Captain America versus Daredevil!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peejayd
* Cap has advantage on fighting ability, strength...
* DD has advantage on agility, radar sense...

* Cap got an unduplicated, indestructible adamantium-vibranium alloy shield, used very efficiently...
* DD got a multi-purpose billy-club, also used very efficiently...

* so, who wins?

AcousticDoc
cap wins 100 percent of the time.

jrodslam
Excellent fight. Cap wins a slight majority 6/10.

JediMasterLuke5
Cap wins, he's a better fighter and is stronger.

Darth Macabre
Im going with DareDevil, he's to agile for Cap. Good fight though. DareDevil wins 6/10.

The margin between H2H prowess is to minimal for either one to argue that hes better then the other. But with DD's ability to "Predict" moves gives him the slight edge. Atleast in my opinion.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Im going with DareDevil, he's to agile for Cap. Good fight though. DareDevil wins 6/10.

The margin between H2H prowess is to minimal for either one to argue that hes better then the other. But with DD's ability to "Predict" moves gives him the slight edge. Atleast in my opinion.

I agree with Darth here. This fight is far too close, but with DD's ability to pretty much sense the attack before it happens...that pretty much enables him to gain the victory here.

Daredevil 6/10.

wolverine8888
stamina will win this fight more times then not and that captain who has superior stamina

joesha28
Yup Cap got the stamina and match DD skill

AcousticDoc
It would be a good fight but if Captain America just keeps on the offensive continously, Daredevil is going to tire out.

joesha28
It very rare to see Daredevil tire.

peejayd
Originally posted by jrodslam
big grin

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2644/ddvscapandherc7gy.th.jpg

* i think DD wins...

wolverine8888
he got lucky. u ever see the rest of the? I dont even thing captian was koed.

jrodslam
Cap was out cold.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8392/ddvswidow7hq.th.jpg

peejayd
Originally posted by wolverine8888
he got lucky. u ever see the rest of the? I dont even thing captian was koed.

* dude, it's not "luck"... it's called "radar sense"...

* if you want to talk about "luck", i think Wolverine got plenty of them... stick out tongue

wolverine8888
? wolverien ahs luck? when? also again I did not mean luck more as I ment DD surprized him. do u think captian would fall for that again?. also why the hell is hercules still on the ground in not like that should of hurt him that much.

peejayd
? wolverien ahs luck? when? also again I did not mean luck more as I ment DD surprized him. do u think captian would fall for that again?. also why the hell is hercules still on the ground in not like that should of hurt him that much.

* DD surprised Cap? look & read the scan again... Cap throws his shield first, obviously he already knows there's something going on...

* and Cap lunges and leaps over DD... now that's a good display of a level-7 fighting ability...

also why the hell is hercules still on the ground in not like that should of hurt him that much.

* ask Hercules, why a level-7 strength still on ground, after being hit by Cap's shield... stick out tongue

wolverine8888
read it he was surpirzed that dd read his move. imgainc eif he new dd could do that? there no way he would allow him sefl to be taken like that again.
herc getting almost koed by a deflected shield is just crap writing.

jrodslam
read it he was surpirzed that dd read his move. imgainc eif he new dd could do that? there no way he would allow him sefl to be taken like that again.
herc getting almost koed by a deflected shield is just crap writing.

If Cap knew DD could read his move, what do you think Cap would do?

Youd be surprised what that shield can do.

K Von Doom
I was going to say Cap but after seeing that fight... DD 8/10

wolverine8888
captain would fight him a lot like he has foughten telepaths befor.
ya but still herc=thor that should not of happen

ImmortalOne
Cap beated THOR a GOD !!!

wolverine8888
when?

ImmortalOne
Thor... many times

wolverine8888
capt beat thor?

ImmortalOne
In a fist fight.... Thor is this dude who lived for eons... got bitchslaped by rogers !!

joesha28
You're nuts!

wolverine8888
in fighting skill or an actauly fight?

ImmortalOne
Thor was depowered that time.... I swear someone posted this before..

joesha28
Beaten?! I remembered it as a tie, showing Thor fighting skills as equal to Captain.

joesha28
Can someone post the scans of Daredevil vs Spiderman. I knew they clashed a couple of times.

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by joesha28
Can someone post the scans of Daredevil vs Spiderman. I knew they clashed a couple of times.

I wanna see that too!

peejayd
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Cap beated THOR a GOD !!!

* what's more surprising is, you see nothing wrong with it... sad

NoFate007
50/50 in my opinion. However if I had to give the advantage to someone it would be Daredevil because of the radar. If Cap had a bit of prep time I think he'd get an advantage but as it stands just a fight in the middle of nowhere with no knowledge, Daredevil has a SLIGHT advantage but its overall 50/50 shot.

peejayd
Originally posted by NoFate007
50/50 in my opinion. However if I had to give the advantage to someone it would be Daredevil because of the radar. If Cap had a bit of prep time I think he'd get an advantage but as it stands just a fight in the middle of nowhere with no knowledge, Daredevil has a SLIGHT advantage but its overall 50/50 shot.

* if there's a slight DD advantage, i think it's 50.5/49.5 wink

* nah, just kidding... stick out tongue

ImmortalOne
Why I side to Cap, is....... DD gets "seducted by words" easily, when fighting he often drops his guard because his opponent is mocking him....

And Cap, well, he HAS CHARISMA !!

peejayd
* Cap is also superly overrated... World Wars, Mutant Wars, Man Wars, etc., it's okay... but Celestial Wars? Space Wars? damn...

ImmortalOne
Caps not ovveratted, wolverine is !!

Lucid Lui
Why I side to Cap, is....... DD gets "seducted by words" easily, when fighting he often drops his guard because his opponent is mocking him.... Examples of this happening...?

brainchild81
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
The margin between H2H prowess is to minimal for either one to argue that hes better then the other. But with DD's ability to "Predict" moves gives him the slight edge. Atleast in my opinion. Mine too.

peejayd
Caps not ovveratted, wolverine is !!

* actually, IMO... both Cap & Logan are pretty much overrated... but yes, Logan, if not the most, is super overrated, like hell... wink

OneDumbG0
Hmmmmm. I'm a bit of a fanboy of both of these characters...

I'ma go with DD on this one. Cap's shield is worthless. DD can sense exactly where the thing is going with his radar sense no matter how many times the thing rebounds off of walls and the floor. And considering that pic posted of DD whacking Cap with his own shield, I'm pretty sure Cap would remember that and just drop the thing and go toe-to-toe with DD.

I believe Cap is slightly stronger and faster and more agile than DD. I mean, he does have the utmost peak of human abilities in all those areas. DD is a regular human, highly trained and extremely close to peak human, but not more. I think he looks more agile because he can react to things faster on a mental and instinctual level than other people because of his radar sense. Either way, Cap's small physical advantage is essentially negated by DD's radar sense.

Who's the better fighter? Hmmm. Marvel's rating system is garbage. DD is clearly a 7 like Cap. I just happen to think that they'd both get a couple of shots in, but DD would take advantage of pressure points and his radar sense to end the fight.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Hmmmmm. I'm a bit of a fanboy of both of these characters...

I'ma go with DD on this one. Cap's shield is worthless. DD can sense exactly where the thing is going with his radar sense no matter how many times the thing rebounds off of walls and the floor. And considering that pic posted of DD whacking Cap with his own shield, I'm pretty sure Cap would remember that and just drop the thing and go toe-to-toe with DD.

I believe Cap is slightly stronger and faster and more agile than DD. I mean, he does have the utmost peak of human abilities in all those areas. DD is a regular human, highly trained and extremely close to peak human, but not more. I think he looks more agile because he can react to things faster on a mental and instinctual level than other people because of his radar sense. Either way, Cap's small physical advantage is essentially negated by DD's radar sense.

Who's the better fighter? Hmmm. Marvel's rating system is garbage. DD is clearly a 7 like Cap. I just happen to think that they'd both get a couple of shots in, but DD would take advantage of pressure points and his radar sense to end the fight.

I agree almost completely with you.

I do believe that DD wins, but I also believe he is just a little more agile and quicker (not faster) than Cap. But yea, Cap has the strenght, speed, and endurance going for him.

DD's radar sense is pretty much what wins him this fight.

Mindship
I had to bring this thread back up because of the recent Captain America vs Spider-Man thread and the recent Spider-Man vs Daredevil thread.

Regarding DD vs CA, circumstances would dominate. 5/10 for either, depending.

What kinda bothers/confuses me though, is how Spider-Man appears to be regarded as being on the same level as these two. Spider-Man is unambiguously, clearly superhuman in so many ways, yet in the Versus threads either Cap or DD are presented as rough equals to him. I don't agree. It makes me wanna ask: well then what is the point of the spider-powers, if a human-perfection serum or radar-sense puts opponents on par?

Just for the hell of it, consider his strength (just as an example). Spider-Man can lift/press (minimally?) 10 tens. The average man can military press about 100 pounds. This makes SM some 200 times stronger than your average joe. Even if Cap can lift 1000 pounds, SM is still 20 times stronger. This is a huge difference. Add to that his proportionately as powerful speed and agility, reflexes, instinctive manner of fighting and that ever-popular spider-sense, plus his own experience and intelligence...IMHO, Spider-Man is at least a solid notch above CA or DD. BTW, I'm not a fanboy; just trying to see this from a gut-level feeling.

Certainly, any of the above mentioned could do SM harm, given the right circumstances. But all else being equal, something just seems amiss here: jobber aura, PIS, whatever.

AJ4LIFE
great fight but cap takes it, hes not in top 5 heros of marvel for nothing

inamilist
bump

Kool-Aid
Originally posted by peejayd
* i think DD wins...

Yeah thats pretty much how it should go.

marvelprince
DD takes a slight majority for me.

Both are close in terms of abilities. Cap has an advantage in terms of speed, agility, strength but Daredevil isn't far enough behind for that to matter too much.

Both are pretty equal in terms of fighting skills. Cap specializing in his own form of judo and Daredevil in his own asian and boxing mix.

Unbreakable shield vs Unbreakable sticks. I'd say Daredevil has an advantage here. Cap's shield won't hit Daredevil no matter how many times it bounces off of stuff. Daredevil on the other hand can have those clubs bounce round for days before they hit their target and Cap doesn't have the luxury of super senses.

Then its Cap's stamina vs Daredevil's skills. Cap can conceivably last for as long as it takes to win, but Daredevil can dodge, parry and reverse Cap's attacks as well as locate his weak points. If Daredevil is using his senses to their fullest he can get this win. DD 6/10

elephant_man
daredevil can't even see him, lol, jk. naw but seriously though, i think that cap would take it 8/10

The Fake Macoy
In Born Again, DD pretty much said that Cap was leagues ahead of him physically. I say that Cap will win the majority, maybe 6/10, but it'll be a close fight.

braz
Daredevil wins this IMO, not by much though. 6/10. and its only because of his radar sense in which he'd predict all of caps moves before he even does it, thus putting DD always one step above the cap so he can counter blows, and then maybe come with a nerve strike. it'd be close though, cuz Caps endurance would be hard to work through, and his superior reflexes would almost nearly be enough to keep up w/ DD's radar sense, but not quite. not to mention, hes far stronger than DD via SS serum which puts him one step above peak human. DD takes this though, good fight.

Milkie
http://x11.putfile.com/3/7500543492.gif

badabing
Originally posted by Milkie
Milkie, I have to admit that video kicks a$$. punk

vitaldragon
Daredevil wins this one. DD has superhuman heightened senses, and can dodge and avoid every of Cap's attacks. Cap has the peak human strength, endurance, etc...but so what, DD is pretty strong, and has near superhuman endurance.

superman41082
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Cap wins, he's a better fighter and is stronger.

And he is smarter. Cap should win every time. DD could get a lucky shot, so I'll give Cap just 19/20.

superman41082
Originally posted by Milkie

Milkie, this video is hilarious, although, it makes absolutely no sense......... Kind of like Aquateen.

superman41082
Actually I change that. DD can't get him ever!!!!!!

King KAM
Captain America wins 100% of the time, he is too heavy for DD, and can easily match DD in the speed department, cap has the better weapon, and is far superior in fighting.

Etrigan
Hmm.....

Cap, just.

6/10

King KAM
Originally posted by Etrigan
Hmm.....

Cap, just.

6/10 i dont see how and the hell DD whens 4 times........

StyleTime
Daredevil 6/10. The senses will give him the razor thin edge he'll need to pull a majority. Captain America will give him hell everytime though. It may even be a draw.

Tassadar
Wait, in those DD scans, did he put Hercules on the ground too? Thats either pretty damn impressive, or total PIS
I say DD wins if he manages to end it fast

Laminator_X
That scanned issue is total SvF. Daredevil tossing Caps shield hard enough to put Herc down? Please.

Close bout. I'll give 7 out of 10 to cap though. If he fights DD's fight he'd loose, but he's smart enough not to do that. Between wearing armor and general toughness, he can just soak up far more damage than DD. He takes one sacrifice hit to catch him and changes to wrestling where he wins.

Rick/Genis
so should this Vs be closed due to civil war.... or what?

diabloman
looks like DD is a better fighter i say

King KAM
Originally posted by diabloman
looks like DD is a better fighter i say thats not DD....thats protocide...

MrHeavySilence
Okay, Dare Devil 6/10, since he seems to be more consistent on their outings

Psyquis52
Captain America 8/10

Give it up the man's got class.

King KAM
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Okay, Dare Devil 6/10, since he seems to be more consistent on their outings no he doesnt.....

King KAM
everyone is talking about DDs senses, sense when does a heightened nose, and hearing, help in a fist fight???? that is the lamest excuse ever.

Dayscribe
Originally posted by King KAM
everyone is talking about DDs senses, sense when does a heightened nose, and hearing, help in a fist fight???? that is the lamest excuse ever.

Cosign. That close range and it's not going to matter.

joesha28
But DD might not take it close fight. He's smart enough to take down Spidey.

King KAM
Originally posted by joesha28
But DD might not take it close fight. He's smart enough to take down Spidey. so DD has projectiles these days?

peejayd

* radar senses, it can predict Cap's moves before it can hit DD, and with DD's extreme agility, he dodge most of Cap's attacks... with radar sense, DD can perfectly hit nerve attacks, leave Cap numb... DD wins after a tough fight, DD 6-6.5/10 IMO... wink

King KAM
* radar senses, it can predict Cap's moves before it can hit DD, and with DD's extreme agility, he dodge most of Cap's attacks... with radar sense, DD can perfectly hit nerve attacks, leave Cap numb... DD wins after a tough fight, DD 6-6.5/10 IMO... wink thats not true at all, or dd wouldnt ever be hit by frank castle nor bullseye nor Kingpin, and yet hes been tagged something vicioous by all of them

MrHeavySilence
From What I've seen of the fights posted on this thread, Dare Devil seems to be the overall winner.

h1a8
Capt wins this
This is why
Nothing in comics is absolute. A character's special senses is going to fail them sometimes. For example, Spider-man has gotten hit plenty of times (what was wrong with his spider sense?). Daredevil has also been hit on several occassions (what was wrong with his radar sense?).

Capt is a master fighter. No way is he is going to sit there and let DD hit his pressure point. Capt durability is a factor as well. He has taken direct blows from the Hulk and was still in battle. But if Capt land one good blow on DD then the fight is over. This is possible (He has hurt many super powered beings with his kicks alone and DD radar sense is sometimes suspect). Plus master grappling ability beats master striking ability 99% of the time.

jrodslam
In comics, the resons for things happening(Flash geting hit, Spidey-sence screwing up, radar screwing up, auto shields not coming up), is because its intended to make to plot/story/fight more interesting.

Written at full potential or at peak capacity, Daredevils radar prevents him from getting hit by any street level and some 100 cl characters. You cant say Cap has taken hits from Hulk and was still in battle when Daredevil has knocked him out in one move. There has to be some sort of balance. Daredevil has also taken hits from the Hulk as well as other 100 cl characters. Hell, he dodges Spiderman pretty easily. Im not saying that Cap isnt durable, but he can be knocked out by Daredevil.

If Cap gets one good hit on DD its over? Not likely for 2 reasons. Fist one is Cap would NEVER land a full direct hit on Daredevil. Im talking written at peak level's here. Not for the sake of a greak comic battle. Daredevil would either have Cap missing every hit or rolling with the hits to make them less effective, thus avoiding getting knocked out.

Cap isnt the only master fighter here and will be in for a tough one. I know in my original post i said Cap 6/10, but it can really go either way. Caps only real advantage here would be his superior stamina.

King KAM
In comics, the resons for things happening(Flash geting hit, Spidey-sence screwing up, radar screwing up, auto shields not coming up), is because its intended to make to plot/story/fight more interesting.

Written at full potential or at peak capacity, Daredevils radar prevents him from getting hit by any street level and some 100 cl characters. You cant say Cap has taken hits from Hulk and was still in battle when Daredevil has knocked him out in one move. There has to be some sort of balance. Daredevil has also taken hits from the Hulk as well as other 100 cl characters. Hell, he dodges Spiderman pretty easily. Im not saying that Cap isnt durable, but he can be knocked out by Daredevil.

If Cap gets one good hit on DD its over? Not likely for 2 reasons. Fist one is Cap would NEVER land a full direct hit on Daredevil. Im talking written at peak level's here. Not for the sake of a greak comic battle. Daredevil would either have Cap missing every hit or rolling with the hits to make them less effective, thus avoiding getting knocked out.

Cap isnt the only master fighter here and will be in for a tough one. I know in my original post i said Cap 6/10, but it can really go either way. Caps only real advantage here would be his superior stamina. thats not true...how is it PIS all the time, he can predict the movements of a lesser opponents, but when faced against someone who can match his skills, his radar sense just isnt enough to give him a fight, because technically every good fighter"reads" there oppenent, and tries to see the move before coming, his is only different because he doesnt have eyes to do it with... now i understand this is a good skill to have, but cap reads guys just like DD does....

jrodslam
thats not true...how is it PIS all the time, he can predict the movements of a lesser opponents, but when faced against someone who can match his skills, his radar sense just isnt enough to give him a fight, because technically every good fighter"reads" there oppenent, and tries to see the move before coming, his is only different because he doesnt have eyes to do it with... now i understand this is a good skill to have, but cap reads guys just like DD does....

Its true indeed. Im not saying its pis all the time, but a good majority of it. You say when Daredevil is faced against someone who can match his skill, his radar isnt enough? Daredevil dodging every punch or kick thrown in a fight would make for a boring one. You have Spiderman whos hand speed is faster than most heroes, yet he has a hard time landing hits or at least good hits on Daredevil. You have Namor who also has a hard time knocking DD out because of punched not landing properly.

Youre putting DD's ability to "read" moves on the same level of every other street level hero with high knowledge in h2h combat. That isnt the case. Daredevil's ability to "read" moves is better than most or probably all street lvl'ers. Fighters such as Cap, Punisher, Fury can try to read there oppenent, and "try" to see the move before coming. Daredevil on the other hand already knows the move which is coming just by hearing the heartbeat or listening to muscles tense. You simply cant compare the 2. Cap doesnt read people like DD does at all.

peejayd
* if Cap hits DD, then it's over? don't make me laugh... considering Cap's strength, DD may stagger, yes... but KO'ed? now, that's BS... DD had taken punches from characters far stronger than Cap... in the first place, it would be hard for Cap to land a clean shot at DD, even the quick and agile Spidey had hit DD and DD just rolled with the punch, and Spidey considers his hits on DD not really that effective... so how did DD do that? the radar sense is the factor which the Cap-fanboy keeps on underrating... DD once even overwhelmed Spidey (consider Spidey's quickness and agility) with a dozen or more punches to KO Spidey for a short while... and Cap's not quicker nor more agile than Spidey... this fight may really go either way but i still lean towards DD on winning...

h1a8
* if Cap hits DD, then it's over? don't make me laugh... considering Cap's strength, DD may stagger, yes... but KO'ed? now, that's BS... DD had taken punches from characters far stronger than Cap... in the first place, it would be hard for Cap to land a clean shot at DD, even the quick and agile Spidey had hit DD and DD just rolled with the punch, and Spidey considers his hits on DD not really that effective... so how did DD do that? the radar sense is the factor which the Cap-fanboy keeps on underrating... DD once even overwhelmed Spidey (consider Spidey's quickness and agility) with a dozen or more punches to KO Spidey for a short while... and Cap's not quicker nor more agile than Spidey... this fight may really go either way but i still lean towards DD on winning...
jrodslam makes good points right below h1a8's several posts ahead of this one. The only problem with your argument is that DD overwhelming Spidey with a dozen or more punches to KO him is either b.s. or PIS.
There are scans in this forum showing Spidey moving faster than DD can perceive (or his reflexes can react to). DD says this in the scan.
There is no way for DD to not only hit Spidey but not be hit by him if DD's reflexes are not fast enough for him to react to.

jrodslam
The scans in this forum that show DD getting hit by Spidey and DD says that Spidey is moving faster than he can percieve is the pis. Why do i say that? Because after that initial hit, DD goes on do dodge every punch thrown by Spidey. Daredevil dodges and rolls with the punches much more than Spidey ever hits him. Thats way more consistant. There are also scans on this forum of Spidey saying how he cant believe how fast Daredevil is and how he cant land a solid hit on him no matter how fast he tries. I go wioth the one thats more consistant.

h1a8
The scans in this forum that show DD getting hit by Spidey and DD says that Spidey is moving faster than he can percieve is the pis. Why do i say that? Because after that initial hit, DD goes on do dodge every punch thrown by Spidey. Daredevil dodges and rolls with the punches much more than Spidey ever hits him. Thats way more consistant. There are also scans on this forum of Spidey saying how he cant believe how fast Daredevil is and how he cant land a solid hit on him no matter how fast he tries. I go wioth the one thats more consistant.

some things are obviously false. sometimes writers are human and do think (or know) of how to write certain things. They wind up contradicting themselves or other writers. For example, a certain spidey comic said that spidey reflexes operate up to 40 times faster than a human. Dividing a bullet's speed by 40 and he sees them coming at 20mph (human top running speed). This means he sees action in slow motion. He also moves fast enough to dodge them while they are in the air. He moves almost similar to the bullet speed (appearing to anyway from slow motion). Him seeing bullets traveling 20mph means he sees DD almost still and in which only himself can move. Then how can he miss DD? B.S.
The statement DD made about Spidey's speed is the correct one. And not Spidey swinging and missing DD. There is obvious a contradiction here. But I would rather believe that Spidey sees in slow motion and DD is still in this slow motion. Otherwise, DD moves as fast as a bullet himself.

jrodslam
Originally posted by h1a8
some things are obviously false. sometimes writers are human and do think (or know) of how to write certain things. They wind up contradicting themselves or other writers. For example, a certain spidey comic said that spidey reflexes operate up to 40 times faster than a human. Dividing a bullet's speed by 40 and he sees them coming at 20mph (human top running speed). This means he sees action in slow motion. He also moves fast enough to dodge them while they are in the air. He moves almost similar to the bullet speed (appearing to anyway from slow motion). Him seeing bullets traveling 20mph means he sees DD almost still and in which only himself can move. Then how can he miss DD? B.S.
The statement DD made about Spidey's speed is the correct one. And not Spidey swinging and missing DD. There is obvious a contradiction here. But I would rather believe that Spidey sees in slow motion and DD is still in this slow motion. Otherwise, DD moves as fast as a bullet himself.

I agree that writers contradict things. I dont however believe that Spiderman is 40x faster than a human. Faster yea, but 40x? I have my doubts. Its cool if many dont agree with me on that one. Daredevil however also moves faster than the normal human. Hes listed as peakhuman in many of his abilities and slightly above in others. Daredevil is also fast enough to dodge bullets while they are in the air. Hell, he sees them as they cut through the air which allows for him to dodge even easier. Daredevil has been shot at while standing less than 15 feet from the gun and still was able to bat the bullet away back at the shooter. Hes batted bullets at least 8 times.

Now you say Spiderman missing DD is bs? I think not. Especially considering Daredevil is able to hear Spidermans muscles tense up or hear his heartbeat jump BEFORE he even executes a move. Maybe the bs was writing how Spiderman moves 40x faster than a human. When the two fight, they are both well capable of hitting each other, but the difference is that Spiderman cant fully connect with his blows like Daredevil can. Its much too consistant for Spiderman to get hit from DD than it is for him to see DD in slow motion considering Spiderman was surprised with Daredevils speed on a copuple of occasions. Does DD move as fast as bullets? Who knows. But he certainly moves/reacts fast enough to dodge and bat bulles away after they have been fired.

peejayd
* okay... but Cap's no faster nor quicker than Spidey, so DD can land multiple nerve shots to Cap, DD will eventually win...

h1a8
I agree that writers contradict things. I dont however believe that Spiderman is 40x faster than a human. Faster yea, but 40x? I have my doubts. Its cool if many dont agree with me on that one. Daredevil however also moves faster than the normal human. Hes listed as peakhuman in many of his abilities and slightly above in others. Daredevil is also fast enough to dodge bullets while they are in the air. Hell, he sees them as they cut through the air which allows for him to dodge even easier. Daredevil has been shot at while standing less than 15 feet from the gun and still was able to bat the bullet away back at the shooter. Hes batted bullets at least 8 times.

Now you say Spiderman missing DD is bs? I think not. Especially considering Daredevil is able to hear Spidermans muscles tense up or hear his heartbeat jump BEFORE he even executes a move. Maybe the bs was writing how Spiderman moves 40x faster than a human. When the two fight, they are both well capable of hitting each other, but the difference is that Spiderman cant fully connect with his blows like Daredevil can. Its much too consistant for Spiderman to get hit from DD than it is for him to see DD in slow motion considering Spiderman was surprised with Daredevils speed on a copuple of occasions. Does DD move as fast as bullets? Who knows. But he certainly moves/reacts fast enough to dodge and bat bulles away after they have been fired.

I didn't say Spidey is 40x faster but his reflexes operate 40x faster.
Second, no human (even peak) can move anywhere comparable to a bullet. To accept this in a comic is to accept that humans are bulletproof or humans can jump up to 3 miles. Ridiculous! The fastest kick ever recorded by a human is 72mph (fastest punch is 100mph). The fastest running speed ever recorded is 26mph. These speeds are considered still-life when compared to a bullet (over 2000mph). Just watch a bullet in slow motion in comparison to these speeds and you would see what I am talking about. Spidey on the other hand can move in decent comparison to a bullet (maybe dodge half as fast and punch just as fast). This is to be accepted since he is not human and can press somewhat over 10tons which gives him the necessary force strength to accelerate to these speeds. I don't care if DD can hear Spidey's heartbeat or sense his muscles tense. There is no way DD(a human) can avoid a smart bullet (spidey's fists) or a bullet that can change directions while in midair. Still not convinced!
Then if you calculate the speed DD would need to bat a bullet 15ft away after it is midair you would get a speed that is over 200mph (very much out of the range of a peak human). This speed is also required to move the body out of the way of the path of a bullet in midair (but peak human running/dodging speed is about 26mph). Reflexes/senses are one thing and moving speed is another my friend.

King KAM
Second, no human (even peak) can move anywhere comparable to a bullet. To accept this in a comic is to accept that humans are bulletproof or humans can jump up to 3 miles. Ridiculous! The fastest kick ever recorded by a human is 72mph (fastest punch is 100mph). The fastest running speed ever recorded is 26mph. These speeds are considered still-life when compared to a bullet (over 2000mph). Just watch a bullet in slow motion in comparison to these speeds and you would see what I am talking about. Spidey on the other hand can move in decent comparison to a bullet (maybe dodge half as fast and punch just as fast). This is to be accepted since he is not human and can press somewhat over 10tons which gives him the necessary force strength to accelerate to these speeds. I don't care if DD can hear Spidey's heartbeat or sense his muscles tense. There is no way DD(a human) can avoid a smart bullet (spidey's fists) or a bullet that can change directions while in midair. Still not convinced!
Then if you calculate the speed DD would need to bat a bullet 15ft away after it is midair you would get a speed that is over 200mph (very much out of the range of a peak human). This speed is also required to move the body out of the way of the path of a bullet in midair (but peak human running/dodging speed is about 26mph). Reflexes/senses are one thing and moving speed is another my friend. and yet cap can run 60mph....so hes not human at all... and cap wins....

if by nothing else than stamina alone.

jrodslam
Then if you calculate the speed DD would need to bat a bullet 15ft away after it is midair you would get a speed that is over 200mph (very much out of the range of a peak human). This speed is also required to move the body out of the way of the path of a bullet in midair (but peak human running/dodging speed is about 26mph). Reflexes/senses are one thing and moving speed is another my friend.

You really dont have to be convinced my friend. Its in the comics. Thats what DD does. DD bats bullets like its nothing. Seemingly by your interpretation, Daredevil would be well above peak human. Hes has dodged Spideys fists(smart bullet) and laser fire that tracks by using your thinking pattern to predict where your going to move. DD is just that fast. If Spiderman himself is in awe of how fast DD is, then that alone should tell you something. Reflexes and moving speed would go hand'n'hand more than reflexes/senses would. Your reflex is how you react to a certain thing. You moving speed would be a product of that reaction. Daredevil's senses let him know of something BEFORE it happens, thus it gives him ample amount of time to react to it. Thats why many characters, mobs etc think DD is a mind reader or magician of the sorts. That alone is why his reflexes would be Spideys level or higher. Its up to you if you wanna believe it or not, but the comics show how it is.big grin

jrodslam
and yet cap can run 60mph....so hes not human at all... and cap wins....

if by nothing else than stamina alone.

What the f**k? Cap runs at 60 mph? Where was this shown? Can you prove that?

And yes, of all abilities and attributes, Cap's stamina would be the factor in a long drawn out battle. Although theyve had one and stamina wasnt an issue. Unless ofcourse the fight would have went on for another hour or so.

DarkCrawler
What the f**k? Cap runs at 60 mph? Where was this shown? Can you prove that?

Captain America Anniversary issue. He said he can ran a mile in just under a minute.

jrodslam
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Captain America Anniversary issue. He said he can ran a mile in just under a minute.

Captain America has a very high degree of endurance. That doesnt meant he never gets tired. At full exertion, he probably can cover a mile in under a minute, but 60 miles an hour? That may be pushing it. Him saying one thing doesnt mean another. Unless ofcourse hes actually done it.

Metalmanx
Captain America has a very high degree of endurance. That doesnt meant he never gets tired. At full exertion, he probably can cover a mile in under a minute, but 60 miles an hour? That may be pushing it. Him saying one thing doesnt mean another. Unless ofcourse hes actually done it.

He actually did. I don't remember what thread it's in, but I've seen it just recently, just a few days ago. Cap picks up a hurt child and bolts to a nearby town, at 60 mph. Ask King KAM to show you, I think he's got it.

King KAM
Originally posted by Metalmanx
He actually did. I don't remember what thread it's in, but I've seen it just recently, just a few days ago. Cap picks up a hurt child and bolts to a nearby town, at 60 mph. Ask King KAM to show you, I think he's got it. why uh, yes i do actually....
thanks for the shout out metal man...we seem to be becming good friends these days.... http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ca010087zv.jpg

jrodslam
Originally posted by Metalmanx
He actually did. I don't remember what thread it's in, but I've seen it just recently, just a few days ago. Cap picks up a hurt child and bolts to a nearby town, at 60 mph. Ask King KAM to show you, I think he's got it.

Actually he didnt.

King Kam said Cap can run 60 mph. He stated that he can cover a mile in a little over a minute. The scan is not proving Cap can run at 60 mph.

Metalmanx
why uh, yes i do actually....
thanks for the shout out metal man...we seem to be becming good friends these days.... http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ca010087zv.jpg

Yea, that's pretty crazy. Ah well, I like to friend my enemies if possible. Heh stick out tongue

King KAM
Actually he didnt.

King Kam said Cap can run 60 mph. He stated that he can cover a mile in a little over a minute. The scan is not proving Cap can run at 60 mph. ok so he roughly runs about 55miles per hour....

peejayd
* so?

He-guy88
well im only sayin daredevil cause his raydar sence allows him alot of speed he can dodge bullets so wat im sayin is his raydar sence allows his reflexes to adjust to the speed he needs it to be with in reason no were ner sups or flashes but faster then caps

He-guy88
u cant beat wat u cant hit

King KAM
but cap has hit DD many a time.

He-guy88
yes thats tru and i know this is not a good argument but in comics and tv all that stuff they play it by wat they need it to go by if they need dd to get shot he will if not he'll dodge so its all academic

h1a8
You really dont have to be convinced my friend. Its in the comics. Thats what DD does. DD bats bullets like its nothing. Seemingly by your interpretation, Daredevil would be well above peak human. Hes has dodged Spideys fists(smart bullet) and laser fire that tracks by using your thinking pattern to predict where your going to move. DD is just that fast. If Spiderman himself is in awe of how fast DD is, then that alone should tell you something. Reflexes and moving speed would go hand'n'hand more than reflexes/senses would. Your reflex is how you react to a certain thing. You moving speed would be a product of that reaction. Daredevil's senses let him know of something BEFORE it happens, thus it gives him ample amount of time to react to it. Thats why many characters, mobs etc think DD is a mind reader or magician of the sorts. That alone is why his reflexes would be Spideys level or higher. Its up to you if you wanna believe it or not, but the comics show how it is.big grin

You didn't get my point!
It doesn't matter how well DD can predict action. He cannot dodge a smart bullet (A bullet who changes direction in the air).
A human (not superbeing) performing feats way out of the range (not a little) of human ability is called PIS.

Is batman's chin bulletproof?
Can batman move faster than Superman can perceive?
Can a human move their body faster than 200mph?

If anyone answers yes to anyone of those questions then they obviously lack basic common sense and are wasting people time with their arguments.

This whole comic vs. arguing stuff is nonsense and a waste of time if there is no understanding of what is acceptible and what is not.

peejayd
* Cap maybe faster than DD in running but not quicker... DD's more agile... top that? with radar senses to boot... Cap loses... wink

King KAM
* Cap maybe faster than DD in running but not quicker... DD's more agile... top that? with radar senses to boot... Cap loses... wink i dont know ive seen cap drop DD in 1 punch, which DD didnt see coming.....

peejayd
* which is BS, right? wink

King KAM
* which is BS, right? wink not bs, DD has lost fist fights to Kingpin, bullseye,and has tied with Iron Fist, he isnt nearly as flashy when it comes to actual competition

peejayd
* but Cap does not have what is take to beat DD... save an exclusive fight of raw strength, durability & stamina... a straight-up fight between these two would have DD as an obvious victor... the radar sense is a great factor which Cap can't overcome... wink

King KAM
* but Cap does not have what is take to beat DD... save an exclusive fight of raw strength, durability & stamina... a straight-up fight between these two would have DD as an obvious victor... the radar sense is a great factor which Cap can't overcome... wink cap has already overcome it.

peejayd
* which is another BS, right? nowhere in Cap's bio can he overcome DD's powers as you claim... wink

King KAM
* which is another BS, right? nowhere in Cap's bio can he overcome DD's powers as you claim... wink your have no actual arguments, so im just going to ignore you untill you post something worth replying.

jrodslam
You didn't get my point!
It doesn't matter how well DD can predict action. He cannot dodge a smart bullet (A bullet who changes direction in the air).
A human (not superbeing) performing feats way out of the range (not a little) of human ability is called PIS.

Is batman's chin bulletproof?
Can batman move faster than Superman can perceive?
Can a human move their body faster than 200mph?

If anyone answers yes to anyone of those questions then they obviously lack basic common sense and are wasting people time with their arguments.

This whole comic vs. arguing stuff is nonsense and a waste of time if there is no understanding of what is acceptible and what is not.

I got your point, but it seems as if you didnt get mine. You say Daredevil cant dodge a smart bullet, yet hes dodged lasers that tracked his thoughts. Who in comics has dodged smart bullets? You cant say Daredevil cant if hes never been faced against them. IF the bullet were to change direction in the air, Daredevil would be able to do the same. Hell, he twists and turns while in the air all the time to avoid things. You cant call the things that DD does PIS because he does it in most of his comics. Its a consistant thing with him. Its part of his character and ability.

Why are you asking is Batmans chin bulletproof? What is that suppose to prove? Has Batman ever been shot square in the chin?
Can Batman move faster than Superman can percieve? Youre bringing up strawmans. What does Batman taking bullets to the chin or moving faster than Supes percieve have to do with Daredevils abilities?

Youre talking about what acceptable in comics? Helloo, its comics aka fiction. Characters do things that are extraordinary. Why is it that when people shoot at Cap, they aim directly for the shield the majority of the time and never for the feet or legs? How come Batman never gets shot in the face? Its called entertainment. Because certain things dont seem realistically possible, they should be ignored? A man flying is acceptible, but someone dodging bullets isnt.erm

Were all intitled to our opinions. If you feel arguing this is a waste of time, then dont. big grin

jrodslam
i dont know ive seen cap drop DD in 1 punch, which DD didnt see coming.....

Dont forget that when Cap knocked DOWN DD(not out) with 2 punches, DD wasnt 100% from his fight in Mephistos relam.

Yet DD on the other hand has knocked out Cap with one move before.

King KAM
Dont forget that when Cap knocked DOWN DD(not out) with 2 punches, DD wasnt 100% from his fight in Mephistos relam.

Yet DD on the other hand has knocked out Cap with one move before. hahahaha i think we are talking about a different fight...lol

peejayd
your have no actual arguments, so im just going to ignore you untill you post something worth replying.

* you sure are a hairline-close to being a Wolverine-fanboy, vouching for Captain America... laughing

* there is no way you can prove Cap can overcome DD's radar sense... for DD not able to sense Cap... just admit you're making this all up to make Cap win... wink

A.J
there has been a fight of these to and its ovious who was in the worst shape at the end

jrodslam
hahahaha i think we are talking about a different fight...lol

I dont think so. To my knowledge, they have only fought 4 times. The fight you mention is the only timie Cap came close to knocking DD out and he still didnt. DD was down, but not knocked out. What fihgt are you talkng about if its not that instance?

h1a8
I got your point, but it seems as if you didnt get mine. You say Daredevil cant dodge a smart bullet, yet hes dodged lasers that tracked his thoughts. Who in comics has dodged smart bullets? You cant say Daredevil cant if hes never been faced against them. IF the bullet were to change direction in the air, Daredevil would be able to do the same. Hell, he twists and turns while in the air all the time to avoid things. You cant call the things that DD does PIS because he does it in most of his comics. Its a consistant thing with him. Its part of his character and ability.

Why are you asking is Batmans chin bulletproof? What is that suppose to prove? Has Batman ever been shot square in the chin?
Can Batman move faster than Superman can percieve? Youre bringing up strawmans. What does Batman taking bullets to the chin or moving faster than Supes percieve have to do with Daredevils abilities?

Youre talking about what acceptable in comics? Helloo, its comics aka fiction. Characters do things that are extraordinary. Why is it that when people shoot at Cap, they aim directly for the shield the majority of the time and never for the feet or legs? How come Batman never gets shot in the face? Its called entertainment. Because certain things dont seem realistically possible, they should be ignored? A man flying is acceptible, but someone dodging bullets isnt.erm

Were all intitled to our opinions. If you feel arguing this is a waste of time, then dont. big grin

A human man flying like Superman on his natural own power is not acceptible. But a superbeing flying is. No one on this forum should accept and use that a human being can move as fast (or near as fast) as a bullet, no matter what they see in comics, as arguing material and still have good sense. Now if a character is non human then it is acceptible to have them do anything.
The definition or point of PIS is not just that it happens consistently (I can argue whether DD dodging spiderman and swatting bullets after they've been fired happened consistently though) but, is it logically possible (not factually possible which is a different thing)?

The reason why I brung up batman because he does feats like this on a regular basis (he gets hit on the chin by villians who punch harder than bullet force and has many speed vs. superman, GL, etc. feats).

Should these be accepted? Please answer this in your next post.

Or do the writer just want to sell more comics by being logically in error.
Batman and DD are human for crying out loud. These feats are obviously PIS (not based on inconsistency though). I can see if these feats were a little out of the range of peak human. But those feats are in the vast-superpower territory (like superman, wonder-woman, thor, etc.).
Plot Induced Stupidity at its finest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.