KMC Sig Making Contest Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ken Kenobi
I'm in the process of typing up the rules for the unofficial signature contest #1. If this is a success, maybe we can make this a regular thing, once a month...maybe twice a month. smile

Since I am "hosting" the contest I will not enter, just to be fair to everyone else. At least this first contest I will host, and maybe we will get someone else to host the next one, so everyone gets a chance to enter sometime. (I just want to enter and see how I do stick out tongue)

Use this thread only for discussions of entries posted, rules, what you think of the contest, etc...

I advise you all to read the rules once I post them, anyone not following the rules will be disqualified and will have to wait until the next contest to enter.

For this first week I will be a judge, I need at least 2 other judges. If you would like to be a non-biased judge then please PM me. Be warned that if you judge, you are uneligible to enter the contest.

lil bitchiness, I ask of you to please let us do this contest with the 2 threads, once the contest is over you can merge and close the threads. smile

Okay, let's discuss.

taft
im all in

TwisterGameX
I'm in and like I said I think I might of found another judge but waiting for a reply.

Ken Kenobi
Rules and Entry thread is now posted. Please read the entire thread to understand how the contest will be run, all entries not meeting those standards will not be accepted.

Ken Kenobi
w00t! We got Raz's permission to make this the Official KMC Signature Contest! Happy Dance

Lana
Awesomeness big grin

*prepares to kick everyone's asses*

stick out tongue

TwisterGameX
I asked Poala and she said she could be a judge!! unless I heard wrong.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Lana
Awesomeness big grin

stick out tongue

You got to go through me first!!!

Ken Kenobi
Now we're truly official!

taft
i know im not going to win but oh well

Sir Mist
Awesomeness big grin

stick out tongue

dammit

*leaves*

W000000000000000t
w00t

Lana
Stupid transparency and size limits miffed

TOH

What? confused 10 pxs? Thats challenging... stick out tongue

TwisterGameX
KEN you should post that other rule thread at the top. So it won't go away since no one is allowed to post in it.

BakaXero
Originally posted by TOH
What? confused 10 pxs? Thats challenging... stick out tongue
my thoughts exactly.
we can do transparency still right confused

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by BakaXero
my thoughts exactly.

we can do transparency still right confused 150 stick out tongue

Barker
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Maybe we can make this a regular thing, once a month...maybe twice a month. smile

Now that It's Official, Are You Still Planning On A 1-2 Time-A-Month Contest?

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Barker
Now that It's Official, Are You Still Planning On A 1-2 Time-A-Month Contest?

Possibly

Sir Mist
450x10...it was a struggle for size limits....but I think I managed to get it under 30kb...I think it totals 4kb..

Based off Pitch Black:

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7392/black7no.jpg

What?confused

Why's everyone staring at me funny? confused

Lick toads. smokin'

TwisterGameX
450x150

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Sir Mist
450x10...it was a struggle for size limits....but I think I managed to get it under 30kb...I think it totals 4kb..

Based off Pitch Black:

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7392/black7no.jpg

What?confused

Why's everyone staring at me funny? confused

Lick toads. smokin'

I goofed. stick out tongue

I'll have lil fix that.

Deano
im inbig grin

Lana
Haha, Mist, you smartass laughing out loud stick out tongue

taft
can you host the image on like photobucket then link it ?

Lana
I entered my entry big grin

Piggle Humsy
wow I love your current sig lana.. you should have entered that... if you didn't have it up already...

hey you put up my lil star under your sig.. I loaded that up for that exact reason..to put either side of text...you been reading my mind? What the f**k?
stick out tongue

ok I wanted to ask something... about the theme.. if I did a sig of an actor would that be ok? or not? they are in movies.... confused

erm

BakaXero
my comp just f'ed up on me so i dont think i'll be entering this time
bloody comp!

faerie
tis too bad, BX. is it okay if i do mine on a movie that is not out yet. it's being advertised for and everything, but not out, here's what i've done so far (bloody size limit makes it so i can't do transparencies!)

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
wow I love your current sig lana.. you should have entered that... if you didn't have it up already...

hey you put up my lil star under your sig.. I loaded that up for that exact reason..to put either side of text...you been reading my mind? What the f**k?
stick out tongue

ok I wanted to ask something... about the theme.. if I did a sig of an actor would that be ok? or not? they are in movies.... confused

erm

They may be in movies, but if it's not about the movie, then no.

BakaXero
my comp just f'ed up on me so i dont think i'll be entering this time
bloody comp!
scrap that no expression
i think i figured out the problem... so i may have a chance to enter after all evil face mwahaha *cough* no expression

Barker
EDIT

BakaXero
They may be in movies, but if it's not about the movie, then no.
further question on that. if it just pics of them from a particular movie from one movie does that count? like the focus is on one actor from the movie.

Ken Kenobi
further question on that. if it just pics of them from a particular movie from one movie does that count? like the focus is on one actor from the movie.

If it's done like that, like Deano's entry, yes that works. Stills from movies, movie posters, etc...NO paparazzi shots.

Fianna
Cool...I might enter if I find the inspiration and motivation to make a new one...they seem to be hiding behind the sofa at the moment..disgust

hotsauce6548
So November 10th is the last day?

Who's November 10th, though? Britain's? China's? America's? shifty

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
So November 10th is the last day?

Who's November 10th, though? Britain's? China's? America's? shifty

America's smile

Which means all of you in other countries have extra time. stick out tongue

TwisterGameX
Nov 5th is the last day.......american time evil face

Ken Kenobi
DanZeke..sorry bud, but you exceeded the maximum image size. It's 450 px x 150 pixels, not 475 x 175. Better luck next time.

hotsauce6548
DanZeke..sorry bud, but you exceeded the maximum image size. It's 450 px x 150 pixels, not 475 x 175. Better luck next time.

It can be smaller, though, right?

(I hate KMC's restrictions... miffed)

Ken Kenobi
It can be smaller, though, right?

(I hate KMC's restrictions... miffed)

It can be any size up to 450 x 150. smile

Lana
Good, cos mine's smaller (400x150)

Ken, I remember that old sig of yours.....laughing out loud

hotsauce6548
Good. Mine's tiny. (320 by 105 or something like that.)

I'll submit mine soon. I'm just waiting to see who else enters. stick out tongue

So, who are the confirmed judges?

Lana
Ken, TOH, and Paola, I believe.

TwisterGameX
Am I the only moron that is using paint ?

Hegemon875
Originally posted by TwisterGameX

laughing Like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Hegemon875
laughing Like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

laughing

laughing out loud

cry

hotsauce6548

laughing

I was wondering why... never mind. stick out tongue

hotsauce6548
I can learn a few things from Hegemon. yes

I'm still getting the hang of making grunge and tech sigs... wink

GuitarBunny
Am I the only moron that is using paint ? Actually i use paint smile...thing is i use it better then you laughing kidding...

I'll be joining the contest very soon big grin.........evillaugh

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by GuitarBunny
Actually i use paint smile...thing is i use it better then you laughing kidding...

I'll be joining the contest very soon big grin.........evillaugh

laughing out loud

Jedi Priestess
OOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOooooo they are all good but Hegemon and Lana's are my favs so far. droolio

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
OOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOooooo they are all good but Hegemon and Lana's are my favs so far. droolio

but I used paint Happy Dance

DanZeke25

I though so, i made it like 2 years ago lol. I didnt feel like resizing it so i just took a chance and posted it anyway.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by DanZeke25
I though so, i made it like 2 years ago lol. I didnt feel like resizing it so i just took a chance and posted it anyway.

Oh...umm...maybe I should reiterate. Signatures for the contest have to be new/

Piggle Humsy
ooh the entries are looking good... eek!

good for them... sucks for me tho erm

weep

stick out tongue

GuitarBunny
ooh the entries are looking good... eek!

good for them... sucks for me tho erm

weep

stick out tongue mhm You know you and Lana are tough compitetion. stick out tongue

Fianna
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
OOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOooooo they are all good but Hegemon and Lana's are my favs so far. droolio Ditto...gorgeous work guys..eyes

Piggle Humsy
mhm You know you and Lana are tough compitetion. stick out tongue

lana yes.. me no... no2

I am not in the same league.

Your way better than me! so mhm yourself!

stick out tongue

GuitarBunny
lana yes.. me no... no2

stick out tongue :P Tell me what you think of mine. :P I've justposted it. stick out tongue

Hegemon875
lana yes.. me no... no2

stick out tongue

What the heck is "mhm" confused

GuitarBunny
What the heck is "mhm" confused it's like "Talk to the hand" confused

Hegemon875
it's like "Talk to the hand" confused

Oh...

Lana
I can learn a few things from Hegemon. yes

I'm still getting the hang of making grunge and tech sigs... wink

I actually myself don't do either very often...I don't think I've ever done a tech-style sig, I just don't like how they look, personally.

The one I submitted is actually the second one I made for the contest, the first one I made I couldn't get to fit within the limits. Stupid GIFs sad

GuitarBunny
I actually myself don't do either very often...I don't think I've ever done a tech-style sig, I just don't like how they look, personally.

The one I submitted is actually the second one I made for the contest, the first one I made I couldn't get to fit within the limits. Stupid GIFs sad Either way I think your sig is awesome. wink Good Job.

Lana
Thanks happy

This is the original I made, but the image quality is crap, and if you're on one of the dark skins, there's visible white bits around it erm

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/crystalicstar/sigcontest_loz.gif

GuitarBunny
That one is seriously kick ass. shock

Barker
Thanks happy

This is the original I made, but the image quality is crap, and if you're on one of the dark skins, there's visible white bits around it erm

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/crystalicstar/sigcontest_loz.gif
That's The Sex

Hegemon875

The one I submitted is actually the second one I made for the contest, the first one I made I couldn't get to fit within the limits. Stupid GIFs sad

Yeah the limits totally kill transparency sigs. If you want to have one with decent quality you really cant use many colors in the sig.

Fianna
That's The Sex I love your sig btw droolio

BakaXero
i feel intimidated.
i suddenly lost all hope in winning.

unless.....

the competition is divided into catergories.
then i may have a chance. not a big one not with the sig i came up with atm.
still playing with ideas.stick out tongue

hotsauce6548
I think after this contest, for the next one, we should have rules that don't limit the sigs to KMC's strict restrictions.

Even 50 kb?

I would love it. droolio

Mine is almost done. It came out a bit blurry because I had to lower the quality, so I am in the process of fixing that. big grin

ScarletPheonix
wat programs do u guys use and can u tell me either how to get them or if i have the program and dont know how to work can u tell me plz

Fianna
Well I've entered..embarrasment

I use Corel Photo House 2..don't get it..I got it free and it's not very good for sigs..

DanZeke25
Hemagon, your sigs are REALLY good. Especially the Thor one.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Hemagon, your sigs are REALLY good. Especially the Thor one.

Thank you big grin embarrasment

Fianna
Oh dear...I posted the wrong version of my sig and broke some of the rules...sorry...it doesn't have my name on...embarrasment ..disqualified huh?

Ken Kenobi
Tisk tisk...

Fianna
Pretty stupid of me...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Piggle Humsy
I hope not, it's an easy mistake... maybe ken will let you off? confused

Ken Kenobi
I hope not, it's an easy mistake... maybe ken will let you off? confused

I already disqualified another poster for breaking rules. It was a simple mistake, but still it doesn't fit the contest guidelines. Just remember Fi, we'll make these contest much more common so you will have another chance in no time.

hotsauce6548
I think after this contest, for the next one, we should have rules that don't limit the sigs to KMC's strict restrictions.

Even 50 kb?

I would love it. droolio

So how about my idea, eh?

Oh, and mine has been entered. big grin

EDIT: And guess what else? KMC's restrictions are "teh suxxorz." miffed

Fianna
I already disqualified another poster for breaking rules. It was a simple mistake, but still it doesn't fit the contest guidelines. Just remember Fi, we'll make these contest much more common so you will have another chance in no time. I understand...I'll kick ass next time evillaugh

Oooo...hot sig hotsauce..droolio

TwisterGameX
In the end paint will win evil face

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Fianna
I understand...I'll kick ass next time evillaugh

Oooo...hot sig hotsauce..droolio

The original looks a whole lot better... sly

Piggle Humsy
I already disqualified another poster for breaking rules. It was a simple mistake, but still it doesn't fit the contest guidelines. Just remember Fi, we'll make these contest much more common so you will have another chance in no time.

Yeh I guess that's fair...

also gives me less competition... shifty

now how can I get the rest of them to make mistakes... evillaugh

stick out tongue

BakaXero
and my mistake would be i didnt make a good enough sig this time around to win anyways.
maybe i'll be a judge next time round. cool shifty mwahaha *cough* no expression

Piggle Humsy
and my mistake would be i didnt make a good enough sig this time around to win anyways.
maybe i'll be a judge next time round. cool shifty mwahaha *cough* no expression

I think your entry this year is really great. yes

one of the tops ones so far.

btw I've been meaning to mention how impressed I was with your 3d entry in a previous contest, I got my 3d glasses out and took a look, it was great!! eek!
I would never be able to do anything like that no2

BakaXero
but it wasnt good enough. and this contest has two great sig makers as judges. so they would know from emperience what is good and what is great. lets just say i think i could do alot better, but i wanted to use an idea i had for a while and put it in a sig. i dont feel i gave the idea i had any justice.erm

GuitarBunny
In the end paint will win evil face laughing

We have alot of great sig makers. And yes i could have done a so much better job. embarrasment But because of my busy schedual i had to settle with my entry. confused

TwisterGameX
laughing

We have alot of great sig makers. And yes i could have done a so much better job. embarrasment But because of my busy schedual i had to settle with my entry. confused

your sig is pretty good Happy Dance it is hard to believe you could of made perfection better eek!

Ken Kenobi
So how about my idea, eh?

Oh, and mine has been entered. big grin

EDIT: And guess what else? KMC's restrictions are "teh suxxorz." miffed

Yeah. erm Next contest we will raise the limits so you can spread your wings some more.

BakaXero
laughing

was that comment a response to what i said.
im just saying if its not at full potential and you didnt win. then you wont be satisfied with your lost.

Lana
Yeah. erm Next contest we will raise the limits so you can spread your wings some more.

Goodie.

I remember before for the contests the pixel size restrictions were the same as KMC's, but the file size restriction was 100kb or less.

hotsauce6548

Niice. big grin

Piggle Humsy
I just wanted to know if you are going to have different categories like the last contest...

Or something along those lines? shrugrin

and will there be 1st, 2nd and 3rd places or not? confused

DanZeke25

You should also chage the "You have to have your name on it" thing. Because I have The Gimp, which is free, and you can't really do all those cool text stuff. What I usually do i just rty to find the whatever i'm lookin for in a cool text and paste it on there, lol. I could still put my name on it, but it kinda ruins it.

GuitarBunny
was that comment a response to what i said.
im just saying if its not at full potential and you didnt win. then you wont be satisfied with your lost. Yeah it was. Sorry if i didn't make too much sense. big grin

MC Mike
Just entered the competition with a stab at this ordeal... hopefully this time I will get something out of this.

Barker
I just wanted to know if you are going to have different categories like the last contest...

Took the Word Right Outta My Mouf. smile

Ken Kenobi

I don't see why not. smile

Lana
Coolness big grin

TOH
There are great entries already ... raver
Nice work.. cool

Lana
Hi TOH big grin

TOH
Hi TOH big grin
cool

Hi Lana! eek!

hotsauce6548
I just noticed Lana's entry says aLana...

Why? confused

BakaXero
I just noticed Lana's entry says aLana...

Why? confused
Cause thats here actual name.
but many like to call her lana cause it easier.
one letter can make a big difference.
but i dont think thats a big deal. unless your finding ways to narrow the competition.

Lana
laughing out loud

Yeah, Alana is my full name, Lana's my nickname and username. I switch back and forth on sigs. Either way, everyone knows it's me.

TwisterGameX
Tomorrow is sig Judgement day evil face

hotsauce6548
Cause thats here actual name.
but many like to call her lana cause it easier.
one letter can make a big difference.
but i dont think thats a big deal. unless your finding ways to narrow the competition.

Nah, just wondering.... but with Lana out of the way, things would be easier... devil

laughing out loud

Yeah, Alana is my full name, Lana's my nickname and username. I switch back and forth on sigs. Either way, everyone knows it's me.

I see... big grin

Piggle Humsy
Took the Word Right Outta My Mouf. smile

Great minds think alike tip-hat

btw Love your new sig! eek!

I don't see why not. smile

Good then I might have a little chance and getting placed somewhere...but then again I might just end up an even bigger loser laughing out loud stick out tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just entered my entry...argggh shout it was so hard deciding which one to put up, I made 3... although I don't think any of them are 'excellent'... I wasn't sure if I had time to make another one and I didn't want to risk missing the closing date... erm

Next time there should be some dvds for prizes or something.. yes thumb up

BakaXero
i wonder if theres anymore last minute entries.

Piggle Humsy
probably.. maybe some people are saving the best till last.. then a few people will enter the best ever sigs and I will give up hope completely! laughing out loud

Ken Kenobi
Next time there should be some dvds for prizes or something.. yes thumb up

If Raz would supply the prizes. laughing out loud

BakaXero
probably.. maybe some people are saving the best till last.. then a few people will enter the best ever sigs and I will give up hope completely! laughing out loud
way ahead of you (the giving up part)

Ken Kenobi
Once I get the PM's from my judges, I will post the winners up. I expect them to get back to me sometime tomorrow.

TwisterGameX
remember in order from best to least best!!. I wonder what spot I got in.

BakaXero
i got midway!!! big grin

Ken Kenobi
remember in order from best to least best!!. I wonder what spot I got in.

We'll only display the winners and runners up in each category.

TwisterGameX
How about the E for effort award ?

Lana
Hopefully I'll actually win something for a change....

Ken Kenobi
*still waiting for ALL my judges to PM me...*

Piggle Humsy
eek! It's so exciting...
I've already picked my assumed winners..
I'm not telling who tho.. don't want to upset anyone
secret

takuto
gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek! when will you be telling?

Piggle Humsy
god I'm really regretting my entry now!
the only reason I entered it above the other 2 was because it took more to create, there was writing over 2 of the sharks faces so I had to reconstruct them which was pretty tricky and took me a while...
but now I look at it against the others it looks pretty basic erm

I hate competitions weep

GuitarBunny
So we're still waiting? confused

Ken Kenobi
So we're still waiting? confused

I'm still waiting for my judges to PM me their choices...sad

If they don't PM me by tomorrow I will think of something...new judges maybe.

Piggle Humsy
I'm still waiting for my judges to PM me their choices...sad

If they don't PM me by tomorrow I will think of something...new judges maybe.

roll eyes (sarcastic) you just can't get the staff these days...

stick out tongue

Lana
Well, TOH doesn't come on fairly regularly, Pao and The Ones usually do though.

lil bitchiness
Seems to be going fabulous guys.

Please PM me when you wish the threads closed and it shall be done.

TOH
Hey I'm here..calm down people... stick out tongue

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by TOH
Hey I'm here..calm down people... stick out tongue

Happy Dance evil face

TOH
Ok, PM sent. cool

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by TOH
Ok, PM sent. cool

Only Poala left evil face

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Seems to be going fabulous guys.

Please PM me when you wish the threads closed and it shall be done.

Should we post the winners in this thread, the entry thread, or a new thread?

Just waiting on Paola everyone, even without her we have 3 judges so that would make it fair.

Lana
Originally posted by TOH
Ok, PM sent. cool

Yay happy

Should we post the winners in this thread, the entry thread, or a new thread?

Just waiting on Paola everyone, even without her we have 3 judges so that would make it fair.

Post both in here and the entry thread, I think. No real need for a new thread.

Piggle Humsy
Post both in here and the entry thread, I think. No real need for a new thread.

yes I concur.

Ken Kenobi
Best Looking Signature:
1st place - Hegemon875
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9233/ironmansigfinal1it.jpg

2nd place - taft
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5440/sigcontestsmall9za.jpg

Best Designed Signature:
1st place - Hegemon875

2nd place - Sir Mist
http://img492.imageshack.us/img492/1417/sigbackcopy3yj.jpg

Cleverest Signature:
1st place - hotsauce6548
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2492/wolverinesigcopy4eb.jpg

2nd place (tie):
BakaXero
http://img491.imageshack.us/img491/5247/intotheblue20xw.gif

Hegemon875

I'd like to thank everyone for participating and I hope you had fun designing the signatures. For those of you who won, congratulations you deserved it. For those that didn't, it was truly a tough choice picking our favorites and I wish you luck on the next contest which will have less boundaries. Judging on feedback in the Discussion thread, we will determine when the next contest will be and what the guidelines will be for that one.

lilbitchiness, you can go ahead and close the Entry thread. If possible, could you name this thread the KMC Sig Making Contest Discussion Thread?

Fianna
Cool..congrats everyone..eek!

lil bitchiness
Ok guys, I clsoed the other thread and renamed this one.

Congratulations all.

TwisterGameX
I lost cry

I didn't even get the nastiest sig award crybaby

Well the people that one this won can not enter the next one evil face

The next sig contest with no rules what so ever should start tomorow to enter evil face and should end in like next sunday. Now that I know my competition, I shallwork harder devil

Ken Kenobi
Who says the winners can't enter the next contest? stick out tongue That's no fun. You should strive to better your art to beat theres. laughing out loud

We do need to talk about the next contest though, when should it start? Who will judge? Who will run it so I can enter? Should I enter? I dunno? Why am I making every sentence a question?

TwisterGameX
laughing out loud well you enter and hem be the judge evil face so he can't enter. Then you could keep some of the same judges if they want the job again. Well since this one has no limits I say start it tomorrow evil face

Lana
miffed

Oh well.

Personally I have to say I wish I hadn't entered immediately at the beginning because even in just the past week my sigs have gotten about a billion times better.

Damnit, I've gotta win one of these eventually laughing out loud

hotsauce6548
Why thank you, judges.

If the contest starts soon, I'll volunteer as a judge if need be because I think I'm going to take a break from sig making... for at least a week or so. stick out tongue

TwisterGameX
miffed

Oh well.

Personally I have to say I wish I hadn't entered immediately at the beginning because even in just the past week my sigs have gotten about a billion times better.

Damnit, I've gotta win one of these eventually laughing out loud

Lana the next contest is no holds bar so you could cram all the affects in without going over the limit evil face

Lana
Why thank you, judges.

If the contest starts soon, I'll volunteer as a judge if need be because I think I'm going to take a break from sig making... for at least a week or so. stick out tongue

Sig making break....what is that you speak of? confused

I'm already formulating ideas, just depends on what the theme is.

lil bitchiness
I think all entries were ultra impressive.

Last years winner was TOH, although I also thought Lana's entry last year was worthy of an award yes

Hegemon875
eek! Sweet I won two categories!punk

And it only cost me $50, thanks Ken evil face

TwisterGameX
eek! Sweet I won two categories!punk

And it only cost me $50, thanks Ken evil face

Well I paid him 20 so I guess 50>>>20 sad

lil bitchiness
You can't cheapscate the judge then moan about losing stick out tongue

Same goes for Mods droolio

stick out tongue