Most Emotional Scene in SW?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
In your opinion, what is it? Out of the entire saga.

Darth Avis
overlord's sig

Deus Ex
I'd have to say...

When Obi-wan has his breakdown on Mustafar.

Darth_Glentract
The Purge.

Captain REX
Obi-Wan's breakdown, Vader's revealing of the truth, or Vader making his final decision.

overlord
When Darth Maul suddenly died I cried like a baby.. cry

Se7in
The Purge. Close second is Obi's breakdown.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Se7in
The Purge. Close second is Obi's breakdown. Ditto.

Dan Skywalker
Order 66, the only scene to bring me close to tears in a movie.

Ianus
Originally posted by Dan Skywalker
Order 66, the only scene to bring me close to tears in a movie.

This is sad. If a bunch of fictional jedi getting pwned makes you cry, I'd hate to see you at your hamster's funeral.

ESB- 1138
Obi-Wan: You were my brother Anakin...I loved you.

Gryn Jabar
Getting banned here at KMC. That, and Anakin screaming out "I hate you!" THAT, shows how far he's fallen, not his little debate with Obi-Wan.

SS_181st_Snow
Anakin's "I HATE YOU!" and on the first part of Order 66, when the music is playing, and Ki-Adi's voice echoes, the clones stop and aim at him...that was heart-wrenching.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
and on the first part of Order 66, when the music is playing, and Ki-Adi's voice echoes, the clones stop and aim at him...that was heart-wrenching.
I found that bit tacked on. That and the fact his forehead looked like a wrinkled dildo really ruined it for me.

SS_181st_Snow
The fact that you, at any time, think a fictional character's head looks like a penis, makes me question your sexuality..

Ianus
What if I said that Artoo is particularly phallic looking? Am I suddenly gay?

SS_181st_Snow
No, I said "Question" it. I'm not going to start making outright assumptions.

SnakeEyes
I would have to say Anakin's: "I HATE YOU" and the dialogue that followed were the most emotional. I really do like that part though. To me, it shows how noble Obi-Wan is, yet at the same time how evil Anakin has become.

Now... I'm gonna switch up the rules a little bit. Name the most emotional scene from the prequels, and then the most emotional from the original trilogy. Tell why as well.

Ianus
Well, I agree. When Anakin said he hated Obi-wan it sent a chill down my spine. And Obi-Wan's breakdown was long deserved. He gets f-ed more than anyone else in the series really.

For the OT, I would have to say the final battle,of course. When Vader steps in to save his son it's just a splendid moment.

Family_guy725
i didnt thin any of it was sad but the most disapointing part was when they killed all the jedi younglings anakin is a sick ****

Gryn Jabar
PT: Mentioned above.
OT: At the very end, when Vader is burning.
EU: I haven't read TOTJ yet so I'd have to say the confrontation in the ruins of the Jedi temple in KOTOR2.

Tru_Slice
I also say the scence where Obi says "You were my brother, Anakin!"

In fact, that was the BEST scene in the whole movie.

It's the way that Ewan's voice cracks that just makes its so emotional.

I found myself a little chocked up as well.

Dirk Jade
Whats "The Purge" (dont make fun of me please) i think when Mace Dies and anakins all like "What have i done?!" that was pretty emotional..

and for Original Trillogy Empire Strikes Back when Lando Betrays them and Han gets tortured and he goes back into the room and lies down and says "they didnt even ask me any questions..." so Vader was doing it for his own sick pleasure... thats F***ED UP

SithHappens
No he did it so Luke would sense Han's pain. The most emotianal scene IMO was ESB when Luke is beaten; "He told me enough, he told me you killed." from there on when he says "No! That's impossible!" Then he finally decides to drop rather than disappoint Obi-Wan and Yoda. Really got to me.

Darth Faunus
Prequels:

The Jedi Purge/Order 66. Ki-Adi-Mundi's death was, as said, heart-wrenching. Not because of the character himself, but because how it was presented.

Obi-Wan's 'breakdown' on Mustafar. The obvious one.

The Battle of Coruscant in the beginning, simply because it showed how close the two had become, and how the war had turned them into an unstoppable duo without taking from their character. This amplified the scene at the end, because you see how far down the Dark path Anakin has gone.

Originals:

Vader saving his son, and destroying the Sith forever. The prophecy comes full-circle.

The aftermath of the battle, when Luke and the others celebrate on Endor. The music did most of it, really.

Dan Skywalker
Originally posted by Ianus
This is sad. If a bunch of fictional jedi getting pwned makes you cry, I'd hate to see you at your hamster's funeral.
For someone like me who has followed the stories and lives of the various Jedi since I was 9, seeing them being killed with the brilliant score by john williams was really moving. The way that the scenes were played out especially Ki-Adi Mundi's was really moving and well directed.
Even if it is fictional doesnt necessarly mean you cant feel anything for the characters, thats what happens I guess when you get so involved in something like Star Wars for so long and so indepth.

Btw, i dont have a hamster

FistOfThe North
The part where Obi Wan tiresomely said "I have failed you, Anakin. I have failed you" while nodding to himself as if he were telling himself that he indeed did fcuked up with Anakin. The 'ol eyes welled up for an instantaneous second, i blinked it off.

The part on Mustafar where Anakin was slowly sliding down that slope trying to climb back up, tearlessly and quietly crying out of pure fury while looked at Obi Wan, eyes turned red and the somber music came. I kinda put my hand under my chin rubbing it, just like "fcuk Anakin, why..why.." Just had the saddest feeling. And of course the Obi Wan part after that.

And for some odd reason, the part in Ep. 3 where vader walked the plank, cape swaying, to meet with the Emperor and Tarkin. There was a depression i felt about it, the music helped of course..BTW, that scene reminded me of ESB.

In Clones, it had to be Yoda vS Dooku. I saw it opening day at the newer bigger theatres with stadium style seating and huge screens. So there were alot of people. When Yoda came out, and Dooku turned around surprised most of the theatre started clapping and whistling loud, but when Yoda came on screen with the panning camera half circling him while he pulled back his tunic western style and had a mean look on him face and Force grabbed his saber and attacked Dooku spinning romantically the way he did the whole theatre just lost it and went berserk as i did, the whole theater stood up and roared and rooted mad loud. I couldn't even hear the fight, lol ill never forget it.

With Ep. 1 , it was the 1st time i saw Padawan Obi Wan aboard that ship, i was held back, like "wow, ..look at Old Ben"

ROTJ, has to be the part while and right after Vader is burning in his Jedi funeral and the song right after that with the scenes showing all the worlds celebrating, especially Coruscant, where you can see the Senate Rotund and the Jedi Temple.

In ESB, It had to be the end where Chewie and Lando took off to get Han, while Luke had his hand on Leia's shoulder watching from the ship with r2 and 3po close by, and the music..Then the entire rebel fleet.

With a New Hope, It had to be the Obi Wan getting killed by Anakin scene and the music from that scene of course.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
In your opinion, what is it? Out of the entire saga.

Opps, i misread

lol, my bad...

Insane Monk
The briefing on the flagship in Episode 6. Especialy "Many bothans died to bring us this information."

overlord
Most emotional scene? One word: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Ianus
Originally posted by overlord

LMFAO!

And btw, Dan, I was teasing you. That was an emotional scene. Doesn't top the end of T2, but still... pretty tearjerkingly dramatic.

maifoshis
i think the end of e3 with the homestead and the lars family carrying baby luke while watching the binary sunset is a pretty emotional scene its all about a new hope and gives you goose bumos

Captain REX
Originally posted by overlord

Hurray for ruining great scenes with fanboyism... no expression

Lana
I'd say there's three that really did it for me, as most emotional.

Obi-wan's breakdown on Mustafar and Anakin saying "I hate you!", Luke and Vader's duel on Bespin in ESB and the "I am your father" bit (which is my absolute favorite scene in the entire saga), and their duel in ROTJ and Vader killing the Emporer to save Luke.

Captain REX
I agree. yes

General Kaliero
PT: Tie between the Jedi Purge and Obi's Breakdown. When the purge happened, and the troopers were dropping Jedi after Jedi, I just felt this huge weight of betrayal grow in my chest, even though I knew it had to happen. With Obi-wan, it was how you could see how truly broken he was: he had failed his best friend, and despite everything had still sentenced him to a horrible death.

OT: the most emotional scene for me was in RotJ when Vader lures Luke out of hiding. "If you will not turn, perhaps she will..." Luke ignites his saber with a yell of fury, and as he attacks, the music swells into what is probably the best part of the entire movie's score. John Williams constructed a piece there that really communicates the culmination of fear, hatred, and darkness, and it just makes the whole movie for me.

overlord
Originally posted by Captain REX
Hurray for ruining great scenes with fanboyism... no expression

wow.. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.