Windu vs Palpie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lesmichaels
I am curious why Mace Windu violates the Jedi code so terribly in his encounter with Palpatine???

spencerspider
wtf did u not see it? Palps had the power of the entire place, he would never be sentenced or put to jail, so no choice but to kill him, even though i dont know why mace raised his arm to kill him instead of just pokin him lol becuz then he had no more of that arm

Da preacher
Um didn't this get discussed a million times by now?

spencerspider
yea but of course some noobie comes along and does it again

Austral_jedi
.....evil is everywhere..........

spencerspider
um ok

steverules
Originally posted by Austral_jedi
.....evil is everywhere..........

Originally posted by spencerspider
um ok

LOL

overlord
Originally posted by lesmichaels
I am curious why Mace Windu violates the Jedi code so terribly in his encounter with Palpatine???

How did he violate any code? By defeating a sith lord who just killed a bunch of jedi in front of him? Or by returning lightning?

Ganner Rhysode
I think he might be seeing things from Anakin's point of view. "It's not the Jedi way, you can't kill him, he needs to be tried," all that.

Or he may be thinking of the EU's Vaapad.

chilled monkey
Mace didn't break the code at all. He went to arrest him and only decided to kill him when it became obvious there would be no point in a trial.

Sir J
palpatine is the chancellor the senate will believe palpatine any way if a sithlord has killed innocent people he deserves to die

but i dont think that coz im on he side of palpatinedev coz hes my favourite character

((The_Anomaly))
hahahah, that was so randomly awesome laughing out loud

"evil is everywhere" awesome man, awesome

steverules
I thad me laughing for ages...and spencerspider's post added even more humour to it.

jollyjim311
The answer is simple, Mace wanted to be the Dark Lord of the Sith.

steverules
LOL sure he did, and yoda's a pixie....

overlord
Actually Yoda was a pixie.

Council#13
This HAS been done like a million times. why did obi violate the code when he killed maul? why did anakin violate it when he killed dooku? (well anakin was a jerk) anyway i guess he had to kill palpatine cause palpatine had control over the clone armies and could have sent it against the jedi

overlord
I don't think Mace was thinking about that.. Imagine Mace saying: "I am going to kill you because you might sent the clones against the jedi!!!"

truejedi
It seems as though part of the Jedi Code is destroying the Sith. It seems like anytime that the Sith are involved, the code goes out the window, and they all do their best to destroy the Sith, and then ask questions later.

overlord
Well, what should jedi do with sith? I can't even picture people capturing Sidious. The guy can electrocute at will, he is probably far too great a risk to hold captive. I personally think there is no other way to deal with them than killing them.

truejedi
Oh, i agree, destroy the Sith! i was saying, it was wise on their part to treat the dark side like that.

overlord
Yeah, I wasn't really replying to you.. I just formulated my comment a bit odd.

Sodo
It would've made sense had Mace killed him. Just a seconds hesitation got him killed.

steverules
I don't get why mace and Qui Gon (sorry if I spelt his name wrong) didn't become jedi ghosts.

jollyjim311
Qui Gon was the first one to do that ever. Hi body wasn't consumed by the force, but his spirit was and he told Yoda and Obi how to do it, more or less.

steverules
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH right, thanx.

Austral_jedi
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
hahahah, that was so randomly awesome laughing out loud

"evil is everywhere" awesome man, awesome

Thaks dude.............. smile smile hahahaha

Lightning_Count
i know qui-gon was the first jedi to do the ghost thing and that he taught yoda who taught obiwan, but who the frikkin hell taught Anakin how to do it????

steverules
I think that it may be possible that he told Anakin as well.

Council#13
Maybe we should all remember what windu said: "He has control of the senate and the courts. he's too dangerous to be kept alive"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.