Star Wars Galaxies, what happend?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CobbleR
I was reading the SWG forums and from what I could accumulate from the little information, Creature Handlers are being taken out of the game and all that good stuff. If anyone knows what's happening please update me.

exanda kane
Something about only 7 templates to chose now (smuggler, bh etc.) instead of loads of cool professions sad. My subscriptions ran out so I cant check :/

overlord
Every job is now being magically transformed in being a jedi because of complaints and lawsuits.

CobbleR
Glad I listened to my friend and switched to World of Warcraft before all this happend.

Ianus
Ugh. WoW sucks. I friggin' hate that thing. I have lost friends to that game, and it's not even that good.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Ianus
Ugh. WoW sucks. I friggin' hate that thing. I have lost friends to that game, and it's not even that good.

Exactly. The Matrix Online was pretty Dope and City of Villians.

CobbleR
The reason I switched to WoW was because my friend said the PvP was better than Galaxies. Being a Hunter is WoW is almost like being a Creature Handler in SWG, which is another reason I like it.

Ianus
I hate WoW for being too basic and horrible looking. For a company that brought us the gritty, dark world of Warcraft, the game looks like a cheap cartoon deal.

And it lags like hell.

CobbleR
It doesn't lag as much as SWG does. The graphics aren't too bad IMO. I think the real fun part of WoW is just going to a lowbie town and killing everyone.

Ianus
Exactly why I hated it. It's a hack and slash online deal. Who the hell wants that? I like objective based gameplay. I would have liked real wars going on back and forth. Neither game offers on that one.

CobbleR
SWG had pretty big scaled battles, and in WoW you could always do Battlegrounds or go questing. Battlegrounds has two teams of ten and it's pretty much a capture the flag sort of thing. What do you guys think of Lineage 2?

SS_181st_Snow
What about Guild Wars? It has a lot of objective-based stuff, and it also basicly requires team work, with some PVP whenever you want. Plus no monthly fee.

Gryn Jabar
Nowadays WoW supports full PVP and Battlegrounds. SWG has a HUGE war going around, it's really exploded.

CobbleR
I tried Guild Wars for a little bit. It didn't really catch my intrest, the PvP is alright, but I didn't like how you're only with other players when you're in towns or in groups.

SS_181st_Snow
Yeah, that is a bit of a letdown, but on the bright side, more monsters for your groups, means more xp, and less of them n00bs takin' your kill. Y'know, when the monster has 2000 HP, you lower it down to 1 HP, and this stupid 8 year old comes and takes it and says "yeh im the best i killed this lvl i rule u suxors".

CobbleR
Hasn't happend to me yet, but I have had people steal my missions in SWG. WoW doesn't have the maturity level of SWG which is a bummer because I hate rolling need for something and people that want it start yelling at me because I don't need it. No one in that game knows anything about other classes but their own. I hate when people end arguements with "its fine l2p(Learn to play)", or "lern ur class nub".

Ianus
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Nowadays WoW supports full PVP and Battlegrounds. SWG has a HUGE war going around, it's really exploded.

If I could be strong enough to leave the bloody Mos Eisley area I might have noticed a war going on.

overlord
What a sucky game if you can't even leave Tatooine..
You know what would be even more sucky? If you were to become a jedi.

If you die three times you have to start all over again. Even if the server crashes. I'd rather be some bounty hunter in that case.

Nactous
Originally posted by Ianus
That I agree with, I have never seen people since they started playing.

overlord
Hahaha! Yeah, my friends are even not going out because of that game. And when they do.. They are all talking about WoW in the pub. It's quite annoying.

Sesse
WOW

What a waste OF our Wordly time...

But hey, It's their youth they are wasting!
After a few years they can look back and see what they have gotten for their devotion. And that certainly isn't much...

Ianus
Originally posted by overlord
Hahaha! Yeah, my friends are even not going out because of that game. And when they do.. They are all talking about WoW in the pub. It's quite annoying.

I know the feeling. Of course, Halo 2 isn't much better. I have friends and old roommates who still play both WoW and Halo 2 for over a year now. I'm surprised they don't have cramped thumbs yet.
I think it's realy stupid.

exanda kane
Its a shame that a lot of SWG gamers got distrcated by WoW - they ae pretty similar tbh; but WoW is a wannabee copy of Lord Of The Rings - which is on par with SW for best franchise etc. - while SWG is the real 'thang' as it were :P.

mace=badass
http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-1046.htm

big grin

Gryn Jabar
At least WoW music videos have partial nudity
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/nudewow.html

mace=badass
That is disturbing.

Gryn Jabar
I really don't give a shit. Your emotions are none of my concern.

mace=badass
If you wish to stare at animated naked women do so......But its animated dude!!!

CobbleR
Originally posted by exanda kane
WoW is a wannabee copy of Lord Of The Rings - which is on par with SW for best franchise etc. - while SWG is the real 'thang' as it were :P.

I have to agree with you on that level, but for all you people saying WoW gamers are wasting their lives, you would have to say the same thing about everyone that plays video games. I liked SWG because it was Star Wars but with the removal of a lot of fun professions and my favorite one, I don't see myself switching back to it. WOW is fun, if you're friends play it and you want to relate with them, then go buy a copy rather bashing on it.

CobbleR
I change my mind about agreeing with Exanda, the cinematic trailer makes it seem that way but if you actually played the game you would know that it's not.

exanda kane
Fair enuf CobbleR. Just letting you know I have played WoW adn can still make that judgement.

Im just reinvigorating this thread to ask if anybody is playing SWG at the mo and how they like the NGE (New Game Enhancements). My subscription has run out for the time being so I've been cut off as it were.

Ianus
Mine ran out too and I havne't bothered to revive it.

exanda kane
lol. well I just stumbled upon the new-look website and was intrigued by peoples opinion.

Ianus
Good or bad?

exanda kane
As I said, my subscription ran out just days before it was updated so I dont know.

Its a shame you can't multi-task on Professions. I was a Master Architect, Master Artisan, Master Smuggler. Or at least I dont think you can....

Last thing I remember was my guild had a humungous civil war with one of the leaders surrounding the city with his building so the city couldnt grow...which was nice... whistle

Ianus
That sounds interesting. I barely played long enough to get anywhere, though I did hit every unique locale on Tattooine.

exanda kane
It is. But all the planets do feel empty and thats a shame. When you have such a inconic license as Star Wars and use one of its signature planets like Tatooine and dont even fill it with much content its just a harroiwng experience going there.

Plus i am in need of a new video card...

Ianus
My computer is uber now, better than it was when I last played the game, so hopefully lag won't be an issue.

But yeah, the planets are pretty dead. And I don't care for the repetitive missions. Few of them are ever scaled to my level. Like when I was new I took an Imperial mission. Guy sends me to an abandoned Imp base loaded with Tuskan Raiders, the likes of which I could never hope to defeat, even one on one.

exanda kane
Well before the new update everything was focused on a Dantooine Grind - players would get up to Combat Level 80 in days...not sure if that still happens though.

And it was because of that grind that I stopped with the grinding and went for crafting professions which can be very satifying when your lounging around the house you crafted from materials you located and mined, and the furniture all of which you made, just hanging on guild chat.

Plus I only have half the physical memory that i ecommended to play it...so Combat got a little laggy most of the time aswell as transport between planets.

Another thing that begun to bug me was the emphasis on high level only quests, leaving little to do for anyone else apart from grinding, Mustafa (the latest planet added) pretty much neglects low levels entirely...

But I had a lack of interest when playing WoW I returned to SWG.

And dammit! Why cant they just shove content from every other SW game into SWG!
I mean wouldn't Taris or Dxun just be brilliant?

Ianus
They would be brilliant. Especially Dxun, which I thought was a neat looking planet (Second to Manaan and Korriban).

I was not terribly impressed with Correllia, but then again I didn't get to view it very good before because I had a weaker computer. Now it probably looks amazing.

exanda kane
I just hung out on Talus in my good ol' crafting days and because the planet was so empty I could put all the settings up to max and it looked wonderful. Btw Talus is the sister planet of Coreillia or something.

And yes Dxun was amazing. I would also love Alderaan but the downside is that that has been destroyed.

Another problem is that the servers just cant hold the amount of people with all these new planets so SWG is quite trapped at the moment.
And there are too much Jedi. You can see one every 2 hours or so and this is set just after ANH...but I should stop complaining about the game.

Boris
They totally ****ed it up, that's what happened..... sad

Odysseus
Th only online game I play is Runescape since it only costs 5 bucks a month.

Gen. Chambers
You can't really make a character for WoW. They give you very limited choices at least SWG had a bigger varity of choices to go by.

Darth Koroni
Eh. Play Planeshift and it will give you an appreciation for your MMOs. It doesn't have crafting, the NPCs are awkward conversationaly wise, the graphic are messed up in places, and the combat system isn't even completed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.