Nintendogs!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

powerfulone1987
Who else can't wait to get a hold of this game when it comes out August 22.

I know I can't wait.

I don't like how they changed the title though, I think it puppytales or something like that now.

And I still haven't completely chosed which game I am going to get cause they are making three of them.

Each one will have different breeds of dog to choose from.

I am leaning toward the Lab titled one but don't know.

Still can't wait.

This game has done unbelievably good in sales all over and is greatly anticipated over here.

It comes out the day after I move into College so I am not sure I how will be able to get it, but I'll find a way. Hopefully they have a Wal-mart of a Mall near the college.....................

Movie_Geek_
Sounds interesting. I have never heard of it but I may rent it.

SnakeEyes
I played it at a local game store. Not really what I'm into. I mean, you can't even beat your puppy if he does something wrong. All you can do is "play" with it and dress it up in stupid clothes.

Movie_Geek_
Really....Sounds a bit odd then, I though it was a bit more like Sims for what powerfulone1987 said.

ESB-1138
Can you have it fight other dogs?

SnakeEyes
No violence, it was made to appeal to little children.

yeah looks like a retarded game, if i want to play with a puppy i'll adopt one.

SaTsuJiN
it appeals mainly to the asian market because there is usually not enough space to own a real dog

HigH ScholaR
the game looks good i am considering getting it as

the graphics look good
it utilises the ds capabilities i even heard the dog hears voice commands
and i don't have a dog and getting the game is more cost effective.

hotsauce6548
This game looks stupid. no expression

You can't even have the dogs fight. What the hell is up with that?

Primitive Screwhead
Just so you know, this really isn't a "game" in the traditional sense of video games. It is merely the latest evolution in the once-popular Tamagotchi theme (you know... those little virtual pets). As was mentioned before, this kind of stuff is huge over in Japan... we'll see how it is received over here. To me, the idea being transferred over to the DS is rather unique, but I think the novelty of it will wear off rather quickly. Anyone actually looking for a plot or storyline here should probably move on to a different title.

Primitive Screwhead
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
This game looks stupid. no expression

You can't even have the dogs fight. What the hell is up with that?

So you have to have some sort of violence in your games to justify it as entertaining? Don't get me wrong, I've had my fill of GTA type games... but just because something doesn't have a fighting connotation to it doesn't mean that it's going to suck. Be a little open minded and pick up a strategy game or a racing title.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Primitive Screwhead
So you have to have some sort of violence in your games to justify it as entertaining? Don't get me wrong, I've had my fill of GTA type games... but just because something doesn't have a fighting connotation to it doesn't mean that it's going to suck. Be a little open minded and pick up a strategy game or a racing title.

Dude, I was being sarcastic. no expression

I was never expecting this game, which is obviously directed towards kids, to allow fighting between dogs...

Movie_Geek_
They even promote the game for kids. If I remember right, the girl playing the game in the commercials is a little kid about 11 or 12.

Kumar
i think the game looks horrible. but then again i am not a 8-12 year old Asian kid either so i guess it isn't really that odd.

silly asians, dogs aren't for portable gaming systems.

WindDancer
I've seen the commercials. Is this suppose to be like one of those hand held doggy games of a few years ago? Remenber? you had to take them out for a walk, feed them, clean up after them, bath....etc..etc..

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by WindDancer
I've seen the commercials. Is this suppose to be like one of those hand held doggy games of a few years ago? Remenber? you had to take them out for a walk, feed them, clean up after them, bath....etc..etc..

Yup.

Smasandian
Well, this stupid game you guys are talking about just recieved 9.1 from Gamespot.
Just because you dont like the idea, doesnt mean nonbody else will and that its sucks ass.
Personally I would never play it and it is somewhat like Tomigatchi, but how the dogs act and the interaction between you and the game is pretty downright amazing developing.

playmean
i want a virtual plant..

powerfulone1987
that sounds like oodles and oodles of fun. really

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, this stupid game you guys are talking about just recieved 9.1 from Gamespot.
Just because you dont like the idea, doesnt mean nonbody else will and that its sucks ass.
Personally I would never play it and it is somewhat like Tomigatchi, but how the dogs act and the interaction between you and the game is pretty downright amazing developing.

We can have our own opinions though, and I still think the game sucks.

powerfulone1987
he didn't say you couldn't, he even stated himself that he wouldn't pick up the game.

powerfulone1987
Oh, my god. How hard it is to find this game.

I have been checking at 3 Wal-marts periodically and they stay sold out.

I haven't been able to get a hold of one of these games yet.

It is the first time anything like his has happen to me.

This game is obviously doing awesome in sales over here like expected.

Anybody gotten a hold of this game yet or having trouble finding it like me?

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by powerfulone1987

I heard, nintendo did not expect to sell so much, so they didn't make as much to ship, so you will have to wait, until they restock(after they make more and send it out).

SnakeEyes

I actually have been able to find it really easily, but since I think the game blows, I just didn't pick it up...

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I actually have been able to find it really easily, but since I think the game blows, I just didn't pick it up...

Well isn't that ironic,lol.

We should switch roles.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
I heard, nintendo did not expect to sell so much, so they didn't make as much to ship, so you will have to wait, until they restock(after they make more and send it out).

No, don't tell me that.

That doesn't sound good.

But when I called yesterday, one of the Wal-marts said they think they'll get more today, but since I am at college without a car that does me no good.

Batman Wins
its like the tamagatchi things

powerfulone1987
Not really. But ok.

playmean
order it from bestbuy.com perhaps?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7288393&type=product&id=1118840369390
glare

§P0oONY
It's great.. I imported about a month ago... although I can't understand some of it; due to language barriers... it is a very good game. There is so much you can do.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by playmean
order it from bestbuy.com perhaps?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7288393&type=product&id=1118840369390
glare

I just called Wal-mart today and they have gotten more in, so that's good.

I am going home on Friday so I will be able to get it on my way home.

God I can't wait.

powerfulone1987
Hopefully they're not sold out again by then,lol.

That would be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddd.

WindDancer
Okaaayyy....I just saw a review of the game and I can tell this is too cute and defenetly directed for a younger fans. Most likely the next Pokemon.

powerfulone1987
No it's not. It's directed to all ages. EVen grown up adults are buying this game.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by WindDancer
Okaaayyy....I just saw a review of the game and I can tell this is too cute and defenetly directed for a younger fans. Most likely the next Pokemon.

Couldn't agree more. wink

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Excuse me for being morbid but can the virtual dog die? Or does it simply run off due to neglect.

playmean
it'll get sad and run away for a bit or something. that's actually the first question on the FAQ, lol.

http://nintendogs.com

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Couldn't agree more. wink

Couldn't disagree more.

Onikirimaru
Im gonna wait for the Nintenrock game. You have a pet rock, you cant throw it though thats too violent.

playmean
I just called Wal-mart today and they have gotten more in, so that's good.

I am going home on Friday so I will be able to get it on my way home.

God I can't wait.

it's friday, did you get it? huh

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Onikirimaru
Im gonna wait for the Nintenrock game. You have a pet rock, you cant throw it though thats too violent.

laughing

powerfulone1987
it's friday, did you get it? huh

My mom wouldn't come and get me so I am leaving tomorrow morning, which is really this morning since it is 12:51am.

Digikid236
Hey has anyone played it? What can you do?

powerfulone1987
They were sold out, so again i failed to get it,ugh.

So disappointed.........................

playmean
blink

Red Superfly
What the hell is this game about anyway?

Is it just pet dogs on yur DS?

Sounds boring as hell. If there's any sort of levelling up involved, then I'll have to go and have a little "chat" with the Nintendo CEO.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Its crazy hows it sold out im not suprise I kinda knew this was coming.

powerfulone1987
blink

what?

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Red Superfly
What the hell is this game about anyway?

Is it just pet dogs on yur DS?

Sounds boring as hell. If there's any sort of levelling up involved, then I'll have to go and have a little "chat" with the Nintendo CEO.

why?

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by ZomBiE_HunTER
Its crazy hows it sold out im not suprise I kinda knew this was coming.

I knew it would do this good. It's just backfiring on me now.

GreenFist
DDR coming soon to all Nintendo's ENJOY!!!

powerfulone1987
What's DDR?

GreenFist
What's DDR?

Dance Dance Revolution

powerfulone1987
What do you mean coming to Nintendo?

There are a lot of things you could mean by saying Nintendo.

GreenFist
the Game and the Dance Mat

GreenFist
Originally posted by GreenFist
the Game and the Dance Mat

I mean Nintendo Cube

powerfulone1987
No, i mean what system? Since we were talking about the DS, i can only assume, and that just doesn't sound right.

GreenFist
Never mind then

powerfulone1987
Didn't realize it was such a difficult question. Lol.

I guess you don't talk about things that you don't know about and can't explain huh?

GreenFist
Yeah
let me try one more time { Let's hope i get this time}

Nintendo Cube will have DDR next year

You know whatit might help if you knew what DDR was

go to DDRFREAK.com maybe that will help

powerfulone1987
I know what it is, i just wanted to knw what it was coming to.

I get it now, to the gamecube, but first all you said was nintendo and we had just been talking about the Nintendo DS so what was i suppose to think and since i know wahat ddr is, i found it hard to believe that it would come on the DS, but you would explain..

GreenFist
Oh yeah sometimes i come in and start to post embarrasment

GreenFist
Goodnight

powerfulone1987
Goodnight.

You explained it well this time. You can sleep at ease tonight,lol.

Nite.

powerfulone1987
I forgot to let yall know that I finally got Nintendogs the other week.

I like it.

Susan-Storm
I Have it,I bet everyone else thinks it is babyish..yet it is very addicting on my account

§P0oONY
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361691&highlight=nintendogs

Good game, already a thread...

powerfulone1987
Well I started a Nintendogs thread already, it is either on the second or third page so if you want to talk about it, go there because you are just repeating threads.

I know you probably didn't know, but I'm telling you know.

is it comprehensible.....

TwisterGameX
Is this game over rated. It's like a big nano baby thing right ?

powerfulone1987
You don't expect a fan of the game such as myself to agree with what you just said do you?

TwisterGameX
You don't expect a fan of the game such as myself to agree with what you just said do you?

I dn if I should get it or not. The price dropped to liked 24 dollars so I wonder if it was good. So what can you do in the game besides throw balls and pet the dog...is it repetitive ?

powerfulone1987
Hard as it is for me to say, it is repetitive a little.
But it's still fun.
You can enter the frisby competition, Obedience competition, and another competition i can't think of the name.

and you can walk the dog and meet others and go to the park and stores and stuff and buy other dogs and teach them tricks by speaking into the microphone.
and you name them and they respond when you call their names.

is it comprehensible

TwisterGameX
That sounds pretty kool. (Side note..do you stil play marvel nem?)

Susan-Storm
NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THIS,I SEARCHED AND NO THREAD ON IT BEFORE..mad

Susan-Storm
I Have it,My dog Cutie just won't Listen to a dang word i say

Movie_Geek_
Hard as it is for me to say, it is repetitive a little.
But it's still fun.
You can enter the frisby competition, Obedience competition, and another competition i can't think of the name.

and you can walk the dog and meet others and go to the park and stores and stuff and buy other dogs and teach them tricks by speaking into the microphone.
and you name them and they respond when you call their names.

is it comprehensible

Let me ask you guys something because my neighbor is asking what would be a good game to buy her for X-mas. Is this the kind of game she would play with for like a couple of days and get Bord with because she is 10 years old and it is hard to get games for a kid that age, to old for the kid games and not old enough for the kind of games I play

Avenger2.0
Hey Lady how much is 4 tickets

$20

Yay I can take 2 of my friends

Lana
Merged threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.