Superman vs Photon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
Superman vs Photon

armandovalles
dude kgkg this isnt a fair fight. the only thing supes has going for him is his physical strength, but he wont get a chance to use it cuz he wont get in close, Photon would put him down in one blast or just teleport him into the microverse, where Superman would probly never find his way out of since he's not an energy wielder.

The Ion
Photon would win but Supes isn't going down in one blast. That's ridiculous.

armandovalles
he put Red Ronin down wit one blast, i dont think Supes has more durability than Red Ronin.

The Ion
Originally posted by armandovalles
he put Red Ronin down wit one blast, i dont think Supes has more durability than Red Ronin.
Superman has survived a double black hole, the destruction of Earths moon point blank and was unharmed, took a blast equal to a million nuclear bombs, survived the destruction of a sun eater thats been in existence for millienia and consumed the energy of many stars by traveling from galaxy to galaxy, took several particle beams (even six at the same time) survived a nuclear blasts while sitting in kryptonite, has taken constant blasts from Darkseids OBs, and absorb a Mageddon war head that's capable of destroying half a galaxy.

Tell me again he beats him in one shot.

Lucid Lui
Yeah, would not be an easy win for Photon. He does win though...

armandovalles
Uh, dude, Genis destroyed Entropy, an abstract, with one blast. Imagine wut that wud do to Superman. Superman would be nothing more than dust in the wind after that.

And Superman wuz hurt by a friggin blast from Terminus. Terminus sux. Terminus and Red Ronin are probly around the same level of power, and Photon put Red Ronin out wit one shot.

dvampire
Uh, dude, Genis destroyed Entropy, an abstract, with one blast. Imagine wut that wud do to Superman. Superman would be nothing more than dust in the wind after that.

And Superman wuz hurt by a friggin blast from Terminus. Terminus sux. Terminus and Red Ronin are probly around the same level of power, and Photon put Red Ronin out wit one shot.

How durable is Entropy? Because Superman has taken alot and doesn't go down. smile

The Ion

And Genis got one shotted by god damn Atlas. As for Entropy, I have the issue and it's vague what exactly happened there. Genis isn't a skyfather, he isn't even close and he damn sure isn't one shotting the Man of Tomorrow.

ImmortalOne
Yep, but I was thinkin more of a "solar energy vaccuum"

Genis can vaccum the UVrays outta him , (UV are composed of photon too you know)

But ONE SHOT !!!! THATS AS RIDICULOUS AS JUBILEE RAPING LT !!!

demigawd
Hmm, I dunno....that chick did a number on Superman last week. Blackroc, or something. Seems to be some kind of energy manipulator who put Supes on his ass. Badly.

ImmortalOne
One Chick did that..... it was Repulsor !!!

olympian
Photon wins.

But not with one shot.

ImmortalOne
Hell no !!

K3VIL
Originally posted by kgkg
Superman vs Photon
Photon can:
Drain the solar energy from Supes, and pretty fast.
Fight him fist to fist and with ranged attacks.
Block him into a space distortion and then kill him.
Etc.

Mr _Whirlysplat
Thor buster punch away smile

Juntai
Originally posted by K3VIL
Photon can:
Drain the solar energy from Supes, and pretty fast.
Fight him fist to fist and with ranged attacks.
Block him into a space distortion and then kill him.
Etc. Current Supes sucks power in. This is proven. I don't see him being drained. Especially since it hasn't been done since the early/mid 90's that I recall, when Triumph did it to him.. There however, has been Retcons since then. He's like an adjustable energy funnel.

kgkg
Originally posted by Juntai
Current Supes sucks power in. This is proven. I don't see him being drained. Especially since it hasn't been done since the early/mid 90's that I recall, when Triumph did it to him.. There however, has been Retcons since then. He's like an adjustable energy funnel.
Not true
Polaris, Triumph etc have all jacked his energy out of him.

Heck Even 1 million had his solar energy drained from him.

And these aren’t Genis level characters.

Juntai
Not true
Polaris, Triumph etc have all jacked his energy out of him.

Heck Even 1 million had his solar energy drained from him.

And these aren’t Genis level characters. Except his most recent comics prove he can SUCK in energy to fuel his body.

Unless you want to argue ten year old comics with last weeks comics?

kgkg
Except his most recent comics prove he can SUCK in energy to fuel his body.

Unless you want to argue ten year old comics with last weeks comics?
He always did that.

Doesn’t mean he can resist being absorbed

Juntai
He always did that.

Doesn’t mean he can resist being absorbed You're not comprehending. He always absorbed and stored energy, now he can draw it in himself as quick as it's being spent. Absorbing from his body still doesn't cut him off from power, he could just draw it in as fast or faster than it's being drawn from him.

kgkg
You're not comprehending. He always absorbed and stored energy, now he can draw it in himself as quick as it's being spent. Absorbing from his body still doesn't cut him off from power, he could just draw it in as fast or faster than it's being drawn from him.
And you proof of this is?

Are you saying cosmic who can draw energy of entire stars will have trouble draining Superman.

When has superman ever resisted energy drain?

What new issue you talking about?

Issue #?

Juntai
And you proof of this is?

Are you saying cosmic who can draw energy of entire stars will have trouble draining Superman.

When has superman ever resisted energy drain?

What new issue you talking about?

Issue #? In all of his issues the last few months, starting probably right before "BURN!!!" in his first fight with blackrock, they've been redefining his powers, or rather explaining them...Specifically in his fights with Ruin.. They said Superman draws from Solar energy, and his strength boosts he gets to accomplish nearly any job are because when he stresses, when he needs something done, he begins SUCKING energy from the sun to accomodate his needs.
In Adventures of Superman 645, Ruin specifically says Superman is killing/absorbing the sun itself.

Juntai
"You think we don't know, do you? About how you're killing our sun? About how you're sucking it dry and destroying this world?"

kgkg
In all of his issues the last few months, starting probably right before "BURN!!!" in his first fight with blackrock, they've been redefining his powers, or rather explaining them...Specifically in his fights with Ruin.. They said Superman draws from Solar energy, and his strength boosts he gets to accomplish nearly any job are because when he stresses, when he needs something done, he begins SUCKING energy from the sun to accomodate his needs.
In Adventures of Superman 645, Ruin specifically says Superman is killing/absorbing the sun itself.
I have read all the recent issue

How does that allow superman to stop himself getting Drained?

He absorbs as he gets stresses ? so what these character are type who can blow up the sun and stop the energy flow from the SUn.

Polaris did the same thing.

Again how can you absorb if the source is blocked?

The new comics are explaining superman’s power doesn’t mean the old tricks don’t work on him.

Juntai
I have read all the recent issue

How does that allow superman to stop himself getting Drained?

He absorbs as he gets stresses ? so what these character are type who can blow up the sun and stop the energy flow from the SUn.

Polaris did the same thing.

Again how can you absorb if the source is blocked?

The new comics are explaining superman’s power doesn’t mean the old tricks don’t work on him. Oh, so now we're arguing on if someone can completely stem energy from Superman altogether? A moment ago it was a discussion on DRAINING Superman, but seeing as that failed you, you need something new to argue so I suppose we can discuss on if someone whos power is to absorb energy can be stemmed from his flow... which I might add, has neither been done, nor stopped to/by Superman, as this aspect of his power is relatively new and no one's tried it. The implications are interesting enough...
The old feats however, were them drawing directly from his cells, not stemming his flow.

kgkg
Oh, so now we're arguing on if someone can completely stem energy from Superman altogether? A moment ago it was a discussion on DRAINING Superman, but seeing as that failed you, you need something new to argue so I suppose we can discuss on if someone whos power is to absorb energy can be stemmed from his flow... which I might add, has neither been done, nor stopped to/by Superman, as this aspect of his power is relatively new and no one's tried it. The implications are interesting enough...
The old feats however, were them drawing directly from his cells, not stemming his flow.
Draining superman still works

All you have done is show that Superman can get energy.

But so what doesn't mean he can't be absorbed

Have you seen any comic where he resisted?

His powers hasn't changed it's just the writers giving reason to his powers.

again all those energy draining etc were recent comic as well.

kgkg
"You think we don't know, do you? About how you're killing our sun? About how you're sucking it dry and destroying this world?"
ya in 4.9 billions years.

wink

Juntai
Draining superman still works

All you have done is show that Superman can get energy.

But so what doesn't mean he can't be absorbed

Have you seen any comic where he resisted?

His powers hasn't changed it's just the writers giving reason to his powers.

again all those energy draining etc were recent comic as well. Yes it IS a change in his powers, or did you not read the old school Man of Steel comics they explained his powers?

What good is DRAINING going to do, when he can just ABSORB it faster? And technically, absorbing energy, from a person who's power is to absorb energy, is kinda stupid concept to begin with.

And Triumph absorbing his energy was back in 94, that's far far from current.
What's the latest time? Issue number?

Juntai
ya in 4.9 billions years.

wink No, he said Superman will destroy EVERYTHING in 4.9 billion years he didn't say that's how long it would take him to kill the sun.

kgkg
Yes it IS a change in his powers, or did you not read the old school Man of Steel comics they explained his powers, by John Byrne?

What good is DRAINING going to do, when he can just ABSORB it faster? And technically, absorbing energy, from a person who's power is to absorb energy, is kinda stupid concept to begin with.

And Triumph absorbing his energy was back in 94, that's far far from current.
What's the latest time? Issue number?
The faster part doesn't make sence to me.

AOS said it would take 4.9 billion for Superman to destroy the Sun

Quasar , SS has absorbed entire stars. Can absorb that much energy instantly.

They don't need 4.9 billion years

Just show Superman absorb only small fraction of Sun’s energy.

kgkg
Here is how long it will take for Superman to destroy the sun.

4.9 billions years.

Quasar etc can drain the Sun cold in moments

dvampire

Just show Superman absorb only small fraction of Sun’s energy.

He's not an energy manipulator, but he does has somthing that whould help him in a fight against characters that try to abosorb his power. smile

Juntai

Just show Superman absorb only small fraction of Sun’s energy. What does Quasar and Surfer have to do anything?

And the faster part doesn't make sense to you?
Let's consider for example.. strawberries on a plate...
I have 10 strawberries on a plate...
Now you take what I have piece by piece...

And then I'll backup a pickup truck to the plate and drop a 1000lbs of strawberries onto the plate. And then run to the next truck.
Now you keep going.

The only way to stop this would be to ebb the flow of energy...

But, it's never been done and never been proven that this could happen.
Since this is new to his powerset.

Again, what's that issue where they drain him recently?

Juntai
Here is how long it will take for Superman to destroy the sun.

4.9 billions years.

Quasar etc can drain the Sun cold in moments Where does it say it would take him 4.9 billion years to absorb it?
Just because he hasn't..?
Living Tribunal hasn't defeated Electra in a swordfight either.

And for that matter, it doesn't even say anything about 4.9 billion years in correlation to the sun. It says Superman will "destroy EVERYTHING" in that time.. See the difference? Absorb energy and destroy everything?

Juntai
I'm not saying Superman can win this fight, because it'd be a longshot if he could.. I'm just saying, draining him doesn't seem like an option. Which is what I've said from the beginning.

kgkg
What does Quasar and Surfer have to do anything?

And the faster part doesn't make sense to you?
Let's consider for example.. strawberries on a plate...
I have 10 strawberries on a plate...
Now you take what I have piece by piece...

And then I'll backup a pickup truck to the plate and drop a 1000lbs of strawberries onto the plate. And then run to the next truck.
Now you keep going.

The only way to stop this would be to ebb the flow of energy...

But, it's never been done and never been proven that this could happen.
Since this is new to his powerset.

Again, what's that issue where they drain him recently?

Stop of energy flow? Did you not read the battle btw Polaris and Superman?

Polaris stops the solar flow. ( and Polaris just has powers of magnetism similar to Magneto)

Genis can do that in much greater extent.

As for you pick a plate of Strawberries, but when you have guys who can eat all the strawberry in moments(that leaves nothing for Superman) the same process will take 4.9 billion years for Superman meaning it takes that long for Superman to absorb all.

Same feats can be done in moments by most cosmic like Quasar.

And again Genis can easily teleport Superman to the Microverse and do that jacking of energy there where all solar energy source can be blocked.

I hope you are not arguing that Superman can win this?

kgkg
Where does it say it would take him 4.9 billion years to absorb it?
Just because he hasn't..?
Living Tribunal hasn't defeated Electra in a swordfight either.

And for that matter, it doesn't even say anything about 4.9 billion years in correlation to the sun. It says Superman will "destroy EVERYTHING" in that time.. See the difference? Absorb energy and destroy everything?
First the guy says he will destroy the SUn.

Superman says: what destroy the Sun

Then he says this is Fact you will destroy everything (earth) 4.9 billion years

What do you think he was talking about? (universe?)

Juntai
Stop of energy flow? Did you not read the battle btw Polaris and Superman?

Polaris stops the solar flow. ( and Polaris just has powers of magnetism similar to Magneto)

Genis can do that in much greater extent.

As for you pick a plate of Strawberries, but when you have guys who can eat all the strawberry in moments(that leaves nothing for Superman) the same process will take 4.9 billion years for Superman meaning it takes that long for Superman to absorb all.

Same feats can be done in moments by most cosmic like Quasar.

And again Genis can easily teleport Superman to the Microverse and do that jacking of energy there where all solar energy source can be blocked.

I hope you are not arguing that Superman can win this? No, read above.
I'm just saying these days it's not as simple as "he just drains his energy".
Because Superman is an energy absorber himself who can in turn just absorb it faster.
'Thats my whole arguement in this thread from the very begining.

Juntai
First the guy says he will destroy the SUn.

Superman says: what destroy the Sun

Then he says this is Fact you will destroy everything (earth) 4.9 billion years

What do you think he was talking about? (universe?) No, hard telling, he was really vague.
But it's pretty factual that he could just funnel the energy at extremely higher rates than he currently is to accomplish it faster as he has no known limit to how much he can do this.

kgkg
No, read above.
I'm just saying these days it's not as simple as "he just drains his energy".
Because Superman is an energy absorber himself who can in turn just absorb it faster.
'Thats my whole arguement in this thread from the very begining.
We will have to see

We still don't know how resisted he is to energy drain.

How about Energy flow draining and blocking of solar energy.

The thing Polaris did? That could work rite

Juntai
We will have to see

We still don't know how resisted he is to energy drain.

How about Energy flow draining and blocking of solar energy.

The thing Polaris did? That could work rite It could possibly work, but that's not what I was arguing, hence why I slightly mocked you for changing it to "he could just block it".

kgkg
It could possibly work, but that's not what I was arguing, hence why I slightly mocked you for changing it to "he could just block it".
ok then

leonheartmm
unless its energy supes, photon wins WITH a single shot, genis vell before gettin his photon tranformation was trading shots with odin! not to mention he single handedly defeated all the gods INSIDE asgard in a matter of minutes, hes above skyfather level definately, and another thing, if he was able to draw away energy from SENTRY than he will ABSOLUTELY be able to draw the entire energy of superman away from him in less than a second{remember that sentry is like superman prime multipled by more than two. he has the power of a million EXPLODING suns}

Beyonder
Photon drains Supes.

ImmortalOne
AAhh........ draining........ the cheapest feat of energy-beings !!!

The Ion
Originally posted by leonheartmm
{remember that sentry is like superman prime multipled by more than two. he has the power of a million EXPLODING suns}
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.