genis v king thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
my most hated phrase in this forum -- genis beat king thor.

really?

PROVE IT WITH A SCAN!!

until said time, i call bullsh!t on anyone who's made that statement or claim. king thor would UTTERLY WRECK genis!! don't think so -- prove otherwise.

btw, if the scans DO come to light, i will gladly apologize for my disbelief. but, if NO ONE comes up with the goods, i say the phrase genis beat king thor should never be uttered again!

IMPERIUS REX!! (coudln't think of anything better to end my rant on . . . oh well, jrod will like it . . .) big grin

Beyonder
joesha28

http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marv18qq.jpg
http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marv21nd.jpg
http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marv31iy.jpg

King Thor makes a hit....King Thor 1- Genis 0
http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marv40po.jpg

Genis makes a hit.... King Thor 1- Genis 1
http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marv56or.jpg

Interupted........
http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marv60bh.jpg

The Ion
The whole claim is ridiculous. Not only do they claim he beat Thor but they claim he toyed with him as well. laughing

Almost as bad as the "Wolverine took a nuke" claim.

Beyonder
Originally posted by The Ion
The whole claim is ridiculous. Not only do they claim he beat Thor but they claim he toyed with him as well. laughing

Almost as bad as the "Wolverine took a nuke" claim.

That ended, but the fight against the frost giants began.

Heard claims that Thor couldn't take out the frost giants while Genis, however, did solo one frost giant.

Scans for this anyone? joesha28?

The Ion
Originally posted by Beyonder
That ended, but the fight against the frost giants began.

Heard claims that Thor couldn't take out the frost giants while Genis, however, did solo one frost giant.

Scans for this anyone? joesha28?
Genis blindsided one Frost Giant and shot him through the eye/skull. Thor was about to wreck one of them when Genis showed him Odin's secret shame and decided to give the Frost Giants what they were owed.

Beyonder
Genis blindsided one Frost Giant and shot him through the eye/skull. Thor was about to wreck one of them when Genis showed him Odin's secret shame and decided to give the Frost Giants what they were owed.

Oh come on, it's more fun when you show scans.

leonidas
Originally posted by Beyonder
joesha28

http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marv18qq.jpg
http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marv21nd.jpg
http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marv31iy.jpg

King Thor makes a hit....King Thor 1- Genis 0
http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marv40po.jpg

Genis makes a hit.... King Thor 1- Genis 1
http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marv56or.jpg

Interupted........
http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marv60bh.jpg

THAT CONSTITUTES THE 'OWNING' OF KING THOR!!???

omfg, you MUST be kidding. you know, there is more sh!t spouted on this forum at times . . .

seriously, that is un-f'n-believeable . . .

btw, thanks beyonder for the scans. you've helped lay to rest one of the forums greatest fallacies.idiocies . . .

we can both sleep well tonight my friend . . . big grin

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by leonidas
THAT CONSTITUTES THE 'OWNING' OF KING THOR!!???

omfg, you MUST be kidding. you know, there is more sh!t spouted on this forum at times . . .

seriously, that is un-f'n-believeable . . .

btw, thanks beyonder for the scans. you've helped lay to rest one of the forums greatest fallacies.idiocies . . .

we can both sleep well tonight my friend . . . big grin

Wow, I don't ever think I've seen you so annoyed.

leonidas
i hate when i don't know something and am forced to take others words for it and i am given INCORRECT information. makes me feel like a lemming. and the prevalence of that belief is remarkable. it's come up dozens of times in various threads. genis OWNED king thor.

seriously, that is amazing . . .

Avalonofthewind
i hate when i don't know something and am forced to take others words for it and i am given INCORRECT information. makes me feel like a lemming. and the prevalence of that belief is remarkable. it's come up dozens of times in various threads. genis OWNED king thor.

seriously, that is amazing . . .

I know how you feel. Half assed info is all over this forum.

leonheartmm
im giving it to genis, he nt only showed power at the very least equal to king thor, but also single handedly defeated most of the asgardians, and among other feats, took on sentry which isnt sunthig king thor could do.

leonidas
really?? they exchanged one shot -- thor didn't even USE odin's power, just his hammer, and you leap to the idea they are AT LEAST equal?? no

and now sentry can beat odin/king thor as well??? cripes . . .

well, that explains how some things get started 'round here . . .

censored2

(ps-regular, classic thor, has ripped apart the forces of asgard as well, as did ss and warlock and others, but ss was ONE-PUNCHED by odin!! the average asgardian is not that powerful . . .)

leonheartmm
really?? they exchanged one shot -- thor didn't even USE odin's power, just his hammer, and you leap to the idea they are AT LEAST equal?? no

and now sentry can beat odin/king thor as well??? cripes . . .

well, that explains how some things get started 'round here . . .

censored2

(ps-regular, classic thor, has ripped apart the forces of asgard as well, as did ss and warlock and others, but ss was ONE-PUNCHED by odin!! the average asgardian is not that powerful . . .)

what do u mean he did not use odin's power? he IS odin's power in living form, anything he does has odin's power and not every1 of those BEAT the whole of asgard thas bull, asgardians are extremely strong. and yes sentry can MOST DEFINATELY beat king thor and odin.

leonidas
i could show scans of ss wiping out (easily) legions of asgardians, but there's no point. drax and aw did the same. i'm ENORMOUSLY curious as to just how it is you're so sure sentry can beat odin? back it up with a feat he HAS DONE, not on some speculation or hearsay about the character, please.

and thor very casually tossing his hammer is an unleashing of the odin force? eer what exactly did thor's gaining odin's power do to increase the power of one of his throws -- a very casual one at that? blink it was clear thor was not taking genis seriously, or as a serious threat. how in god's name do you jump to the idea 'they are at least equals' when they never even fought??

leonheartmm
oh god the fanboys are killing me.

lemme ask u sumthing what makes u think that when he throws his hammer he DOESNT have the odin force?! the odin force not only gives him new abilities but is a PASSIVE trait gained by thor, it is an INCREASE in power of thor by many many times which means that everything king thor now does is a LOT more powerful because OF the odin force. thats why he is KING THOR to begin with. secondly u say that king thor was OBVIOUSLY not taking him seriously, are u freakin stupid! genis destroyed most of the asgardians, the very responsibility of king thor, and king thor wanted to TEACH THE MORTAL A LESSON! i wouldnt even call that being close to not taking genis seriously and after that genis just gets up and directs a photon blast against king thor, now was it just me or was king thor's face screwed up in OBVIOUS pain? afterwards genis also kills a frost giant with a single shot while king thor isnt even able to kill a single one, now what does that prove? and that was genis, photon is even more powerful than that genis
and as for sentry, hes beaten terrax, stalemated galactus, and has the power of a MILLION EXPLODING suns{thas supernovea btw} and even if that is a lil hyped hes been stated by marvel to be the most powerful superhero ever and photon beat him{with a lil bit of tactics} and hey lets not forget that genisvell killed eternity, destroyed the universe and killed entropy and reverted the universe's death and HEY he can also teleport vastly powerful beings to the microverse. he also has rock jone's destiny force potential in him and that can give him time travelling powers among others.

sam_drugbringer
Your shouting proves you haven't read any of the Thor comics leading up to that.

Thor dosen't use the Odinforce when throwing his hammer or other feats of power. His "Teaching him a lesson" remark was beacuse, last time they met, Normal Thor was more powerful, so he though throwing it would be enough.

Thor didn't seem very mad for somebody who suposedly killed all sorts of his countrymen.

The power of a million exspoldeing suns is a cachphrase, not a feat. I doubt anyone's measured Sentry's powered and detirmened that's how powerful he is.

Thor has time travled on many an occation.

Mr _Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I know how you feel. Half assed info is all over this forum.

There is one you can always rely on for the truth smile

It is not Galactic Storm.

Keep the faith smile

Whirly is back rock

wannabe
I'm not at all a fanboy of Thor or Genis...i do not even read their comics regularly, but from what i read and saw in this thread alone, i have to agree with leonidas.

sam_drugbringer
Oh, and Stalemateing Galactus means little as well. Quasar did it for a few minitues.

leonheartmm
ok heres a simple question for all fanboys if defeating galactus, eternity and killing entropy isnt enough for a character to be accepted as above king thor than what exactly would he have to do to PROVE that he can indeed defeat king thor?

sam_drugbringer
When did he defeat Galactus?

And besides, Eterinity's a bit of a jober. Isin't he geting beat by that flame headed guy in defenders as we speak? I'm not at all sure it's clear how powerful he is.

In fact, I don't know how powerful ANY of thoes comic forces are. They've all been bested by plenty of guys. And, by nature, is a person able to bring the dead back to life not more powerful then Death?

The Ion
Beating Eternity? Post a scan. Oh thats right, you can't! Captain Marvel #5 ends with Genis and Entropy going to fight Eternity and Captain Marvel #6 begins with Eternity already destroyed. laughing

sam_drugbringer
I WISH I COULD AGREE WITH YOU ION BUT I CANNOT AGREE WITH THE HEAD OF MULLET!!!!

The Ion
Mullets are coming back, my friend!

leonheartmm
i was talking about sentry defeating galactus and isnt it QUITE obvious that genis vell defeated eternity if he went at it in the previous issue and it was defeated in the next? and also what about entropy, genis defeated entropy too. oh yea, sum1 who can resurrect sum1 is DEFINATELY not above death. this is getting ridiculous anyway, the ABSTRACTS are far FAR beyond the likes of skyfather's and galactus level people. that is a fact that cant be changed very few forces have ever stood up agaist them.

sam_drugbringer
Strange has.

The Ion
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
Strange has.
Well by god I guess that means old Stephen is right up there with Tribunal and Spectre.

leonheartmm
Well by god I guess that means old Stephen is right up there with Tribunal and Spectre.

actually hes resisted the power of the living tribunal and the infinity gauntlett too, strange is actually one of the very VERY few that can be said to be abstract level and higher. other than him theres only the IG and THOTU, going by actual feats. no1 else has shown to be on par with the abstracts, no character anyway, other than franklin richards. a few have resisted eternity like dormammu but then had their ass beaten, only cyttorak has proven to be a problem for eternity.

leonidas
<<ok heres a simple question for all fanboys if defeating galactus, eternity and killing entropy isnt enough for a character to be accepted as above king thor than what exactly would he have to do to PROVE that he can indeed defeat king thor?>>

fanboys?eer

(A) i asked for scans showing me genis owning king thor. if you call those scans evidence of such nothing i can say will help you.

(B) to answer your question -- well, i guess he could BEAT king thor for a start . . . hell, according to sam, he was losing to NORMAL thor!

<<Your shouting proves you haven't read any of the Thor comics leading up to that.
Thor dosen't use the Odinforce when throwing his hammer or other feats of power. His "Teaching him a lesson" remark was beacuse, last time they met, Normal Thor was more powerful, so he though throwing it would be enough.
Thor didn't seem very mad for somebody who suposedly killed all sorts of his countrymen.
The power of a million exspoldeing suns is a cachphrase, not a feat. I doubt anyone's measured Sentry's powered and detirmened that's how powerful he is.
Thor has time travled on many an occation.>>

yes

<<I'm not at all a fanboy of Thor or Genis...i do not even read their comics regularly, but from what i read and saw in this thread alone, i have to agree with leonidas.>>

yes

funny that all i did was ask for evidence that clearly doesn't exist, then you hop in screaming at the top of your lungs that we are stupid and fanboys. the scans SHOWED NOTHING. have you SEEN the odin force unleashed? hell, that throw was nothing for even REGULAR thor. i've yet to see any scans to support your argument, btw.

how about being less insulting and simply more knowledgeable.

leonheartmm
<<ok heres a simple question for all fanboys if defeating galactus, eternity and killing entropy isnt enough for a character to be accepted as above king thor than what exactly would he have to do to PROVE that he can indeed defeat king thor?>>

fanboys?eer

(A) i asked for scans showing me genis owning king thor. if you call those scans evidence of such nothing i can say will help you.

(B) to answer your question -- well, i guess he could BEAT king thor for a start . . . hell, according to sam, he was losing to NORMAL thor!

<<Your shouting proves you haven't read any of the Thor comics leading up to that.

i never said genis owned king thor, if such a thing had already happened and i wudv said it, then i would post scans, he did stalemate him at the very least and has shown much greater power than him. and again its a SIMPLE question, if killing entropy eternity or stalemating galactus doesnt qualify any1 for being above odin or king thor level then WHAT DOES?
Thor has time travled on many an occation.>>

yes

<<I'm not at all a fanboy of Thor or Genis...i do not even read their comics regularly, but from what i read and saw in this thread alone, i have to agree with leonidas.>>

yes

funny that all i did was ask for evidence that clearly doesn't exist, then you hop in screaming at the top of your lungs that we are stupid and fanboys. the scans SHOWED NOTHING. have you SEEN the odin force unleashed? hell, that throw was nothing for even REGULAR thor. i've yet to see any scans to support your argument, btw.

how about being less insulting and simply more knowledgeable.

leonheartmm
i never said genis owned king thor, if such a thing had already happened and i wudv said it, then i would post scans, he did stalemate him at the very least and has shown much greater power than him. and again its a SIMPLE question, if killing entropy eternity or stalemating galactus doesnt qualify any1 for being above odin or king thor level then WHAT DOES?

sam_drugbringer
Plenty of people have stalemated Galactus. Hell, Thor without the Odin-force once made him go away.

entropy and eternity is not evidence, beacuse it's unclear what the F*** happened there.

leonheartmm
and another thing leonides, and every one else her, what do u think exactly IS the odin force? i mean whats ur definition of it? does the narrator have to say WITH THE MIGHT OF HIS FATHER, "ODIN'S" POWER, KING THOR HURLED MLIJNOR AT GENIS VELL? the odin force is odin's power thats it, everything king thor does is many MANY times more powerful than normal thor BECAUSE of the odin force, its like getting the power of the infinity gauntlett which is just POWER, than punching sum1{lets assume adamwarlock has the gauntlett} does that punch or infact anything done that warlock previously could do{like forceblasts} NOT contain the power of the infnity gauntlett?! its just like sayin oh NO thats not the power of the infinity gauntlett thats just warlock's own strength. lol. the odinforce is PASSIVE and the thing is, thor cant be KING thor without it, and if he is king thor, he is using the odin force and it is also present in his every action.

sam_drugbringer
Did you read Any of the thor books where he was king thor?

You're wrong. Thor himseld states as much several times.

leonheartmm
Plenty of people have stalemated Galactus. Hell, Thor without the Odin-force once made him go away.

entropy and eternity is not evidence, beacuse it's unclear what the F*** happened there.

it id quite clear what happened, entropy used genis/rickones to destroy the universe and kill eternity, then in the void of nothingness rickjones with the power of jenis {and cured of his insanity} shot entropy and recreated the universe, besides, what OTHER explanations do u have for what happened?

leonheartmm
Did you read Any of the thor books where he was king thor?

You're wrong. Thor himseld states as much several times.

hmmmm, AM I? are u saying that thor can now become kingthor WITHOUT the odin force {remember KINGTHOR is a skyfather}

sam_drugbringer
Yep... at least partially true. Genis was used by another cosmic entity, Entropy, the son of Eternity (I), to kill his father so that he could take over in the Crazy Like A Fox story-arc. Entropy succeeded, leaving only Genis, Rick Jones (whose trapped in the Microverse), Epiphany (Entropy's sister) and Entropy the lone survivors of the battle (even the universe was destroyed). Entropy then recreated the universe.

So you see, he didn't survive on his own.

long pig
Get 'em leonidas, get 'em!

sam_drugbringer
Kingthor is just a title representing he has the odinforce. It dosen't mean he uses it in all his actions.

leonheartmm
Yep... at least partially true. Genis was used by another cosmic entity, Entropy, the son of Eternity (I), to kill his father so that he could take over in the Crazy Like A Fox story-arc. Entropy succeeded, leaving only Genis, Rick Jones (whose trapped in the Microverse), Epiphany (Entropy's sister) and Entropy the lone survivors of the battle (even the universe was destroyed). Entropy then recreated the universe.

So you see, he didn't survive on his own.

genis was used i accept that, but he was used BECAUSE he could kill eternity and destroy the universe, and in ur post u actually ADMIT that he destroyed eternity

now for the thing with him not surviving on his own, WHERE DO U GET THAT?! there isnt even a hint of entropy or apiphany using their own power for his survival, just like warlock survived outside the universe, genis did too. and entropy did not RECREATE the universe, read the comic more carefully, genis asks entropy what he would do now, n entropy says he doesnt know and they have a lil talk on eternity than entropy asks genis what next and genis says sumthin like "go back to the beginning!" and points an aimed blast at him and the universe is recreated, it wasentropy's death that recreated the universe.

Lucid Lui
Also, Thor knew Genis as a friend. Obviously Genis was pissing him off, but Thor's not just gonna try and kill Genis with his most powerful attack. He was just trying to make him leave.

leonheartmm
Kingthor is just a title representing he has the odinforce. It dosen't mean he uses it in all his actions.

thats RIDICULOUS, king thor is a sky father, he is what he is BECAUSE of the inherited odin force, odin force is just POWER, that can be used for anything it is PART of king thor, its like a bodybuilder has muscles and u say no no, he only HAS them he doesnt use them unless he wants to, he is a bodybuilder BECAUSE he has muscles they are part of him, u cant just seperate the two.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Also, Thor knew Genis as a friend. Obviously Genis was pissing him off, but Thor's not just gonna try and kill Genis with his most powerful attack. He was just trying to make him leave.

oh yea thats why he was TRYING TO TEACH THE MORTAL A LESSON RIGHT? and from my knowledge, thor and genis were never friends{im not even sure genis had any friends due to his insanity} thor was a friend of captain MAR-VELL, but not genis vell{marvel's son}

Lucid Lui
omg, saying he's got to teach him a lesson doesn't mean he's going all out. In fact King Thor probably wouldn't even think Genis would be in his league. Why would he attack at full power, when he just wants Genis to leave?

leonheartmm
well then if you stay stuff like that with NO real reason or logic from the comic book pages i can use the same thing and say, genis probably wouldnt even go anywhere near fullout on him with the blast that HURT king thor because hed destroyed the entire universe before even in his weaker days{and that actually has a bit of logic to it} king thor obviously wasnt in his league, why would he attack at full power when he just wants king thor to fall from grace?

Lucid Lui
That's fine. All i'm saying is, when people say there going to teach someone a lesson in comics, it doesn't mean they're trying to kill them. And Thor certainly wouldn't have been trying. He recognised him. He wouldn't just outright try and kill him, if all he wants is for Genis to leave.

ImmortalOne
leonhart, are you on GEnis or KT's side ??

leonidas
Originally posted by leonheartmm
and another thing leonides, and every one else her, what do u think exactly IS the odin force? i mean whats ur definition of it? does the narrator have to say WITH THE MIGHT OF HIS FATHER, "ODIN'S" POWER, KING THOR HURLED MLIJNOR AT GENIS VELL? the odin force is odin's power thats it, everything king thor does is many MANY times more powerful than normal thor BECAUSE of the odin force, its like getting the power of the infinity gauntlett which is just POWER, than punching sum1{lets assume adamwarlock has the gauntlett} does that punch or infact anything done that warlock previously could do{like forceblasts} NOT contain the power of the infnity gauntlett?! its just like sayin oh NO thats not the power of the infinity gauntlett thats just warlock's own strength. lol. the odinforce is PASSIVE and the thing is, thor cant be KING thor without it, and if he is king thor, he is using the odin force and it is also present in his every action.

really? so had king thor walked up and shaken genis' hand, would the odin force have been present and made king thor's handshake 'many MANY times more powerful' than the regular thor's handshake? if he clapped him on the shoulder would the pat on the back have been many MANY times more powerful? ridiculous, but, by your logic, apparently the case because the odin power is in everything thor does and it is apparently beyond thor's ability to tone it down or not even use it if he chooses. there is a degree to which the power can be used. by that scan, it certainly doesn't appear thor put much effort into the toss.

and was mjollnir remade by king thor? was it granted new powers by king thor so that this casual toss was many MANY times more powerful than it would have been had 'regular thor' tossed it? another silly bit of logic because mjollnir has ALWAYS been at odin's level. and it has certainly been shown to be able to do a whole HELL of a lot more than what that casual toss at genis did . . .

honestly, there really are too many holes in that logic to go into. you obviously like genis, but the claims you are making are ludicrous. genis is now at the level of the abstracts? confused

you want to think he can beat odin, that is your perogative. i asked for scans showing me that genis beat king thor because i'd heard it said so many times. CLEARLY those scans show NOTHING of the sort. nothing even remotely close to that happening, in fact. in battle with set, odin has shown power to shake the MULTIVERSE. genis may have his one -- apparently very unclear -- feat, but odin's power is FAR beyond reproach. you need to show me a lot more of genis before i'd ever buy into the idea that he is above skyfather and hence WELL ABOVE EVERY HERO IN BOTH MARVEL AND DC AND LIKELY ANY OTHER COMICBOOK COMPANY.

ImmortalOne
SO KING THOR WINS ??

leonidas
yes

least until genis is SHOWN doing something that would change my mind. has he fought ss? quasar? what are his good showings? anyone?

sam_drugbringer
Even if he outright beat SS or Quasar it means nothng. Odin has Humiliated SS with ease.

leonheartmm
im on genis's side ofcourse. hes killed eternity, and entropy. defeated most of asgard, stood up against sentry, and has tons of other feats. let armando get in here{where the hell is he anyway}

leonheartmm
and HOW many times do i have to say this king thor IS "KING" thor BECAUSE he has the odin force, the odin force is INNATE power. it boosts EVERYTHING{offensive} so anything thor does now will be a LOT more powerful throws, magic, forceblasts punches ANYTHING.

long pig
King Thor is King because he took Odin's place as the king of Asgard. He was the King for a bit without the Odin power.

The Odin Force seems to be like the Power cosmic, he needs to amp himself with it to utilize it for physical attacks.

leonidas
<<it boosts EVERYTHING{offensive} so anything thor does now will be a LOT more powerful throws, magic, forceblasts punches ANYTHING.>>

what about any shields he uses? those are defensive.

let's imagine the hammer was a tennis ball and he was playing catch with genis. odin tosses him the ball and thor (regular) tosses him the ball. are you saying odin's toss is more potent than thor's? in order to make that true, the odin power would need to be IMBUED into the item -- ie odin COULD make the ball a deadly weapon by charging it with his power but just because he is odin does not make his toss 'innately' more powerful than thor's or yours or mine! in that scan i see nothing that would indicate there was any additional power inbued in the hammer -- i'll contend thor (regualr thor) has caused his hammer to do FAAARRRRRRRR more than what was shown.

Cosmic Cube
King Thor owns.

leonidas
seriously cc, have you LOOKED at those scans and read this thread?? is it just me?!?confused1

Wickerman
then WHAT DOES?

Cracking a celestial dome, beating drax and SS with one single hit, fighting another skyfather and shaking multiverses as a consequence......ya know.....that kinda stuff. smile

~wickerman~

the Darkone
King Thor wins, King Thor with the odinforce is pretty much unbeatable. Genis is good but not that good, you are talking about a Skyfather who powers are limitless as where genis had to recharge. King Thor will smite Genis with a thought.

King Thor 10/10

Rune King Thor no contest.

leonheartmm
ok so wait again i ask u people WHO exactly would genis have to beat before being on par with odin{simple answer please} and are you saying that king thor or odin has power enough to affect the multiverse? are u sayin hes equal to LT?!

leonidas
show me scans of what happened with that whole eternity thing. according to some, what happened was pretty unclear. btw, are you contending then that genis is equal to an abstract? what are some of his other feats?

The Ion
ok so wait again i ask u people WHO exactly would genis have to beat before being on par with odin{simple answer please} and are you saying that king thor or odin has power enough to affect the multiverse? are u sayin hes equal to LT?!
It doesn't take LT level power to shake the multiverse. You're underestimating skyfathers.

leonidas
er, leon, these are YOUR words in the genis respect thread:

<<im still confused about him killing entropy though, wast that genis with rickjones and his destiny force?>>

doesn't sound to clear to me . . . apparently even YOU have questions about that feat.

the whole respect thread has ZERO scans (oops, sorry, ONE scan of him breaking someone's neck) to back up anything that was said by armando. and frankly, when the NUMBER ONE feat is said by armando to be this:

<<Toyed with King Thor>>

well, let's just say that doesn't make me want to jump up and believe anything else that follows . . .

'toyed' with king thor???? blink

leonheartmm
well ofcourse i had problems believing it, i wasnt chalenging it actually happening but u know abstracts are WAY beyond the likes of normal heroes which is why its confusing to think of strange or genis just killin or stalematin one.

leonheartmm
but just like king thor scarin away galactus once i ADMIT that it happened.

Wickerman

Has he ever even beaten SS? if i see him beat SS, i'll admit he's below Thanos. If i then see him beat Thanos i'll admit he's below Odin or King Thor. If i see him beat Odin or King Thor, i'll admit he's better than Odin or King Thor smile

Simple answer.

~wickerman~

leonidas
<<Has he ever even beaten SS? if i see him beat SS, i'll admit he's below Thanos. If i then see him beat Thanos i'll admit he's below Odin or King Thor. If i see him beat Odin or King Thor, i'll admit he's better than Odin or King Thor

Simple answer.>>

yes

<<but just like king thor scarin away galactus once i ADMIT that it happened.>>

galactus' power fluctuates madly. a few earth heroes nearly KILLED him. eternity's powers does NOT change, nor does the power of the abstracts. BIG difference between someone chasing g away and someone beating eternity or entropy. what level IS entropy, anyway? is he equal to eternity?

leonheartmm
yes he was equal to eternity, he was eternity's son{maybe even higher than eternity as he says he is BEYOND the cosomos, beyond its perimiters and parameters}

leonidas
then, seriously, does it make sense genis just walked up and beat him with his own powers?? you do understand what that would imply if he did so.

i'm not sure WHAT happened there, but there must have been some plot device used. heroes -- even cosmic ones -- don't beat abstracts one on one.

leonheartmm
also i was talkin about him defeating any1 other than a skyfathers or odin n king thor.

armandovalles
im on genis's side ofcourse. hes killed eternity, and entropy. defeated most of asgard, stood up against sentry, and has tons of other feats. let armando get in here{where the hell is he anyway}

Im trying not to get involved unless im forced to prove that Genis is indeed at least equal to KT.

And yes, im arrogant, but when it comes to info on Genis, i have a right to be.

yahman
Originally posted by Mr _Whirlysplat
There is one you can always rely on for the truth smile

It is not Galactic Storm.

Keep the faith smile

Whirly is back rock

laughing laughing

Ohhh this thread is very funny. big grin

leonidas
<<Im trying not to get involved unless im forced to prove that Genis is indeed at least equal to KT.>>

go ahead and prove it. aside from leon, no one 'round here believes it. just be sure to prove it through scans and feats that REALLY happened. for instance -- saying genis 'toyed' with kt is clearly and UTTERLY a GROSS exaggeration more appropriately called a fallacy or 'load of bullsh!t, if you will . . .

prove he beat an abstract, please. prove he beat anyone who is skyfather or above. i (and i daresay most others in this thread) would LOVE to see it . . .

<<Ohhh this thread is very funny.>>

it HAS had its moments . . .

big grin

armandovalles
alright bro no problem. First, ill prove he's more powerful than the Surfer, since everyone still thinks Surfer is the most powerful hero. Well, i dont have scans, but remember when Surfer and Thanos fought Odin? well, Surfer blasted Odin with everything he had, and it didnt even phase Odin. And King Thor is equal to Odin, and when KT got blasted by Genis, he sure as hell felt it. And im sure that wasnt even a full-powered blast from Genis. So i think that proves that Genis is more powerful than the Surfer.

Number 2. Now ill prove Genis is indeed at least equal to King Thor. I dont remember where someone posted it, but i remember someone posted a pic of Genis @ full power destroying all the Armada's and most of the Empires of the Shi'Ar, Kree, and Skrulls all at the same time, "without even leaving his house". If someone could find that scan it would be appreciated, it's from CM (2002-03) #21. Plus, if u really wanna get specific, Genis didnt even grunt when he got hit by Mjolnir (WHICH WAS POWERED UP FROM THE ODINFORCE!) , i mean, sure, he flew out the wall and everything, but that's just cuz Mjolnir was pushin him, and when he got up, i think he proved that it didnt really affect him, all it did was get him pissed off, and after Genis blasted KT back King Thor wasnt seen for the rest of that issue or the beginning of the next one, nor did the Storm Giants even notice him, therefore that means he musta been hurt.

Also, yes, we have no proof on to what happenned with the killing of Eternity, but we did see Genis kill Entropy in ONE BLAST. That's all it took, one blast. Tell me, could KT kill an abstract with one blast? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT. Im not saying Genis is an abstract-level being, im just saying that he has the power to easily rock the multiverse and that he probly has the potential to be at the level of abstracts, but so far he has only had one showing (the one with the Empires i stated above) that would back up that claim, but that showing puts him damn near Abstracts.

Also, he's shown he can overcome the boundaries of Death when he resurrected Burstaar after he KILLED him earlier in that issue.

I can state alot more stuff to prove my point if i have to, but i dont really think i have to state anymore, i think ive just proven it. So overall, yes, i think Genis is far more powerful than KT, i'd say he represents the level between Skyfather's and Abstracts, so i'd put him close to or maybe even on par wit guys like Korvac and Tyrant.

yahman
Originally posted by armandovalles
alright bro no problem. First, ill prove he's more powerful than the Surfer, since everyone still thinks Surfer is the most powerful hero. Well, i dont have scans, but remember when Surfer and Thanos fought Odin? well, Surfer blasted Odin with everything he had, and it didnt even phase Odin. And King Thor is equal to Odin, and when KT got blasted by Genis, he sure as hell felt it. And im sure that wasnt even a full-powered blast from Genis. So i think that proves that Genis is more powerful than the Surfer.

Number 2. Now ill prove Genis is indeed at least equal to King Thor. I dont remember where someone posted it, but i remember someone posted a pic of Genis @ full power destroying all the Armada's and most of the Empires of the Shi'Ar, Kree, and Skrulls all at the same time, "without even leaving his house". If someone could find that scan it would be appreciated, it's from CM (2002-03) #21. Plus, if u really wanna get specific, Genis didnt even grunt when he got hit by Mjolnir (WHICH WAS POWERED UP FROM THE ODINFORCE!) , i mean, sure, he flew out the wall and everything, but that's just cuz Mjolnir was pushin him, and when he got up, i think he proved that it didnt really affect him, all it did was get him pissed off, and after Genis blasted KT back King Thor wasnt seen for the rest of that issue or the beginning of the next one, nor did the Storm Giants even notice him, therefore that means he musta been hurt.

Also, yes, we have no proof on to what happenned with the killing of Eternity, but we did see Genis kill Entropy in ONE BLAST. That's all it took, one blast. Tell me, could KT kill an abstract with one blast? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT. Im not saying Genis is an abstract-level being, im just saying that he has the power to easily rock the multiverse and that he probly has the potential to be at the level of abstracts, but so far he has only had one showing (the one with the Empires i stated above) that would back up that claim, but that showing puts him damn near Abstracts.

Also, he's shown he can overcome the boundaries of Death when he resurrected Burstaar after he KILLED him earlier in that issue.

I can state alot more stuff to prove my point if i have to, but i dont really think i have to state anymore, i think ive just proven it. So overall, yes, i think Genis is far more powerful than KT, i'd say he represents the level between Skyfather's and Abstracts, so i'd put him close to or maybe even on par wit guys like Korvac and Tyrant.

I hate it when characters, become unreasonable powerful 4 no reason. smile

What is Photon's power source ? smile

armandovalles
his powers are just, i dunno, his. Like Superman's heat vision and everything, he was just born with it. Then the Nega Bands amped those abilities, and now recently he has absorbed the Nega Bands and mastered his cosmic awareness making him more powerful than ever.

armandovalles
so there ya go Leonidas u wanted me to prove it so i did. Now i think this thread is done, i won, plain and simple, it's over.

The Ion
When he destroyed the Kree, Skrull and Shi'ar, that was due to his older self (about 200 years older to be exact) joining with his younger self. It was basically Experience + Power = Maximum Efficiency. It remains to be seen if he'll ever hit that level again but yes, that Genis is skyfather level but still not abstract though.

yahman
When he destroyed the Kree, Skrull and Shi'ar, that was due to his older self (about 200 years older to be exact) joining with his younger self. It was basically Experience + Power = Maximum Efficiency. It remains to be seen if he'll ever hit that level again but yes, that Genis is skyfather level but still not abstract though.

I've seen the scan, very impressive, but this explanation makes little sense. What the hell do the thingy bands do ?

The Ion
Originally posted by yahman
I've seen the scan, very impressive, but this explanation makes little sense. What the hell do the thingy bands do ?
Maybe you should read the damn comic!

No seriously. It makes perfect sense. Young Genis has a lot of power but lacks the experience to use it correctly. Old Genis had the experience but lacked the raw power seeing as he was crippled (thats funny, if he was so powerful he wouldn't have gotten crippled). When they combined they got the best of both.

yahman
Maybe you should read the damn comic!

No seriously. It makes perfect sense. Young Genis has a lot of power but lacks the experience to use it correctly. Old Genis had the experience but lacked the raw power seeing as he was crippled (thats funny, if he was so powerful he wouldn't have gotten crippled). When they combined they got the best of both.

Right smile

But what do the Nega bands do ?

The Ion
The Nega-Bands convert psionic energy stored within Genis' cells into increased strength, grant him increased resilience, the power of flight, the ability to fire beams of any energy type from the bands, and the ability to survive unprotected in space.

yahman
The Nega-Bands convert psionic energy stored within Genis' cells into increased strength, grant him increased resilience, the power of flight, the ability to fire beams of any energy type from the bands, and the ability to survive unprotected in space.

Whys he got soo much energy stored in hiis cells, how cum he can warp space ?

The Ion
Warp space as in alter reality? He doesn't. He's an energy manipulator not unlike Surfer or GL.

leonheartmm
um right, thats how he resurrected a dead being right, just by manipulatin energy.

armandovalles
no Ion currently he has kept all those energy manipulating powers but has also gained the ability to warp space in his newest version from NEw T-Bolts #12 on.

but no he resurrected Burstaar just by transferring some of his energy into Burstaar to sort of "refuel" him.

yahman
Warp space as in alter reality? He doesn't. He's an energy manipulator not unlike Surfer or GL.

In the recent T-Bolt series and the House of M, i was under the impression that his main power was to warp space.

"Warp space as in alter reality?"

This is a bit of a tricky question to answer, but from what i gathered from your perspective, the answer is no !!!!!!!

Space War page is manipulating space time i.e. worm holes etc !!!!!!!

The Ion
What did he do to warp space?

The Ion
um right, thats how he resurrected a dead being right, just by manipulatin energy.
Yes.

leonidas
i'll beg to differ . . .

we may not have seen kt after that blast, but he sure as hell was talking. i'm not sure WHY he didn't get into the fights later (if that IS the case) but i HIGHLY doubt it's because he was 'too hurt'. kt may well have underestimated genis (which seems quite clear) -- i suspect a ready and waiting out for blood kt would have been a slightly greater problem . . .

second, it is PURE speculation on your part that the hammer was amped. what leads you to believe that exactly? same as led leon to believe it most likley. see my argument over his thought processes if that is what you believe . . . i say again -- that notion is ridiculous. as for the fact he did't grunt -- so? his being blasted back by that VERY casual toss, says a lot more than a grunt could say. thor's hammer has absorbed the power of the CELESTIALS and been unfazed, it has shattered exitar's brain dome. and you think that toss somehow was beyond THOSE shots? you must be kidding . . .. if he wanted and willed it, thor (normal thor) could absord genis' power just as he has absorbed ss's power and celestials' power. those are feats thor HAS done. nothing you've said would lead me to believe genis' power is above a friggin' skyfather's let alone a celestials.

<<Also, yes, we have no proof on to what happenned with the killing of Eternity, but we did see Genis kill Entropy in ONE BLAST.>>

no proof. exactly. killed entropy? if he WAS an abstract he couldn't BE killed. as for killing him with one blast -- scan and context to judge that by would be helpful.

as far as destroying fleets -- and? ss has wiped out dozens of 'fleets' as well as legions of asgardians. did the imperial guard interfere? did genis battle gladiator? beating up starships is nothing. odin wants to stop fleets he stops time or erases them. no need to blast them. armadas have simultaneously attacked galactus /beforewhile he is feeding (hence not very powerful) and yet he never notices them.

using his ability to beat up starships doesn't amount to much. hell, ss could turn starships into a glass if he desired.

<<Also, he's shown he can overcome the boundaries of Death when he resurrected Burstaar after he KILLED him earlier in that issue.>>

was it actually proven he was truly dead? again, context and proof are necessary. again armando, many of these 'facts' are bruised in light of your 'he toyed with' king thor opinion. your word is not enough (no offense intended) i need some scans of this.

i AM willing to change my opinion, (i freely admit to knowing very little about genis) but you don't say someone is above skyfather without some solid proof backed by evidence. he seems to be at ss level to me. again, i'll need solid evidence before i'll believe he exceeds ss level, or regular thor level.

so no, you really didn't 'win', though this really isn't that sort of debate. i've asked for proof, you've given words. words that have been shown once already to be pure hyperbole. i admit my mind can be changed. but not without solid proof to back your claims.

genis is now FAR more powerful than kt?? oi vey . . .

armandovalles
just read any of the 3 most current New T-Bolts issues and ull see. for Example, instead of meeting Sentry's "unfathomable energies" head on, he just warped space and directed them away from him with wormholes. That's just oen easy example. He also sent the Purple Man to an unknown part of the multiverse where he would be lost forever. Therefore he "fried his brain" as Songbird said since the PM couldnt handle it.

And dude everything u just said Leonidas is total B.S. u have no idea wut ur talking about. Go actually buy and READ every issue of CM and then come back and talk to me when u know wut ur talking about.

yahman
What did he do to warp space?

In don't know, i was under the impression he was kinda like Blink (Exiles chick), i.e. he can just do it ! smile

The Ion
Originally posted by armandovalles
just read any of the 3 most current New T-Bolts issues and ull see. for Example, instead of meeting Sentry's "unfathomable energies" head on, he just warped space and directed them away from him with wormholes. That's just oen easy example. He also sent the Purple Man to an unknown part of the multiverse where he would be lost forever. Therefore he "fried his brain" as Songbird said since the PM couldnt handle it.
Oh. I thought you were talking about something different. GL and Surfer can open wormholes too. Photon directed them to the microverse.

yahman
Oh. I thought you were talking about something different. GL and Surfer can open wormholes too. Photon directed them to the microverse.

I was under the impression he was absorbing Photons, from across space and time, by re directing them with Space warpage. (Radioaactive man made some reference embarrasment ). I he was also opening wormholes between the 616 time frame and the house of M reality. How the hell can he do this. Has his powers been retconned from the old energy manipulation powers of the Nega bands ?

armandovalles
he still has all his abilities from when he had the Nega Bands. If uve looked, he doesnt wear them anymore because when he got near killed by Atlas and thrown into the Hudson he subconsciously absorbed them while also gaining more powers.

leonidas
<<And dude everything u just said Leonidas is total B.S. u have no idea wut ur talking about. Go actually buy and READ every issue of CM and then come back and talk to me when u know wut ur talking about.>>

ahh, insults, the last refuge of the desperate . . .

leonidas says:

<<go ahead and prove it. aside from leon, no one 'round here believes it. just be sure to prove it through scans and feats that REALLY happened.>>

funny, i see no scans of these 'feats'. i wonder, would they show something as accurate as genis owning and toying with kt?
laughing

you even begged for scans in your respect thread where you spouted all the same stuff. NO ONE GAVE YOU SCANS! what does that tell you? your list of feats reads more like something you pulled from the internet somewhere, or you pulled from some summaries' website. the one scan that was showed had him busting the neck of some 50 tonner! WHOOPDEE! hyperion >>>>>>>> burstarr (hell, SPIDERMAN beat blastarr!!) and gladiator broke HIS neck. does that mean glads>>>>>>>>>>>>>>odin??? maybe spidey>>>>>odin??

when loki tried to get ss to kill thor, ss went to asgard and WRECKED the place!! he was wiping out buildings and warriors left and right. he's done the same to 'armadas'.

genis shunted energy away from him rather than meet it head on -- so?? blink does that imply he couldn't have TAKEN the blast? thor (classic) could have simply absorbed it, like he's absorbed celestial power in the past. ss could likely have absorbed it as well.

oh, and kindly point out one piece of bs i said in my rebuttal, btw . . .

armando, i asked for proof of his deeds -- you gave none. you tell me to go buy his books. why? you say genis>skyfather. well . . . prove it! i don't mean TELL me he is (you also said he toyed with kt and owned kt -- based on the scans, one of the most ridiculous things i've ever heard on this forum) PROVE he is. the burden is on you. you repeatedly made the claim. yet, when you are asked to back it up, you have ZERO proof. don't be mad at me -- get proof of your claims. you haven't even proven to me he's more powerful than ss. (and no, catching thor who was clearly underestimating him with a shot doesn't count as proof -- odin went into his battle FULLY ready, so no, it is NOT the same thing or a fair comparison.)

does having NO proof of your position mean I win? wink

armandovalles
bro no one gave me scans cuz it seems that no one has em except for Ion, who actually, for ur information u dumbass gave me ALOT of scans of Genis in the Comic Book Scans thread. so **** off. And dude, dont say im desperate when were arguing over a Genis topic. I HAVE EVERY CM ISSUE EVER PUT OUT OF GENIS! I HAVE ALL THE AVENGERS FOREVER ISSUES! I HAVE MOST OF HIS GUEST APPEARANCES! U DONT GOT NOTHING ON ME!

And bro, if i had scans i'd show u, but i dont! all i have is the scans posted in the Comic Book Scans thread, go check em out.

leonheartmm
u know its only on kmc u find such a ****ED UP heirarchy. fanboys have completely distorted the whole very OBVIOUS power levels of many individuals they dont like. surfer seems to reaign supreme even to genis, sentry, doomsday, quaysar, and the fallen one, not to mention NATE GREY, CABLE and dr strange! i heard kgkg even try n put up an argument for him against franklin richards! yup FANBOYS!

leonidas
<<bro no one gave me scans cuz it seems that no one has em except for Ion, who actually, for ur information u dumbass gave me ALOT of scans of Genis in the Comic Book Scans thread. so **** off. And dude, dont say im desperate when were arguing over a Genis topic. I HAVE EVERY CM ISSUE EVER PUT OUT OF GENIS! I HAVE ALL THE AVENGERS FOREVER ISSUES! I HAVE MOST OF HIS GUEST APPEARANCES! U DONT GOT NOTHING ON ME!>>

**** off?eer remind me again who started with the insults . . .?

good sound argument . . .

any proof yet? big grin

i win. laughing

<<it seems that no one has em except for Ion, who actually, for ur information u dumbass gave me ALOT of scans of Genis in the Comic Book Scans thread>>

dumbass?eer

oh, and this is what ion said earlier about your 'claim' . . .

<<The whole claim is ridiculous. Not only do they claim he beat Thor but they claim he toyed with him as well.
Almost as bad as the "Wolverine took a nuke" claim.>>

laughing laughing laughing

armandovalles
bro u really are a retard. I never said Ion agreed with me! all i said wuz that he provides all my scans.

leonidas
<<bro u really are a retard. I never said Ion agreed with me! all i said wuz that he provides all my scans.>>

what are you . . . 8? 10? hahahah!!!! why am i arguing with you?? the guy who PROVIDES YOUR PROOF DISAGREES WITH YOUR CLAIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I'M the retard . . .

let's see, you've called me dumbass, retard, told me to **** off AND said i was full of bs. (course, you couldn't prove THAT either . . . :laughsmile

debate over. can you say . . . OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue

armandovalles
bro first of all im 19. Secondly, i never said Ion provided my proof! God dammit dont u listen! I said he provided my SCANS! THAT'S IT! And yes, this debate is over. U wanna know y it's over? cuz u think u know stuff about Genis, but u didnt even read any of his series, I READ EVERY ONE! I KNOW WUT HE'S CAPABLE OF! U DONT KNOW SHIT! U ONLY KNOW WUT OTHER PEOPLE TELL U, THAT'S WUT I LIKE TO CALL A POSER.

leonidas
laughing laughing laughing

OWNED. eek!

armandovalles
no bro i just dont have scans cuz i dont have a mother ****in scanner and now ur startin ta piss me off cuz u dont even acknowledge that i have practically no way of getting scans except either by asking Ion (but he hasnt helped lately) or going to Mile High Comics but they only show the first 3 pages.

leonidas
dude, YOU started with the insults . . .

and how am i supposed to know you don't own a scanner? blink there are a lot of people on this forum. i would have thought SOMEONE who had these books would have a scanner.

anyway, like i said in the other thread -- let me/us beleive what we want. when you get proof, show us.

leonidas
yo, armando, one last thing:

not trying to be a dick but am genuinely curious -- if he IS as powerful as you say, how is it that ATLAS was able to apparently nearly KILL him and make him forget who he is? that's why he is photon now, correct . . .?

armandovalles
yea he was blindsided by Atlas because unknown to them at the time, Genis was being controlled by Purple Man, who made him turn off his cosmic awareness. If he wasnt being controlled by Purple Man his cosmic awareness would have told him wut wuz gonna happen before it did and therefore he wouldve put a shield up or amped his strength and durability and if he did either one of those he wouldnt have even been affected by Atlas much less killed. Cuz without amping, he's only Class 15, therefore his strength and durability arent that great. He never really forgot who he is, he just had alot of trauma because of wut happenned. See, there was kinda a backlash on him because he was killed WHILE BEING CONTROLLED BY THE PURPLE MAN, so wut happenned wuz he kinda absorbed the Purple Man's powers a lil bit, and then when he was thrown into the Hudson he was so badly damaged that he couldnt heal from an external source such as the Nega Bands so he had to actually absorbed them into himself (which is why he doesnt wear them anymore in case u havent noticed) and gained all their powers plus alot more which is why it resulted in him gaining so many new powers.

leonidas
cripes, ask a simple question . . . big grin

interesting stuff though . . .

kgkg
u know its only on kmc u find such a ****ED UP heirarchy. fanboys have completely distorted the whole very OBVIOUS power levels of many individuals they dont like. surfer seems to reaign supreme even to genis, sentry, doomsday, quaysar, and the fallen one, not to mention NATE GREY, CABLE and dr strange! i heard kgkg even try n put up an argument for him against franklin richards! yup FANBOYS! ya man iam such a fan boy.

But you did prove me wrong laughing

Laminator_X
That strike to put the insolent interloper in his place was nothing remotely resembling a full power attack from Thor. His Majesty overcoming the Desak+Destroyer amalgam at the end of the Reigning was. This wasn't remotely close to that.

Another thing to consider is how much of the"Godlike Genis" story was hallucinations and how much was real. It's clear that there was some of both, but there's no obvious deliniation between the two. For the record, I think the trip to Asgaurd happenned as shown.

Beyonder
Genis wins 6-7/10 against King Thor.

King Thor = Thor as king of asgard and little knowledge of Odin force

Rune Thor = Thor w/ knowledge and full use of Odin force.

Thusly, Genis IMO would beat up "King" Thor.

Jesse7
Photon was able to contend with Sentry, Sentry stalemated Galactus and has the power of a million exploding suns, as well as the void in him (was in him). And also called Marvel's most powerful being in the description of the Sentry mini, I think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.