The Boondocks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

powerfulone1987
This show just premiered on Adult Swim Saturday at 11pm.

I found it quite interesting and funny.

Be warned. Some racial remarks about both blacks and whites.

But it's all in good fun and I like it.

Is it comprehensible.....

Darthburgerking
I liked it a lot too, but I liked the comic and it's almost exactly the same as that, still good though.

powerfulone1987
I even watched the rerun of the show that came on a couple hours after the premiere and then I watched the rerun of the premiere again tonight, that makes three times.
I'll watch the new episode tomorrow night also.

By the way, this thread is already made, no room for repeats, thank you.

is it comprehensible.....

Darth Macabre
LoL, I think it was Hysterical. LoL The cheese part was funny.

Inspectah Deck
This show is hilarious

powerfulone1987
Yeah, I liked the part of the first episode when that black man that works for the white man was talking to the Grandfather and saying" They must think your @$$ smells like daisies and cinnamon" and that whole bit.

is it comrpehensible.....

Darth Macabre
Tonights episode was quite funny. Ruckus is the funniest person on the show in my opinion.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Yeah, I liked the part of the first episode when that black man that works for the white man was talking to the Grandfather and saying" They must think your @$$ smells like daisies and cinnamon" and that whole bit.

is it comrpehensible.....

I liked the episode when thy went to some fancy party and the boy shot the teenager that just came from the middle east laughing out loud

powerfulone1987
Yeah that was the first episode, the premiere episode. That also contains the bit I mentioned above that I thought was funny.

Inspectah Deck
Yes, very comprehensible

Inspectah Deck
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boondocks_%28television_series%29

T.V.O.T.I.
I love the boondocks. I have been a fan since the very beginning. I find that I relate a lot to Huey's comic incarnation. People you have to go pick up the books!! There are some very noticeable differences in the characters personalities.

I love the 3rd episode about the gold diggin stripper/pros. Its really funny. I feel sry for Granddad though. sad

powerfulone1987
Grandpa was stupidly oblivious.

Inspectah Deck
True

powerfulone1987
I keep trying to imagine those voices coming out of Regina King's mouth, but I just can't see it.

T.V.O.T.I.
lol

Inspectah Deck
laughing out loud

T.V.O.T.I.
I still have to watch lastnights episode. I guess I could do it now.

powerfulone1987
stop bragging.

You could also watch the rerun on saturday.

Darth Macabre
Last nights episode was ehh alright. It didnt grab my attention like the other episodes did.

powerfulone1987
I'll have to watch the rerun, b/c i wasn't paying as close attention as I could/should have...........stupid kmc....

T.V.O.T.I.
stop bragging.

You could also watch the rerun on saturday.

bragging? wtf are you on? messed

I just wanted to keep this thread alive.

....meh...

I liked the epsiode though, it was funny as hell to me, but that could be due to the fact that I was very sleepy. Huey looked so cool as a swordsman.

Inspectah Deck
Boondocks has that anime look

T.V.O.T.I.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/tears_of_madness_1/BlindNiggaSamurai.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/tears_of_madness_1/Huey1.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/tears_of_madness_1/Huey2.jpg

stunna1773
freakin sweet dis show kicks ass

T.V.O.T.I.
Originally posted by stunna1773
freakin sweet dis show kicks ass
yes

HIM ava eek!

YOU kick ass

Inspectah Deck
Wish I had an afro like that kid

powerfulone1987
not me.

Leo.M
LOVE THAT SHOW droolio

XxILuvVegetaxX
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Boondocks has that anime look

yup thas cuz da creator wuz fond of the art style big grin

I love that show it sooo funny

Inspectah Deck
not me.

Why not? sad

powerfulone1987
Because I don't want an afro.

T.V.O.T.I.
I think Huey has a 'fro because he's really doesn't care to maintain his hair. lol

Inspectah Deck
Because I don't want an afro.

Be specific

T.V.O.T.I.
why do you want a damn 'fro?

powerfulone1987
I don't feel like being specific. Some people have them some people don't, some people want them, some people don't.
I'm one of those people that don't. Because I don't.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by T.V.O.T.I.
why do you want a damn 'fro?

laughing out loud

I don't feel like being specific. Some people have them some people don't, some people want them, some people don't.
I'm one of those people that don't. Because I don't.

Looks like somebody has mid-term this semester

powerfulone1987
just took my exam for chem yesterday and I have a psych exam tuesday, then i'm finite.

Inspectah Deck
Think you passed?

powerfulone1987
I know I did.

I studied from 1pm to 11:30pm on thursday.

Inspectah Deck
smart

powerfulone1987
And that's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

Inspectah Deck
Gonna watch Boondocks tonight

JacopeX
Im watchin the boondocks right now. I like the intro theme song. Who's the artist.

Inspectah Deck
I dunno

powerfulone1987
OH, yeah I forgot the new episode comes on tonight. I would have remember b/c it's set in my cell phone as a reminder. But I watched the some of the rerun as I was on the computer.
It's funny in the beginning how that old man keeps saying "nigga".

XxILuvVegetaxX
Originally posted by JacopeX
Im watchin the boondocks right now. I like the intro theme song. Who's the artist.
yea i lyke the intro song too big grin

i am the stone that the builder refused
i am the visual
the inspiration
that made lady sings the blues

i'm the spark that makes your idea bright
the same spark
that lights the dark
so that you can know your left from your right

i am the ballot in your box
the bullet in your gun
that inner glow
that lets you know
to call your brothers son

the story that just begun
the promise of what's to come
and imma remain a soldier
til' the war is won

fun. chop chop chop
flip. chop chop chop
flip. chop chop chop
flip. chop chop chop

derryck "big tank" thornton,aaron mcgruder, n gabriel benn
asheru

stunna1773
last nights episode wuz so funny i couldnt stop laughin

Inspectah Deck

Hell yeah. I was rolling laughing

"Run that shit nigga!"

XxILuvVegetaxX
same! jump

powerfulone1987
Think you passed?

Aced it.

T.V.O.T.I.
lol me...3 I guess that's what number I am.

powerfulone1987
can you say CONFUSING? I can.

Inspectah Deck
Aced it.

thumb up

powerfulone1987
And you know this.

T.V.O.T.I.
can you say CONFUSING? I can.

as in me TWO..me 3

powerfulone1987
OH, you know vat, when i first read it I had to take a second look to get it, but then i came back days later and forgot i understood it and just posted that post.
Whoda thunkit.

aklasu
I miss the show often too. This site blackbookforum.com has all the episodes. They play in your browser, load pretty quickly too. I always go there when I miss an episode. Hope it helps.

powerfulone1987
well i haven't missed an episode yet.
I liked last nights episode. It's a good thing I got an alarm set in my cell to let me know when it's coming on, b/c i keep forgetting, b/c im not use to having a show like this one that i look forward to coming on on a Sunday Night. It feels like a Friday or Saturday kind of show.

I had some problems with the episode though.
Why were the thugs who came to the hospital chasing that little boy with the corn rolls (yes I know i should know the names, but it fails me right now) and when they got that prejudice fat black man who was mopping to tell them where mos def was, why when he found him with the little boy, he said there "they" go. Why would he say "they" if they asked him to find just "mos def", he would have said there "he" go.
I was really surprised when I thought they had violently shot mos def, i thought that might be a little too much. And when they kissed and had that slobber all hanging and connecting from one lip to the other person's lips, it was nasty. I saw it coming but was still surprised. You can tell one thing. The people who run this show aint afraid of nobody,lol.

Burner
I heard an ill Inspectah Deck song in one of the episodes, can anyone tell me the name of the song or any other information that might help me?

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Burner
I heard an ill Inspectah Deck song in one of the episodes, can anyone tell me the name of the song or any other information that might help me?

Which episode was that?

Did anyone see last night's episode. The ending was really gay sick

powerfulone1987
Yeah, literally the ending was, as it had two guys kissing, but I don't think the ending was gay in any other way.

Inspectah Deck
Why did that guy kiss Gangstalicious anyway?

Anyone think Gangstalicious was a parody of Fiddy Cent?

powerfulone1987
He kissed him b/c they had a thing for a short while, and did stuff together, if you know what i mean.
And what about that has to do with Fifty Cent, he's not gay and he has a child.

Inspectah Deck
I asked if anyone thought Gangstalicious was a parody of 50 Cent

XxILuvVegetaxX
i thnk it was

powerfulone1987
i would have to look at it again, but of all of the gangsta type people in the world, I don't remember anything about him making me think of Fifty Cents.

Inspectah Deck
i would have to look at it again, but of all of the gangsta type people in the world, I don't remember anything about him making me think of Fifty Cents.

Who did he remind you of?

powerfulone1987
nobody, just another character in the show to me.

powerfulone1987
god, this whole time i didn't realize i was talking to you inspectah, because you changed your sig and avatar.

Inspectah Deck
god, this whole time i didn't realize i was talking to you inspectah, because you changed your sig and avatar.

laughing

powerfulone1987
don't laugh.

Tengu Man
Why did that guy kiss Gangstalicious anyway?

Anyone think Gangstalicious was a parody of Fiddy Cent? he was voiced by Mos Def ya kno, but i wouldnt surprised, The Boondocks is show all about messages, and humor here and there, i think the best symbolism was when the white gangstas were pointin guns at the Arabian store owner claimin he had a gun, when he really didnt, very clever.

powerfulone1987
I thought that the character that was voiced by mos def, was named mos def in the show.

Inspectah Deck
don't laugh.

To late

I thought that the character that was voiced by mos def, was named mos def in the show.

You said Gangstalicious was

nobody, just another character in the show to me.

Tengu Man
Originally posted by Burner
I heard an ill Inspectah Deck song in one of the episodes, can anyone tell me the name of the song or any other information that might help me? was it the fight in the forest with the blind nigga samurai, cuz that song is called Guillotinz by Raekwon, Ghostface, GZA. Inspectah Deck starts off in that song.

powerfulone1987
I saw a commercial of the rerun and was reminded that Gangstalicious was the name of the character that Mos Def voiced. I thought he was named Mos Def after Mos Def since that's who voiced the character.

Black Rob
The Christmas episode was hilarious. My favorite part was Riley's letter to Santa.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Black Rob
The Christmas episode was hilarious. My favorite part was Riley's letter to Santa.

I like the part when Riley started shotting Santa

powerfulone1987
For some reason, that show just isn't memorable to me as the other shows were. I had to think for a minute what the christmas show was about after reading yall's post.

I guess my favorite part was....believe it or not, it's been 5 minutes or more and I still can't think of one. I've been to the kitchen and back and still can't think of one. Still thinking......minutes still flying by...umm........
...I guess it was the beginning with the girl having the dream of being the preacher in the church. Yeah that's it, b/c when i saw the previews, i was really looking forward to that part. Her voice was very funny on that part in some of the stuff she was preaching, while trying to sound like those preachers sound. Funny stuff.

JLred
I love this show and especially how Riley at the end of the episode comes up with alot of bshit about how he was dreaming that Gangstalicious was gay........also how they miss every shot......

and the beggining where Riley is shown as Scarface and is Huey Malcom X? I never got that picture........

T.V.O.T.I.
You get it now though right?

Riley is wants to be a gangsta and Huey wants to be a revolutionary.

stuey
boondocks this show is awesome u guys seen rapper gansta licous that one was funny wait u guys see santa claus one rily was kicking santa ass it was funny!!! eek!

powerfulone1987
you think they'll all funny right?

yeah....

I do too.

JLred
I like the Santa-stalker.....how Santa's running out the door and Rileys aiming and says something but then runs out of bullets....

Burner
Which episode was that?

Did anyone see last night's episode. The ending was really gay sick

I think it was the episode where the grandfather fights the blind guy, but I'm not positive.

Altar[1stONE]
the show is nice as a whole , but i dont know the two kids annoy me or maybe its their voices. knowing its probably some 30 year old women voiceing them both. the whole ebonics talk and the activist crap gets to me after awhile.

"PULL THAT TRIGGA NOW!"- charlie murphey is funny

JLred
Its that thug'n love....

ariwin
Originally posted by Altar
the show is nice as a whole , but i dont know the two kids annoy me or maybe its their voices. knowing its probably some 30 year old women voiceing them both. the whole ebonics talk and the activist crap gets to me after awhile.

"PULL THAT TRIGGA NOW!"- charlie murphey is funny

charlie murphy and samuel L 's characters OWN!

honestly, my expectations were pretty low, so i'm pleased w/ how this turned out.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by JLred
Its that thug'n love....
ha, yeah, they use that music clip/video quite a bit.

JLred
ha, yeah, they use that music clip/video quite a bit.

Only Riley knows he's gay....and he doesn't believe it....

Riley and Huey are twins if you think about it......

"You all niggas are gay"

powerfulone1987
I have "How Stella got her groove back" on right now and Regina sounds just like Huey and Riley in some parts so I can see her making their voices now, b/c she does sound like them.

JLred
Really?

they are twins right?

powerfulone1987
I never thought they were twins.

JLred
Their facial features are practically the same the only difference is the hair.....

powerfulone1987
and their height and the fact that Huey looks and acts much older than Riley.

JLred
If you say so...

I still think they are.....

ariwin
I think that it might be difficult to distinguish the two of them if you're not familiar with the comic.

I've never had an issue though.

powerfulone1987
ummmmm................ookkkaayyyy.

No problem here buddy.

JLred
The comic looks way different......

I wanna record the ep. tonight for my friend who dont have cable...

powerfulone1987
What episode is coming on tonight?

JLred
Saturday was about Ed and Gin trying to steal Oprah

TOdays is about RIley spraypainting with the artist.......

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by JLred
Saturday was about Ed and Gin trying to steal Oprah

TOdays is about RIley spraypainting with the artist.......
yeah, i know those eps. are coming on those days, wasn't talking about those days.

JLred
then what days were you talking about?

powerfulone1987
I was talking about the exact day in which I made the post in which we're referring to, whichever day that was.

phantom_man
Anybody that wants to see sum Boondocks music videos goto the video section of siaura.com. There's a nice one of that Samurai scene.

JLred
Well Boondocks ended....

powerfulone1987
What are you getting at?

Phat J
this shows funny as hell

if you go to google video you can watch all the episodes, they only come on at like 230 where i live so i hardly ever get to see them.

JLred
The last show of the first season came out.....I cant wait for the second season....

InnerRise
I hadn't realized there was a 2nd Season.

Impediment

Flyattractor
Yeah it can be kind of difficult to follow a show when the spans in between seasons are longer the the actual series itself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.