Could ANYTHING have stopped Anakin going to the Darkside?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amity75
I suppose if he hadn't met Padme he wouldn't have been conned into turning. Any thoughts?

randi_jedi
Well if he hadn't met padme then he proally wouldn't have met QG or OB1. Then he wouldn't have been a jedi at all. Maybe sidious or tyrannus would have found him first and he would have been sith all along?

Ushgarak
It's a long-term psychological issue regarding his habit of attachment.

So a long term solution needed, really. The suggestion is that QGJ could have trained him right.

The Ones
Anakin being late to stop Mace from Killing Sidious

Sesse
A suicide could have prevented it.

jollyjim311
My foot in his candy ass would have prevented it. I'da beet the Sith (feel free to rearrange the letters) right outta him.

Oh yeah, and Qui Gon.

ESB- 1138
I believe that 2 things might have stopped his downfall.
1.) If he went with Obi-Wan to kill Grievous
2.) If Obi-Wan stayed and had someone else go kill Grievous

DarkC
Originally posted by Ushgarak

So a long term solution needed, really. The suggestion is that QGJ could have trained him right.
I'm not so sure about that. QCJ was very much like Anakin himself. He defyed the council to do what he thought was right. He's bold and slightly headstrong.

In my opinion, there is a strong possibility that Anakin in fact might have turned out worse if Qui-Gon trained him.

In relating to this thread, however, I believe that winning the fight back on Geonosis against Dooku may have saved him from downfall.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Ushgarak

exactly yes

ArthasKnight
No, Qui-Gon wouldn't have kept telling Anakin to stick to the strict rules of the Jedi like I'm usre Obi-Wan did. Qui-Gon would have told Anakin to listen to your emotions and embrace them instead of holding them back and hiding them like Obi-Wan did. Qui-Gon had a view that differed from many of the Jedi but Anakin was different too. If Qui-Gon had survived, I think the whole situation would have been different.

Blood_Rayne
Maybe if his mommy didn't die.

The Ones
maybe if he had a father

Stun
i think it was due to Anakin tying the knot with Padme - to Palpatine, Padme was Anakin's weakness and he exploited it

Tangible God
If the little bastard got shot down above Naboo like he sould've.

I mean really, he was 9 years f*ckin old for God's sake.

Stun
...and he was guided by the force. Not to mention, he IS the chosen one

Darth Vicious
Maybe if he had a father figure with him all hes life. He was a mommas boy and thats why he had such trouble accepting what was to come and letting go of Padme.

Stun
i seriously think if Qui-Gon was still alive, he would not of failed him

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Sesse
A suicide could have prevented it.
Originally posted by The Ones
Anakin being late to stop Mace from Killing Sidious

i agree with these two the most

JenR1215
If he wasnt taken from his mama... uh.. DAA!! lol

chinabing
Obi-Wan failed Anakin. He should have been a better teacher. Let's face it, in AOTC, Obi was all over Anakin like a cheap suit, nitpicking on every little thing.

But it was also Sidious who messed up Anakin. He spun his master plan to put he and Padme together, making even Yoda raise his eyebrow. He put them together knowing he could lose her and make him come to the dark side.

But Anakin also lived a lie, he should have been drummed out of the order for marrying Padme, but he wanted to be the most powerful Jedi ever. What he should have done was come clean, shucked his years with the Jedi, wish them well, and gone on to be a father back on Naboo. But his pride kept him living the lie.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
No, Qui-Gon wouldn't have kept telling Anakin to stick to the strict rules of the Jedi like I'm usre Obi-Wan did. Qui-Gon would have told Anakin to listen to your emotions and embrace them instead of holding them back and hiding them like Obi-Wan did. Qui-Gon had a view that differed from many of the Jedi but Anakin was different too. If Qui-Gon had survived, I think the whole situation would have been different.

yes it would have, he more than likely wouldnt have turned to the dark side, which was my point after all

Stun
hell, if Qui-Gon could teach Yoda a thing or too - even after death, then he would certainly be able to train Anakin properlywink

preysin
if his mom was alive she would be the onlyone to do it.

JaehSkywalker
isn't shmi's death one of the reasons why ani turned to the dark side, except for his attachment to padme???

Jedi Priestess
Was a combination of things but his fear of losing Padme was the kicker.

Council#13
Yeah i bet if he had saved his mother and qui-gon were still alive anakin wouldnt have turned to the darkside

Captain REX
If something could have done about Anakin's attachement problems, he would have had a better chance of staying on the Light Side of the Force.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by ArthasKnight

I think we should be wary of saying that just because QGJ was a maverick, he therefore would not teach the rules properly.

If this were so, they wouldn't give him a Padawan; as it is, we saw he was quite strict with Obi-Wan. Furthermore, when it came to very important things- not intervening in the Naboo war other than to protect Padme, not using his powers with Boss Nass, not taking Anakin as an apprentice without the Concil's say so (though he was determined to get his way in the end)- Qui-Gon did not defy the rules for the sake of it.

He was a wise man all around- just given to rather risky spontaneous action. But all in all, I think we can all agree that, yes, he would have raised Anakin differently.

Eleonora
If the dreams about his mom hadn't come true many things wouldn't have happened, but that's just one aspect. I don't think it was Obi's fault, it was more about Anakin not being able to choose between a life with his wife and children and his ambitions of greater power.

mace=badass
Or maybe when he had a lightsaber to Palpatine's throat, he shoved it in there.

chinabing
Then maybe the Jedi rules against attachment are wrong.

And, after the fancy Naboo-Gungan celegration, 9-year-old Anakin also should have asked Padme to cash in one of her fancy dresses, go back to Tattooine, and buy his mother's freedom from Watto. Then she would have been safe, thus no bad dreams.

Bicnarok

Ultimate-Venom
Maybe if windu would have just put Palpatine in jail istead of attempting to kill him

overlord
laughing I think Anakin wanted to join Palpatine! Everything tells him Sids was lying about everything and Sids even murdered Mace before his eyes proving Mace was right about Sids being too dangerous to be left alive.
Yet Anakin still buys the crap that jedi are bad and even kills his so called love of his life for the lies of Sidious.

starwarsrules14
"Always turning, the future is." I think something would have happened to make him turn no matter what. It's one of those "What if" things. If he hadn't of fallen in love with Padme he would have become a good little jedi. There would be no Vader, no Luke and Leia, and Obi-Wan would have never become old Ben Kenobi. There would be no purpose for the OT which I believe we all love.

Numo
Well one way of looking at it is that considering that it was because of Darth Plagus that Anakin came to exist, one could say that Anakin's fall to the Dark Side was inevitable.

overlord
Originally posted by Numo
Well one way of looking at it is that considering that it was because of Darth Plagus that Anakin came to exist, one could say that Anakin's fall to the Dark Side was inevitable.
Yeah, well that's just not sure to say..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.