Which actor could've played "Anakin's" role way better than Hayden did?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I would've liked to have seen Leonardo DiCaprio as Anakin Skywalker.

Hayden can act mad. Leo's just has that naturally pissed off look. And I think he's a superb actor as well.

Way better than Hayden.

All of Leo's movies where he's pissed, he made me feel his anger. He go bezerk with eyes welling. Hayden didn't make his anger believable enough for me. But he wasn't bad as Anakin. I just always thought Leo would've done better job. In ep. 2 and 3 as Anakin. Especially ep. 3.

Oh, and i thought Hailey Joel Osmond (the kid from the "6th Sense"wink would've made the perfect "Anni" over Jake Loyd.

Prince Nauj
my gawd how many times do we need to argue about this. *SEARCH,search, SEarch. hayden was a perfect choice *snap,snap,snap

MarioX
none. hayden was perfect...

Stun
After seeing Hayden Christensen play the part of Anakin in two movies, i just cant imagine anyone else playing that part. He just has that dark presence - a presence that Leo doesnt have

overlord
Anybody without a babyface.. And the acting being bad is because of Lucas' weird romantic scripts.

Eleonora
No one. Full stop.

And the babyface comment is merely an opinion, not a fact (and, if I may add, a touch of jealousy wink ) . However, the script comment is very adequate.
As for "Leo" roll eyes (sarcastic) (man, I can't believe it's been 8 years since Titanic and people are still obsessed), he is not a physical actor, not one bit (especially now with all that "chubbyness" laughing ) and that is a fundamental flaw for a SW actor. He's a good actor, he did a smashing job in "The Aviator", but he's a "softy".
The Osment comment irritated me, because every time I see that kid I feel like smacking him, although I feel the same way about Jake Lloyd so it doesn't make much difference. The whole idea of making Anakin younger than Padme bugged me, I think he should have been a teenager in TPM.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
my gawd how many times do we need to argue about this. *SEARCH,search, SEarch. hayden was a perfect choice *snap,snap,snap

indeed, this topic has been done too many times to count now

aj_vader
hayden is a great actor and plays the part very well, he is a lot better than leo. and as for the baby face comment, oh yes plz! lol

so to sum up, hayden rulz

overlord
Originally posted by Eleonora
No one. Full stop.

And the babyface comment is merely an opinion, not a fact (and, if I may add, a touch of jealousy wink ) . However, the script comment is very adequate.
As for "Leo" roll eyes (sarcastic) (man, I can't believe it's been 8 years since Titanic and people are still obsessed), he is not a physical actor, not one bit (especially now with all that "chubbyness" laughing ) and that is a fundamental flaw for a SW actor. He's a good actor, he did a smashing job in "The Aviator", but he's a "softy".
The Osment comment irritated me, because every time I see that kid I feel like smacking him, although I feel the same way about Jake Lloyd so it doesn't make much difference. The whole idea of making Anakin younger than Padme bugged me, I think he should have been a teenager in TPM.

Babyface an opinion? I am jealous? I have one myself, doodoocaca!

But I do agree with Anakin should have been younger in TPM. wink

FistOfThe North
I dunno. I thought Hayden was too wooden. Especially in ep 2.

Besides, I think women would pick Hayden over Leo because they think Anakin's cuter, lol. Harsh but true..

But then again, I always said that it isn't a Star Wars movie, if it has good acting..So I guess Hayden was the perfect fit.

JenR1215
i dont think any body could, bcuz the character would have the SAME line, SAME look, SAME pissy/baby attitude, and the SAME director,

Bicnarok

overlord
I didn't think he looked evil at all.. confused
He just had longer hair and there was an angry expression on his face..

amity75
James Franco, Harry Osborne in the Spider-Man films would have been good but really I think Hayden made the role his own.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by JenR1215
i dont think any body could, bcuz the character would have the SAME line, SAME look, SAME pissy/baby attitude, and the SAME director,

But not the same acting skills. Leo's better than Hayden, in my opinion, when it comes to acting. Leo would've made Anakin more in-depth, and he would've probably Oscar calibrated with Ian, as well.

But anyway, like i said, Hayden fit the role perfectly because B-character acting is what Lucas wanted.

Makes sense. A B-actor for a B-movie

overlord
No, man.. Leonardo isn't that good an actor, he just apperantly looks good or something.
But in reply to the topic, there are enough guys who look menacing or whatever you may call it, it is just that Hayden was chosen for the romantic episode II scenes and Lucas thought it would be better to keep him, I do think Hayden improved much in episode III, but I still think his looks were a little insufficient.

Eleonora
Originally posted by overlord
But I do agree with Anakin should have been younger in TPM. wink

I said older, he hadn't gotten to puberty yet in TPM. messed

Eleonora
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

It only makes sense to narrowminded people.

FistOfThe North
No, man.. Leonardo isn't that good an actor, he just apperantly looks good or something.
I do think Hayden improved much in episode III, but I still think his looks were a little insufficient.

Leo isn't a good actor that good an actor? wow? what movie/s do you think he acted poorly in then. It is your opinion but I'd have to say that it's flawed. I put Leo up there with one of the greatest actors in Hollywood. Probably top 10. Leo's fierce..

I will agree with your "Hayden improved much in Ep. 3." statement. I just thought he wasn't emotionally convincing enough. Like you said earlier, "I think didn't he looked evil at all.. He just had longer hair and there was an angry expression on his face.." To me, Leo would've looked evil.

Sir J
Leo isn't a good actor that good an actor? wow? what movie/s do you think he acted poorly in then. It is your opinion but I'd have to say that it's flawed. I put Leo up there with one of the greatest actors in Hollywood. Probably top 10. Leo's fierce..

I will agree with your "Hayden improved much in Ep. 3." statement. I just thought he wasn't emotionally convincing enough. Like you said earlier, "I think didn't he looked evil at all.. He just had longer hair and there was an angry expression on his face.." To me, Leo would've looked evil. thats coz u like leo people who like hayden say he done a good job

p. skywalker
Leo MIGHT have pulled off a Luke Skywalker but not an Anakin.. I think Hayden did just fine as Anakin.. and apparently so did GL... But everyone is going to have there own opinion.. It is the same with every actor in every movie...........

FistOfThe North
It only makes sense to narrowminded people.

lol, was that a jab?

Norrowmindedness would be to think that Ep. 3's acting was good.

overlord
I said older, he hadn't gotten to puberty yet in TPM. messed

Goddamned, I made a mistake! big grin
I don't want to see Anakin as an embryo!!

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Sir J
thats coz u like leo people who like hayden say he done a good job

I think it faulty for a person to say and actor is good at acting merely because I like him. Thats where you're flaw comes in. In assuming that because i like leo he can act.

If i didn't like Leo for any other reason, i would still think he was a superb actor.

overlord

I will agree with your "Hayden improved much in Ep. 3." statement. I just thought he wasn't emotionally convincing enough. Like you said earlier, "I think didn't he looked evil at all.. He just had longer hair and there was an angry expression on his face.." To me, Leo would've looked evil.

Leo a good actor and Leonardo Dicaprio looking evil? I really hope you are a girl if you think like that! Because being a fanboy of a guy like that would scare the crap out of me! blink

But in response to the topic again, almost anybody who would have replaced Hayden in episode II would have been in the exact same position we are in now. You Hayden lovahs just got used to him! smile

FistOfThe North
Leo a good actor and Leonardo Dicaprio looking evil? I really hope you are a girl if you think like that! Because being a fanboy of a guy like that would scare the crap out of me! blink

But in response to the topic again, almost anybody who would have replaced Hayden in episode II would have been in the exact same position we are in now. You Hayden lovahs just got used to him! smile

I'm a hetero male and i think Leo is a good actor and can look evil. So?
I'd have to be a woman to think so? Pleease. Are you saying Leo's a bad actor? I'll give you a couple of ex of good Leo acting and evilnessness. Gangs of New York. Both Good acting and the anger Leo had in that movie was superb. Basketball diaries is another one. W.E. Gilbert Grape he acted like a kid with down syndrome, not many can pull it off convincingly, the aviator i didn't see but i heard was good. Titanic, (i only went to go see it to see the boat crack) He was good in that, and the list goes on. I'm not a fanboy of leo, I'm a fan of his acting ability, he has talent and can act real well. better than hayden can and you assume I'm lady-like for thinking so? How simpleton of you. But I digress.

I never got used to Hayden, i think he did good in Ep 3. But not great. Vader is a grand character that needs to be portrayed by grand acting. In my opinion, I think Leo should've been Anakin and thats all.

jainasolo55
your kidding right? leo sucks! i really cant picture anyone else besides hayden playing the part even though his acting wasnt too great in aotc i still think he was a good anakin

Atlantis001

SpyCspider
hahah Overlord and Fist, i thought you guys both agreed Hayden wasn't that good for Anakin. What happened?

Hayden was ok...got used to him. Just didn't like his acting skills. Leo CAN be deeper...he's used to such roles. Hayden acted like someone acting in the Power Rangers series. =P

Eleonora
lol, was that a jab?

Norrowmindedness would be to think that Ep. 3's acting was good.

Sweetheart, you can't beat me at my own game. Posting is an art and you just ain't an artist..... big grin
BTW "Leo" roll eyes (sarcastic) can go very deep, it's true, but he cannot deliver a strong performance. There is a huge difference.

Susan-Storm
Now this is the first time i would ever say this but..Ioan gruffudd would not be good for the part at all...it would be a bad movie if he did it..there i said it cry i believe and actor like..well i don't Know but a actor who has better talent the Hayden

darthvader_fan
no one could play it better than Hayden Christensen

FistOfThe North
Sweetheart, you can't beat me at my own game. Posting is an art and you just ain't an artist..... big grin
BTW "Leo" roll eyes (sarcastic) can go very deep, it's true, but he cannot deliver a strong performance. There is a huge difference.

Whatever your own game is, ma'am, have fun playing it alone because I'm not on here to be artistic. I'm here to paint facts, offer and receive knowledge and to go very, very deep.. Sister. (as Han would say.)

cool

overlord
I'm a hetero male and i think Leo is a good actor and can look evil. So?
I'd have to be a woman to think so? Pleease. Are you saying Leo's a bad actor? I'll give you a couple of ex of good Leo acting and evilnessness. Gangs of New York. Both Good acting and the anger Leo had in that movie was superb. Basketball diaries is another one. W.E. Gilbert Grape he acted like a kid with down syndrome, not many can pull it off convincingly, the aviator i didn't see but i heard was good. Titanic, (i only went to go see it to see the boat crack) He was good in that, and the list goes on. I'm not a fanboy of leo, I'm a fan of his acting ability, he has talent and can act real well. better than hayden can and you assume I'm lady-like for thinking so? How simpleton of you. But I digress.

I never got used to Hayden, i think he did good in Ep 3. But not great. Vader is a grand character that needs to be portrayed by grand acting. In my opinion, I think Leo should've been Anakin and thats all.

I didn't assume you were a woman, I just hoped it, because it is really sad you like him so much. He isn't that uber actor the media portrayes him to be, actually a lot of people can act, but this guy just got lucky, mainly because of his looks. But the fact is that there are a lot of people who can act better than him and to say Leonardo Dicaprio would have a menacing/psychotic Vader look? Please.. Trust me, he would f*ck up SW so much.. it would be incomprehensible how much he wouldn't fit the role.
Please stop this, change your opinion, this is insane..

Bicnarok
Sean Bean,,maybe too old though

FistOfThe North
I didn't assume you were a woman, I just hoped it, because it is really sad you like him so much. He isn't that uber actor the media portrayes him to be, actually a lot of people can act, but this guy just got lucky, mainly because of his looks. But the fact is that there are a lot of people who can act better than him and to say Leonardo Dicaprio would have a menacing/psychotic Vader look? Please.. Trust me, he would f*ck up SW so much.. it would be incomprehensible how much he wouldn't fit the role.
Please stop this, change your opinion, this is insane..

lol

I dunno. I don't think I'd ever hope for any guy to be a woman...but you may have a different view.

And it's sad because I like him so much? No. I like his acting skill. I don't know him at all to like him. I like the job he does. His performances satisfy taste.

It's insane for you to think that Leo would've fcuked up SW so much more than Hayden did.

Damn, your making Leo out to be the garbage actor. Have you seen any of his films at all, first of all? He has played anger roles much more convincingly than Anakin has in both SW flicks. And I'm not gonna change my opinion. Hayden IS Anakin, and I've come to face it. But in my opinion, Leo would've owned as Anakin.

ESB- 1138
Hayden had a hard role to play as Anakin. He needed to be evil but still have good feelings and trying to resist it.

overlord
I dunno. I don't think I'd ever hope for any guy to be a woman...but you may have a different view.

You have no idea what the hell I meant, did you?

And it's sad because I like him so much? No. I like his acting skill. I don't know him at all to like him. I like the job he does. His performances satisfy taste.

Good for you, but try to understand that he wouldn't fit the Vader role, there is this thing called screening, you know. Not everybody fits a role.

It's insane for you to think that Leo would've fcuked up SW so much more than Hayden did.

Yeah? Is that insane? I don't think you believe that.

Damn, your making Leo out to be the garbage actor. Have you seen any of his films at all, first of all? He has played anger roles much more convincingly than Anakin has in both SW flicks. And I'm not gonna change my opinion. Hayden IS Anakin, and I've come to face it. But in my opinion, Leo would've owned as Anakin.

I am not saying he is a bad actor, I said that there are people who can act better than him, thus you don't have to think he can do just any role.
And yes, I have seen his movies, I actually know what the hell I am talking about. wink
As for the better fitting the Vader role, he would be worse than Hayden.
Trust me.

JenR1215
But not the same acting skills. Leo's better than Hayden, in my opinion, when it comes to acting. Leo would've made Anakin more in-depth, and he would've probably Oscar calibrated with Ian, as well.

But anyway, like i said, Hayden fit the role perfectly because B-character acting is what Lucas wanted.

i would of HATED to see Leo play Anakin. It's no where near the types of films he does. The only reason why i would of chosen Leo is bcuz Jake Llyod and him have face simularities. Other than that.... the movie would of been even worse with him.

wookie_pimp
I think Ice Cube would have been a good choice for Anikin in Eps 2+3. And Daniel Radcliff as Anikin in Eps 1

starwarsrules14
Hayden did a great job on Anakin! He did have a kind of evil presence, imo.

JenR1215
Originally posted by wookie_pimp
I think Ice Cube would have been a good choice for Anikin in Eps 2+3. And Daniel Radcliff as Anikin in Eps 1
blink.... lol

DiamondBullets

Yep. I can picture Ice Cube as Anakin. He'd be straight West-Coastin' in it witta lightsaber. Better yet, he should have a blaster, since he be used to carrying a 9.

..+--^----------, --------, -----, --------^-,
..| |||||||||...--------..........|........... O
..+---------------------------^----------|
......._, ---------, ---------, --------------
...../ XXXXXX /| /
..../ XXXXXX / .. ..
.../ XXXXXX /-------
../ XXXXXX /
./ XXXXXX /
(________)

palpy_666
ME! I wouldv'e made a great Anakin! I'm into theater and can act WAY better than Hayden, lol.

Here, take a look.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5820/coolgrant4dx.th.jpg

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8149/grant34s33tq.th.jpg

DiamondBullets
Ice Cube

bilb
Ice Cube? messed

WTF??? blink

lets go work on the soundtrack! (100 points to whoever gets that refernce)

laughing

Captain REX

And I think you STILL don't need to be here...

OG-Loc
I would have picked Ice Cube except George Lucas is a racist

JenR1215
erm wtf??

overlord
Originally posted by palpy_666
ME! I wouldv'e made a great Anakin! I'm into theater and can act WAY better than Hayden, lol.

Here, take a look.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5820/coolgrant4dx.th.jpg

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8149/grant34s33tq.th.jpg

I've never in my whole life seen anything this menacing. scared

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by OG-Loc
I would have picked Ice Cube except George Lucas is a racist

Wurd up! Where u from, nigga?

DiamondBullets
Actually, it's prolly a good thang Ice Cube didn't play Anakin--cuz I can't see an O.G. like 'Cube getting his ass whooped by someone like Ewan MacGregor. Naw mean?

Eleonora
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
no one could play it better than Hayden Christensen

AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!!! thumb up thumb up thumb up

ps. Learn Fist of the North (uao, someone has delusions of grandeur eh? big grin), learn.....

darthmaul1
Hayden was perfect for the role of Anakin, he is an excellent actor.

OG-Loc
Gayden is crap actor. Too be honest I would have picked Joaquin Phoenix or someone who actually can act that would play the role of Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.