The enemy of the state stabbing real or rubbish...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tony Stark
We've all either seen it or heard about it.

In Wolverine's own book

:Enemy of the state storyline

Wolverine stabs The THING in the shoulder and The THING falls down in a heap of rubble and is for the most part is down for the count.

I think that it is now time for the experts to put forth they're opinions on whether or not they think that it should have or would have gone down like that...

The question is would one stab in the shoulder by Wolverine take down The THING as it was portrayed to have happened in Enemy of the state?

wolverine8888
would u rather he stabbed him in the face like the time he got angery in one of there fights?

DarkCrawler
Didn't he scratch Thing?

No stabbing involved there.

Enemy of the State is rubbish. One of the biggest pile of rubbish I have seen. It ignores all the past feats of other characters to make Wolverine look like a god.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by wolverine8888
would u rather he stabbed him in the face like the time he got angery in one of there fights?

That was a slash to the face when Ben wasn't ready for nor expecting it from Wolverine it was a cheap shot and everyone knows that even Wolverine has said so.

But that didn't answer the question here.

If Ben wanted to he would just rip Wolverines head from his shoulders and call it a day.

But thats not the question here either.

wolverine8888
actauly he could nto ripp wolverines hea doff. second it was not a scratch. they were fighting wolverien slipped in to a beserker rage for a sec stabb thing clear in the side of the face then calmed down.

Khellendros
Yes, he did puncture Thing's hide and stab him in the shoulder. But, all that did was piss Ben WAY the hell off. He chased Wolvie and was tossing his hairy Canadian ass around like a rag doll.

Tony Stark
actauly he could nto ripp wolverines hea doff. second it was not a scratch. they were fighting wolverien slipped in to a beserker rage for a sec stabb thing clear in the side of the face then calmed down.

#1 Wolverines bones are LACED and are not fused together that means that there are spaces in between his vertabre just like yours and mine and can be pulled apart, hence Ben could most definately pull his head right off his shoulders.

#2 I think that you need to go and re-read the comic when ben got slashed they weren't fighting each other when it happened if my memory is correct Wolvierine was slashing against Sue's field Ben put his hand on Wolverines shoulder to pull him back and without looking wolverine turned around and in a baserker rage slashed Ben in the face.

#3 After the slash (not a stab) Wolverine surely did calm down because he knew he was an idiot and that the shit was going hit the fan.

Cosmic Cube
On paper, Thing beats Wolvie.

Yeah I know... "but Wolverine fights the Hulk all the time!"

The fact that Hulk hasn't ever grabbed Wolvie and crumpled him up like a piece of paper shows that ALL (that's right, ALL) of their fights have been full of PIS.

Anyway, Thing is made of rock, inside and out. Stabbing him would be no peice of cake.

wolverine8888
actauly they are fuzed to gather. me and cres have had this argument with people countless times. when every u see wolveriens bones they are linked to gather. when casandra nova took all the muscle and blood and flesh from his arm it was still togather. when he punched throu havok blast his arm was still held to gather even thou there was only bone. when in the future past when they shwoed his body it was still togather. when silver sameri tryed to cut off wolverines head he could not because the vertabras are held to gather.

wolverine8888
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
On paper, Thing beats Wolvie.

Yeah I know... "but Wolverine fights the Hulk all the time!"

The fact that Hulk hasn't ever grabbed Wolvie and crumpled him up like a piece of paper shows that ALL (that's right, ALL) of their fights have been full of PIS.

Anyway, Thing is made of rock, inside and out. Stabbing him would be no peice of cake.

strength thing
running speed thing
durability thing
quickness wolverine
agility wolverrine
reflex wolverine
fighting skill wolverine
healign factor wolverine.

so much for ur bloody paper

olympian
If we go by what it should be then Wolvie wouldnt be able to.

People keep forgetting its not only the claws that he needs to be able to do that. Its strenght backing it up.

Wich he doesnt have.

wolverine8888
wolverines claws go through solid steel like buter. they are as sharp as any sword every made.
also again wolverine has superhuman strength.

grey fox
............here we go again

Khellendros
Did anyone actually read my post? People, I read the issue in question. He did indeed stab Thing, but it didn't put Ben down for the count, it just pissed him off. And the Thing is NOT rock all the way through, only his hide is stony.

K3VIL
Originally posted by Khellendros
Did anyone actually read my post? People, I read the issue in question. He did indeed stab Thing, but it didn't put Ben down for the count, it just pissed him off. And the Thing is NOT rock all the way through, only his hide is stony.
Thing is made of an organic rock which protect his external, then there's a dense mass of skin and flesh, and then his internal organs and bones which are denser than those of any common man.
Wolverine is Class 800 lbs of Strenght, he can slice Benji, but seriously injure him?No.
Benji's durability is what grants him to show his own with Class 100 strenght guy, tough it wasn't useful against Juggernaut, Logan would have been dead after the assault Juggy used on Ben in Secret Wars.
Plus Thing has average reflexes and has hit Spider-Man before, he's gonna smack down the canadian rant REAL BAD.

Khellendros
Originally posted by K3VIL
Thing is made of an organic rock which protect his external, then there's a dense mass of skin and flesh, and then his internal organs and bones which are denser than those of any common man.
Wolverine is Class 800 lbs of Strenght, he can slice Benji, but seriously injure him?No.
Benji's durability is what grants him to show his own with Class 100 strenght guy, tough it wasn't useful against Juggernaut, Logan would have been dead after the assault Juggy used on Ben in Secret Wars.
Plus Thing has average reflexes and has hit Spider-Man before, he's gonna smack down the canadian rant REAL BAD.
I pretty much agree. Wolvie might caust Thing some pain, but no way does he kill the Thing unless he pops a claw into one of his eyes, and Thing is fast enough to keep that from happening.

The Ion
strength thing
running speed thing
durability thing
quickness wolverine
agility wolverrine
reflex wolverine
fighting skill wolverine
healign factor wolverine.

so much for ur bloody paper
laughing

Wynndar
-Thing has better than normal reflexes and speed. This was mentioned in MArvel 4 last month. He has also chased down the Rhino who can run at 150mph.

-Hell no Wolverine didnt put him down for the count. He was up in the next panel...he couldnt fight Wolverine anymroe because the Torch put him in the burn unit.

-Thing's entire physiology was changed by the cosmic rays. He has a rock like appearance on the outside but beyond appearance it has nothing to do with rock. His organs and all the tissues of his body are proportionately strengthened and toughened. Wolverine may pierce his skin but would have no chance of damaging his bones...even when wolvie slashes his face in F4 374, his most brutal attack only cut Thing's skin, it didnt cause damage to his bone. Defalco depicted the Thing's blood kinda like cement that "oozed out" but the wound didnt really bleed.

Wynndar
By the way...enemy of the state was still rubbish...Thing was beaten within an inch of life by an elder of the universe with the fate of the Earth on the line and never layed down. No way one prick by Wolvie is going to send him home to his aunt Petunia.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Wynndar
By the way...enemy of the state was still rubbish...Thing was beaten within an inch of life by an elder of the universe with the fate of the Earth on the line and never layed down. No way one prick by Wolvie is going to send him home to his aunt Petunia.
Dude. My post. He didn't lay down. He got REALLY pissed off and was beating on Wolvie.

EDIT: Nevermind, read the post above that. My bad.

Wynndar
I wasnt arguing with u...just confirming ur post.

The problem is, Thing pessimist are always spreading propaganda, and when people dont read the comics or just see a scan of one panel they believe them. Like when they say Juggernaut kocked out the Thing or Wolverine took him down for the count....its just BS...but when five or six of them say it other people assume its true.

snoopdogg
Juggernaut did knock out the Thing though.

In two hits if I remember right. Things confidece was boosted too when he fought Juggernaut and still got his @ss served.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Juggernaut did knock out the Thing though.

In two hits if I remember right. Things confidece was boosted too when he fought Juggernaut and still got his @ss served.

If you consider someone being "knocked out" but they are still concious and they are able to grab someones leg who is "ustoppable" and still stop them while being "knocked out".

Then yes The THING was "knocked out"...

X-Logan

Metalmanx
Rubbish. Mad rubbish.

Thing would, could, and should throw Wolverine into space.

DarkCrawler
Or just hit him and knock him in Alabama...

It's strange, how Wolverine-fans think that Wolverine can defy gravity...

Namor can get a 50 ton tank eleven miles in the air.

It took thirty pages to explain that he could do the same with Wolverine.

Wynndar
HAHAHAHA...Namor could literally toss Wolverine into space...show Colossus how to throw a real fast ball!

steverules
I found it stupid that gorgun sticks a sword in wolverine and that kill's him, and then he fights a load of other characters and is more likely to be killed from them and the fights he had with them rather than dying from a sword, and then they say he can survive an f***in nuke in venom run.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Wynndar
HAHAHAHA...Namor could literally toss Wolverine into space...show Colossus how to throw a real fast ball!

"Here, let me show you."

"AAAAAAAHHH!"

Wynndar
Venom on the run wasnt in conitnuity

Draco69
And it wasn't a nuke. It was napalm.

Wynndar
foreal? Thats good to hear

Draco69
Friggin Wolverine fanboys. Read napalm....crossed out the word with a crayon and put "nuke"....spread the lies across boards.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Draco69
Friggin Wolverine fanboys. Read napalm....crossed out the word with a crayon and put "nuke"....spread the lies across boards.

laughing

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Tony Stark
If you consider someone being "knocked out" but they are still concious and they are able to grab someones leg who is "ustoppable" and still stop them while being "knocked out".

Then yes The THING was "knocked out"... Thing is just lucky Juggy left when he did.

It could have been much worse.

Creshosk
If Ben wanted to he would just rip Wolverines head from his shoulders and call it a day. Can he break adamantium?

Creshosk
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Or just hit him and knock him in Alabama...

It's strange, how Wolverine-fans think that Wolverine can defy gravity...

Namor can get a 50 ton tank eleven miles in the air.

It took thirty pages to explain that he could do the same with Wolverine. Wolverine can defy gravity. . . well technically no, as he simply has a powerful enough force *coughbricksthatdefythelawsofphysicsthemselvescoug
h* to reach escape velocity. . .

wolverine8888

u realy have no idea what naplam looks like do u? ur just talken out of
ur ass. have u ever read venom on the run?. (venom run 3) and I quote "Frankie and Vic have nuked the small town of voici". nalpam is a acid type substance that sticks to u. the only way to get it off is to ripp off the skinn it on. napalm also is not a bomb at all it dropped to spread oevr a large area. it looks nuthing like a nuke what so ever. next time u state it napalm please know what napalm is first.

wolverine8888
this is what napalm looks like

wolverine8888
ths is a picture of some one hit with it. also added not it would only kill some thing that it hits not every thing for miles arpund.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Thing is just lucky Juggy left when he did.

It could have been much worse.

Ya and Galactus doesn't want anything to do with Dazzler either...

Decay
is it just me or does wolverine8888 make just about every wolverine thread unreadable. he always comes in and says "actually..." and tells us some stupid thing that would indicate that wolverine would beat any comic character up to and including thanos. i think wolverine should be able to cut the thing, but not without alot of effort. his claws might be unbreakable, but if you have an unbreakable knife and your trying to cut through a brick its still going to take effort. even if its as sharp as you can possibly make it. the thing would break before the claws, but that doesnt mean wolverine has the strength to break either.

xmarksthespot
Ya and Galactus doesn't want anything to do with Dazzler either... You're comparing Thing being beaten by Classic Juggernaut to Galactus and Dazzler...? Are you saying Classic Juggernaut shouldn't reasonably beat Thing?

steverules
I like enemy of the state but I think some of it would never happen and could never happen. If wolverine had never fallen on that sword do u think daredevil still would have won?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
You're comparing Thing being beaten by Classic Juggernaut to Galactus and Dazzler...? Are you saying Classic Juggernaut shouldn't reasonably beat Thing?

I truly think that Classic Juggs vs Classic THING actually fighting both being fresh would have been a lot of fun. With Classic Juggs winning 8/10 but far from an easy victory for him, similar to The HULKs victories over Ben back then also i'm assuming.

But it's ridiculous when people use that SW story and count it as a regular fight between them. Because it surely wasn't The THING did just get done beating up 99 other villians him being enhanced or not it would have taken a toll on him.

And i'm sure his bravado was very high thinking that he was still on the juice when Juggs was up. And was probably in some sort of shock when just as he was about to fight him his enhancement was taken away. I'm sure he was like WTF...then Juggs hit him and he was kind of stunned.

But that exchange was far from being an actual fight between them although Ben did fufill his objective by not letting anyone of the 100 villains get to the prize.

Now Classic Juggs VS. Ultimate THING i think that the tables would be turned to Ben's favor. Maybe Reed will go time machining and they will run into each other... AAAAHHHH. One could only hope.

And i was kind of comparing that SW so called fight with the Galactus dazzler incounter it would have never happened like that. IMO.

DarkCrawler
?

Classic Juggs would beat Thing (Ultimate or not) 10/10. He is imprevious to physical damage, what can Thing do?

Wynndar
Apparently ultimate Thing is also invulnerbale...Thor was hiding from an assualt of alien blasters behind Thing as Thing pointed out that nothing has hurt his skin yet. Oh and by the way, Juggernaut has only demonstrated invulnerability in about half of his appearances. I dont consider it PIS if he's hurt or stopped every other time he appears.

HAHAHAHA

scotsmn
Back to the topic... no the thing shouldn't go down from a shoulder wound.

I don't understand why some of you think he shouldn't be able to puncture/slash thing's hide though. He cuts through steel doors, geesh.

And about him having enough strength to cut thing.. uhh. If you push a butter knife against your belly with light force it's not going to cut you. If you want it to cut you, you have two options. Push HARDER or SHARPEN the knife. The sharper something is, the less force you need for penetration. We all know his claws are just a wee bit sharper than a butter knife.

Smaxxer
Originally posted by scotsmn
I don't understand why some of you think he shouldn't be able to puncture/slash thing's hide though. He cuts through steel doors, geesh.

True. He has also cut the Hulk on plenty occasions. And, like you said, he goes through steel doors like a hot knife through butter.

Stabbing/hurting Thing : not the most difficult task ever for Wolverine.

Tha C-Master
Wolverine wasn't really supposed to be able to cut the hulk, and he cant cut colossus either...

Its a density thing...

scotsmn
Isn't Colossus as dense as steel? Wolverine doesn't have a problem cutting through steel.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by scotsmn
Isn't Colossus as dense as steel? Wolverine doesn't have a problem cutting through steel.

Colossus is more than just steel, man. It's far more dense and compacted than normal steel. Pretty much what makes him as invulnerable as he is.

long pig
Good to see you're now giving Jug 8/10 rather than 4/10.roll eyes (sarcastic)

But still, ol' pally, how exactly does Thing win those two out of ten?

snoopdogg

willRules
Originally posted by Decay
his claws might be unbreakable, but if you have an unbreakable knife and your trying to cut through a brick its still going to take effort. even if its as sharp as you can possibly make it.

THANK YOU. It took me like 60 pages to explain that wolverine couldn't cut through spidey's web in the Wolverine vs spidey thread because spidey's web has been known to hold and trap 50 ton characters. Despite his sharp claws Logan who can't even benchpress a ton in strength would find it almost impossible to get through......and thats why marvel Knights spidey 13 is full of Logan's P.I.S

Creshosk
Originally posted by willRules
THANK YOU. It took me like 60 pages to explain that wolverine couldn't cut through spidey's web in the Wolverine vs spidey thread because spidey's web has been known to hold and trap 50 ton characters. Despite his sharp claws Logan who can't even benchpress a ton in strength would find it almost impossible to get through......and thats why marvel Knights spidey 13 is full of Logan's P.I.S %0 ton characters? Like who Thing? Wasn'rt that a leverage thing with him being stuck in a door?

but again this is also still an application of force. What cuts better a hammer or an axe?

Or are we selectively applying physics again?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by long pig
Good to see you're now giving Jug 8/10 rather than 4/10.roll eyes (sarcastic)

But still, ol' pally, how exactly does Thing win those two out of ten?

Thats so cute of you...

Never have i said 4/10 wins for classic Juggs against classic THING.

Yet you continue to bring that nonstatement up.

You cute lil' Long-pig you...

Please don't say that i said things when i most definately did not say them.

Thank you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.