On the actual DVD player menu what does the name of the movie display??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthmaul1
I put in my EPIII DVD and on the acutal DVD player menu the name of the movie appears.

But mine says Charollete disc 1 and Charollete disc 2
The movie and the features are still fine.

Did anyone else get this?

aj_vader
sorry dude, wish i knew wot u were talkin about messed

oh well, atleast you can still watch it smile

Adamwankenobi
Yes, I got the same thing, VERY STRANGE. I've heard other reports of this. For some reason, the DVD people simply named the discs "CHARLOTTE_D1 AND D2," rather than something relating to the name of the film.

Stun
Originally posted by darthmaul1
I put in my EPIII DVD and on the acutal DVD player menu the name of the movie appears.

But mine says Charollete disc 1 and Charollete disc 2
The movie and the features are still fine.

Did anyone else get this?

laughing out loud are you sure you didnt pick up the wrong movie?

Stun
Originally posted by Adamwankenobi
Yes, I got the same thing, VERY STRANGE. I've heard other reports of this. For some reason, the DVD people simply named the discs "CHARLOTTE_D1 AND D2," rather than something relating to the name of the film.

ok, thats just....confused........................................................................................but,.....WHY?

queeq
The Mysteries of George...

Da preacher
Holy mother of God!

queeq
Why?

Da preacher
Just kidding.

darthmaul1
the movie and the features are fine
maybe it has something to do with the security before the labels were placed on the disc?

Adamwankenobi
No clue...homer

garn
Mine says STAR_WARS_3.

It's a single-disc edition.

JKozzy
Single disc being... not legal?

Da preacher
What's with the obsession with illegal DVD's?

Adamwankenobi
Originally posted by JKozzy
Single disc being... not legal?

I will make it le-

Oh, OK, I think that's what the UK got, two separate discs that make up the set.

JKozzy
Two seperate packages? Weird... I don't get it. Can anyone confirm that? messed

Sounds more like the guy just got it booted.

SpyCspider
same here.

I rent mine from a DVD Rental KIOSK at our HEB Supermarket. When I put it in my computer, the drive comes up E: \ Charlotte1

or something.

JKozzy
Screenshots please?

b-dan
thats weird man im wating for xmas to get it ive seen the movie tomany times

Ast
My DVD player says "hello". no expression

JKozzy
Originally posted by Ast
My DVD player says "hello". no expression thumb up

bobcrickett
This might have been a thing to prevent fanboys from stealing them, maybe, by calling it Charlotte instead of Star Wars?

George did the same thing with Return of the Jedi, calling it Blue Harvest to throw off fanboys who tried to get on set.

chinabing
You can't get a screenshot of the dvd player!

The New History
Originally posted by chinabing
You can't get a screenshot of the dvd player! I think Kozzy was talking to SpyCspider.

JKozzy
Indeed I was. Not sure what else it could've meant... Ast's post was after mine messed

chinabing
messed up is right, sry.

gmail
It's named "Charlotte" on purpose.
From StarWars.com:
"Some attentive fans who boot up the new Revenge of the Sith DVD on their computer might find a strange name attached to the DVD icon appearing on their desktop: CHARLOTTE..."
Full article:
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/video/news20051102.html

JKozzy
Nice find, there!

SpyCspider
yup yup

cool

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by gmail
It's named "Charlotte" on purpose.
From StarWars.com:
"Some attentive fans who boot up the new Revenge of the Sith DVD on their computer might find a strange name attached to the DVD icon appearing on their desktop: CHARLOTTE..."
Full article:
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/video/news20051102.html
Thank God... I was afraid it was reference to Lucas's kid's favourite band 'Good Charlotte' *cringe*

DarkYoda
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Thank God... I was afraid it was reference to Lucas's kid's favourite band 'Good Charlotte' *cringe*

Yep... that was also my fear.

darthmaul1
cool that clears things up, i'll have to go out and buy another one and keep it in the wrapper, cause in another 50 years it will be worth 30 bucks. laughing

chinabing
Ok, so is there some kind of connection between the film "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" and "Revenge of the Sith"? Some intertwining thread? It never said why HHSC! Anybody seen it?

darthmaul1
Originally posted by chinabing
Ok, so is there some kind of connection between the film "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" and "Revenge of the Sith"? Some intertwining thread? It never said why HHSC! Anybody seen it?

It did say why

Though "Charlotte" may seem to be a random name assigned to protect the Episode III project, Ling explains that it and the names used on previous Star Wars DVD projects were carefully selected to meet a certain set of criteria. "Firstly, they each had to be a single-word female name, just to keep it pleasant and short; secondly, it had to relate to a film that was owned or distributed by Twentieth Century Fox, so there was that additional layer of subterfuge that gave it a plausible link between the name and some other Fox-owned title; and thirdly, the film title being used as a decoy was ideally one for which that film's DVD was actually in production and slated to be released around the same time as its Star Wars counterpart."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.