Tekken vs DoA vs Soul Calibur vs Virtua Fighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
I like Soul Calibur the most followed by DoA... simply because I believe the game play is the best.

I realise there is are many more beat 'em up titles... but these seem to fit into a similar category.

Deus Ex
If we're comparing what we like I'd have to say DOA tops it, with SC second and Virtua fighter/Tekken can both get ****ed.

SaTsuJiN
soul calibur, it can actually "move" via 8-way run.. other fighters are much to slow, or try to make up for crappy gameplay with good graphics... soul calibur has both without even trying

Avalonofthewind
Soul Calibur takes this easy.
It has the most interesting characters.
Great gameplay and graphics.
It can be a button mashers dream, or an extremely deep game...
Not too many fighters can really claim that.

brainchild81
Same. Namco's character designs are the best in the biz. DOA's the most fun to watch thoughsmile

Tru_Slice
I had the most fun in Tekken...

Illustrious
My list:
SC
DoA
Tekken
VF

julio51
Tekken

Soulcalibur DOA

Virtual Fighter

nwo
VF all the way

Csdabest
Im broken between DOA and SC

Cale_Daziel
Torn between DOA and SC... but my heart is with DOA, so that's what I went with.

Mr Dude
It used to be Tekken, but the way things are going, i kind of hate them all equally now.

All would be pretty awesome if they fixed the stupidly long "juggling" and wrong "hitboxes" that seem the norm in fighting games these days.

Tekken Tag was great. From youtube i get the impression Virtua Fighter 3 was awesome too. VF5, DOA and Tekken 6 look pretty crappy in comparison. Sure they have more polygons and advanced shading techniques and REAL WATER PHYSICS!!!, but the basic gameplay mechanics are screwed up. It would take next to no work to fix these games, but they don't. MOST IRRITATING.

Character wise Tekken is most awesome. Kind of going downhill of late tho.

First_Tsurugi06
SC > Virtua Fighter > Tekken >>>>> DoA.

judgement hand
SOUL CALIBUR!!!!

Akuma Killer
Virtua fighter, then SC

Caladbolg
In a war, Soul Calibur, then Tekken, then DOA, then Virtua Fighter.

Coincidentally my likes are in that order as well.

Originally posted by brainchild81
Same. Namco's character designs are the best in the biz. DOA's the most fun to watch thoughsmile Pretty much agreed.

Lana
Why do people bump ancient threads?

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.