Dooku's confession

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
Why does Count Dooku tell Obi-Wan that a Sith is in control of the Republic? What is the purpose of telling him?

finti
Cause he thought Obi Wan was gonna die, why not gloat a little

Ushgarak
Because being tricky like that is his way now. It was also an attempt to pull Obi-Wan onto his side, and even further than that may be an attempt to reduce suspicion on Dooku actually being the other Sith.

mechmoggy
I agree, its like Vader telling Luke that they should join forces to destroy the Emporer so they can rule the galaxy as father and son.

Dark lords are not to be trusted, they only seek to better thier own position of power.

ToMacco
Well King Jedi. Dooku gets a little loose with his tounge when he's drinking.

finti
Thing is that the Emeror eagees on Vaders suggestion on trying to bring Luke over to the dark side in ESB, and it is kind of Vader and Emps agenda in ROTJ too. So are they(Vader and EMp) looking away from the two siths "rule"

Ushgarak
George Lucas has stated otherwise in an interview, saying that the rule still applies and those two will always be trying to bump off the other. Which makes the ESB conversation look rather odd.

Captain REX
You know how Ob1 is like a father to Anakin? Well, that makes Qui-Gon the grandfather and Dooku the great-grandfather and Yoda the great-great-grandfather. And Luke is the son and Ben Skywalker, Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo, and Anakin Solo are the grandchildren. big grin roll eyes (sarcastic)

GordonSkywalker
I think Dooku wanted to confuse matters for Obi-Wan.

Mujaffa
it's allways like that..the bad guy tell the good guy the plans and then gets kicked ass..in this case the republic's ass

Captain REX
True, true...

The reason the Emperor was letting Vader look for Luke is that, if anyone was going to be replaced, he would replace the aging Vader with his equally powerful son. Vader was considering doing the same for his Emperor, though it ended up with both of them dead and the Sith extinct.

queeq
Sith, and all good deceivers, use 90% truth and mix a little untruth in there which changes all perception.

Ushgarak
The conversation still makes no sense, though. It is absolutely clear from what they are talking about that they are considering Luke as a powerful ally- a third member of their team. Why would they contact each other and gleefully discuss that they are now looking for what they consider to be each other's replacement?

The 'rule of two' fits in with a lot of things thematically but that ESB convo is where it falls short, continuity wise.

queeq
I dunno.... I kinda gives a nice twist to the matter. After all, all Sith masters should now that their apprentices will try to take over. It's no big secret. On the other hand if the Master wants to stay Master he'll have to replace a possibly rebelling apprentice. So they fact that they'd talk like this, could say something about a very cold and suspicious relationship and about an attitude of low esteem towards each other. It's pretty bold and arrogant to both play out the trump cards and pretend it's a normal card knowing that both players will not be fooled. It's like: cards are on the table, let the game begin and may the baddest win!
I dunno, I kinda like that.

Ushgarak
Ys, but that IS rather blatantly having to twist what we have to fit. It clearly was not the meaning behind it at the time.

queeq
True. But that goes for so many things. Like OB1 meeting Anakin as a kid, that was not in the spirit of ANH I'm sure. I'm pretty sure GL didn't think of Jedi being trained only as very small children.

Still, I like that dark twist on that ESB convo.

Captain REX
I do too.

finti
ESB rules

queeq
YAYYY!!

mechmoggy
I don't like that "always two there are" rule, I always imagined there to be an army of dark jedi's just as there are good ones. That new rule is almost as bad as the midi-chlori-whatsits. Booo! sad

queeq
And where did they go?

GordonSkywalker
I too always felt there ought to be a bunch of other siths, but we only saw Vader because he was the best of the bunch.

queeq
And Palpy.

GordonSkywalker
Yes, and Palpy!

queeq
Cool.

PeekaReet
...because those where his lines. big grin

queeq
They were?

GordonSkywalker
Back to earlier comments made by both mechmoggy and queeq: I think the introduction of the midi-chlorians and Jedi being trained as young as Anakin(in Episode I) was a mistake. I think the ideas hinted at from the OT should have been properly followed up in these newer films. Anakin as he appeared in Episode II was closer to my perception of how he and Obi-Wan were before he fell to the dark side:friends, yet had a student/teacher relationship; Anakin was a great pilot; and so forth.The whole Jedi-as-monks thing never appealed to me, nor did that whole 'jedi are forbidden to love' creed. Still, obviously this is how Mr Lucas planned for the story to unfold, so there's not anything we can do about it,really........

Member.
i dont know, if jedi got involved intimately, the peeps might be afraid that when the other person died of an accident, then the jedi would abandon his training and become a dark jedi or something. the jedi-as-monk thing is cool, it makes them more "mysterious" and i like that.

queeq
ME too. And it is the crucial thing that makes something drastic like breaking with the Jedi Order credible. Love conquers all or destroys it all... Nice theme for the saga.

Captain REX
Once again I agree.

Yes, if I was a Jedi and someone killed my women I would use the Force to snap their bones and the dice them to pieces SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW
WWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.......

queeq
What kind of pieces??? big grin

Corran
The All new McVader's meat pieces.

queeq
Sweet!

Corran
Actually, they come with a variety of sauces.

GordonSkywalker
No, I already had lunch, but thanks for asking!

Ushgarak
Which rather proves you would not be a very good Jedi, Rex...

Captain REX
That's why I joined the Dark-Side in your RP game... big grin

Queeq, I can dice them into Ritz Bitz if ya like. The scorched meat kind.

queeq
Working at fast-food restaurant suits you Rex. big grin

Julie
hey blue collar....eh well somebody's gotta do it:-)

justinday15
He wants to throw him off.

cookies2006
who about what now.

GordonSkywalker
I do not understand this conversation. What is happening?

cookies2006
? ? ? ? ? ? ?

GordonSkywalker
Who is throwing who off of what??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.