it too..........in the privacy of my own room at home.

So how do you hook it up to your gamecube? Do you have to buy extra stuff?
How much is it?
Is it out yet?
If not, when does it come out?
How big is the package that it comes in?

Is it comprehensible.....

I think it;s out and you got to buy another dance pad for the gc or if you have some converter thing then you could use anyone.. mad

I saw alot of boys and girls like 10 years older than me having the time of there lives in the store with the mario. Eh who cares who sees me.

powerfulone1987
Well it's not like i already have a dance pad.

So it comes seperate from the game.
That sucks.

DarkC
It has an actual story mode, if I remember.

TwisterGameX
This should be fun. It got an ok score to like 8 and people gave it an 8.7.

Lana
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Well it's not like i already have a dance pad.

So it comes seperate from the game.
That sucks.

The dance mats ALWAYS come seperate from the game, unless you've got a PS2 and buy the bundle pack.

A good one costs around $30, the first one I got cost that much and lasted me 2 years, and I got a second one about 2 years ago for the same price and it still works fine.

TwisterGameX
Just another reason to get a GC

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/632/632313/dance-dance-revolution-mario-mix-20050708101500362.jpg

§P0oONY
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Happy Dance I saw it at the store for the GC and it is more than dancing. it looks fun eek!

It's alright... story mode is piss....

Originally posted by Lana
The dance mats ALWAYS come seperate from the game, unless you've got a PS2 and buy the bundle pack.

A good one costs around , the first one I got cost that much and lasted me 2 years, and I got a second one about 2 years ago for the same price and it still works fine.

Our survey says.... <family fortunes incorrect noise goes here>

Mario DDR comes with the mat.

TwisterGameX

Lana

§P0oONY
Does it?

Probably because, so far as I know, it's the first DDR game for GC.

It is indeed the first DDR (or dancing stage, depends where you're from) for the GC, and the mat does come with it (bought it a few days ago... so I'm pretty sure). It's not the 1st dancing game for the GC though, there was another one.... but it sucked balls... it's only got like a rating of 3 on IGN.

The games got a nifty calorie counter thing... rather amusing.

TwisterGameX

Lana

TwisterGameX
I suck at DDR though so people will laugh at me so bad if I was playing ddr mario in public.

§P0oONY
laughing Well atleast ddr mario gets an 8 and the people gave it an 8.7. I don't think there is one crappy mario game..the wosre is average.

Mario is Missing!,
Mario Time Machine

no expression

Yeah, it really is, I've got like 4 DDR games for PS2 and they all have that.

When I get bored I toss it in workout mode (because it goes non-stop) and play for like 3 hours at a time.

I bought the arcade version of DDR... (for the PC.... bootleg)... took me ages to find a compatible mat. got so many tracks on... droolio

Lana

§P0oONY
That's why I practice at home yes

On the PC I just play Stepmania....hehe....but I'm too lazy to find a converter for my mat so I play it with the keyboard and use it to learn the steps for the songs.

Keyboardin' on a dancing game is a joke.... could it be any less taxing?

Lana

TwisterGameX
I hear the ps2 has the most songs anyway.

§P0oONY
I hear the ps2 has the most songs anyway.

And yet.... the console sucks stick out tongue

TwisterGameX
NEVER..ok is this a rumor that you could play this game online...

§P0oONY
NEVER..ok is this a rumor that you could play this game online...

Yup, My Gamecube is not online anyway... so it's irrelevant to me anyway.

TwisterGameX
Thats a bad thing about GC that it can't go online..even though I dn how to get my ps2 online ot have Xbox live.....

StaT1c
Hand me that double dance pad

§P0oONY
Thats a bad thing about GC that it can't go online..even though I dn how to get my ps2 online ot have Xbox live.....
It can go online. yes

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
Not the gc but how can the ps2 go online...is it free ?

Is it hell...

General Kaliero
Has anyone played this one? My little bro got it for Christmas, and I'll be damned if it's not crazy-addictive.

The songs are mostly dance remixes of songs from the Mario series, and amazingly, that setup actually works. (It's amazing how danceable the Underwater theme from Super Mario Bros. can be.) They are also varied, from old-school stuff (Arcade DK theme) to "golden era" (Hammer Bros. theme from SMB3) to new stuff (Bowser's Castle from MKbig grinD!!)

The pad also works very well, no complaints about it.

My only problems with this game are that the story mode is a bit lackluster, and you'll have to go through story mode at least twice to unlock all of the songs.

So anyone played it, or have a favorite song? It's a great game for parties, especially parties with drinks.

Lana
Drunk DDR?

You just gave me an idea for my birthday party laughing

I love DDR, haven't played this yet....I vaguely remember there being a thread about it though, I'll go check.

Yep, already existed stick out tongue merged threads.

General Kaliero
Dang, sorry for giving you extra work, Lana. Search turned up nil.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.