Best movie ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Henrik1991
Okay i don't know if this have been made yet, because i haven't been able to find it so i know ask you.... What is the best movie ever made and why?!

for me it's Armaggedon, because it got everything.. accept horror but that would just destroy the movie.. it is funny, theres alot of action and science fiction.... just great

Blue_Butterfly
I dont think I could just pick ONE movie that I thought was the best ever made. It definitley wouldnt be Armegeddon though...no offense. I guess if I had to pick one it would be Lord Of The Rings. I Love Fantasy movies and lots of action.

MovieMan22
If you think Armageddon is the best movie ever, then you need to watch more movies. Armageddon was a average movie at best.

Here's what I think are the best movies ever:

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Forrest Gump
It's A Wonderful Life
E.T.
Batman Begins
Cold Mountain
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
Lord Of The Rings trilogy
Jurassic Park
Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade

spencerspider
aBatman Begins? Star Wars was better than that.So was Spiderman its hard to pick

nick1811
Brotherhood of the wolf, imo.

but i also like like frank darabonts work (the green mile, the shawshank redemption)

DeVi| D0do
The Empire Strikes Back.

DigitalFortr3ss
LOTR? Spiderman? Star Wars? 3 Movies that are over-rated and IMO boring. I think Saving Private Ryan should be up there

spencerspider
Star Wars is one of the biggest series of all time if not the biggest

Solo
Originally posted by DigitalFortr3ss
LOTR? Spiderman? Star Wars? 3 Movies that are over-rated and IMO boring. I think Saving Private Ryan should be up there
Overrated, maybe, but boring? No way. How exactly is Saving Private Ryan not overrated compared to Spider-man, when Saving Private Ryan is much more critically acclaimed?

MetallicaT
Shawshank Redemption
or
City of God
or
Pulp Fiction
or
A Clockwork Orange

BackFire
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest followed closely by Paths of Glory.

Mandorallen
^ thumb up

One Flew over the cuckoos nest
Shawshank Redemption
or The Godfather part 1

The Highlord
IMO best movie ever is Ben Hur, i've liked that movie since I first saw it, then there are a few movies that come close they are

Schindler's List
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
LOTR

thats what I think now, tho I still need to see what BF says is Stanley Kubricks best, Paths Of Glory, I cant belive I still havint seen it, I should bne assmed lol, I also need to see The Seven Samurai by Akira Kurusawa sad

Ripcord
There's so many great one's out there, but I would have to choose either Lord of the Rings Trilogy, or Braveheart

Solo
Casablanca
M

Rapscallion
Originally posted by Solo
Overrated, maybe, but boring? No way. How exactly is Saving Private Ryan not overrated compared to Spider-man, when Saving Private Ryan is much more critically acclaimed?

Saving Private Ryan isn't overrated because it deserves all the acclaim it gets. Oh andmy answer to the original question is Schindler's List.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
'The Big Lebowski', 'Apocalypse Now', 'Goodfellas' and 'Rushmore' are all just about perfect.

MysteryRidah
Maybe scarface, or training day.

TheFilmProphet
I'm not exactly sure which film I would say is the best 'ever' but I believe Scarface and Rebel Without A Cause do deserve mention.

Henrik1991
Okay i also like Con Air - Underworld - I,robot - Resident Evil - Theres something about Mary - Boogeyman and Sin City....

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Solo

Okay yeah,spiderman was boring and over rated,thats for sure but yeah, how the hell can anyone call Lord Of The Rings or the first two original star wars movies boring? that is absurd. How can they even say they are over rated either? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I have the same agreement as that other poster has,that Empire Strikes Back is the best movie ever.

Ultimate-Venom
STAR wars 5 The Empire strikes back

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Okay yeah,spiderman was boring and over rated,thats for sure

I disagree,

crimsonphoenix
I think movies like Wizard of Oz and Gone with the Wind are great movies in my opinion........

T.M
Scarface is my favourite movie.

but IMO Dog Day Afternoon, The Shining, Silence Of The Lambs, Pulp Fiction, E.T to name a few are all great... there are just to many to name

i cant even name my top 10 movies because i always think of more so it would be impossible to name just one

knight
HIGHLANDER

gentmax
So, is the question Best Movie or Favorite movie? Because my favorite movie definately not the best movie.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Okay yeah,spiderman was boring and over rated,thats for sure but yeah, how the hell can anyone call Lord Of The Rings or the first two original star wars movies boring? that is absurd. How can they even say they are over rated either? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I have the same agreement as that other poster has,that Empire Strikes Back is the best movie ever.
Spider-Man - Boring, hardly. Overrated, yes.

Star Wars OT - Boring, no. Overrated, not overly.

Lord of the Rings - If I need something to put me to sleep, I know where to look! They are overrated because people think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.