Question About NJO

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dirk Jade
New Jedi Order... Im reading Timothy Zahns Heir to The Empire and Dark Force rising and Last Comand and its pretty good. But I've heard some things about the NJO thats it would be a waste to read it that it realy screws the idea about the FORCE but i've also heard that it was realy good so im asking you guys if i should go to the library and get it?

Is it worth my time is what im asking... Also how many books are there in the NJO?

Dan Skywalker
Well personally ive really enjoyed the new Jedi Order, I'd say deffianly go the libary and read them, I think they are the best Star Wars books after the Thrawn Trilogy
The series is comprised of 19 books.

exanda kane
To be honest; it will either liven up your Star Wars enjoyment or make you rue the day Lucas sold his sole!

I sit on the fence. I want to know what happens but the Vong dont belong in Star Wars.

Tangible God
It's all a matter of personal taste. But for me I found that the NJO was a huge disappointment. It was the battle scenes and warfare-plotting that i enjoyed most.

The concept of the Vong being outside the normal realm of the Force totally contradicted the original theory of the Force. It goes from the millenia old Light and Dark of the Force, to the "there is no Light and Dark, only the Living Force,"...in essence.

Darth_Glentract
Dan Skywalker, there's 21 books and yes, read it.

Dirk Jade
ok thanks guys.

Julie
I thought there were only 19???? Okay I think we're all right here it's just depending on which def of book is. There are only 19 full novels I believe but a few short stories and a novella or two here and there

Dan Skywalker
Originally posted by Julie
I thought there were only 19???? Okay I think we're all right here it's just depending on which def of book is. There are only 19 full novels I believe but a few short stories and a novella or two here and there
Yeah your right, I have all 19 books but there are 2 E-books so that must be where 21 came from.

Dirk Jade
ummm... where do i start.. and dont say book 1. what is book 1's name please and thank you.

SnakeEyes
The first book is called Vector Prime. I'd give it a shot... I'm liking the series (overall) so far and I'm on the 11th or 12th book.

exanda kane
Lets start a Vong hatred thread.
I'll start.

I dont like the Vong.

thankyou for effectively letting me ruin this thread.

overlord
Vong are people who quickly go outside of the universe thus making sure they don't have anything to do with the force. Killer cool.

exanda kane
Im sorry but they belong in Star Trek, not Star Wars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.