excuse or for real

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darkjedi132
in the audio commentary: during the duel George Lucas sais "the reason anakin and obiwan's lightsaber switch is because their was a seen before this that obiwan got anakins lightsaber but the scene was cut"

persounly i think its just an excuse for a mistake
-ur thoughts?

Captain REX
No, they wouldn't be stupid enough to accidentally give Hayden and Ewan the wrong lightsabers. It was a matter of cutting film and forgeting to change or reshoot that part of the film.

There was a scene where they somehow swap lightsabers.

darkjedi132
but it dosent make sence without the scene with the lightsaber swap

Ast
Originally posted by darkjedi132
in the audio commentary: during the duel George Lucas sais "the reason anakin and obiwan's lightsaber switch is because their was a seen before this that obiwan got anakins lightsaber but the scene was cut"

-ur thoughts?

I believe that is the reason, that is what I have always thought. Same goes for Palps having Anakin's saber while he fights Mace.

Captain REX
He does?! Never noticed that.

There was also a cut scene from Dooku vs. Anakin in Episode II where Anakin had what appeared to be Obi-Wan's lightsaber but with a green blade.

darkjedi132
never noticed that

Ast
Yeah, I think originally Anakin was in the room when the fight started, and Palps grabbed his saber.

darkjedi132
ur very observent

Ast
Not really, someone pointed it out when the movie came out.

Da preacher
Um, there's an Action figure from Palpatine with Anakin's lightsaber.

The Ones
i always thought that anakin saber with a redblade was to forshadow that he would become a sith. stupid i know but when watching it high def they should have spotted it.

truejedi
Well, i know in the novel, which was written at least while the movie was being made, if not before, there is a scene where obi wan gets both lightsabers, and had a first opportunity to kill anakin, but can't bring himself to do it, so anakin like kicks him in the face and knocks obi's saber out of his hand.

Dr.Gumby
Originally posted by truejedi
Well, i know in the novel, which was written at least while the movie was being made, if not before, there is a scene where obi wan gets both lightsabers, and had a first opportunity to kill anakin, but can't bring himself to do it, so anakin like kicks him in the face and knocks obi's saber out of his hand.

If the is true i wish they had left that scene in.it would have added to that duel alot.

truejedi
Originally posted by Dr.Gumby
If the is true i wish they had left that scene in.it would have added to that duel alot.
I agree, it would have made Obi Wan even more compassionate, having to be Anakin more than once. Being shown up like that would have served to make Vader more filled with rage too.

adamrubin

adamrubin

adamrubin

overlord
Originally posted by Captain REX
No, they wouldn't be stupid enough to accidentally give Hayden and Ewan the wrong lightsabers. It was a matter of cutting film and forgeting to change or reshoot that part of the film.

There was a scene where they somehow swap lightsabers.

Actually they are stupid enough, this kind of stuff constantly happened in A New Hope for example, I've seen something about it on a lightsaber website.
Vader and Obi swapped lightsabers constantly, even beamcolour, and Obi Wan's lightsaber even bended over like some banana.

I don't know if they learned from that first fight in SW, but it is highly probable that they failed to notice stuff like that on more occasions.

Ast
Originally posted by The Ones
i always thought that anakin saber with a redblade was to forshadow that he would become a sith. stupid i know but when watching it high def they should have spotted it.

Foreshadowing to 5 minutes later? stick out tongue

Captain REX
Totally! eek!

Maybe they do it on purpose now, just for laughs from the good old days? stick out tongue

The green lightsaber seems very much like Obi-Wan's and different from the green lightsaber he uses in the film.

Da preacher
The green one's just like the one of Gui Gon.

adamrubin
but with obiwans ball at the bottom

overlord
Originally posted by Captain REX
Attachment

Nice pic, with the three lightsaber beams.

Eleonora

-ur thoughts?

To tell you the truth I hadn't even noticed paperbag3

chinabing
Obi & Ani's lightsabers at the Geonosis battle were thrown to them by some Lucasfilm employees posing as jedi knights. So the Dooku battle lightsabers were not their own...

Tangible God
but it dosent make sence without the scene with the lightsaber swap There isn't much sense to getting the people back on set to refilm 3 seconds of action over such a trivial matter.

The Ones
but if it meant stopping the fans from backlashing...

Tangible God
Originally posted by The Ones
but if it meant stopping the fans from backlashing... Who cares about the backlashers? They're fanboys who b*tch about the tiniest mistake.

It's a movie, movie's have bloopers.

JKozzy

-ur thoughts? I knew that long ago, when I read the book. Fairly logical, movies do get scenes cut; they're not going to reshoot because a lightsaber hilt is going to make a few people b!tch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.