Yoda:- used anger or concentration

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

pundarboris
he used his strengt

Ushgarak
Take it as read- the Jedi are never using their emotions to power their force powers. That's the number one no-no.

pundarboris
when something is physically difficult I think that is kind of the facial expression you would make. just a thought I could be wrong

JKozzy
Yes. The same happened with Obi-Wan force-pushing Grievous away.

DarkYoda
I disagree... the Jedi do at times let their emotions influence them when they fight. Remember how upset Obi-Wan got when Maul killed Qui-Gon. Remember how emotional Obi-Wan was when he fought Anakin? How emotional Luke was both times he fought Vader? The difference is that they don't let the emotions take over... they resist them. I think it would be hard for Yoda not to be pissed at the man that killed the Jedi Order that he had worked hard to preserve all his life, including all those younglings. But he did not let such emotions overtake him.

Rebel Racer
concentration

General Zink
There's a difference between having emotions and using emotions. Obi-Wan can be as pissed and miserable as he wants about Qui-Gon dying or Anakin falling, but as long as he doesn't use them, he's fine.

Though, from what I've read, several people think that Ben was skirting the Dark Side in his fight with Maul, after Qui-Gon went down.

Captain REX
Why do people insist on thinking that the Jedi are actually evil? blink

Ushgarak
Because people like to think they have successfully spotted something in a franchise that others have not- the source of all 'Jedi are more evil' or 'The Sith have a point' ideas (or worse, the 'Grey Jedi' theory).

aj_vader
Well What Can I Say?

Oh I know!

erm... Sith Rule!

Bow To All Sith notworthy notworthy notworthy

darthvader_fan
thats right THE SITH BOW DOWN TO ME

HA HA

actually im just a darthvader_fan shouldnt bow down to me

jon84
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
thats right THE SITH BOW DOWN TO ME

HA HA

actually im just a darthvader_fan shouldnt bow down to me

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/115/praise5zt.gif j/k

darthvader_fan
your signature just cracks me up everytime i see it

aj_vader
i wish i had a signature jon's is gr8, but darthvader_fan, omg i want it!!! lol

Council#13
Hmmmm, i think he was concentrating pretty hard. it looked like the face of a constipated little green thing.
Yeah ur right! I want that signature!!!

Bicnarok
Obe wan certainly looked angry when attacking maul, but he actually won the fight with concentration and a surise attack.

I wonder if Anniken used anger etc. to beat Dooku after Dooku commented on anniken having these fealings but not using them.

Bicnarok

Decay
i think with yoda hed gone past desperate and he knew this was it. he had to use everything he had to survive. you can see just before it he was looking away barely holding on and id say that he realised that if he was every going to summon enough strength to fight the sith this was it. like when you work out, you make agressive looking faces when you push yourself hard enough. i think that combined with the knowlege that this was his last moment to make a difference in the fate of the galaxy. determination plus massive amounts of effort.

Princess Lyla
I would have to agree with Decay, all the weight of the future rested on Yoda and let's not forget that he was the most experienced Jedi of all, so maybe he was measuring Palpatine's powers before letting his full strength out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.