Captain Cold vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
No prep. No PIS/CIS.

Metalmanx
Captain Cold.

OneDumbG0
Cap.

Although Cold's a great villain, and he can hang with guys with crazy powers, this battle seems to come down to a who gets the first hit in. Cap gets frozen by the gun, or Cold gets clonked by the shield. I don't think it'll take a lot of arguing for people to realize Cap has got better reflexes and is quicker on the draw. One clonk to the head and Cold's out.

Draco69
I disagree. This guy (impossible as it may seem...) regularly fights speedsters like the Flash.

So...

OneDumbG0
Just because he regularly fights the Flash doesn't mean he has greater reflexes which allow him to nail Flash. He's a human. He has no superpowers. All he has is a gun. In 'Rogue War,' he had a hell of a time fighting Heat Wave, and he doesn't even move fast. He only nails Flash once when he wasn't paying attention.

Against Cap, if the fight was in close, we all know Cap would knock Cold silly. So if they had some distance its all about who's quicker on the draw and who's more accurate. At best, in terms of who is quicker on the draw, its a tie. But I'd say Cap wins on the accuracy account mostly because of his training, his shield being able to bounce around and Cold's slower reflexes.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Just because he regularly fights the Flash doesn't mean he has greater reflexes which allow him to nail Flash. He's a human. He has no superpowers. All he has is a gun. In 'Rogue War,' he had a hell of a time fighting Heat Wave, and he doesn't even move fast. He only nails Flash once when he wasn't paying attention.

Against Cap, if the fight was in close, we all know Cap would knock Cold silly. So if they had some distance its all about who's quicker on the draw and who's more accurate. At best, in terms of who is quicker on the draw, its a tie. But I'd say Cap wins on the accuracy account mostly because of his training, his shield being able to bounce around and Cold's slower reflexes.

Cold can most likely just freeze the shield when it comes at him.

I need to find some scans of Cold. He has some mad-ass skills though.

jrodslam
All i have to say is this. If Cold gets around to actually freezing Cap, its a wrap.

True Cap does throw the shield with great accuracy. It all depends if Cold is able to dodge and keep his distance. Im thinking Cap want to keep the shield as close to him as possible lol.

DarkCrawler
http://x11.putfile.com/11/30902463610.gif

Juntai
Even if the draw is the same, the beam is faster than the shield.

Draco69
And the shield isn't gonna "deflect" the beam. It will just freeze the shield ALONG with the Captain.

If Cold can somehow react to the Flash fast enough he can react to Cap.

The Ion
Cap wins.

Metalmanx
Cold wins. Easily.

DarkCrawler
Winners don't use drugs:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31015351756.gif&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/31015363049.gif&s=x11

OneDumbG0
Lot of people have tried killing Cap with guns, beams and whatnot. And he usually has no problem getting around that. Why is this situation any different? Heck, throw Batman in this fight, are you guys saying that since Cold's gun is faster than Batman's batarangs that Batman would get his bat-butt handed to him?

By your logic, anyone with a gun can kill Cap since a bullet or a beam is faster than his shield. Does that sound right? I don't think its necessary for me to start posting pictures of Cap dodging flame throwers or laser beams or cosmic cube blasts and whatnot. So I think you guys need a little bit more support than cold beam faster than shield.

kevdude
whos Captain Cold???

OneDumbG0
One of the premier Flash villains. He leads the Rogues, which is basically a conglomeration of all the Flash villains except for a few of the more eccentric ones. He's a regular human and touts a freezing gun like Mr. Freeze's. He's not entirely useless without his gun since he's quite agile and certainly not a knockoff in the physical department. But he doesn't exceed or really even come near the maximum of human potential. He sounds lame, but his charisma and leadership have brought all the Rogues in line under his command.

If I had my comics handy, I would scan a few pics for ya. Still don't think he's got what it takes to bring down Cap.

kevdude
Oh that guy, i always wondered what his name is. Hes got a blueish white coat on and guns yah. k thanks

Bentley
I'm surprised this has been done before.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Cap.

Although Cold's a great villain, and he can hang with guys with crazy powers, this battle seems to come down to a who gets the first hit in. Cap gets frozen by the gun, or Cold gets clonked by the shield. I don't think it'll take a lot of arguing for people to realize Cap has got better reflexes and is quicker on the draw. One clonk to the head and Cold's out.

Bentley
CIS off cold will raise a wall that will freeze the shield and slow it down. Then he throws a grenade with enough range to instant freeze a building and he's done with Steve cool

BattleMage
Captain America with little effort.

Bentley
How? He can't close the gap between them before Cold raises his shields, after that Steve is outmatched.

Caps Conscience
Cap throws the shield with enough force to break the ice wall and decapitate Captain Cold FTW.

/thread

-Pr-
Way to argue in character guys...

cdtm
Originally posted by Bentley
CIS off cold will raise a wall that will freeze the shield and slow it down. Then he throws a grenade with enough range to instant freeze a building and he's done with Steve cool

Yeah, with CIS off Colds a much bigger threat.. Even someone that completely outclasses street levelers like Cassandra Cain or Spidey would be in trouble if he's smart and using his shields and area attacks..

The gun can go wide beam, too, which may be all he needs to use, since it'd be near impossible to dodge...

Daredevil1
Originally posted by cdtm
Even someone that completely outclasses street levelers like Cassandra Cain

Outclassing streets like Joker, two face, Poison vy. Looking inferior to her. Isn't all that impressive.

Too bad she doesn't outclass characters like Cap, Slade, Batman, Shang Chi, Elektra, even new Nightwing she couldn't etc etc.

Batman-Prime
Captain Cold gets iced!

Bentley
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Cap throws the shield with enough force to break the ice wall and decapitate Captain Cold FTW.

/thread

And I suppose the shield moves faster than the Flash and somehow passes throw the Cold Field? no expression

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Captain Cold gets Steve iced!

flirt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.