What would Han have thought of Anakin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amity75
I'm expecting a barrage of "Dumb thread blah blah blah" remarks but it was just something that crossed my mind today while watching ROTS.

bobcrickett
Han would have disliked him, IMO.

JKozzy
I don't think that's dumb, I think that's actually pretty unique. Han probably would've thought he was too risky, even by his own standards.

amity75
Originally posted by JKozzy
I don't think that's dumb, I think that's actually pretty unique. Han probably would've thought he was too risky, even by his own standards. Yeah that's true, I think he'd have admired his confidence and "cockiness" though.

spencerspider
I think he might have actually liked him, the one in 3 before he turns bad not in 2 though. In 2 he was a spoiled little brat, but in 3 he was awesome.

Captain REX
Yeah, he might have liked the Episode 3 Anakin, but Episode 2? Han would smack him for whining.

Jedi Priestess
w00t!!!! Someone made a good thread! WTG Amity Happy Dance

And I agree with spencer.......he'd have probably like EP3 Anakin.

jollyjim311
Knowing Han, he would have bet on him in Ep. I because he took the longshot for some money and liked Annie for winning the podrace. Think about it.

chinabing
I thought they were going to meet in Ep III in some version of the script before it was written out... like a 10 year old Han bumping into Anakin on the street.

Maybe it would have stopped Vader from zapping him in Ep 5! "Hey, I know you!"

spencerspider
lol yea or maybe Han tried to pickpocket Anakin in ep 3 so the pain was much worse in ep 5 lol. but yea he prob wouuld have liked eps 1 and 3 anakin.

Boris
They'd be the bestest of friends.

spencerspider
not if he pickpocketed Anakin

amity75
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
w00t!!!! Someone made a good thread! WTG Amity Happy Dance Sitting at work bored to death and THIS has made my day!

Eleonora
This is actually an interesting question, well done.
I think at first Han, noticing that boosting confidence, would have loved him but since we all know Han is not just a cocky fellow, I don't think he would have approved of his crying over himself and especially his unstoppable ambition. Han is probably one of the least ambitious characters in the whole series. However, if Anakin had not been parted from his daughter and had watched her fall in love with Han he would have certainly approved of him and they would have liked each other very much.

DarkYoda
It is just as interesting to ask which Han we are talking about? The smuggler/scoundrel/wiseguy in it just for the money? Or the Han that fell for Leia and ultimately helped the rebellion defeat the evil Empire?

darthvader_fan
Originally posted by Boris
They'd be the bestest of friends. until annie turned to the dark side then he would think he is a queer

spencerspider
If Anakin knew Han and they were friends, we have a whole different story lol

Sir J
he would of probably of tried to steal and **** padme

chinabing
I like the idea of a pickpocket Han... like the boys in Oliver Twist. But pickpocketing a Jedi would not be a wise move.

I do have the ages right I think... If Han was in his 30s in ANH, he'd be about 10 in ROTS.

That's what the TV series should be about "Young Han Solo"!

spencerspider
lol yea pickpocketing is so funny. especially if he tried Anakin he would die in like 3 secs

exanda kane
Hello! anyone see maybe anything in common between them! FLying...
Anakin would have bet on (if Jedi bet messed) Han if Han was a little pod-racer dude blah blah...

spencerspider
lol i guess..

palpy_666
If Han met Anakin? Han would've shot first, in my opinion.

spencerspider
shot first? why?

palpy_666
Originally posted by spencerspider
shot first? why?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Must I explain everything to you noobs? Guess so. See, there's this common debate thing amongst seasoned SW fans about Greedo and Han... and who shot first (in Episode IV). See where I'm going?

big grin

amity75
I guess maybe Han would have had the same opinion of Anakin as he did of Luke.

overlord
Although Anakin looked like a bigger pussy in episode II, he stills looks like a baby and Han would have smacked him and have fallen in love with Leia's mother and abduct her to some random planet and she would have been lost forever.

And to think of it, even the sketch to how Vader looked before being getting maimed was cooler than the Anakin we know now. And to f*cking think of it again, what the hell was Lucas thinking to throw Hayden in ROTJ too?? What next? Vader removing his mask and revealing to have a young Hayden baby face?

spencerspider
palpy im no noob, so i dont know where you got that from... and thats a simple answer greedo did i think. i need to watch that again maybe Han did but that really isn't that big of a question

Boris
In the original version, Han shot first. Lucas changed it for some stupid ass reason.

spencerspider
o didnt know i havent watched it in many years

chinabing
Say if Han met Anakin in real time in Ep III, Han probably would not have looked up to Anakin. Han would have been 10+, and Anakin, 23, so there could have been some Jedi hero-worship. But I imagine Han was a bit of a smart-aleck kid.

But then again Han said the "Hokey religions & ancient weapons" line. Han probably forged that opinion after the Jedi Slaughter.

overlord
Lucas decided to make a spectacular out of the Han/Greedo scene, it's now some sort of shoot out climax to the whole movie, even more controversial and talked about than the trench run.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.