Wonder Woman vs Thing and Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
Fight takes place in the plains of the midwest, no water around. No prep, fight is spontaneous.

I say Wonder Woman cleans their clocks. She's as strong as both of them combined, much faster, and has much better fighting skills.

Draco69
Pretty much.

Metalmanx
"I saw Wonder Woman cleans their clocks. She's as strong as both of them combined, much faster, and has much better fighting skills."

Then why are you making a thread about it? No offense or anything, really.

It's common knowledge that she eats both of these guys for breakfast. Easily.

Solidus Snake
she could do it standing in one spot with one arm behind her back

yahman
Originally posted by Metalmanx
"I saw Wonder Woman cleans their clocks. She's as strong as both of them combined, much faster, and has much better fighting skills."

Really ? Although they aren't as strong as her, its indisputed that they can hurt her. I don't know, the two of them together will cause alot of problems. smile

Draco69
Thing gets tied up. Namor gets smacked around at sublight-speeds. Thing gets punted to Pluto.

The End. Next week...

armandovalles
people really overestimate her. She's not that strong. Namor is totally equal in strength wit Mortal Herc which he has proved. Wonder Woman beat Mortal Herc in JLA/Avengers but just barely. With the Thing by his side, i think Namor & Ben would win.

yahman
Originally posted by Draco69
Thing gets tied up. Namor gets smacked around at sublight-speeds. Thing gets punted to Pluto.

The End. Next week...

Sublight speeds ? Punched to Pluto ? Are we talking about Pre Crisis Superman or Wonderr Woman. confused

Darth_Erebus

Because someone posted in another thread that these guys were on par with her.

Draco69
Originally posted by armandovalles
people really overestimate her. She's not that strong. Namor is totally equal in strength wit Mortal Herc which he has proved. Wonder Woman beat Mortal Herc in JLA/Avengers but just barely. With the Thing by his side, i think Namor & Ben would win.

So sad...

no

WW wins rather easily. Namor is the only one who would give her some what of a problem. Even Darkcrawler, the ultimate Namor fanboy, said he would last about a half a minute.

JediMasterLuke5
Wonder Woman is like class 10,000 or more the Thing is class 85. Wonder Woman easily take this.

yahman

This kind of feels like blasphemy, but i totally disagree with whirly on the JLA/Avengers crossover, being cannon. smile

yahman
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Wonder Woman is like class 10,000 or more the Thing is class 85. Wonder Woman easily take this.

Go play with your calculator !!!!!!11 evil face

Draco69
Originally posted by yahman
Sublight speeds ? Punched to Pluto ? Are we talking about Pre Crisis Superman or Wonderr Woman. confused

The sublight speeds isn't an exaggeration. She's very capable of such speeds. And has proven thus consistently.

Kicked to Pluto WAS an exaggeration. Just to show how hopelessly outmatched Thing is.

Kicked to the moon is a more viable statement.

xmarksthespot
people really overestimate her. She's not that strong. Namor is totally equal in strength wit Mortal Herc which he has proved. Wonder Woman beat Mortal Herc in JLA/Avengers but just barely. With the Thing by his side, i think Namor & Ben would win. No they'd lose. I don't think she'd even break a sweat or a nail.
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Because someone posted in another thread that these guys were on par with her. Ah... wolverine8888....

leonidas
yes

namor straight from water could give her a bit of a run if she didn't use her speed though.

JediMasterLuke5
Go play with your calculator !!!!!!11 evil face
She is one of the Strongest in DC.

yahman
The sublight speeds isn't an exaggeration. She's very capable of such speeds. And has proven thus consistently.

Kicked to Pluto WAS an exaggeration. Just to show how hopelessly outmatched Thing is.

Kicked to the moon is a more viable statement.

Thing is out of his depth, but i think he could hurt her. He has hurt characters with simillar durability. IMO Namor is a class above Thing in strength.( Level 7/10 according to my system). The two of them could do alot of damage, especially with a bit of prep. (Hint Hint to Darth_Erebus )

yahman
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
She is one of the Strongest in DC.

Yess !!!!!!!!! But IMO your figures are as useful as a dose of AIDS. (No offense meant )

Draco69
If Diana can take a punch from Superman that hit her from the Sun to the Earth at greater than lightspeeds and get up seconds later, than Namor and Thing aren't gonna do sh** to her.

yahman
If Diana can take a punch from Superman that hit her from the Sun to the Earth at greater than lightspeeds and get up seconds later, than Namor and Thing aren't gonna do sh** to her.

That was a bit of a one off IMO. Wonder Woman has been taken out by a lot less in the past. I'm not getting into this debate about characters impressive appearances vs their weak ones, IMO both Thing and Namor would usually hurt Wonder Woman. smile

Draco69
Diana can take blows from multiple Skyfather level gods....but she can't take blows from Namor and Thing?

What the f**k?

Darth_Erebus
Thing is out of his depth, but i think he could hurt her. He has hurt characters with simillar durability. IMO Namor is a class above Thing in strength.( Level 7/10 according to my system). The two of them could do alot of damage, especially with a bit of prep. (Hint Hint to Darth_Erebus )

Thing is class 95. Namor out of water is only class 50, in water he's around class 100 but that's probably his limit. Wonder woman is listed as class 100 but that only means 100 or higher. Given her feats I don't think Draco's claim of class 10,000 is an exaggeration. That isn't even taking into account her far superior speed or fighting skill, not to mention the bracelets or lasso. Prep or not I thinks she takes both these guys with minimal effort.

yahman
Diana can take blows from multiple Skyfather level gods....but she can't take blows from Namor and Thing?

What the f**k?

I will post it one more time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm not getting into this debate about characters impressive appearances vs their weak ones"

"Thing is class 95. Namor out of water is only class 50, in water he's around class 100 but that's probably his limit. Wonder woman is listed as class 100 but that only means 100 or higher. Given her feats I don't think Draco's claim of class 10,000 is an exaggeration. That isn't even taking into account her far superior speed or fighting skill, not to mention the bracelets or lasso. Prep or not I thinks she takes both these guys with minimal effort."

My dear boy please put down the calculator. smile

Tony Stark
Fight takes place in the plains of the midwest, no water around. No prep, fight is spontaneous.

I say Wonder Woman cleans their clocks. She's as strong as both of them combined, much faster, and has much better fighting skills.

It looks like these two are getting lucky tonight they will DP her within minutes.

She's a "little" stronger than them one on one but against the two of them together at the same time she has little chance to win

They would dominate her like the good ***** she is.

Their ***** that is.

WW mid to high CL100 (Not as strong nor as durable as either The HULK or Herc or THOR)

THING & Namor mid CL100 (Both have either beaten or stalemated or lasted a very long time with the above mentioned HULK,Herc,THOR by themselves on more than one occasion...)

THING & Namor win

9/10.

cool

Draco69
Hey. Jedi said Class 10,000! Not me.

Besides, 10,000 is like barbell to her...

xmarksthespot
Not that she'd need to but she could just fight Namor in the air first... unless Thing's heart powers have given him the ability of flight...

yahman
Hey. Jedi said Class 10,000! Not me.

Besides, 10,000 is like barbell to her...

Indeed !!!!!!!!!!!! smile

Sometimes it is to Namor aswell, but not very often. smile

Draco69
Originally posted by Tony Stark
It looks like these two are getting lucky tonight they will DP her within minutes.

She's a "little" stronger than them one on one but against the two of them together at the same time she has little chance to win

Their ***** that is.

WW mid to high CL100 (Not as strong nor as durable as either The HULK or Herc or THOR)

THING & Namor mid CL100 (Both have either beaten or stalemated or lasted a very long time with the above mentioned HULK,Herc,THOR by themselves on more than one occasion...)

THING & Namor win

9/10.

cool

Goodness gracious, lest we forget her vastly superior speed, fighting skills, and multitude of weapons. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh. Tony Stark. You and wolverine8888 are made for each other. wink

xmarksthespot

Their ***** that is.

THING & Namor win

9/10.

cool laughing laughing I'm sorry but that was rather hilarious...

Draco69
yes

Draco69
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Not that she'd need to but she could just fight Namor in the air first... unless Thing's heart powers have given him the ability of flight...

Agh! How could I forget his HEART! With his HEART, he could own Eternity himself! laughing

yahman

X !!!!!!!!!!!

I must congratulate, i see you are enjoying a bit of trolling. smile Its fun isn't it ? wink

Blood_Rayne
Umm considering Wonder Woman pwned Juggernaut I think she could hold her own against the two but I don't know if she would win.

yahman
Originally posted by Blood_Rayne
Umm considering Wonder Woman pwned Juggernaut I think she could hold her own against the two but I don't know if she would win.

And in what cannon issue did that take place in. smile

xmarksthespot
X !!!!!!!!!!!

I must congratulate, i see you are enjoying a bit of trolling. smile Its fun isn't it ? wink ... his heart is a well documented part of his power set...

Draco69
It wasn't canon. It was DC vs. Marvel back in the 90s. Hey. At least WW got SOME retribution after jobbing to Storm...

Tony Stark
laughing laughing I'm sorry but that was rather hilarious...

I'd like to know which one WW is stronger than HULK...Herc...THOR...

Which one is she more durable than HULK...Herc...THOR....

The answer is none of the above.

And it's not like she would be the first one they would have beaten up on that could fly or move fast.

"If" and i do mean "if" i could make the "IF" bigger you would see that it is a REALLY BIG "IF" her fighting skills where better than theirs it wouldn't be by much.

And other than her lasso she doesn't normally carry around much weapons.

And she has on more than one occasion had her lasso taken away from her.

She doesn't have much that The THING & Namor haven't seen before.

Happy Dance

Draco69
I'd like to know which one WW is stronger than HULK...Herc...THOR...

Which one is she more durable than HULK...Herc...THOR....

The answer is none of the above.

And it's not like she would be the first one they would have beaten up on that could fly or move fast.

"If" and i do mean "if" i could make the "IF" bigger you would see that it is a REALLY BIG "IF" her fighting skills where better than theirs it wouldn't be by much.

And other than her lasso she doesn't normally carry around much weapons.

And she has on more than one occasion had her lasso taken away from her.

She doesn't have much that The THING & Namor haven't seen before.

Happy Dance

Translation:

*recorded gibberish of a drunken Paris Hilton*

Dear. You do know that gay marriage to ink and paper is not permitted in the USA?

Maybe if you get someone to put on the makeup from the FF movie THAN your dreams (wet they may be..) can come true.

Tony Stark
Translation:

*recorded gibberish of a drunken Paris Hilton*

Dear. You do know that gay marriage to ink and paper is not permitted in the USA?

Maybe if you get someone to put on the makeup from the FF movie THAN your dreams (wet they may be..) can come true.

Is that THEN or THAN oh so bright and clever one...?

Draco69
Is that THEN or THAN oh so bright and clever one...?

Worship is not needed, oh held-back thrice. Logic, sadly, has never been thy destined endeavor.

xmarksthespot
We're going to argue about spelling?

To clarify which parts of your post I found hilarious "WW is only a little stronger than Thing and Namor individually." "They'll win in minutes." "They'll dominate her." "9/10" So pretty much all of it.

Also the implication that Thing comes anywhere near close to a fraction of WW's fighting skills.

jrodslam
Threads like this kinda suck. Namor would be mid 100cl and probably same for Thing. Like stated before, Namor has beaten and even stalemated high 100cl and mid 100cl characters before.

Someone also said that DC would have Wonder Woman around the 10,000 ton mark. That just shows that DC characters are rated differntly that Marvels. If she was in Marvel, shed be mid 100cl too imo. Maybe even top 100cl. I dont think shes stronger than Hulk or Thor. Then again thats my opinion.

I think they could pull it off. She may win more times than not possibly.

xmarksthespot
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/ww1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/ww2.jpg

jrodslam
http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/7710/incrediblehulk118200el5ab.th.jpg
http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/3245/incrediblehulk118211kg6mw.th.jpg

The Ion
Wonder Woman has lifted city sized objects. If that's not top class strength, I don't know what is.

If she can hang in a fight with Superman and actually break bones in his body, she'd demolish these two.

xmarksthespot
She's stronger and faster than both combined and she doesn't lose her strength over time like Namor does, she's definitely a more skilled fighter than Thing, arguably a more skilled fighter than Namor, all the odds stack in her favour. The only advantage they have is that there are two of them - and frankly it's not enough.

Just btw jrod, what do you define as mid-cl100 and what has Thing done that would put him in it?

jrodslam
Originally posted by The Ion
Wonder Woman has lifted city sized objects. If that's not top class strength, I don't know what is.

If she can hang in a fight with Superman and actually break bones in his body, she'd demolish these two.

Her lifting sity-sized object is indeed impressive. I just dont think shed be in the same class as Hulk and Thor. Moreso Hercules and Namor.

True she broke some of Supermans bones, but she is a magic based character afterall. Namor knocked out Savage Hulk out on 2 different occasions. If thats not top class strength, i dont know what is. But id be inclined to agree that Namor isnt top 100cl. Although i would say hes mid 100cl.

jrodslam
Just btw jrod, what do you define as mid-cl100 and what has Thing done that would put him in it?

I was reffering more to Namor than Thing lol.

The Ion
Superman's weakness to magic is overstated. He's takin blasts from Etrigan the Demon that sent him to the moon without harm.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by jrodslam
Namor knocked out Savage Hulk out on 2 different occasions. If thats not top class strengthHmm but weren't both times in water? I'd put him in mid cl100

jrodslam
See this gets kinda tricky. Theres no doubt that Hulk and Superman are the strongest characters from both companies.

The difference here is that Wonder Woman is a top teir character while Namor isnt. People and comics both say that Wonder Woman is in the same strength league as Superman.

But comics also say that Namor is in the same strength league as the likes of Hulk and Thor. In defence of Namor is he were a more top teir character, hed be mentioned more.

Also, noone really in Marvel has huge lifting feats such as planets or cities. Except for Hulk and Thor on occasion or 2. Namor does have plenty of lifting feats as well as some battle feats however. Some feats well over the 100-200 ton mark.

jrodslam
Hmm but weren't both times in water? I'd put him in mid cl100

They were. However does Hulk still not gain strength and speed the angrier he gets? Yet still was defeated by physical means. Water or not, thats dam impressive by anyone in comics let alone Marvel. Thats a feat not even Juggernaut has done.

Blood_Rayne
And in what cannon issue did that take place in. smile

Unlimited Access big grin

jrodslam
Its too bad we dont know how strong Dark Hulk is.

Tony Stark
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/ww1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/ww2.jpg

If my memory is correct Supes is under some sort of mind control...?

If thats correct not only is he being effected by WW magic based powers, also as has been stated 1000's of times on this site anytime a characters mind is being controled by another they're not truly going at full strength because they are also fighting the mind control and subconciously are holding back when fighting and not at full potental.

And must i show you pictures of Batman kicking Supes's ass too...?

To show you that Batman can beat The THING and Namor together also.

cool

The Ion
Supes thought Diana was Doomsday and had just killed Lois. He wasn't fighting smart but he was going all out. He even took her to the sun to try to amp himself up.

xmarksthespot
He thinks Wonder Woman is Doomsday and has just killed Lois... I'm so sure he's holding back...

Oh and since you love spelling so much.. it's "affected".

jrodslam
big grin

xmarksthespot
For the most part, effect is a noun and affect is a verb. But in certain context affect can be a noun and effect can be a verb.

jrodslam

Hes right. Its effected not affected. big grin

Tony Stark
He thinks Wonder Woman is Doomsday and has just killed Lois... I'm so sure he's holding back...

And why did he think WW was Doomsday? Could he not see her big golden breasts?

And thanks for clearing that spelling error up (not) you know i'm always a stickler for detail...

Happy Dance

jrodslam
effect is a noun
affect is a verb

I saw that jrod...

affect - to move emotionally.

effect - Power to produce a desired result.

Tony Stark
Hes right. Its effected not affected. big grin

cool

xmarksthespot
affect - to move emotionally.

effect - Power to produce a desired result. Uh.. I know this I edited, they can both be nouns and verbs, I thought I'd just simplify however since the noun affect has no relevance. I've taken Psych classes and neuropharmacology. And he's not right, the correct verb is to affect.

jrodslam
Uh.. I know this I edited. I've taken Psych classes and neuropharmacology. And he's not right, the correct verb is to affect.

NO he is correct.

effect is something brought about by a cause or agent; a result. Example a broken arm.

jrodslam
http://dict.die.net/affect/

Tony Stark
Uh.. I know this I edited, they can both be nouns and verbs, I thought I'd just simplify however since the noun affect has no relevance. I've taken Psych classes and neuropharmacology. And he's not right, the correct verb is to affect.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

And those have what to do with english and grammar...?

Happy Dance

cool

xmarksthespot
No he isn't. Wonder Woman affected Superman with her magic based strength. She effected broken bones.

Uh.. if you know neuropharmacology or psychology you'll know why the noun "affect" has relevance to it.

jrodslam
No he isn't. Wonder Woman affected Superman with her magic based strength. She effected broken bones.

Uh.. if you know neuropharmacology or psychology you'll know why the noun "affect" has relevance to it.

How do you effect broken bones?

Superman was effected by Wonder Womans punches. He recieved broken bones as an effect of her punches.

You must be failing your classes.

xmarksthespot
Oh no you didn't.

The verb "to effect" means "to bring about" or "to produce"
The verb "to affect" means "to have an effect (noun) upon"

And just btw it's "received."

Tony Stark

WW effected Superman with her magic based powers...

And because of them and of his being under mind control she created broken bones on his person.

jrodslam
Oh no you didn't.

The verb "effect" means "to bring about"
The verb "affect" means "to have an effect (noun) upon"

Oh yes i did.

Click on the links and appologize later.

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/effect

jrodslam
WW effected Superman with her magic based powers...

And because of them and of his being under mind control she created broken bones on his person.

Exactly.

xmarksthespot
Oh yes i did.

Click on the links and appologize later.

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/effect Do you know how to read the dictionary?
Noun vs verb.

Websters
affect
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Middle English, from affectus, past participle of afficere
: to produce an effect upon: as
a : to produce a material influence upon or alteration in

effect
Function: transitive verb
1 : to cause to come into being

The Ion
Well this thread took a turn for the worse.

Anyways, Thing and Namor get stomped.

xmarksthespot

Anyways, Thing and Namor get stomped. That they do.

Tony Stark

Anyways, Thing and Namor get stomped.

It's funny that an all DC all the time would say that.

The Ion
It's funny that an all DC all the time would say that.
Says the guy who thinks WW is a "little" stronger than Thing. Don't preach to me about being biased.

xmarksthespot
He's got heart, man. Nothing's stronger than heart.

Tony Stark
Says the guy who thinks WW is a "little" stronger than Thing. Don't preach to me about being biased.

Little is a relative term isn't it?

You gotta love DC.

One comic WW is playing catch with moons... the next she needs Superman and GL to help roll one across the road.

jrodslam
DC operates on a whole other level on its own. Moving planets, lifting cities and such. Marvel doesnt really think that big. Maybe only recently.

I just put it like this. If Superman was in Marvel, hed be top along with Hulk, Thor. WonderWoman would be a tier lower with Hercules and Namor. Although all these characters have been said to be in the same strength class at one time or another.

xmarksthespot
I'm sorry jrod that didn't sound like an admission of being incorrect... you should type in small words, "failing my classes" as I am it's hard to read the big ones...

The Ion
Why would Wonder Woman be a tier lower when she's currently said to be physically superior to everyone in DC save Superman and maybe Captain Marvel?

jrodslam
It didnt sound like one because it wasnt one. big grin

xmarksthespot
It didnt sound like one because it wasnt one. big grin Maybe you should use your fun dictionary sites and look up the definition of "delusion"...

big grin

If WW was Marvel she would still be top tier.

jrodslam
Why would Wonder Woman be a tier lower when she's currently said to be physically superior to everyone in DC save Superman and maybe Captain Marvel?

I say that because Everyone knows Hulk and Thor are top tier, yet Namor has been said to be in the same strength league as them. Im not sure if its been said about Hercules or not.

Shes been said to be physically superior to everyone in DC meaning heroes, yes?

Same could be said for Namor and Hercules.

Tony Stark
Maybe you should use your fun dictionary sites and look up the definition of "delusion"...

big grin

If WW was Marvel she would still be top tier.

Nope...

A top tier level character yes...but not in the top tier of those charcters...

She would maybe make David Letterman's Top 10.

jrodslam
Everytime Captain Marvel and Superman had a test of strength, they were exactly dead even. Captain Marvel has the strength of Hercules. Yet as a whole its always Superman and Wonder Woman who are mentioned as the 2 strongest. Wonder Woman has never shown to be equal in strength to Superman.

Thor and Hulk both has been locked in arms buring a test of strength. Same for hercules and Thor. Namor has been said to be in the same strength league as Thor and Hulk. Why isnt he considered top tier when it comes down to strength?

Im just putting 1 and 1 together.

The Ion
Diana is much stronger than Namor. He's best feat is lifiting the submarine which was around 150-200,000 tons. Diana lifted Asmodel's chariot which was the same size as San Francisco. That's not being in the same league. That's being clear and outright better.

The Ion
Everytime Captain Marvel and Superman had a test of strength, they were exactly dead even. Captain Marvel has the strength of Hercules. Yet as a whole its always Superman and Wonder Woman who are mentioned as the 2 strongest. Wonder Woman has never shown to be equal in strength to Superman.

Usually when Marvel goes up against Supes he stacks his powers to get up to Kal-El's level.

jrodslam
Usually when Marvel goes up against Supes he stacks his powers to get up to Kal-El's level.

Thats true. But you have to also remember, that he doesnt have full strength of those characters. Only portions of it.

And he did that once and used Hercules and Atlas. The second time, it wasnt said who he used. If he did at all.

The Ion
A portion of Zeus, Mercury and the like are still incredible amounts of strength.

jrodslam
^ Youre right. However how come hes never mentioned as second to Superman unless its a direct comparison? Wonder Woman is always mentioned instead.

Thats my point. If it were Marvel, she probably wouldnt be mentioned till after Superman, Hulk, Thor.

The Ion
Probably because he's not a prominent character. It's sad but true. However at times WW has overpowered Marvel and vice versa.

I would agree she's under Supes, Thor and Hulk but she'd still be top tier. Hulk himself would have to be pretty amped up to match her.

jrodslam
Probably because he's not a prominent character. It's sad but true. However at times WW has overpowered Marvel and vice versa.

Thats exactly the point im trying to bring up. Namor isnt a prominent character. Hes overpowered Hulk before, and stalemated Thor and Herc.

I would agree she's under Supes, Thor and Hulk but she'd still be top tier. Hulk himself would have to be pretty amped up to match her.

But if thats the case Namor, and Herc should be top tier as well.

jrodslam
Anyways, i dont think the team loses as easily as everyone thinks.

Metalmanx
Even faster then?

Darth_Erebus
Her lifting sity-sized object is indeed impressive. I just dont think shed be in the same class as Hulk and Thor. Moreso Hercules and Namor.

True she broke some of Supermans bones, but she is a magic based character afterall. Namor knocked out Savage Hulk out on 2 different occasions. If thats not top class strength, i dont know what is. But id be inclined to agree that Namor isnt top 100cl. Although i would say hes mid 100cl.

http://www.Marveldirectory.com/strengthlevels It says here that both Thing and Namor IN water are class 85. Sub Mariner OUT of water, which this thread is, is only class 40. WW kills them.

Juntai

And must i show you pictures of Batman kicking Supes's ass too...?

To show you that Batman can beat The THING and Namor together also.

cool You can show us Batman hitting Supes with everything he's got and with the fight rigged to his favor, and Superman barely phased at all, if you're talking about Hush.

Other than that, see Sacrifice, when Superman attacked Batman, right before he did this wonder woman thing... He ran up on Batman and started chokeslamming him into the JLA watchtower controls before he could even react and put him in a body cast. lol.

olympian
"Her lifting sity-sized object is indeed impressive. I just dont think shed be in the same class as Hulk and Thor. Moreso Hercules and Namor."

Hercules is hulk and Thor class. A bit below now as curently since hes still mortal.

And Namor without his strenght fading its also.

"Everytime Captain Marvel and Superman had a test of strength, they were exactly dead even. Captain Marvel has the strength of Hercules. Yet as a whole its always Superman and Wonder Woman who are mentioned as the 2 strongest. Wonder Woman has never shown to be equal in strength to Superman.

Thor and Hulk both has been locked in arms buring a test of strength. Same for hercules and Thor. Namor has been said to be in the same strength league as Thor and Hulk. Why isnt he considered top tier when it comes down to strength?

Im just putting 1 and 1 together."

You already answered. Because both Marvel and Namor are less preominent than the others. All you said its correct.

"http://www.Marveldirectory.com/strengthlevels It says here that both Thing and Namor IN water are class 85. Sub Mariner OUT of water, which this thread is, is only class 40. WW kills them"

Wich is wrong. How can anyone explain how a character that was out of water and therefore cl 40 could do so well against an Immortal Herc.

cl 40 its laughable even out of water for some time.

xmarksthespot
Really though there's been no real argument as to how the two would win. Fresh from/out of water Namor's greatest feats of physical strength have only (although still very impressive) been at most in the 10's and occasionally 100's of thousands of tons, whereas her greatest feats quite easily surpass that. Her other physical attributes (speed, reflexes, durability, endurance etc.) match or surpass his. Her flight speed surpasses his. Her fighting skills match or surpass his. His strength will wane the longer a fight goes on so he's not going to outlast her. She also has the weapons advantage with the lasso and the tiara.

Thing is basically a non-factor here, as Wonder Woman can easily take to the air, making him utterly redundant.

Draco69
Is this thing still going on? Xmarkspot pretty much has the general consensus in the bag.

Arahan
Well I like Popcorn....

WW should win. It wont be that easy but in the end she should take it especially when Namor has no water support.

xmarksthespot
Is this thing still going on? Xmarkspot pretty much has the general consensus in the bag. Well a page and a half of this thread is me trying to explain the difference between the use of the words affect and effect as verbs... isn't that right jrod... shifty... but yeah some are still maintaining that Wonder Woman wouldn't win the majority. And I can't see the rationale behind it.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Juntai
You can show us Batman hitting Supes with everything he's got and with the fight rigged to his favor, and Superman barely phased at all, if you're talking about Hush.

Other than that, see Sacrifice, when Superman attacked Batman, right before he did this wonder woman thing... He ran up on Batman and started chokeslamming him into the JLA watchtower controls before he could even react and put him in a body cast. lol.

Batman is a well trained athletic human no more... I'm hoping that Superman can beat him down without thinking...

I'm just saying that DC doesn't know what the hell their doing as far as their characters are concerned with strength or fighting abilities...

There is nothing canon with them.

DarkCrawler
Namor is Class 100. Out or in water. His strength goes down if he does't get water after some time, but not in seconds, like some people still belive (How?!?).

That said, Wonder Woman would win. She is far smarter, faster, stronger, and better fighter then both of them combined.

Wonder Woman 9/10. 1/10 appears if Thing and Namor attack her while she is blind, tied and sleeping, and it would be kind of hard even then.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Namor is Class 100. Out or in water. His strength goes down if he does't get water after some time, but not in seconds, like some people still belive (How?!?).

That said, Wonder Woman would win. She is far smarter, faster, stronger, and better fighter then both of them combined.

Wonder Woman 9/10. 1/10 appears if Thing and Namor attack her while she is blind, tied and sleeping, and it would be kind of hard even then.

Are you feeling ok...?

sick

I think that you've been away from the water for too long.

Go splash around for a while.

DarkCrawler
Are you feeling ok...?

sick

I think that you've been away from the water for too long.

Go splash around for a while.

Facts are facts.

Thing and Namor really don't have any hope...

jrodslam
http://www.Marveldirectory.com/strengthlevels It says here that both Thing and Namor IN water are class 85. Sub Mariner OUT of water, which this thread is, is only class 40. WW kills them.

And its clear that the people who said that dont know shit. If you believe them, then.......

BobbyD
Wow...lots of enthusiasm here, especially with the spelling and what not.

Anyway, my personal take is that Namor and Thing only have the "numbers" advantage thing going for them. It's my personal feeling that one (irrelevant if it's Thing or Namor first) will fall hard and fast, and whence (nice word, eh?) that does happen, the other will also.

A better question is how long will the fight last. 10 seconds, 3 minutes or somewhere in between. WW has got this about 11 out of 10 times.

Just my opinion.

DarkCrawler
Maybe they can do fastball special. stick out tongue

Namor grabs Thing's leg and:

http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/7325/namorfeat393lr.gif

BobbyD
Darth, I just noticed that you made a thread and then state you think she'll clean their clocks?

What the f**k?

Tony Stark

This from your post on the WW vs. Ult Colossus thread.

I know Wonder Woman will probably win, but I just don't think it'll be too easy

But it's common knowledge that she eats both The THING and Namor working together against her for breakfast easily...?

laughing laughing laughing

Silly Silly boy...

I hope that your medication doesn't run out anytime soon...

cool

xmarksthespot
Thing vs Mongul.
THING dominates. 3 minutes. THING wins.

Tony Stark
Thing vs Mongul.

What does that post have to do with WW?

confused

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by BobbyD
Darth, I just noticed that you made a thread and then state you think she'll clean their clocks?

What the f**k?

So? That's my opinion. Doesn't mean I expect everyone else to think the same way. Just because you start a thread means you can't have an opinion now?

BobbyD
My apologies, Darth. Yes, you may have an opinion, but this thread shouldn't have been written since most here (including you) know that Diana will mop the joint with these 2. I have been guilty of poor threads also. Peace brotha. cool

jrodslam
I also dont think shed mop the floor with these 2. Especially since they both hang with top tier guys such as Hulk, Hercules and Thor(Namor in particular). But its all opinion. Mine still hasnt changed.

BobbyD
Again, Jrod you are entitled to your opinion. However, if I can make you "see the light", so to speak, the thread may as well been written Superman minus heat vision and breath vs Thing and Namor. Virtually, that's what WW vs Thing and Namor is.

Draco69
Pretty much. *yawn*

xmarksthespot
What does that post have to do with WW?

confused Stones and glass houses.
Originally posted by BobbyD
Again, Jrod you are entitled to your opinion. However, if I can make you "see the light", so to speak, the thread may as well been written Superman minus heat vision and breath vs Thing and Namor. Virtually, that's what WW vs Thing and Namor is. Minus heat vision and breath but plus magical weaponry...

Tony Stark
Stones and glass houses.
Minus heat vision and breath but plus magical weaponry...

So i think that The THING takes down Mongul quickly...?

That means nothing to this thread because we're not talking about him, we're talking about WW fighting against characters who are somewhat comparable to each other.

But one Ult Colossus solo (per metalmanx) would give WW more trouble than The THING and Namor combined working as a team.

Which i think you'll agree needs to be addressed as far as the WTF are you smoking factor goes...

Do you disagree with me?

Or do you believe that what metalmanx is stating is correct?

xmarksthespot
Are you still saying that Wonder Woman and Thing are comparable to each other?

Metalmanx's statement is taken out of context. He clearly stated several times that he thought Wonder Woman would win undoubtedly. He simply wanted to say that in his opinion his strength might surprise her. He is a fan of Colossus and Ult. Colossus.

Personally I think she'd beat him as easily as she would beat Namor, or Thing, or Namor and Thing, or Namor, Ult. Colossus and Thing together. Of the three only Namor would give her any difficulty if at all.

You maintain things like Thing and Namor win against Wonder Woman 9/10 and Thing would beat Mongul in 3 minutes. You get the additional -boy suffix.

Tony Stark
Are you still saying that Wonder Woman and Thing are comparable to each other?

Metalmanx's statement is taken out of context. He clearly stated several times that he thought Wonder Woman would win undoubtedly. He simply wanted to say that in his opinion his strength might surprise her. He is a fan of Colossus and Ult. Colossus.

Personally I think she'd beat him as easily as she would beat Namor, or Thing, or Namor and Thing, or Namor, Ult. Colossus and Thing together. Of the three only Namor would give her any difficulty if at all.

You maintain things like Thing and Namor win against Wonder Woman 9/10 and Thing would beat Mongul in 3 minutes. You get the additional -boy suffix.

No i'm not saying that WW and The THING are comparable i'm saying that Ult Colossus THING and Namor are.

And i've read all of metalmanx's posts on that thread Ult Colossus vs WW and i don't think you have if you think that the statement that was verbatum "I know Wonder Woman will probably win, but I just don't think it'll be too easy".

I think he wrote what he felt.

Read it again.

"probably" and "don't think it'll be too easy"

He does say that WW will win and that Ult Colossus's strength will impress her. But he does feel that It will not be an easy victory for WW.

And thats where i have to laugh he says that WW would crush THING and Namor together quickly but Ult Colossus will give WW trouble but still lose...

Thats what was said nothing is out of context. He's got more than 1 post on the thread about it and it doesn't change.

xmarksthespot
Firstly I have no idea why you feel the need to capitalise all the letters in "Thing."

Three other verbatim quotes:
"I know that Wonder Woman wins."
"Wonder Woman totally wins."
"I know Wonder Woman wins."

Unequivocal that Wonder Woman wins. However people don't tend to like to think that characters they like lose badly. They prefer to believe that it wouldn't be as easy as everyone else believes. But most aren't delusional and will admit that characters they like would lose.

All I see is that he feels no need to defend characters that he isn't a great fan of against the tide of opinion. You could call it inconsistent if you wish, you're consistent - consistently biased, but consistent - so there's no hypocrisy there, but you're in no position to accuse anyone of bias.

Tony Stark
Firstly I have no idea why you feel the need to capitalise all the letters in "Thing."

Three other verbatim quotes:
"I know that Wonder Woman wins."
"Wonder Woman totally wins."
"I know Wonder Woman wins."

Unequivocal that Wonder Woman wins. However people don't tend to like to think that characters they like lose badly. They prefer to believe that it wouldn't be as easy as everyone else believes. But most aren't delusional and will admit that characters they like would lose.

All I see is that he feels no need to defend characters that he isn't a great fan of against the tide of opinion. You could call it inconsistent if you wish, you're consistent - consistently biased, but consistent - so there's no hypocrisy there, but you're in no position to accuse anyone of bias.

Because Marvel says it that way The THING is in capitals. As is THOR, The HULK...etc. I'm just following their lead... And it seems to bug you so even better.

I am consistent... Consistently logical... Consistently fair... And Consistently honest... Sometimes bias like most everyone on here, if it's a close fight I will go to whom i personally like better and why not.

Do you do it differently?

xmarksthespot
You consider Thing vs Mongul a close fight...? And that saying Thing wins is logical...? Or 9/10 for Namor and Thing vs Wonder Woman is logical...? Okay.. sure....

Tony Stark
You consider Thing vs Mongul a close fight...? And that saying Thing wins is logical...? Or 9/10 for Namor and Thing vs Wonder Woman is logical...? Okay.. sure....

I geuss i just don't see how hard it is to look at it like this...

Try to follow MY LOGIC...

Both The THING and Namor have the capabilities to to hang with through a very long and tough fight, if not beat every once in a while by themselves HULK, THOR, Herc... THING and Namor can't beat any of them on a regular basis but they are always a close fight.

I believe that all 3 of those guys HULK, THOR, Herc will beat WW the high majority of the time 7 or 8/10.

That being said 2 guys that can hang through a long fight with any of those 3 by themselves, with those 3 being characters who also can beat WW on a regular basis.

Together working as a team they should be able to beat WW on a regular basis also.

Maybe 9/10 is extreme. but 7/10 surly isn't and in reality it's much closer to 8/10.

There my friend is MY LOGIC...

cool

xmarksthespot
That's not logic it's gibberish. A grounded ally in a fight against Wonder Woman is redundant. Darkcrawler has said that Namor doesn't stand a chance. If you think Thing can take down Wonder Woman...

You didn't explain Thing vs Mongul with your deluded "logic".

Tony Stark
That's not logic it's gibberish. A grounded ally in a fight against Wonder Woman is redundant. Darkcrawler has said that Namor doesn't stand a chance. If you think Thing can take down Wonder Woman...

You didn't explain Thing vs Mongul with your deluded "logic".

Your head seems to be as thick as Ben's prick...

Namor or The THING aren't fighting WW by themselves...

They are fighting her together...

And to your surprise i'm sure they've actually fought others who can... how you say... Eh...fly before.

What if Namor decides not to fly and just stays on the ground and stands next to Ben... Would WW have to come down from the sky to attack them?

I think so...

And even if he was flying around with WW does that mean he can't knock her to the ground into Ben's mits?

It's not that hard, again they've actually fought other beings that can fly in the past...

They've both been in teams before and know how to work as one.

Namor with characters that can't fly and Ben with characters that can fly.

It doesn't automatically mean it's then turned into one on one because WW can fly.

Thats ridiculous...

No retort i see with the HULK, THOR, Herc LOGIC eh...

Too LOGICAL...

I'd say.

jrodslam
I geuss i just don't see how hard it is to look at it like this...

Try to follow MY LOGIC...

Both The THING and Namor have the capabilities to to hang with through a very long and tough fight, if not beat every once in a while by themselves HULK, THOR, Herc... THING and Namor can't beat any of them on a regular basis but they are always a close fight.

I believe that all 3 of those guys HULK, THOR, Herc will beat WW the high majority of the time 7 or 8/10.

That being said 2 guys that can hang through a long fight with any of those 3 by themselves, with those 3 being characters who also can beat WW on a regular basis.

Together working as a team they should be able to beat WW on a regular basis also.

Maybe 9/10 is extreme. but 7/10 surly isn't and in reality it's much closer to 8/10.

There my friend is MY LOGIC...

cool

You make a good points. Some people just arent looking at this logically. Theyll say "Wonder Woman lifted this" or "Shes in the same league as Supes". We just all have our own opinions so just let it be.

xmarksthespot
Your head seems to be as thick as Ben's prick...

Namor or The THING aren't fighting WW by themselves...

They are fighting her together...

And to your surprise i'm sure they've actually fought others who can... how you say... Eh...fly before.

What if Namor decides not to fly and just stays on the ground and stands next to Ben... Would WW have to come down from the sky to attack them?

I think so...

And even if he was flying around with WW does that mean he can't knock her to the ground into Ben's mits?

It's not that hard, again they've actually fought other beings that can fly in the past...

They've both been in teams before and know how to work as one.

Namor with characters that can't fly and Ben with characters that can fly.

It doesn't automatically mean it's then turned into one on one because WW can fly.

Thats ridiculous...

No retort i see with the HULK, THOR, Herc LOGIC eh...

Too LOGICAL...

I'd say. laughing out loud I just had a search through the old threads. Did you have a sock account to support yourself... that's just... sad...

Your logic is that of a two year old. A cat is a pet and a dog is a pet so a cat is a dog. The power of "heart" doesn't cut it on the boards, at least imo.

Oh and Thing has no phallus.

Wynndar
Thing does have a phallus... please demonstrate an actual comic where its stated otherwise. Its simply speculation by most that he doesnt have one...that and the funny cartoon people occasionally post. That is why he always wears shorts or pants or something...What it looks like, I dont know. But in an alternate dimension he did have kids...considering the texture of his skin he would need a woman with incredible durability like She-Hulk, She-Thing, or Wonder Woman.

Oh and about this thread. I dont really see how it makes any sense at all. Tony is right Thing and Namor have individually beaten a list of enemies a mile long. Making an argument like WW would blow Thing's head off with her little finger is pure garbage. 90% of the people in this forum have a disturbing hatred of the Thing that results in them giving him no credit at all. The fact that their knowledge of the Thing is mostly based on cartoons and the F4 movie doesnt help either. Thing has beaten the Destroyer and Hulk, taken the best from Champion with the power gem, Gladiator, Occulus,etc and survived a blast that destroyed a planet sized cosmic being. Thanos is really the only person who's treated him a b!tch...and he would do the same to WW anyway.

So yea...IMO Thing with Namor is certainly overkill...

xmarksthespot
The onus is on providing proof of the positive rather than the negative... but if you can find positive proof that he has a phallus I really don't want to see it... so let's just say he does.

Overkill? Let alone with Namor, you think Thing could do it alone? Really...?

Tony Stark
laughing out loud I just had a search through the old threads. Did you have a sock account to support yourself... that's just... sad...

Your logic is that of a two year old. A cat is a pet and a dog is a pet so a cat is a dog. The power of "heart" doesn't cut it on the boards, at least imo.

The answer is NO... I do not use another account in addition to this one.

3kvil came up with that b.s. when he couldn't get past the knowledge, and logic either and tried to discredit me and my posts.

As far as the cats and dogs... It seems that you can't get past it (HULK, THOR, Herc beating down WW and what that then means to this thread) because it's true... and it seems as if your not man enough to admit when your wrong... which is ok because few are on this site...

xmarksthespot
Hm... similarity in post style, avatar, name type, join date and bias if it was BS by k3vil then it's very convincing BS. Puh-lease, if I state something that's proven inaccurate then I'll very easily admit it, you've proven nothing other than that you make wolverine8888 look fair and balanced.

Thor would beat Namor and Thing. A Hulk incarnation amped enough to beat Wonder Woman would take down Thing and Namor.

The oversimplification of A>B therefore B<C only works if you can show that C>A.

Wynndar
Thing should not win against WW. However, he has beaten and taken worse i.e. the Destroyer and Champion who would anihilate Diana just the same. WW has higher stats in strength and speed. Thing is just good at fighting, he doesnt care how strong his opponent is. Add Namor to the equation and its not even fair anymore.

xmarksthespot
laughing out loud Thing and Wonder Woman is an even fight... and he has the same level of fighting skills...

Wynndar
Are you making that statement yourself?

Tony Stark
Hm... similarity in post style, avatar, name type, join date and bias if it was BS by k3vil then it's very convincing BS. Puh-lease, if I state something that's proven inaccurate then I'll very easily admit it, you've proven nothing other than that you make wolverine8888 look fair and balanced.

Thor would beat Namor and Thing. A Hulk incarnation amped enough to beat Wonder Woman would take down Thing and Namor.

The oversimplification of A>B therefore B<C only works if you can show that C>A.

I'd love see who he and now you are accusing me piggybacking with...

I'd like to see the similarities against my own account.

Please enlighten me.

Both THING and Namor have stalemated THOR solo through longer fights in the past...The THING has taken a godforce blast to the chest and gotten right up before.

Hulk doesn't need to start at an amped level at all to fight WW his normal strength progressions will do him just fine and he will burry WW.

cool

jrodslam
Thor would beat Namor and Thing.

And there sir lies the problem. Thor struggles against Namor alone. Like ive said before, Namor has been said to be in the same class as the likes of Thor, Hulk, and Hercules. Thor could beat Namor and Thing individualy, and vise versa. However, together theyd they whoop him.

A Hulk incarnation amped enough to beat Wonder Woman would take down Thing and Namor.

Once again Namor has beat savage Hulk before. He also beat Banner controlled Hulk, and was whooping Dark Hulk(Dont know exactly how strong he is). Thing puts up a good fight. Together they beat him too. I really dont see your point here.

WW could beat them individualy. Theres no doubts about that, but together shed win some and lose some. Just based off facts that Namor beat Savage Hulk who is stronger than Wonder Woman, stalemated Hercules on land who is probably equal to Wonder Woman, and put up a good fight against Thor who is probably stronger than Wonder Woman as well, inclines me to believe that Namor could do the same with her. Add Thing, and she goes down.

DarkCrawler

WW could beat them individualy. Theres no doubts about that, but together shed win some and lose some. Just based off facts that Namor beat Savage Hulk who is stronger than Wonder Woman, stalemated Hercules on land who is probably equal to Wonder Woman, and put up a good fight against Thor who is probably stronger than Wonder Woman as well, inclines me to believe that Namor could do the same with her. Add Thing, and she goes down.

Wonder Woman is probably faster then Herc, Hulk or Thor, though...lot faster.

Mindship
Hmmm. Why place this where Namor has no aqua? That automatically means he fights below par. I still think WW would take this, but at least, if she has to fight Namor in his element, she will have a much greater task. Of course, in all fairness, we should consider the following...

As for WW getting punched by Superman across space...as cool and dramatic as that is, we do have to keep in mind that DC plays like hell with the power levels...like when moons are being towed. If WW's (or Supes') power level stayed at that level constantly, they'd be nigh-cosmics, having no business dealing with planetary problems.

I mean, if we're gonna make That Punch canon, then let's be consistent: Storm Beats WW, and Batman's kicks affect Captain Marvel (whom, being on par with Superman means: Batman's kicks can affect a being who can help tow a celestial body).

Clearly, DC's fave pastime is hoover

jrodslam
Wonder Woman is probably faster then Herc, Hulk or Thor, though...lot faster.

She may be faster in running speed. However, usually when it comes to h2h combat, the superspeed is rarely used.

DarkCrawler
She may be faster in running speed. However, usually when it comes to h2h combat, the superspeed is rarely used.

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img140&image=ww212blindvsjla19qx.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img24&image=ww212blindvsjla30pe.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img218&image=ww212blindvsjla63ll.jpg

jrodslam
http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img140&image=ww212blindvsjla19qx.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img24&image=ww212blindvsjla30pe.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img218&image=ww212blindvsjla63ll.jpg

Ha now thats a prime example of CIS. Just like her catching Zoom.

I guess Mongul and Despero is faster than her? lol.

yahman
Diana lifted Asmodel's chariot which was the same size as San Francisco. That's not being in the same league. That's being clear and outright better.

I disagree about that being her greatest feat :

big grin

Mindship
Why is it that every time some ubertype wants to tow a celestial body (or even just an island), they do it with a chain ? Seems something like a tractor beam would be more efficient.

And where do they get these uberchains from? Super Home Depot? What are they made of? Somewhere there must an Uberforger, no? And if there are uberchains, why not an uberspit, you know, so someone like Galactus could do planetary shishkabab?

Chains. So medievel.

LethalFemme
The really funny thing that I don't understand about the whole moon moving thing is if Diana herself was granted the strength of the entire earth and Superman is stronger than her and that cutie Kyle is a GL why all three of them shouldn't she be able to do it herself?

And oh she really hands Thing and Namor asses she could just use Thing as a club to beat Namor.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>