Trained Pit Bull vs Wolf in a pit fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Ok, there are MILLIONS of pit bulls and wolves in comics, don't shut this down.

This is a fight between a pitbull terrier and a wild wolf. The conditions are that they fight in a pit where all the normal dog fighting rules apply. The Pit is highly game and well taught.

Wynndar
According to zoologists, to wolves, pit bulls and all other breeds of dog are only considered food.

Through breeding Pit Bulls and all other dogs have a big disadvantage to wolves...wolves have far superior muscle efficiency and bone density...Although Pit Bulls have over developed jaw muscles they cannot bite nearly as hard as a wolf...pit bull muscle may highly favor slow twitch muscle which is why they are accustomed to bite and hold on (which is the case for all "bull" types which were literally bred to catch rats and then bite and hold bulls). Wolves also have some of the most impressive lung efficiency and endurance among mammals. Finally, wolves live over huge territories and articulate very impressive hunting strategies. When dogs were bred, they were NOT conditioned or selected based on their brain power. Thus, early on in their domestication, thousands of years ago, without selection for brain power, their brain's cerebral mass was severely diminished...even the smartest and most well trained dogs have an ultimately smaller brain and are dumber than any wolf.

Wolf wins.

Blair Wind
wat he said!

spetznaz
Originally posted by Wynndar
According to zoologists, to wolves, pit bulls and all other breeds of dog are only considered food.

Through breeding Pit Bulls and all other dogs have a big disadvantage to wolves...wolves have far superior muscle efficiency and bone density...Although Pit Bulls have over developed jaw muscles they cannot bite nearly as hard as a wolf...pit bull muscle may highly favor slow twitch muscle which is why they are accustomed to bite and hold on (which is the case for all "bull" types which were literally bred to catch rats and then bite and hold bulls). Wolves also have some of the most impressive lung efficiency and endurance among mammals. Finally, wolves live over huge territories and articulate very impressive hunting strategies. When dogs were bred, they were NOT conditioned or selected based on their brain power. Thus, early on in their domestication, thousands of years ago, without selection for brain power, their brain's cerebral mass was severely diminished...even the smartest and most well trained dogs have an ultimately smaller brain and are dumber than any wolf.

Wolf wins.

Perfect answer.
The only dogs that might give a wolf a run for their money are South-African Ridgebacks (bred to help in hunting lions - although they were often simply cannonfodder for the cats since even an adult leopard can tke down any dog, but they helped in running down solitary lions as a pack), and the European Wolfhound.
A pitbull would be slaughtered.

long pig
Normal dogs are food when the Wolf leads it into the woods and the pack kills it. But pits aren't normal dogs, they have skill on how to win a fight, they have enormous pain tolerance.

Again, this is a highly trained PBT, it's very game. Game pits will die rather than be beaten.

I don't think the wolf has what it takes.

xmarksthespot
Pit bull is to wolf, as polar bear is to bull walrus.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Pit bull is to wolf, as polar bear is to bull walrus.

as xmarksthespot it to Blair Wind

Wynndar
Even in one on one encounters Wolves have demonstrated they can articulate strategy to kill...thats why lone wolves have stalked humans, watched their behavior and formed strategies to eat them...Less than ten creatures in the animal kindom can do this. Many breeds of dog may look like a match on paper...English Mastiffs, pit bulls, and ridgebacks, but they are severely behind in the smarts and skill department. If u actually encounter a wild wolf, one will immediately notice how much more graceful it is than a dog...They have entirely different shoulder and leg structure that makes them strideful, silent, and more agile. It is also very disconcerting when u watch their eyes because u can see them actually studying u and trying to read your behavior. Back in Indiana where I grew up, I visited two different wolf reserves...one of them actually has over thirty wolves; here I got to spend time with an individual wolf behind a 12 foot fence that followed and studied me for half an hour...looking back at an intelligent animal trying to figure out a way to eat u is interesting but still kinda haunting. I also saw one bite through a three inch cow bone like it was a snickers. I study biology and have an interest in zoology...seen a lot of animals and wolves are very impressive.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Blair Wind
as xmarksthespot it to Blair Wind messed Are you threatening to kill me? I thought we were forever... laughing out loud

Blair Wind
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
messed Are you threatening to kill me? I thought we were forever... laughing out loud

only when the tooth fairy comes out, and Santa admits he is Elvis will we be forever!!

Wynndar
Originally posted by long pig
Normal dogs are food when the Wolf leads it into the woods and the pack kills it. But pits aren't normal dogs, they have skill on how to win a fight, they have enormous pain tolerance.

Again, this is a highly trained PBT, it's very game. Game pits will die rather than be beaten.

Thats like saying u could train a learning disabled person to beat Cale Sanderson in a wrestling match.

The Pit lacks the physiology to beat a Wolf under normal circumstances. The pit is too far behind...its speed, intelligence, and strength were selected out thousands of years ago while wolves only became more naturally selected. Do u realize that a wolf has more bite power than most carnivorous mammals twice its size i.e. a lion? Pit bulls have massive jaw muscles not meant for pressure but slow twitch muscle that can hold onto the bull...thats why bull-type breeds have wide "ugly" snouts...to grip and hold the bull and the genetic DISORDER agromaglia was INTENTIONALLY bred into them thats why the rest of their bodies are so thick and awkward...the wrinkles in their muzzles were encouraged to direct the blood of the bull away from their eyes. They are simply built to hold on to an animal like a dog...A wolf would literally bite a dogs head off in a similar position.

xmarksthespot
Comparative animal biology?

Jargon343
Pit bulls aren't as tough as they're made out to be. A wolf would kill any dog easily, simply for the fact that they have an instinct to go for the jugular, were dogs lack that instinct. Generally it's considered preferable to be attacked by a pack of wolves than a pack of ferile dogs because wolves will kill you quick, drag you down and rip your throat, where a pack of dogs will just grab hold somewhere and start ripping.

Pit's are really just normal dogs, except they're pretty muscled for a dog their size and they are very easily trained (ie it's alot easier to make them vicious).

Darth Macabre
You got to think though. This is in a PIT. When a Pit Bull terrier sees the wolf, he's going to charge at them. There's really no need for strategy as much as there would be out in the wild. Sure I think out in the wild the Wolf would kill the Pit with in minutes. But this is in a caged space. I think the Pit would at least be a decent match.

But really insightful post by the way Wynndar.

Cheers!

Wynndar
Actually in a fight against a dog, a wolf would be more inclined to go for it eyes than its jugular. Wolves aren't really like the big cats who may have diverged from carnivores with exaggerated canine structure...the big cats never really depended on bite power...Wolves can literally bite through any bone in the dog's body effortlessly.

Wynndar
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
You got to think though. This is in a PIT. When a Pit Bull terrier sees the wolf, he's going to charge at them. There's really no need for strategy as much as there would be out in the wild. Sure I think out in the wild the Wolf would kill the Pit with in minutes. But this is in a caged space. I think the Pit would at least be a decent match.

But really insightful post by the way Wynndar.

Cheers!

Well one could speculate some kind of scenerio that would appear to give the pit an advantage...however, Im not talking about a fight in the woods...animals dont discern between fighting environments anyway. I was just pointing out the cerebral and physiological tools that give the wolf a dramatic advantage...pit or not...charging or not...highly trained or not...the pit bull is so slow, awkward, weak, and unarticulate it would have no hope against something that has been naturally selected to be a top predator of other mammals. Pit Bulls have been unnaturally selected to catching rats and holding onto bulls. Although they have been used to fight other dogs they havent been genetically selected to fighting or killing anything but rats. U cant train a Pit through a dozen generations of fighting dogs, when its already genetically engineered to holding onto a bull, to fight something thats been naturally selected out in an arctic and timber environment to kill elk, moose, and bears for millions of years. The wolf endured multiple ice ages...pit bulls have been bred to fight for a few decades in trailer parks and the ghetto.

Dizzle
... Well hot damn, wolves kick ass. Seriously though, getting my leg literally bitten off doesn't sound pleasant. I'm avoiding wolves.

Darth_Erebus
The wolf would kill the pit bull, no question.A wolf versus a spotted hyena would have been a better matchup. Now there's an animal with an impressive set of jaws.

Wynndar
Yep

Metalmanx
Thats like saying u could train a learning disabled person to beat Cale Sanderson in a wrestling match.

The Pit lacks the physiology to beat a Wolf under normal circumstances.

Which is exactly why Spiderman beats Batman. Hahah, sorry, just wanted to throw that out there. stick out tongue

Dizzle
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Which is exactly why Spiderman beats Batman. Hahah, sorry, just wanted to throw that out there. stick out tongue

Actually, batman vs. Superman would more be Cale Sanderson vs. mentally challenged guy with a sword. Cale should win, but the dude has a sword, so his road to victory is a lot shorter and bloodier. Cale SHOULD probably still win, if he plays smart (runs, picks up something, throws it) but if he just kinda runs at the guy, he's probly getting hacked up.

Anyhoo, back to the topic. So, spotted hyena vs. Wolf? Anyone?

Tron
Ok, there are MILLIONS of pit bulls and wolves in comics, don't shut this down.

And that doesn't make it any more valid, you should know better by now.

But, I'll leave it open, for now.

And Wynndar's right, no dog, not even a well trained one, has a chance against an animal that's superior in physical stats, intelligence, and killing instinct. A hyena would've been a better choice.

KillAll

Wolf wins.

any dog??? look up why mastiffs were bread.... mastiffs would kill a wolf... infact thats what they were bread for.

Tha C-Master
Where I grew up there were illegal pitbull fights, and I can surely say A TRAINED one would be quite a match for a wolf, a couple highly trained ones can take a bear.

If the wolf is NOT trained, than the pit bull can definitely win.

KillAll
i'd go for the trained pitbull most of the time...

xmarksthespot
I don't think wolves need to be trained so to speak - killing is innate in it's nature, it learns how to kill via it's rearing. If a wolf has survived to adulthood presumably it is "trained" to kill.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Where I grew up there were illegal pitbull fights, and I can surely say A TRAINED one would be quite a match for a wolf

You make this statement based on your experience of growing up around pitbulls, what is your experience of growing up around wolves?

Wolves are bigger, stronger, smarter, faster, fight amongst themselves continually, are meaner, and have no need to be trained or abused in order to perform under pressure or in a conflict. I believe that although it'd be bloody, a wolf stomps a pitbull.

There is only one dog that has a chance in my opinion, and that would be an irish wolf hound. I had a pet wolfhound for 8 years and I would put a wolfhound against a pitbull any day. They have a similar biting structure as a wolf, greater speed and even strength.

Wolf takes the pit and Wynndar has given numerous reasons why.

Wynndar
Irish wolf hound is an example of a dog that was bred for fighting wolves...has much better chances than the pit bull.

Regardless, the multiple breeds of wolf hound and the English Mastiff, a very old breed of dog that was perfected by the Romans for fighting exotic animals like lions still lack the tools.

These dogs were all meant to gang up on other animals. Instead of being destructive they are meant to hold down their quarry. Although some people might be impressed with the nature of a pit bull, all it is built for is holding onto another animal...not to kill it. Although it can be trained to kill, its physiology is built for latching on: overdeveloped large slow twitch jaw muscles, short wide agromaglic features, wrinkled snout allows blood to run away from its eyes...Wolves dont have these features because they are built to kill and eat what it fights....the pressure exerted by their jaws greatly exceeds that of a pit bull because its not meant to latch on...its meant to crush bone.

The Hyena is the only canine with more powerful jaw muscles than a wolf...Its not as graceful...but Hyenas are also pretty intelligent because they demonstrate similar behavior to wolves. Where the wolf would beat the pit bull 10/10 times it may only beat the Hyena 6/10 times. The reason I say this is the wolf is a little more divergent in specifically hunting and killing. Hyenas are so successful because they are so efficient at scavenging and oportunistically stealing prey in a pack from larger, faster, more skilled hunters...they've also demonstrated some omnivorous like behaviors. Wolves are very resilient even though they were hunted to near extinction and live in the harshest of environments...instead of relying on other behaviors like scavenging or diversifying their diet, they hunt until they find something to kill. Thus I say the wolf still slightly edges out the Hyena.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by KharmaDog
You make this statement based on your experience of growing up around pitbulls, what is your experience of growing up around wolves?

Wolves are bigger, stronger, smarter, faster, fight amongst themselves continually, are meaner, and have no need to be trained or abused in order to perform under pressure or in a conflict. I believe that although it'd be bloody, a wolf stomps a pitbull.

There is only one dog that has a chance in my opinion, and that would be an irish wolf hound. I had a pet wolfhound for 8 years and I would put a wolfhound against a pitbull any day. They have a similar biting structure as a wolf, greater speed and even strength.

Wolf takes the pit and Wynndar has given numerous reasons why. I am a person who studies animals for a living, and while I do believe the wolf wins in the end, it WILL still be a bloody, difficult match.

Trained german shephards jump cars to get at criminals with guns, are guns less dangerous than a wolf?

soleran30
as far as dogs go German Shepards have a brain very close in size to wolfs......but on this hyena and wolf bit in a pit I go w/the hyena. They have HUGE bite power..........funny thing is they are more closely related to cats then dogs same with bearssmile

Swanky-Tuna

It's by my understanding that a wolf's natural instincts are greater than any training.

Metalmanx
Irish wolf hound is an example of a dog that was bred for fighting wolves...has much better chances than the pit bull.

Regardless, the multiple breeds of wolf hound and the English Mastiff, a very old breed of dog that was perfected by the Romans for fighting exotic animals like lions still lack the tools.

These dogs were all meant to gang up on other animals. Instead of being destructive they are meant to hold down their quarry. Although some people might be impressed with the nature of a pit bull, all it is built for is holding onto another animal...not to kill it. Although it can be trained to kill, its physiology is built for latching on: overdeveloped large slow twitch jaw muscles, short wide agromaglic features, wrinkled snout allows blood to run away from its eyes...Wolves dont have these features because they are built to kill and eat what it fights....the pressure exerted by their jaws greatly exceeds that of a pit bull because its not meant to latch on...its meant to crush bone.

The Hyena is the only canine with more powerful jaw muscles than a wolf...Its not as graceful...but Hyenas are also pretty intelligent because they demonstrate similar behavior to wolves. Where the wolf would beat the pit bull 10/10 times it may only beat the Hyena 6/10 times. The reason I say this is the wolf is a little more divergent in specifically hunting and killing. Hyenas are so successful because they are so efficient at scavenging and oportunistically stealing prey in a pack from larger, faster, more skilled hunters...they've also demonstrated some omnivorous like behaviors. Wolves are very resilient even though they were hunted to near extinction and live in the harshest of environments...instead of relying on other behaviors like scavenging or diversifying their diet, they hunt until they find something to kill. Thus I say the wolf still slightly edges out the Hyena.

Man, you were so right on until this post.

Hyenas are not canines. In fact, they are more closely related to the mongoose than any other animal. Actually, even more cat-like than canine.

Just wanted to point that out.

Now a good match would be a Dingo vs. Wolf. They're basically the same animal, just in different parts of the world.

I'd like to see a lone wolf take out a full-grown Kangaroo though. Dingos do it.

DarkCrawler
What about a Siberian Tiger Versus Wolf? I think that tiger would win, what is your opinion, Wynndar (You know a lot about these things). Also, what about full-grown Siberian Tiger versus full-grown Polar Bear? I've read something about old cage matches where a Siberian Tiger won almost every match where it was put against a Polar Bear. (Tigers also beat lions easily?)

This is not even comic book related...but this is one of the most interesting topics here. stick out tongue

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by soleran30
as far as dogs go German Shepards have a brain very close in size to wolfs......but on this hyena and wolf bit in a pit I go w/the hyena. They have HUGE bite power..........funny thing is they are more closely related to cats then dogs same with bearssmile True, GS's are highly intelligent.

Jargon343
Dingos are feral dogs aren't they? It's not the same as a wolf.

To reiterate, a wolf would almost always kill any dog. But to clarify, fighting dogs like pitbulls are not trained to bite and hold on, they are trained to bite and rip.

Also, a poster above said a couple of pitbulls can take a bear, which obviously isn't true. You're thinking of bear baiting, which usually takes a larger breed of dog. The bear is tied down in those fights, and a whole pack of dogs is released on it, alot more than a couple. And the bear still wins on a frequent basis.

DarkCrawler
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf

Maestro
How about a Cougar vs a wolf?

Wynndar
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Man, you were so right on until this post.

Hyenas are not canines. In fact, they are more closely related to the mongoose than any other animal. Actually, even more cat-like than canine.

Just wanted to point that out.

Now a good match would be a Dingo vs. Wolf. They're basically the same animal, just in different parts of the world.

I'd like to see a lone wolf take out a full-grown Kangaroo though. Dingos do it.

hmm I shouldnt have used canine as a technical term...the family Hyaenidae is not taxinomically related to canines. They are closer to vivverrids and herpestids which includes mongooses...i think.

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
What about a Siberian Tiger Versus Wolf? I think that tiger would win, what is your opinion, Wynndar (You know a lot about these things). Also, what about full-grown Siberian Tiger versus full-grown Polar Bear? I've read something about old cage matches where a Siberian Tiger won almost every match where it was put against a Polar Bear. (Tigers also beat lions easily?)

This is not even comic book related...but this is one of the most interesting topics here. stick out tongue

Siberian tigers can weigh 1000lbs. Polar bears and some sub species of kodiak bear are the only carnivores on land that get bigger. Siberian tigers in Russia have been known to kill brown bears though...The biggest bears would be the only match for the Siberian Tiger. A wolf would have no chance at all...its literally 1/5th the size.

Coincidentally, one of the largest, if not the largest big-cat reserve in north america is also in Indiana, not far from Terre-Haute. They have around 165 big cats mostly lions and tigers...Siberian Tiger=very fncking big

wolverine8888
true grizzly bears are the only matches for them, but most always the tiger wins. there are very few tiems even in pit fights that a grizzly has ever beaten a tiger

wolverine8888
Originally posted by Maestro
How about a Cougar vs a wolf?

wolf in every single way is pritty much superior to a cougar.

a good match up may be a wolverine vs a wolf but I still say a wolverine would most deffently win even thou they are much smaller

Swanky-Tuna
Of course you'd suggest a wolverine.

wolverine8888
lol it has nuthing to do with wolverine the comic character. wolverine, actauly when he was about 20 hung around with wolfs not wolverines.
wolverines have been known to kill mooses, bears and also scare wolf packs away.

wolverine8888

a siberian tiger vs a pack of wolfs would still be the victor.
full grown siberian tiger would beat a polar bear.
siberain tigers in pit fights were so un a fraid of lions that they would actauly just lay there, almost mocking the lion to attack.
almost every single time the lion attacked it would die extremely fast.

ZephroCarnelian
A wolf would kill a Pit.

but that a Wolf would beat any domestic dog?

This isn't true. Up until a century and a half ago, England, Ireland and Scotland still had wolves.

How did we fend them off?

Irish Wolfhounds.

Irish Wolfhounds are the biggest (tallest) dog, they're fast for their size and though normally very gentle, they're very very VERY fierce when protecting their master.

They're massively powerful and they can and HAVE defeated MORE than one wolf by themselves in the past.

I have herd of Wolfhounds giving up their life to save their master, taking with them up to THREE wolves before they die.

Irish Wolfhounds are affectionate companions. Their main problems are that they ten to live only very young. Most don't make it to 8 or 9 years old. sad

They're amazing dogs.

Swanky-Tuna
I think a lot has to do with the animal's inbred fear. I've seen pictures of the aftermath of a cougar attack on a horse (I think it was a horse). That cougar wasn't too pretty, or alive, after that.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Where I grew up there were illegal pitbull fights, and I can surely say A TRAINED one would be quite a match for a wolf, a couple highly trained ones can take a bear.

If the wolf is NOT trained, than the pit bull can definitely win.

And Spider Man can beat Galactus

wolverine8888
cougar are very over estimated. they are not very tough or strong.

ZephroCarnelian
I have two horses. They pack a huge err, punch, when they kick.

smile

Even Lions have to be careful hunting Zebras (a small horse) that they don't get kicked. It breaks ribs like matchsticks.

wolverine8888
actauly there are these dog's in india that run in packs of 50 or more that are so very deadly that they could kill a bear. thye may lose a few but they would win. also these dogs are extremely small.

ZephroCarnelian
A pack of fifty chihuahas could kill a bear lol.

Come on - fifty? That's a massive number! big grin

Only kidding mate. wink

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by wolverine8888
cougar are very over estimated. they are not very tough or strong.
I've taken several cougars out by myself, while naked, but killing one is pretty good for a horse.

wolverine8888
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
A pack of fifty chihuahas could kill a bear lol.

Come on - fifty? That's a massive number! big grin

Only kidding mate. wink

u be surpized they barly lose any of there pack when taking out very large prey

Darth_Erebus

A Hyena is not a canine. There are two forms of carnivores in taxonomy. Caniforms (Bears, wolves, weasels) and Feliforms (cats, hyenas). Hyenas are more closely related to cats than dogs.

wolverine8888
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I've taken several cougars out by myself, while naked, but killing one is pretty good for a horse.

not realy a horse would beat cougar almost every time. wolfs a far superior to cougars

soleran30
Cougars would SMEAR a wolf! You do know North American Cougars get up to 200lbs ! Hell a cougar could smack my 135lb German Shepard around like it's the cougar's *****!

wolverine8888
u honestly don't know about animals. hell i read many things on both. even in animal face off which had the cougar win it said that wolf was faster and strnger a long with a better bite and better fighting skill. the only reaosn the cougar won was because for some stupid ass reason the wolf fell off the edge lol

DarkCrawler

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian

Even Lions have to be careful hunting Zebras (a small horse) that they don't get kicked. It breaks ribs like matchsticks.

Zebras are the animals that cause most injuries to zoo workers. laughing out loud

What about ostriches? I saw a film where one kicked an lion's stomach open and killed it.

wolverine8888
ya there pirtty crazy

DarkCrawler
So they are pretty fast.

They should make a superhero who was attacked by a radioactive ostrich.

Superhuman kicking ability!

Superhuman senses!

Superhuman running ability!

Able to hide his whole body by hiding his head, making him...

MASTER OF DISGUISE!

soleran30

wolverine8888
lol u relay dont know a lot about wolfs do u. also im gunna side with discover channle

wolverine8888
do u think a cougar could take a siberian tiger? cuz that what I was planning to study in school was tigers so i wanna hear what u think.

DarkCrawler
Tiger is basically...

Faster, stronger and tougher cougar.

How could a cougar win?

wolverine8888
Tiger is basically...

Faster, stronger and tougher cougar.

How could a cougar win?

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I wanted to hear him try to say a cougar wins lol

Gandhi_of_KMC

wolverine8888
why does that matter if it jaws lock? a wolf far bigger then a pit bull it not like it needs it jaws to lock to hold on

Gandhi_of_KMC
why does that matter if it jaws lock? a wolf far bigger then a pit bull it not like it needs it jaws to lock to hold on

Irish Wolf hounds were bred to hunt wolves smile they are bigger than Pit bulls but lose to them in a confontation smile They also have a much weaker bite than the wolf but are big. The think about the wolves jaw bones is this, the attacked can escape the bite - with a pitbull this is not the case.

Wynndar
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
A Hyena is not a canine. There are two forms of carnivores in taxonomy. Caniforms (Bears, wolves, weasels) and Feliforms (cats, hyenas). Hyenas are more closely related to cats than dogs.

I corrected myself earlier...I assumed the Hyaenidae family was a caniform...I was wrong its more...closely related to the viverrids and herpestids

Tha C-Master
Its nice to have a good, productive discussion on here after all.

soleran30
do u think a cougar could take a siberian tiger? cuz that what I was planning to study in school was tigers so i wanna hear what u think.

What is this rubbish? Anyway tiger>cougar>wolf........anyway

wolverine8888
good but still doughting a cougar could beat a wolf seeing how the worlds top big cat specialist said that a wolf would beat a cougar thou I can't remeber what type of wolf it was though. I honestly said that because I thought u would say a cougar would win lol and I wanted a good laugh. any ways can any one think of a good fight for a siberain tiger?

long pig
----------It's official-----------------

A Wolf will most likely beat a pit bull.

embarrasment I know, but Animal Face Off owns SO hard....I can't resist an animal fight. Maybe we can use this one thread for animal fights??? embarrasment

---------------------------Fight Two----------------------------

A HYENA vs (The largest) WOLF. Pit Fight.

I don't think a Wolf can beat a Hyena, their jaw muscles are insanely strong and they are more durable.

JediMasterLuke5
Pit bulls were breed fighting bulls and bears. Pit bulls easily take this one. Pit Bulls have killed Bears.

wolverine8888
lol most not of been a big ****en bear im telling u this no one pit bull coudl even give a grizzly bear a fight. even 10 would probly lose

wolverine8888
hyenas have the strongest bite of any land animal. if they got a wolf it be over.

Mindship
We've all heard/read stories of pit bulls biting someone or someone's dog and not letting go no matter what--even if the person was hitting the pit with a pipe on the head. Only shooting them makes them let go...and something else.

Not too long ago, a man made a pit bull let go of his dog by biting the pit bull!

Now imagine what a wolf could do.

JediMasterLuke5
hyenas have the strongest bite of any land animal. if they got a wolf it be over.
Your freakin kidding me, lol very funny. A hyena bite is like 250 pounds of pressure, a lion's bite is 1000 pounds of pressure, and a Grizzly's bite is 1800 pounds of pressure. A Hyena bite is no where near the strongest

wolverine8888
actauly u should read it for it size I ment it has the most powerful bite. if it was the size of a lion it bite would be about 3 times as strong. also i hyenas bite is far stronger then 250. also do u think a lion could beat a siberain tiger? do u think a lion in any ways can even match a siberain tiger?

jgiant
It depends on what kinda training this pit has had and what kinda personality he has, and all pits and wolves are different, i would give the majority of the wins to the wolf but only probably 6/10 or 7/10...

wolverine8888
a alpha male wolf of the biggest type will win 10 out of 10 no matter what kind of traing the pit has.

Scoobless
a wolf is like the Captain America of dogs... almost a "super-dog" pitbulls are tough, but a wolf is tougher

wolverine8888
Originally posted by Scoobless
a wolf is like the Captain America of dogs... almost a "super-dog" pitbulls are tough, but a wolf is tougher
actauly thats a perfect example.

pitbull fight dirty there like the punisher
wolfs are like captain america.
captain america> punisher

Gandhi_of_KMC
Originally posted by Scoobless

You base this on what.................?

Irish and Russian "Wolf" hounds were bred to do what?

smile

wolverine8888
ya what type of wolfs did they hunt? probly the smallest type

Gandhi_of_KMC
ya what type of wolfs did they hunt? probly the smallest type

Russian Wolves are big - Irish wolfhounds are 7 feet on there hindlegs

K Von Doom
Just coz something was bred to fight something doesn't make it effective... like the Destroyer armor was created to beat the Celestials... lol

wolverine8888
that a big ****en dog

wolverine8888
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Just coz something was bred to fight something doesn't make it effective... like the Destroyer armor was created to beat the Celestials... lol

good piont

long pig
I don't think insticts are as powerful as human training.

Humans have taken over the world because of that.

wolverine8888
true

wolverine8888
but thats us not other animals

long pig
We made pit bulls and fighting dogs. They will have the tactical advantage because of that.

wolverine8888
pit bulls are so very stupid. have u ever watched them fight they are just crazy not skilled. they relay would not last very long vs a wolf

long pig
Pit Bulls aren't stupid. Trained pit bulls fight with skill, the ordinary pit just fights with instinct.

It might even come down to which can last longer, and which WILL last longer.

Wolves are naturally wired to fight until they get their point across, never fight to the death. Naturally, a wolf will give up as soon as it thinks itself in danger of dying.

A pitbull knows nothing but fighting, and will die if it has to. It was wired by humans to fight to the death, and it's natural for a pit to keep going with everything they have until something dies.

Seriously, though, Wolves mostly fight for show, normally never really hurt the other wolf, they only want to show dominance. Rarely kill each other and rarely draw blood.

When a wolf DOES kill another wolf, it's normally a sick wolf and the whole pack fights.

wolverine8888
no alpha males will fight to the death. also pit bulls are one of the stupidest of all dogs. rotwilers are afar bigger stronger better fighters and smarter and they still arnt that bright. the only reasons pitbulls were used in fights was for the simple fact that they put on good shows. they just tear eachother to part.

K Von Doom
Seriously, though, Wolves mostly fight for show, normally never really hurt the other wolf, they only want to show dominance. Rarely kill each other and rarely draw blood.

That's probably because, if the stronger alpha wolves killed each other, the pack suffers.

long pig
Originally posted by K Von Doom
That's probably because, if the stronger alpha wolves killed each other, the pack suffers.
Or maybe because if a wolf fights to the death, they have a chance of dying themselves.

Nature's biggest influence is on staying alive, Pit Bulls aren't driven by nature, they will die if needed. Wolves will run if they think they will be killed.

wolverine8888
how about a wolverine vs a pitbull? ok I know it not realy a fair fight a wolverine would destroy it but it might look funny

long pig
I'm not going to lie, a Wolverine is insanely nasty.

I'd give it to the Wolverine. I've seen on T.V a wolverine taking on four or five Wolves and stealing their prey.

wolverine8888
ya they are ****en crazy. I saw a video of one killing a bear it was ****en insane.

KharmaDog
ya they are ****en crazy. I saw a video of one killing a bear it was ****en insane.

A wolverine killing a bear? I have to call bullsh*t on that one, unless you can link us to the video.

I have heard a few misconceptions (that I am aware of) first is that Irish wolfhounds have to hunt in packs to kill wolves. Not true. A single Wolfhound can take down a single wolf.

Second, that a pitbull can take a wolfhound in a fight. That's a tricky one for this reason, put a wolfhound in a pit and it will be disoriented and and probably frightened more of the environment than a pitbull, but that might affect the outcome. Have a pit bull attack a wolfhound or the wolfhound's owner in an everyday situation and I give to the wolfhound at least 8/10 times if not more.

I did not have a digi cam when I had my wolfhound, so I'll try to post a few pics from the web so you get an idea of their size and power.

KharmaDog
here's another

KharmaDog
and finally a big male

wolverine8888
Originally posted by KharmaDog
A wolverine killing a bear? I have to call bullsh*t on that one, unless you can link us to the video.

I have heard a few misconceptions (that I am aware of) first is that Irish wolfhounds have to hunt in packs to kill wolves. Not true. A single Wolfhound can take down a single wolf.

Second, that a pitbull can take a wolfhound in a fight. That's a tricky one for this reason, put a wolfhound in a pit and it will be disoriented and and probably frightened more of the environment than a pitbull, but that might affect the outcome. Have a pit bull attack a wolfhound or the wolfhound's owner in an everyday situation and I give to the wolfhound at least 8/10 times if not more.

I did not have a digi cam when I had my wolfhound, so I'll try to post a few pics from the web so you get an idea of their size and power.
I afraid I do not have the video but I have articles that say that wolverines if hungry will hunt and kill small bears.

DigiMark007
How did this get to 6 pages? LOL. Closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.