Anakin/Obi-Wan duel vs. Luke/Vader duel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB- 1138
Just asking that which one of these two duels was more exicting the first time you saw it and which one was mor emotional?

Revenge of the Sith: Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
Return of the Jedi: Luke vs. Darth Vader

SnakeEyes
I would have to say Anakin versus Obi-Wan. Probably because I couldn't comprehend the emotional intensity when I first saw the Luke/Vader duel for the first time. (I was like 5 or 6).

Tangible God
Luke vs Vader was Vader trying to seduce Luke to the Darkside--with Luke taking in a somewhat exhilirated and flat tone, hardly emotional. Then it switched to Luke getting all pissed and hacking at Vader, also not emotional.

Obi and Vader had very little talking until you get a hopeless Obi saying he lost and failed his "brother" and said "brother saying" he hates him. Plenty of emotional voices and faces.

Obi and Vader are much more heart-rending.

SnakeEyes
The emotional icing on the cake for me (in the ROTS battle) was when Anakin was sitting there, burning, saying: "I hate you!!" And Obi-Wan replied: "Your were my brother, Anakin. I loved you." That last little bit right there added to the emotional intensity.

overlord
I can hardly remember Luke fighting Vader in ROTJ, I only remember him being electrocuted.
Although Obi/Anakin didn't impress me that much I think it's still a better fight.

xyz jedi
Ani n OB1

exanda kane
ESB owns all im afriad to inform you!

exanda kane
whoops some bad spelling there:P

Tangible God
Originally posted by exanda kane
whoops some bad spelling there:P Yeah man, you got "friad."

Oh, no...I mean "fried."

ESB- 1138
Oh yeah and overrall which fight was better.
(You can use either the ESB Luke vs. Vader or ROTJ)

overlord
Oh if it's ESB Luke/Vader than that scene is best, just look (again, sorry) at the picture below for explanation.

Admiral Akbar
That would not be emotional, his scream was annoying. I ended up laughing not crying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.