X-men vs X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LethalFemme
Okay first thread hope you like it. So the X-men fight amongst each other who wins?

Emma Frost

vs

Psylocke(current)

vs

Storm

vs

Rogue(current)

vs

Cyclops

vs

Beast

vs

Colossus

vs

Wolverine

vs

Nightcrawler

vs

Gambit

vs

Havok

Draco69
This is one of those battle where it could go anyway. Psylocke currently is the most dangerous so they might try to stomp on her first to get her out of the way. Nightcrawler could just port people's heads off. And Emma Frost could simply mindwipe all her opponents (except Psylocke). Havok could go nova with a fully-powered plasma blast that would kill just about everyone and Rogue can do something similar with her new Sunfire powers.

LethalFemme
pick one

Khellendros
I'd say either Psylocke or Havok.

LethalFemme
is there a reason for that?

spiderman44
w8 a minute rogue gots new sunfire powers in wat comic but i think colosus wins just cuzz psylock is his only real compotition and if he hits her in tha head then he wins

Blair Wind
um...and emmas no compitition for him how? I say either havok or emma or psych, whoever reacts fastest wins....

Khellendros
Originally posted by LethalFemme
is there a reason for that?
In a free-for-all like this, strategy isn't going to matter much. Every person for themselves means the people with the most raw power stand the best chance.

Metalmanx
Psylocke wins. Emma can't do anything to hurt her psionically. And with Psylocke being the only TK here, she wins.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Blair Wind
um...and emmas no compitition for him how? I say either havok or emma or psych, whoever reacts fastest wins....

you returned blushing

Khellendros
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Psylocke wins. Emma can't do anything to hurt her psionically. And with Psylocke being the only TK here, she wins.
Indeed.

spiderman44
uh wat chu mean cuzz ayeemma whould not be any consern for colosus if his armor is on can she efect his mind if so then emma wins and u guys act likehavok is hella strong last i checked havok waz a *****

Blair Wind
you returned blushing

only for a little bit...i should be doing work... wink

and yes emma can affect his mind in armored form....

Blair Wind
and havoks got the force of the sun what do you mean hes not powerful? he can create a huge omni-directional field of hot plasma like energy, pretty much tearing everyone up.....

stormfront13
either storm or psylock. both are the hardest to affect with telepathy there, though betsy is immune. both have the most raw power. between these two, it could go either way.

LethalFemme
I noticed I did make it rather difficult to pick a winner but, the ones I definitely don't see wining are Cyclops, Beast, Wolverine, Gambit or Nightcrawler.

Metalmanx
I knew Stormfront13 was going to leap in here and say Storm would be either the winner or up there.

Storm's powers will do nothing against Psylocke, who can telekinetically deflect them. While Psylocke, on the other hand, can pretty much crush Storm into a football-sized shape.

And Storm has some resistances to telepathy yes, but not if said telepathy is from Emma and she's out to take Storm down.

Psylocke wins this without there being a close runner-up.

a1hsauce
Gambit owns stick out tongue

LethalFemme
I knew Stormfront13 was going to leap in here and say Storm would be either the winner or up there.

Storm's powers will do nothing against Psylocke, who can telekinetically deflect them. While Psylocke, on the other hand, can pretty much crush Storm into a football-sized shape.

And Storm has some resistances to telepathy yes, but not if said telepathy is from Emma and she's out to take Storm down.

You're the only person who actually chose one person and stuck with it thanks wink

xmarksthespot
Psylocke, being immune to telepathy, wins
Case in point.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Psylocke, being immune to telepathy, wins
Case in point.

So who do you think wins?

xmarksthespot
So who do you think wins? Uh... Psylocke. ^See you even quoted me.

stormfront13

shields matter nothing to storm, she affects the inside. and jean greys tk couldn't stand up to storms winds, and jean is an omega level tk. psylock might be omega, but it's doubtfull. the emma VS storm thing is still debatable, seeing as everytime they have fought, storm has easily won, except the first time in which that case was storms first time facing a telepath, and having little expierence.

yeah, you forgot to add the rrest where storm shakes off the psionic attack, and easily leaves emma helpless. a telepath has diffulity doing anything to storm. even jean grey can't get into parts of her mind. and when storm is angered, xavier can't either. both jean and xavier being more powerful than emma. and in the same run of extreme, strm is attacked psionically, and completley electricfies the person attacking her. she says that she doesn't like people going into her mind, and shocks the psion out. rachel grey has to give it all she has to break storm psionically. there is no evidance that emma would be able to fully affect storm except the first time they fought, and ever since then, storm has proved very resistant to tp.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by stormfront13
shields matter nothing to storm, she affects the inside. and jean greys tk couldn't stand up to storms winds, and jean is an omega level tk.

When was this? During the time he encased her in tornado and suffocated her?

Jean didn't have her TK then.

stormfront13
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
When was this? During the time he encased her in tornado and suffocated her?

Jean didn't have her TK then.

no, jean only had telepathy then. she has done it earlier, but i don't have my comics with me, so i don't know the issue number. but she has also affected the insides of unus's shields, and magnetos shields. storm could just rob them of their air
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/stormfront13/17.jpg
and surround herslf in an electrical force-field. or she could just electricy the air around everyone which would take care of everyone that didn't have a force-field.

TheKahn
I assume that all combatants are within a short range to begin with. In that case I go with Cyke and here is why:

First of all, the fight gets decided in the first few seconds. So whoever attacks first wins. Havok and Cyke have arguablly the quickest powers to use. Many of the other more powerful characters (such as Frost) have to concentrate and focus there power. Scott and Alex have the advantage that their powers are incredibally destructive and require little effort to use. In fact they usually have to worry more about controlling their abilities than using them.

If those to go all out I don't see any of the others still standing. Psylocke and Colossus would last the longest (and emma if she is in diamond form) but I think that the brothers would eventually wear them down. So that leaves the two brothers. I give the win to Cyke because he's a better fighter and has more experience. But that's just my opinion and I could see a situation where someone else could win. However, this seems to me to be the most likely outcome.

Creshosk
jean greys tk couldn't stand up to storms winds, and jean is an omega level tk. Are you ****ing serious?

You're comparing JEAN'S omega level, telekinetically fixing the 616 universe, to Storm's winds?

You can't ****ing be serious.

stormfront13
Originally posted by Creshosk
Are you ****ing serious?

You're comparing JEAN'S omega level, telekinetically fixing the 616 universe, to Storm's winds?

You can't ****ing be serious.

when storm fought legion. jean couldn't stabalize herself with her tk because the winds were too strong for her. i believe it was legion quest, but i may be wrong

Creshosk
when storm fought legion. jean couldn't stabalize herself with her tk because the winds were too strong for her. i believe it was legion quest, but i may be wrong her TK wasn't at it's omega level then.

Do you honestly believe that with the characters as they are now those events would repeat themselves just as they did?

Did I mention telekinetically fixing the 616 Universe?

stormfront13
her TK wasn't at it's omega level then.

Do you honestly believe that with the characters as they are now those events would repeat themselves just as they did?

Did I mention telekinetically fixing the 616 Universe?

while i believe it shouldn't have happened, and that jean could have stabalized herself, all this doesn't make it any less cannon. and yes, she was still omega back then. you are born an omega, you don't just evolve into class omega. but as it was, jean back then is probably more powerful than betsy is now.

Creshosk
You aren't born at the maximum power elevel you will acheive later either. Look at iceman, he used to be the poor man's frosty. . . and barring the decimation storyline. . . he's alot more powerful now then he was then.

Jean is also more powerful now then she was then. Yes she was an omega, she had not and still has not reached her maximum potential. And you honestly beleive that Storm can beat Jean's OMEGA level TK?

stormfront13
You aren't born at the maximum power elevel you will acheive later either. Look at iceman, he used to be the poor man's frosty. . . and barring the decimation storyline. . . he's alot more powerful now then he was then.

Jean is also more powerful now then she was then. Yes she was an omega, she had not and still has not reached her maximum potential. And you honestly beleive that Storm can beat Jean's OMEGA level TK?

obviously you aren't born at maximum level, but you said jean wasn't an omega back then, which isn't true. no, i don't believe that storm could beat jeans current tk, she doesn't have the power to, i believe she can beat her past level of tk seeing as she already has and she wasn't even concentrated on jean when she did it. betsy isn't an omega, and she seems to be the level of tk that jean was when storm overpowerd her tk. you also have to take into account the way that betsy fights, she likes to get up close and personal when she fights, so chances are that she won't be gunning for storm right away, whi fights flying.

Creshosk
obviously you aren't born at maximum level, but you said jean wasn't an omega back then, I said her TK wasn't at her omega level. Big difference.

Phoenix_Avatar9
bets teke is on a completely, utterly new level as of now. In seasons of the witch of Uncanny her teke is shown as extremely powerful even, w/o rachel. just b/c she's most like a scrapper doesnt mean she cant use her teke from long range and she can fly too. She was chasing after ray superman-style.

Metalmanx
shields matter nothing to storm, she affects the inside. and jean greys tk couldn't stand up to storms winds, and jean is an omega level tk. psylock might be omega, but it's doubtfull. the emma VS storm thing is still debatable, seeing as everytime they have fought, storm has easily won, except the first time in which that case was storms first time facing a telepath, and having little expierence.

yeah, you forgot to add the rrest where storm shakes off the psionic attack, and easily leaves emma helpless. a telepath has diffulity doing anything to storm. even jean grey can't get into parts of her mind. and when storm is angered, xavier can't either. both jean and xavier being more powerful than emma. and in the same run of extreme, strm is attacked psionically, and completley electricfies the person attacking her. she says that she doesn't like people going into her mind, and shocks the psion out. rachel grey has to give it all she has to break storm psionically. there is no evidance that emma would be able to fully affect storm except the first time they fought, and ever since then, storm has proved very resistant to tp.

I just looked over both of those comics again. First, I agree completely with Cresh (wow, that doesn't happen too often) and Xmarks. Jean's TK back then was nowhere near what it is now. To my knowledge, Psylocke's is much more powerful currently. Storm won't have time to blow her around in the wind or affect her inside her forcefield. Betsy will have already telekinetically snapped her neck by then.

Oh, and about Storm shaking off the pisonic attack. Looking at the comic right now, do you mean the part where Emma psionically attacks her, changes into diamond, and manhandles Storm all the way down to the ground and then lands hard on her? That seemed to hurt Storm quite a bit.

Yes, I know that after that Storm hit Emma with a pretty powerful bolt of lightning (you're probably gonna say it wasn't too powerful, but from my judgement it looks to be pretty potent) and then pins her against a wall with her winds.

Doesn't change the fact that Emma's psionic attack both damages and hinders Storm greatly (since she caused her to fall out of the sky). And just think, if Emma were to actually want to kill her with a psionic blast...well, let's just say that Storm really wouldn't have any options after that.

Anyways, Psylocke wins rather easily. I predict a group neck-breaking.

stormfront13
I said her TK wasn't at her omega level. Big difference.

yes it was, her tk has always been omega level, just when she was holding the universe in her hand, she was at her full potential. your born an omega, and with that comes omega-level power. she had omega power then, just didn't utilize her full potential.

yes, but staying in character, she doesn't do those things right off the bat. no one os doubting she is extremley powerful.

no one is doubting the fact that she has grown more powerful. I'm not saying storm will directly use wind, it was just an example of how powerful her wind is. just as easily as betsy snaps her neck, storm could have fried her synapses

this is how the comic goes. storm catches emma, storm recognizes emma as an ally and isn't expecting an attack. they fall to the ground, emma is hit with ligthning, then the wind kicks up sending emma into a wall. emma never manhandled storm in that scene, it was the other way around.

once again, storm wasn't expecting emma to attack her. going by past battles, and expierences, storm has enough resistance to take emma out, not unless betsy does it first seeing as betsy hates emma.

or fried synapses for everyone. storms attacks move faster than betsy's. tk moves at the speed of thought, and electricity moves faster than that. or storm just encases everyone in a blovk of ice as she did to colossus in x-men VS dracula. the comic stated that the attack was done in the blink of an eye.

Metalmanx
yes it was, her tk has always been omega level, just when she was holding the universe in her hand, she was at her full potential. your born an omega, and with that comes omega-level power. she had omega power then, just didn't utilize her full potential.

yes, but staying in character, she doesn't do those things right off the bat. no one os doubting she is extremley powerful.

no one is doubting the fact that she has grown more powerful. I'm not saying storm will directly use wind, it was just an example of how powerful her wind is. just as easily as betsy snaps her neck, storm could have fried her synapses

this is how the comic goes. storm catches emma, storm recognizes emma as an ally and isn't expecting an attack. they fall to the ground, emma is hit with ligthning, then the wind kicks up sending emma into a wall. emma never manhandled storm in that scene, it was the other way around.

once again, storm wasn't expecting emma to attack her. going by past battles, and expierences, storm has enough resistance to take emma out, not unless betsy does it first seeing as betsy hates emma.

or fried synapses for everyone. storms attacks move faster than betsy's. tk moves at the speed of thought, and electricity moves faster than that. or storm just encases everyone in a blovk of ice as she did to colossus in x-men VS dracula. the comic stated that the attack was done in the blink of an eye.

My God, Stormfront. You have a real problem with letting Storm lose, you know that? Even I know when Colossus or Spiderman is beat. But you don't care who it is.

TK moves at the speed of thought. I know that electricity (speed-wise) moves faster, but Storm must first think it. The electricity doesn't replace Storm's need to psionically conjur it up first. The TK however, is just one move. Betsy thinks "Break Storm's Neck" and bam. It's done. Before Storm can think "Electrifiy Betsy's synapses" and witness anything happen, she'll be dead. Because it takes two motions to perform this attack. While Betsy's TK just takes one motion.

And I know how the comic goes, it's sitting right next to me. I only use the term "manhandled" because she did greatly injure Storm on the way down to the ground with the psionic attack and then the hard landing. That's all. Don't get your panties in a twist. Storm one because there was a wall there basically. Storm's resistances aren't enough to completely negate all telepathic attack, you really should know this. Anyone with sufficient telepathic power will be able to quickly take her down psionically, even with her defenses up.

Betsy takes out Storm before Storm even realizes she's dead. And then it's on to the others. Actually her toughest opponent to defeat will be Colossus, since I don't think she can actually manipulate him the same way, since he doesn't have the same human phisiology when he's transformed. I don't know if she has the power to snap him, it seems doubtful. But she still wins cuz she can just keep him at bay for as long as she wants.

eternitygoddess
My God, Stormfront. You have a real problem with letting Storm lose, you know that?

I agree. Stormfront is even worse than GS.

stormfront13
My God, Stormfront. You have a real problem with letting Storm lose, you know that? Even I know when Colossus or Spiderman is beat. But you don't care who it is.

TK moves at the speed of thought. I know that electricity (speed-wise) moves faster, but Storm must first think it. The electricity doesn't replace Storm's need to psionically conjur it up first. The TK however, is just one move. Betsy thinks "Break Storm's Neck" and bam. It's done. Before Storm can think "Electrifiy Betsy's synapses" and witness anything happen, she'll be dead. Because it takes two motions to perform this attack. While Betsy's TK just takes one motion.

And I know how the comic goes, it's sitting right next to me. I only use the term "manhandled" because she did greatly injure Storm on the way down to the ground with the psionic attack and then the hard landing. That's all. Don't get your panties in a twist. Storm one because there was a wall there basically. Storm's resistances aren't enough to completely negate all telepathic attack, you really should know this. Anyone with sufficient telepathic power will be able to quickly take her down psionically, even with her defenses up.

Betsy takes out Storm before Storm even realizes she's dead. And then it's on to the others. Actually her toughest opponent to defeat will be Colossus, since I don't think she can actually manipulate him the same way, since he doesn't have the same human phisiology when he's transformed. I don't know if she has the power to snap him, it seems doubtful. But she still wins cuz she can just keep him at bay for as long as she wants.

i know storm stands a huge chance at losing, but betsy stands a chance as well. it's not that simple. yes, she has grown in power, but she isn't god. storm is about as hard to affect with telepathy as magneto is. she too affetcs the electro-magnetic field. both storm and betsy have to think first, and both only have to think bout striking the other. in which case it would be a dounle K.O. betsy doesn't have enhanced reflexes or reaction time, so therfore it's mor even;y matched than you think. storm has enough to resist emma for the half a second it takes to summon lightning. that's is all I have been trying to say(it might have been confusing because i am not the best with words, and i have trouble getting points across). once again, betsy has human reaction time therefore it's more evenly matched than you think. you have to consider all the possibilities. what if betsy doesn't go for storm first? what if she gets taken out quick? what if storm gets taken out quick? ther are so many possibilities that it's hard to say who it will and won't come out with. imo it comes down to betsy and storm, with it being evenly matched. i see storm having an edge because A)she has more expierence B) is the better tactician C) her most devestating attack moves faster than betsy's does D)storm has an electrical field which repels tk attacks. imo, it's evenly matched

Creshosk
yes it was, her tk has always been omega level, just when she was holding the universe in her hand, she was at her full potential. your born an omega, and with that comes omega-level power. she had omega power then, just didn't utilize her full potential. You aren't born with the omega level power, that's why they talk about potential with omega level mutants, and no, Jean has not reached her full potential, she's going to eventually replace the phoenix force by becoming it. She hasn't done that quite yet.

And no it was not at her omega level of power. . . maybe beta. . . or gamma considering what she does now and what she will be in the future.

If she could do then what she does now she could have turned storm into a smear easier than . . easier than . . I can't think of anything to compare that too. She telekinetically fixed the 616 universe! The entire universe was effected with but a minor thought. No concentration, no effort, just did it.

Now when you think about how big a universe is then that means that Storm and storms winds would be like a single electron to you. You certtianly wouldn't notice a single electron would you? Of course not, you're not an electron microscope.

Metalmanx
i know storm stands a huge chance at losing, but betsy stands a chance as well. it's not that simple. yes, she has grown in power, but she isn't god. storm is about as hard to affect with telepathy as magneto is. she too affetcs the electro-magnetic field. both storm and betsy have to think first, and both only have to think bout striking the other. in which case it would be a dounle K.O. betsy doesn't have enhanced reflexes or reaction time, so therfore it's mor even;y matched than you think. storm has enough to resist emma for the half a second it takes to summon lightning. that's is all I have been trying to say(it might have been confusing because i am not the best with words, and i have trouble getting points across). once again, betsy has human reaction time therefore it's more evenly matched than you think. you have to consider all the possibilities. what if betsy doesn't go for storm first? what if she gets taken out quick? what if storm gets taken out quick? ther are so many possibilities that it's hard to say who it will and won't come out with. imo it comes down to betsy and storm, with it being evenly matched. i see storm having an edge because A)she has more expierence B) is the better tactician C) her most devestating attack moves faster than betsy's does D)storm has an electrical field which repels tk attacks. imo, it's evenly matched

That was the most logical post you've ever made.

Wrong at some points, but still logical nonetheless.

Okay, Storm's electrical field is not going to stop TK. TK is basically physical attacks produced from the mind. Attacks that can easily penetrate a "force field" produced by Storm since they are psionic in origin. Next you're going to tell me that Storm's electromagnetic fields deflect telepathic attacks as well. Storm's attacks will not be faster than Betsy's thoughts, I'm sorry. Just accept that.

I'm assuming Storm's most devestating attack is lightning. And if that's true, then Betsy easily blocks it with her TK. This is, of course, assuming that Betsy hasn't already killed her.

And I never said who Betsy would take out first for reason--that Betsy can take them all out (save Colossus) with one stroke. That's all it takes. Hell, for Wolverine, she can even make an exception and pull his heart and brain out of his body or something. If it doesn't kill him, it's still a KO and a win for her.

So you say that Betsy doesn't have enhanced reflexes. Are you then saying that Storm does? Cuz if you are saying this, I'm going to have to call you a big ol' poopy-head. As well as a liar.

If anything, Betsy's reflexes are better than Storm's, being a ninja and all. As well as the #1 assassin in Japan.

And the experience thing. Storm was first introduced in 1975. Psylocke was first introduced in 1976. And they've both been fighting pretty consistantly since then. I'd definitely go so far as to say that experience is not much of a factor here in the slightest. In fact, yes. That's exactly what I'm saying.

So, after all that, Psylocke DEFINITELY has the big edge here. There's just nothing the others can do to an uber powerful telekinetic who's immune to telepathic attacks. That includes Storm.

stormfront13
You aren't born with the omega level power, that's why they talk about potential with omega level mutants, and no, Jean has not reached her full potential, she's going to eventually replace the phoenix force by becoming it. She hasn't done that quite yet.

And no it was not at her omega level of power. . . maybe beta. . . or gamma considering what she does now and what she will be in the future.

If she could do then what she does now she could have turned storm into a smear easier than . . easier than . . I can't think of anything to compare that too. She telekinetically fixed the 616 universe! The entire universe was effected with but a minor thought. No concentration, no effort, just did it.

Now when you think about how big a universe is then that means that Storm and storms winds would be like a single electron to you. You certtianly wouldn't notice a single electron would you? Of course not, you're not an electron microscope.

yes, you are born an omega. when you are either born you are, or you aren't. as i have already said, you awlays have omega level power, but it's about reaching your full potential. when jean fixed the universe, she was at full potential, when she was having a hard time, she probably wasn't at even half her potantial. that's the way it is, you always have omega-level power.

Metalmanx
yes, you are born an omega. when you are either born you are, or you aren't. as i have already said, you awlays have omega level power, but it's about reaching your full potential. when jean fixed the universe, she was at full potential, when she was having a hard time, she probably wasn't at even half her potantial. that's the way it is, you always have omega-level power.

Sigh...Cresh, I can see the problem you're having here.

Okay, SF. Try to understand this. If she was ALWAYS at that level, she wouldn't struggle the way she did during Legion Quest. Having the potential and being at that level are TWO DIFFERENT things.

Iceman, for example (as Cresh already pointed out) started out as a crappy snowman. He wasn't always powerful. Slowly, through training and other realizations, he finally figured out his true power. He didn't just unlock it, he had to work for it. Now he's god-like.

Same with Jean. She may have always been an omega-level mutant, but she didn't always have the power. She had to realize it through training and other such things.

stormfront13
That was the most logical post you've ever made.

Wrong at some points, but still logical nonetheless.

Okay, Storm's electrical field is not going to stop TK. TK is basically physical attacks produced from the mind. Attacks that can easily penetrate a "force field" produced by Storm since they are psionic in origin. Next you're going to tell me that Storm's electromagnetic fields deflect telepathic attacks as well. Storm's attacks will not be faster than Betsy's thoughts, I'm sorry. Just accept that.

I'm assuming Storm's most devestating attack is lightning. And if that's true, then Betsy easily blocks it with her TK. This is, of course, assuming that Betsy hasn't already killed her.

And I never said who Betsy would take out first for reason--that Betsy can take them all out (save Colossus) with one stroke. That's all it takes. Hell, for Wolverine, she can even make an exception and pull his heart and brain out of his body or something. If it doesn't kill him, it's still a KO and a win for her.

So you say that Betsy doesn't have enhanced reflexes. Are you then saying that Storm does? Cuz if you are saying this, I'm going to have to call you a big ol' poopy-head. As well as a liar.

If anything, Betsy's reflexes are better than Storm's, being a ninja and all. As well as the #1 assassin in Japan.

And the experience thing. Storm was first introduced in 1975. Psylocke was first introduced in 1976. And they've both been fighting pretty consistantly since then. I'd definitely go so far as to say that experience is not much of a factor here in the slightest. In fact, yes. That's exactly what I'm saying.

So, after all that, Psylocke DEFINITELY has the big edge here. There's just nothing the others can do to an uber powerful telekinetic who's immune to telepathic attacks. That includes Storm.

storms electrical field has already stopped tk attacks. when storm fought candra, czandra unleashed tk attacks, and storm's electrical force-field was deflecting all of the tk attacks. and shifting the electromagnetic field does scramble incoming tp assualts, that's common knowlege in marvel. yes, the speed of electricity is faster than the speed of tk, so the attack itself is faster. storm easily affects the insides of force-fields. and betsy isn't fast enough to grab the lightning itself considering it moves faster than she can comprehend. i have never said that storm has enhanced reaction time, and neither does betsy which makes the fight more even. if anything storm would be just under betsy if nnot on par with her seeing as she's the best fighter and pickpocket in cairo, and has more expierence than betsy. storm has been fighting all her life, since she was six. and she hasn't taken a break from the team for 15 years, and when she did she was hardly gone. now when you take into account that betsy hasn't been fighting all her life, was introduced a whole year later, and has been dead for the past year, storm definitley has more expierence.

DarkCrawler
No, Candra was firing psi-bolts.

Psi-bolt is different thing then telekinesis. It's energy.

Candra's field was stopping Storm's lightning too.

stormfront13
Same with Jean. She may have always been an omega-level mutant, but she didn't always have the power. She had to realize it through training and other such things.

this is excatley what i have been saying, except she had the power. an omega always has the power, except they just don't realize it. hows this um.......say you have the potential to be the strongest person in the world, but you don't know it. eventually you gain confidence and more training ang you do become the strongest person in the world. the power was always there, just not the belief or the confidence.

stormfront13
No, Candra was firing psi-bolts.

Psi-bolt is different thing then telekinesis. It's energy.

Candra's field was stopping Storm's lightning too.

and you assume this because? psi-bolts don't have a pshyical form persay. candra was surrounded in a pink bubble, and from the pink bubble, energy was coming, so unless you can make a field is tp, the only other alternative is tk. the tk was bouncing off storms field.

DarkCrawler
and you assume this because? psi-bolts don't have a pshyical form persay. candra was surrounded in a pink bubble, and from the pink bubble, energy was coming, so unless you can make a field is tp, the only other alternative is tk. the tk was bouncing off storms field.

Metalmanx
storms electrical field has already stopped tk attacks. when storm fought candra, czandra unleashed tk attacks, and storm's electrical force-field was deflecting all of the tk attacks. and shifting the electromagnetic field does scramble incoming tp assualts, that's common knowlege in marvel. yes, the speed of electricity is faster than the speed of tk, so the attack itself is faster. storm easily affects the insides of force-fields. and betsy isn't fast enough to grab the lightning itself considering it moves faster than she can comprehend. i have never said that storm has enhanced reaction time, and neither does betsy which makes the fight more even. if anything storm would be just under betsy if nnot on par with her seeing as she's the best fighter and pickpocket in cairo, and has more expierence than betsy. storm has been fighting all her life, since she was six. and she hasn't taken a break from the team for 15 years, and when she did she was hardly gone. now when you take into account that betsy hasn't been fighting all her life, was introduced a whole year later, and has been dead for the past year, storm definitley has more expierence.

Call me crazy, but I'd definitely put all my money on the #1 assassin in Japan against the #1 pickpocket and fighter in Cairo. That's just me though.

Okay, this attack speed thing. You're clearly not reading my posts or just don't understand. Storm's electricity attacks require two actions. Her to think them, and then for them to happen.

Betsy's TK, however, is the one action. She just thinks it. It goes with her speed of thought. As she thinks it, it happens. Not like Storm, who thinks it, then it happens. Betsy's is hand in hand with her thoughts.

And yes, I'd definitely say that Betsy has better reflexes than Storm. You can disagree all you want, but I know the truth. Being an incredibly skilled-ninja will do that to you.

And if you wanna get REALLY technical...Betsy does have more experience. First there's Besty Braddock. Then there's Kwannon. Put them together, you have all of their experience together. So, Psylocke has both the experience of the English-born Betsy Braddock (which is still quite a bit) and the experience of the #1 assassin in Japan: Kwannon. So now I change my previous statement. Betsy does indeed have more experience than Storm.

Storm can't win here.

And Darkcrawler already beat me to the rest.

Creshosk
yes, you are born an omega. I never said you weren't.

when you are either born you are, or you aren't.Yes.

as i have already said, you awlays have omega level power, No you don't. Otherwise Iceman would have been born in his ice form, without a physical body and would have always been able to do the things he does now. You are born with the potential for the power, but you are not born with that level power.

but it's about reaching your full potential. Which is not done automatically.

when jean fixed the universe, she was at full potential, No she was't. She's going to replace the phoenix force entirely.

when she was having a hard time, she probably wasn't at even half her potantial. Way less, so her power level was less becuase she wasn't as powerful, because she hadn't realized as much of her potential.

that's the way it is, you always have omega-level power. No you don't. You always have the omega level potetial, but you are not always at the omega level of power. Again, iceman, jean grey. . . they were not always as powerful as they are now.

Creshosk
this is excatley what i have been saying, except she had the power. No she didn't. She couldn't always fix the universe with a thought, if she could do you really think that Storm would have had any effect?

And look: *gasp*

Human form for iceman, not being made of ice in the shape of a man
http://www.alteredvisions.org/Titles/Uncanny/Images/iceman.gif

an omega always has the power, No they don't, Iceman couldn't always turn into actual ice. Jean couldn't always fix the universe with a thought.

except they just don't realize it. hows this um.......say you have the potential to be the strongest person in the world, but you don't know it. eventually you gain confidence and more training ang you do become the strongest person in the world. the power was always there, just not the belief or the confidence. No it wasn't. the strongest person in the world can pick up an 80 lbs. ball easily. Because the training and excercise they might have been a 98 lbs weakling that couldn't pick up an 8 lbs. bowling ball. To say they've always had the power is ridiculous. because just about EVERYONE has the potential to become that strong, but I challenge you to find a two year old thatcan pick up the 8 lbs ball easily, let alone the 80 lbs. ball. They don't have the power to, even though they have the potential to.

xmarksthespot
storm has enough to resist emma for the half a second it takes to summon lightning.If she can't use her powers to even fly for seconds after a mindblast what makes you think she can summon lightning during a mindblast. She can resist her mind being altered, but she goes down to a mindblast.

And she goes down to TK.

LethalFemme
I'm staring to regret putting in Betsy exchange her for classic psylocke.

xmarksthespot
Then either Psylocke or Emma win.

Metalmanx
Then either Psylocke or Emma win.

Probably psylocke again. There was never a true contest to my knowledge, but I've always believed Betsy's TP was SLIGHTLY better.

And even if they stalemated, Emma would turn to diamond. And then Psylocke would have a field day on her mind (since Emma can't use TP when in diamond form). And then there's the psi-blades. Those'll mess Emma up nicely.

Draco69
Actually Emma CAN use her telepathy in her diamond form. She got over this weakness. She's been showing to do this ALOT in New and Astonishing X-Men.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Draco69
Actually Emma CAN use her telepathy in her diamond form. She got over this weakness. She's been showing to do this ALOT in New and Astonishing X-Men.

Is that right? Well then, I stand corrected. I've been boycotting Astonishing, so I didn't know this. And I couldn't stand the art in New X-men, so I didn't read that either.

Well, even if she does do that, Betsy's still got her psi-blades, which can either KO or kill a person with one shot. So, even if Emma goes diamond, Betsy's FAR SUPERIOR fighting skills allow her to plunge a psi-blade into her head. Psylocke still wins, but now not as easily as I once thought.

xmarksthespot
Why are you boycotting Astonishing? erm

If this was just classic Betsy and Emma then I don't know who the victor would be they've always been relatively close. I can't remember if classic Betsy could effectively use telepathy when she focused her power into her psychic knives.

Metalmanx

If this was just classic Betsy and Emma then I don't know who the victor would be they've always been relatively close. I can't remember if classic Betsy could effectively use telepathy when she focused her power into her psychic knives.

I dunno...something about...I'm not sure what it is...but I don't like it.

The art kinda rubs me the wrong way, too. I'm very picky when it comes to what art I like.

The ONLY good thing to come from Astonishing X-men is the bringing back of Colossus.

And on a completely unrelated topic: http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=56#comic

Creshosk

If this was just classic Betsy and Emma then I don't know who the victor would be they've always been relatively close. I can't remember if classic Betsy could effectively use telepathy when she focused her power into her psychic knives. Would've helped in the sabertooth fight. . knowing it wouldn't work so not to get too close. . .

when she had the psychic knife on the back of her hand thing going on that seemed to be the only way for her to use her TP. . .

But it raises the questions of how did she do that shapeshifting thing exactly, and why didn't it work on wolverine exactly? Seems like every other evil villian orginization has had him brainwashed at one point or another. . .

stormfront13
creshok, your misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. if you are an omega, you always have omega power, it's just a matter of getting there. the iceman example is completely useless because he didn't realize he had the potential to do all of those things, and he didn't understand his powers.

about storms shield, well most of you agree that it was blocking tp, so emma's powers are completely useless against storm, and now that it's classic psylock, then she isn't immune to tp anymore. she would still be hard to affect but isn't immune. so if storm has a shield that blocks either tp or tk, then she's the safest.

Metalmanx
creshok, your misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. if you are an omega, you always have omega power, it's just a matter of getting there. the iceman example is completely useless because he didn't realize he had the potential to do all of those things, and he didn't understand his powers.

about storms shield, well most of you agree that it was blocking tp, so emma's powers are completely useless against storm, and now that it's classic psylock, then she isn't immune to tp anymore. she would still be hard to affect but isn't immune. so if storm has a shield that blocks either tp or tk, then she's the safest.

I didn't see where most of us agreed with that statement at all. I for one disagree. Storm's shields cannot block out TP nor TK. She blocked psi-blasts (which are energy), which makes sense. I'm kinda getting tired of saying this though, so I'm really considering stopping my plight to show you the truth.

Okay, omega level. Storm is omega level, am I correct? Now, if she ALWAYS had this power, don't you think a good time to realize it would've been in the fight against Legion in Legion Quest? I mean, that seems like a perfect time to realize your full potential. But she didn't. Because she had not achieved that power yet, even though she has the potential.

And just like what Cresh said earlier, EVERYONE has the potential to be the strongest person in the world (ya know, healthy people I mean).

Psylocke still wins. Current more so than Classic.

stormfront13
I didn't see where most of us agreed with that statement at all. I for one disagree. Storm's shields cannot block out TP nor TK. She blocked psi-blasts (which are energy), which makes sense. I'm kinda getting tired of saying this though, so I'm really considering stopping my plight to show you the truth.

Okay, omega level. Storm is omega level, am I correct? Now, if she ALWAYS had this power, don't you think a good time to realize it would've been in the fight against Legion in Legion Quest? I mean, that seems like a perfect time to realize your full potential. But she didn't. Because she had not achieved that power yet, even though she has the potential.

And just like what Cresh said earlier, EVERYONE has the potential to be the strongest person in the world (ya know, healthy people I mean).

Psylocke still wins. Current more so than Classic.

at least two people agreed that she blocked psionic force-bolts, and according to jean grey, psionic force bolts are just tk energy. and this is the first time you've said anything about what the shield blocks. no storm is not omega-level. it hasn't been confirmed yet, s no she is not. whle many people think she is omega, it hasn't been confirmed. and you don't just become at your prime in one second, you get there over time. an omega always has the power. fact. it is about training to chieve the power. current isn't in this, it's classic who isn't at the same level of power. storms shields block tk, which is psylocks main power.

Metalmanx
at least two people agreed that she blocked psionic force-bolts, and according to jean grey, psionic force bolts are just tk energy. and this is the first time you've said anything about what the shield blocks. no storm is not omega-level. it hasn't been confirmed yet, s no she is not. whle many people think she is omega, it hasn't been confirmed. and you don't just become at your prime in one second, you get there over time. an omega always has the power. fact. it is about training to chieve the power. current isn't in this, it's classic who isn't at the same level of power. storms shields block tk, which is psylocks main power.

Why did this omegal argument start? It's really kinda fruitless actually. Either way (just to play along with you), Storm didn't give trouble to a true omegal-level mutant then. If Jean had not reached her full potential then since she hadn't trained enough, then Storm's winds were just a hassel on a moderately-trained Jean. Beating an omega-level sounds a lot better, doesn't it? Too bad that Jean wasn't at that power.

Anyway, let this die.

I know that we're talking about Classic now. And even then, I still give it to her. Emma and Psylocke take out the rest of the opponents (including Storm) in one psionic motion. Storm will not withstand that. She can't attack faster than they can, no matter how many times you say she can.

So now it's just between Emma and Betsy. And like I said earlier, I see Betsy overpowering Emma.

stormfront13
and there is no proof that candra was using psionic force-bolts. darkcrawler just assumes this, but considering that candras main power is tk, and she's most expierenced and her most powerful attack is tk, then the only logical conslusion is that it was tk. what makes more sence, using an attack that is an ok attack, or using your most powerful attack which you have more expierence with?

stormfront13
Why did this omegal argument start? It's really kinda fruitless actually. Either way (just to play along with you), Storm didn't give trouble to a true omegal-level mutant then. If Jean had not reached her full potential then since she hadn't trained enough, then Storm's winds were just a hassel on a moderately-trained Jean. Beating an omega-level sounds a lot better, doesn't it? Too bad that Jean wasn't at that power.

Anyway, let this die.

I know that we're talking about Classic now. And even then, I still give it to her. Emma and Psylocke take out the rest of the opponents (including Storm) in one psionic motion. Storm will not withstand that. She can't attack faster than they can, no matter how many times you say she can.

So now it's just between Emma and Betsy. And like I said earlier, I see Betsy overpowering Emma.

creshok sarted this whole omega arguement, though i don't know why. yes, storm did. you are an omega since birth. jean just wasn't at her peak then, and that's the only reason she couldn't keep up. what about storms resistance don't you get? it is common knowlege for any storm fan that she has great resistance to tp assualts. she has more than enough resistance to withstand emma for the one second it takes to summon lightning. her body literally scrambles incoming tpo assualts due to her lightning. there have been more than enough showings of storm being very resistant to tp. her attacks move faster than theirs, that's what i've been saying. i haven't said that she attacks faster, instead her attacks move faster.

Metalmanx
and there is no proof that candra was using psionic force-bolts. darkcrawler just assumes this, but considering that candras main power is tk, and she's most expierenced and her most powerful attack is tk, then the only logical conslusion is that it was tk. what makes more sence, using an attack that is an ok attack, or using your most powerful attack which you have more expierence with?

Why doesn't Storm fry everyone instantly?

Why doesn't Xavier destroy everyone's minds in a second?

Why doesn't Magneto/Polaris just rip people apart?

Why doesn't Shadowcat just phase through everyone and kill them?

Why doesn't Flash/Quicksilver/Northstar defeat his opponents in the first picosecond?

Why doesn't Iceman just flash-freeze any opponent and end the fight immediately?

Why doesn't Havok just liquify his enemies from the start?

I could really go on. But I think I'm done debating with you.

It's official. You have become the new wolverine8888 for Storm.

Congrats.

Creshosk
Why did this omegal argument start? Stormfront said that Storm blocked Jean's TK, and then pointed out that Jean's TK was omega level. It's a major disconnect logically. as at the time Jean's TK was weaker than it is now, so they're just trying to get storm a win by saying that everyone is always at their power level. So Jean telekinetically fixing the universe is impressive, but storm can block it.

A completely ridiculous that ignores the fact that the characters are not always at the the same level of power. Magneto becemae a unified feild theory, when before he could only manipulate metal. Iceman became an Icegod when before the was barely a snowman. Jean has achieved telekinetic godhood, when before she was really quite weak. I'm sure there are other instances where you can find someone has become more powerful than they used to be. But SF13 wants it to sound like Jean always had this TK power she has now, to boister storm up. Cause hey Storm blocked Jean's TK and jean is an omega level TK. . .

stormfront13
Why doesn't Storm fry everyone instantly?

Why doesn't Xavier destroy everyone's minds in a second?

Why doesn't Magneto/Polaris just rip people apart?

Why doesn't Shadowcat just phase through everyone and kill them?

Why doesn't Flash/Quicksilver/Northstar defeat his opponents in the first picosecond?

Why doesn't Iceman just flash-freeze any opponent and end the fight immediately?

Why doesn't Havok just liquify his enemies from the start?

I could really go on. But I think I'm done debating with you.

It's official. You have become the new wolverine8888 for Storm.

Congrats.

that really has no affect, because those people don't kill instantley. candra was out to kill storm. big difference

stormfront13
Stormfront said that Storm blocked Jean's TK, and then pointed out that Jean's TK was omega level. It's a major disconnect logically. as at the time Jean's TK was weaker than it is now, so they're just trying to get storm a win by saying that everyone is always at their power level. So Jean telekinetically fixing the universe is impressive, but storm can block it.

A completely ridiculous that ignores the fact that the characters are not always at the the same level of power. Magneto becemae a unified feild theory, when before he could only manipulate metal. Iceman became an Icegod when before the was barely a snowman. Jean has achieved telekinetic godhood, when before she was really quite weak. I'm sure there are other instances where you can find someone has become more powerful than they used to be. But SF13 wants it to sound like Jean always had this TK power she has now, to boister storm up. Cause hey Storm blocked Jean's TK and jean is an omega level TK. . .

for the last time, an omega always has that level of power inside them. back then, jean wasn't at full potential and she wasn't utilizing all of that power. they have the power, but that doesn't mean they can use it. do you get it? they have the power, but can't always access it right away. i have been trying to make it simple for you, and everyone is right, you do sucker your way out of debating by not understanding to make yourself seem better.

Creshosk
for the last time, an omega always has that level of power inside them. No they don't. What about this do you not get? They are not always at the same level of power. You're just trying to say that to say that Jean had the level of power she has now, back then, so you can say that Storm can block omega level TK. She can't, Jean Grey now can beat Storm so easily that Jean probably wouldn't notice doing it.

Get over it your favorite character is not the strongest.

stormfront13
No they don't. What about this do you not get? They are not always at the same level of power. You're just trying to say that to say that Jean had the level of power she has now, back then, so you can say that Storm can block omega level TK. She can't, Jean Grey now can beat Storm so easily that Jean probably wouldn't notice doing it.

Get over it your favorite character is not the strongest.

wtf?

have you paid attentionm to anything I said? obviously they are not always at the same level of power. they always have the power in them. fact. they can't access that level of power, they have to work to reach that level of power. fact. jean was much weaker back then, and that is why storm was able to give her trouble. fact. jean has progressed since then, and now would beat storm, this we both agree on. jean has always been an omega. fact. do you get it now? an omega always has the power within them, but doesn't start off with that level of power, they have to work and progress to reach that level of ultimate power. even though jean was weaker back then, she was still classified as an omega, which is why i said omega tk. is this understandable?

Metalmanx
I'll just say one more thing.

On a scale from 1-10 (ten being the strongest ), Jean's "omega level TK" during Legion Quest was a 4-5 at the most.

So, sure. Storm's winds gave an omega level 5 Jean some trouble.

I could probably give that level of Jean some trouble. Just give me an industrial-sized fan.

DarkCrawler

Well, since they had physical form, and they were shaped like bolts...I suppose they were force bolts...

stormfront13
Well, since they had physical form, and they were shaped like bolts...I suppose they were force bolts...

you do realize that tk can be in the same form? and candra had a shield created from tk energy and the energy was coming from the shield?

DarkCrawler
you do realize that tk can be in the same form? and candra had a shield created from tk energy and the energy was coming from the shield?

Excatly. It was energy bolt. Not direct TK manipulating.

TwisterGameX
I say the X-men wins this match/

stormfront13
Excatly. It was energy bolt. Not direct TK manipulating.

tk is energy, so yes it would have had to had been an energy bolt. the fact that candra was out to kill storm, tk is candras strongest attack, and the attack broke off from her shield made from tk all points to the fact that she used tk. you have no proof that is was a psionic force bolt(which is tk anyway), and i have no proof thait was tk, but all the facts point to it being tk.

DarkCrawler
tk is energy, so yes it would have had to had been an energy bolt. the fact that candra was out to kill storm, tk is candras strongest attack, and the attack broke off from her shield made from tk all points to the fact that she used tk. you have no proof that is was a psionic force bolt(which is tk anyway), and i have no proof thait was tk, but all the facts point to it being tk.

Telekinetic energy bolt...energy has physical form...it's psionic force bolt.

What facts? Like it was bolt-shaped? It broke from the shield and dissipated? It was launched like an bolt? It was energy?

stormfront13
Telekinetic energy bolt...energy has physical form...it's psionic force bolt.

what?

once again, what are you trying to say? it was a fact that it was bolt shaped, it did break off from a tk shield and then bounced off storms shield, it was launched like a bolt, and it is energy. i have the comic sitting right in front of me.

wannabe
Case in point. Good picture you posted x...BUT you very well know that it's out of context! wink
Emma was able to hurt Ororo with her telepathy in that issue, but she was not able to take her out with it.
In the end it was Storm winning this particular fight against Emma.

Nonetheless i think in this threads fight Storm is not a major factor.
Imo it's between Psylocke, Havoc and Emma (she could "use" Havoc against the tp-immune Betsy)!

Metalmanx
Originally posted by wannabe
Good picture you posted x...BUT you very well know that it's out of context! wink
Emma was able to hurt Ororo with her telepathy in that issue, but she was not able to take her out with it.
In the end it was Storm winning this particular fight against Emma.

Imo it's between Psylocke, Havoc and Emma (she could "use" Havoc against the tp-immune Betsy)!

Not before Betsy snaps Emma's neck. Or crushes her enough to fit into a tin-can.

Psylocke wins.

xmarksthespot
Good picture you posted x...BUT you very well know that it's out of context! wink
In the end it was Storm winning this particular fight against Emma.Hmm... yes. But I posted in response to the constant hyperbole that Storm is immune to TP, or is so resistant to it as to be unaffected by a TP mindblast. A mindblast lasting all of a second, caused her great pain and made Storm unable to utilise her powers to fly. A sustained mindblast would KO her. If Emma hadn't been cocky and tried to alter Storm's mind, she could have easily won. I brought this up a while ago using the analogy of using the psychic equivalent of a hatchet (the former) vs using the psychic equivalent of a scalpel and performing delicate surgery (the latter). Storm may have resistance against the latter, but she is affected by the former no great deal less than most.
Imo it's between Psylocke, Havoc and Emma (she could "use" Havoc against the tp-immune Betsy)! Interesting idea, she could technically turn every X-Man there against TP immune Betsy. But I'd still say Psylocke has more likelihood of win.

stormfront13
Hmm... yes. But I posted in response to the constant hyperbole that Storm is immune to TP, or is so resistant to it as to be unaffected by a TP mindblast. A mindblast lasting all of a second, caused her great pain and made Storm unable to utilise her powers to fly. A sustained mindblast would KO her. If Emma hadn't been cocky and tried to alter Storm's mind, she could have easily won. I brought this up a while ago using the analogy of using the psychic equivalent of a hatchet (the former) vs using the psychic equivalent of a scalpel and performing delicate surgery (the latter). Storm may have resistance against the latter, but she is affected by the former no great deal less than most.

no one is saying that storm is immune to tp, only highly reseistant. your not getting that storm wasn't expecting a mindblast and was totally unprepared and caufght by suprise. emma is an x-men, an ally, and considering storm had just saved her, she had all teh right to expect that an attack would not be coming. all mutants that can affect the em fields are naturally resistant to tp. and rachel had to giveit her all just to contain storm.

xmarksthespot
emma has a very hard time getting into storms mind if she even can anymoreOriginally posted by stormfront13
storm isn't gonna let emma in and in the past emma hasn't been able to get in.Originally posted by stormfront13
Pr, storm has always had the ability to stop emma
So no one's suggested before that Storm can't be affected i.e. is immune to Emma Frost's powers? Could have fooled me. Some old quotes to refresh your memory.

You're not getting that: what exactly is she going to do even if she knows a psiblast is coming. She isn't a telepath. She has some resistance training from Xavier, as all the X-Men do but that hasn't stopped Emma before.

First off Storm cannot manipulate the electromagnetic field. You've yet to show an instance where she has. She generates electricity by exciting electrons, you've yet to show where she controls electrical energy in the same manner that Pyro controls fire or Magneto controls magnetism (among other things). She has shown no control over heat, light, magnetism etc. The only instance where I can think of where it states resistance due to the nature of her powers is when Jean from halfway across the globe says she can't probe deeper to taste Ororo's iceblock due to electrical static in her brain - (leaving aside that if there was constant synchronous electrical static in her brain then she'd basically be having an epileptic seizure, this again only implies that she can resist manipulation not psiblasts and with no implication that she can control electromagnetic force. Secondly, Polaris who does have control of electromagnetic force due to her magnetic powers, has been shown to be susceptible to mental control multiple times. Magnus, the son of Magneto and Rogue, more powerful than his father, in Exiles went down easily to a psiblast. Thirdly, a psiblast is not the same as trying to telepathically alter a person's personality, the former is pure attack, the latter requires more tact.

She has a resistance to mental manipulation, due to a combination of the nature of her powers, training from Xavier, and her strength of will. It doesn't prevent her from feeling and going down to a psiblast, as has been shown.

stormfront13
So no one's suggested before that Storm can't be affected i.e. is immune to Emma Frost's powers? Could have fooled me. Some old quotes to refresh your memory.

You're not getting that: what exactly is she going to do even if she knows a psiblast is coming. She isn't a telepath. She has some resistance training from Xavier, as all the X-Men do but that hasn't stopped Emma before.

First off Storm cannot manipulate the electromagnetic field. You've yet to show an instance where she has. She generates electricity by exciting electrons, you've yet to show where she controls electrical energy in the same manner that Pyro controls fire or Magneto controls magnetism (among other things). She has shown no control over heat, light, magnetism etc. The only instance where I can think of where it states resistance due to the nature of her powers is when Jean from halfway across the globe says she can't probe deeper to taste Ororo's iceblock due to electrical static in her brain - (leaving aside that if there was constant synchronous electrical static in her brain then she'd basically be having an epileptic seizure, this again only implies that she can resist manipulation not psiblasts and with no implication that she can control electromagnetic force. Secondly, Polaris who does have control of electromagnetic force due to her magnetic powers, has been shown to be susceptible to mental control multiple times. Magnus, the son of Magneto and Rogue, more powerful than his father, in Exiles went down easily to a psiblast. Thirdly, a psiblast is not the same as trying to telepathically alter a person's personality, the former is pure attack, the latter requires more tact.

She has a resistance to mental manipulation, due to a combination of the nature of her powers, training from Xavier, and her strength of will. It doesn't prevent her from feeling and going down to a psiblast, as has been shown.

correctrion, you said tp in general, now you say emma frost. you were not talking about just emma frost when i was responding. i am well aaware htat i said those things, but they were refering to emma. emma hasn't done anything impressive that storm couldn't stop in their past two fights. i have already explained countless times what storm has when it comes to tp, a ligthning field and her ability to affect the em fields to scramble incoming tp assualts. when storm and the x-men fought alpha flight, shamman lost control of the storm he made, and storm had to take control. she said the storm was so big she had to tap into the electro-magnetic field to stop it. i am looking for the scan, but it's in the namor VS storm thread. of that's the only instane that you can think of, then you are sadly mistaken. it'z been stated in the x-men comics more than once that she's resistant to tp assualt due to her powers, and her natural ability to manipulate things like electricity and the em fields. no, she has been proven to be resistant to a mond-blast in the past, i believe she did it when she fought emma the second time, after they switched bodies, but i may be mistaken with the wrong issue.

xmarksthespot
I'm sorry but Emma Frost isn't a telepath? She doesn't have telepathic powers. Who the hell else am I going to be talking about she was the only telepath in the thread at the start.

Show me a scan or a link where it depicts her "scrambling" an incoming psiblast with lightning. You've yet to show her manipulating electricity with any great control so really I don't expect much.

There are three instances where Emma Frost has purely attacked Storm with telepathy, the first Storm is knocked out, the second Storm has just come from Emma's body and through no explanation other than she is an altered state of mind from having her body stolen she resists it, the third and most recent a brief psiblast harms her enough to make her unable to access her powers.

stormfront13
I'm sorry but Emma Frost isn't a telepath? She doesn't have telepathic powers. Who the hell else am I going to be talking about she was the only telepath in the thread at the start.

Show me a scan or a link where it depicts her "scrambling" an incoming psiblast with lightning. You've yet to show her manipulating electricity with any great control so really I don't expect much.

There are three instances where Emma Frost has purely attacked Storm with telepathy, the first Storm is knocked out, the second Storm has just come from Emma's body and through no explanation other than she is an altered state of mind from having her body stolen she resists it, the third and most recent a brief psiblast harms her enough to make her unable to access her powers.

there are certain levels of power of a telepath, that's wat I'm refering to. uncannyxmen.net is the quickest place to look in her bio section on spot light it clearly states that she is able to scramble oncoming psionic attacks. i only give you a bio because i don't have the time to go look for the issue i am talking about.

1)storms first time being attacked by a telepath, and is reletavley new to the whole x-men thing

2)she resists it because she was angry, pure will and determination can affect the outcome of a psi-blast

3)she wasn't expecting an attack, and she wasn't affected much. yes, she was obviously affected, but the blast itself wasn't powerful.

Metalmanx
Exactly, SF. That last psi-blast from Emma wasn't even that powerful.

And yet, it made Storm completely useless until she hit the ground hard. Then Emma decided to toy with her instead of actually attacking her. If Emma had used even a slightly more powerful psi-blast, Storm would've been out.

stormfront13
Exactly, SF. That last psi-blast from Emma wasn't even that powerful.

And yet, it made Storm completely useless until she hit the ground hard. Then Emma decided to toy with her instead of actually attacking her. If Emma had used even a slightly more powerful psi-blast, Storm would've been out.

and storm wasn't expecting an attack. the psi-blast wasn't that powerful if storm had recovered right away, even with no protection. we both know that storm could have protected herself just like she has countless times before, that's if she knew she was even in a fight. she didn't klnow there was a fight, and was attacked unexpectedley. also, X it's funny that you use this as an example, even tho9ugh it's excatley like the fight between sue and emma. emma didn't expect an attack and wasn't really fighting, and got taken out. same with storm, except storm turned the tables on emma.

Metalmanx
and storm wasn't expecting an attack. the psi-blast wasn't that powerful if storm had recovered right away, even with no protection. we both know that storm could have protected herself just like she has countless times before, that's if she knew she was even in a fight. she didn't klnow there was a fight, and was attacked unexpectedley. also, X it's funny that you use this as an example, even tho9ugh it's excatley like the fight between sue and emma. emma didn't expect an attack and wasn't really fighting, and got taken out. same with storm, except storm turned the tables on emma.

ONLY BECAUSE EMMA LET UP AND DIDN'T CONTINUE WITH HER MENTAL FREAKIN ASSAULT! GOD.

Emma stopped. She talked for a bit. Then decided to take over Storm's mind instead of attacking it. Since the process is not instantaneous, Storm had a moment of clarity, in which she used to attack Emma with the lighting bolt.

Now, let's start from the beginning, this time changing a few things.

Emma psi-blasts Storm to the ground, lands on her in her diamond form. She then reverts back to human and continues to psi-blast Storm. And she keeps going (probably won't even take long), until Storm's brain is mush and she's a vegetable for the rest of her life.

Whether or not Storm was prepared, a small, not-very-powerful psi blast took her out of the sky and out of commission for a few seconds. She was unable to do anything after that not-very-powerful psi blast.

Man, I'd hate to see what would've happend to Storm if Emma increased the potency of her attack even just a little bit. Or doubled it. Ouchies.

Tripled? Let's not even go there.

montrail
Storm could just remove every electron partilce in whoever ya'll talking abouts body and kill them. Or since Emma or Psylocke is a telepath and they send of electromagnetic brainwaves, she could just draw that energy lke she does all the time and create a storm in the inside of their head or "ionize" the air so their telepthy is weak.

LethalFemme
OMFG my first thread.love

Metalmanx
And I still stick by my very first, original answer. Psylocke wins from the get-go.

LethalFemme
And I still stick by my very first, original answer. Psylocke wins from the get-go.

she's my favoritehappy

psylocke

Metalmanx
she's my favoritehappy

psylocke

One of my favorites as well. Though I prefer the mid-nineties' version the most. The Crimson Dawn, Kwannon-bodied Psylocke. Mmm mmm.

LethalFemme
One of my favorites as well. Though I prefer the mid-nineties' version the most. The Crimson Dawn, Kwannon-bodied Psylocke. Mmm mmm.

My fav I don't like classic(British Body) though.erm

Metalmanx
My fav I don't like classic(British Body) though.erm

Yea, neither do I. wink

LethalFemme
Yea, neither do I. wink

You know until now I never really liked you.embarrasment

jktongue12

meep-meep
Originally posted by Khellendros
In a free-for-all like this, strategy isn't going to matter much. Every person for themselves means the people with the most raw power stand the best chance.

NOt neccesarily. I'd say the guys with less power team up and the tougher ones. If you were in a similar situation wouldn't you and others team up over some you know could just crush you?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by montrail
Storm could just remove every electron partilce in whoever ya'll talking abouts body and kill them. Or since Emma or Psylocke is a telepath and they send of electromagnetic brainwaves, she could just draw that energy lke she does all the time and create a storm in the inside of their head or "ionize" the air so their telepthy is weak.

Not too sure about that but considering the fact that Storm would be taken out by Emma before she can even blink, I don't see that happening.

It should come down to Emma vs Psylocke.

Current Psylocke can be hurt by Emma's diamond nails but I believe Betsy would implode her Diamond Form before Emma gets the chance to do anything.

Psylocke takes this.

montrail
Your serious? She would be taken out by Emma before she can blink?! Do you even realize that Storm has beaten Emma? I have the scan but I cant post because this stupid thing says that I'm not quite known!

ExodusCloak
Your serious? She would be taken out by Emma before she can blink?! Do you even realize that Storm has beaten Emma? I have the scan but I cant post because this stupid thing says that I'm not quite known!

Don't worry I have the comic as well. Think about it in this context, Wolverine is also naturally resistant to telepathy due to his "animal ferocity", however when it comes down to taking him out in an instant Emma can. She shut off his subconscience brain functions. On the other hand if she tried to probe his mind she would have had a much harder time doing it

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/2473/telepathy5ot.jpg

Storm has shown resistance to probing and mind control, having your subconscience brain functions shut off is completely different. If Emma decided to go and shut off Ororo's neurons in that fight then Storm would have been rendered useless. However to further the plot Claremont decided have Emma erode Storms mind slowly instead of shut it off. Giving Storm a chance to try and resist, Storm summons a lightning bolt it strikes Emma and she still stands.(God only knows how she keeps doing that, my explanation is that the Silicon insulates her body)
After that Emma changes to her diamond form and Storm says Diamonds can be chipped because they have pressure points. But according to Emma's bio her Diamond form is perfectly smooth, meaning she doesn't have any pressure points.(Well except for the little flaw on her forehead).

As for the other battles that they fought:
Emma was a villian so she had to lose in those early comics. Their most recent fight took place in Storms comic(Advantage to Storm) if it took place in Astonishing or New X-Men the result would have been much different. As for the result of that fight, it seemed that it ended in a stalemate as Storm never really proved that she had the power to shatter pressure pointless diamond.

Anyway my point is if we remove PIS and CIS and both characters are fighting to their best then Emma will win against Storm 10/10

So anyway it comes down to Emma vs Psylocke.

Current Psylocke would take this, however if this was Classic Psylocke then I believe she would lose as the fight would come to a TP battle and Emma should beat her in a TP battle.

montrail
Nah i don;t think so. Storm would just have to draw all of the electromanetic energy from Emmas brain to vreate more weather phenomena. Ether that or just remove a couple of electrons from her body. Or change her body temperature so she coul easily crack her dimond form or better yet just drop the temperture in a concentrated area therfore causing it to shatter like she did the phanlanx.

montrail
Once, I'm not sure which issue but i've heard it, a=she ionized the air and Xavier had limited telepathy...she could do the same to EMMA.

ExodusCloak
Nah i don;t think so. Storm would just have to draw all of the electromanetic energy from Emmas brain to vreate more weather phenomena. Ether that or just remove a couple of electrons from her body. Or change her body temperature so she coul easily crack her dimond form or better yet just drop the temperture in a concentrated area therfore causing it to shatter like she did the phanlanx.

I'm not seeing Perfectly smooth diamond cracking or shattering under high temperatures. Melted by extremely high temperatures ie a barrage of lighting for 30 seconds yes.

However Storm, even if she had the ability to do those things she wouldn't have the time to implement them.

Check it out.

Bell rings, fight begins:

Emma thinks, everyone but Psylocke is taken out.

Storm has to think and project. She'll be knocked out before she has the chance to do anything.

Metalmanx

You must be a pupil of stormfront13.

Anyway, even IF Storm can do this (which, well, she can't), she couldn't do it fast enough to stop Emma from frying/shutting down her brain.

But you seem pretty set on this, so it seems pretty futile to continue to try and show you the truth.

Psylocke wins.

montrail
READ BOY! Storm has done everything I just staed. And don';t you dare call me a pupil of anyone because YOUR the one whos a pupil of that batman boy. I can tell you don;t read comics. Storm has stood the combined telepthy might of Proffesor, Psylocke, and Orcale. She can stand the power of Emma. And where did you get the idea that she won't get a chance to use her powers before Emma hurts her? You must be crazy.

montrail
I'm trying to find a way to post the scans but it says I cant because I'm not yet know.

Withstand Combined Telepathy - Uncanny X-Men 277
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/658...cresist4jz.jpg

montrail
yay! I can do it now! Sorry for the triple post, it won't happen again.

ExodusCloak
READ BOY! Storm has done everything I just staed. And don';t you dare call me a pupil of anyone because YOUR the one whos a pupil of that batman boy. I can tell you don;t read comics. Storm has stood the combined telepthy might of Proffesor, Psylocke, and Orcale. She can stand the power of Emma. And where did you get the idea that she won't get a chance to use her powers before Emma hurts her? You must be crazy.

As I've explained earlier there is such a thing as Telepathy that can be resisted(Probing and Mind Control) and then there's such a thing as Telepathy that can't (Shutting off a persons brain functions and Psi Frying someones brain)

I'll ask you a question and you have to answer honestly:

Which attack will happen First?

Emma:
1.) Think (Attack Occurs)

Storm
1.) Think
2.) Project (Attack Occurs)

Storm also usually gestures so that could count as Step 3, however I'll ignore that part.

IMO Storms chances end with in a Psi-Blitz(Ooh new word)

BTW The link isn't working for me sad

montrail
WHAT?! All Storm has to do is THINK and her power will happen. They are PSIONIC so she can create weather less than a split second!

Making it Cold - Uncanny X-Men 312
http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/112/realcold0oa.jpg

^Look at that, she could easliy do it to Emma.

Storm Vs Emma - Xtreme X-Men 22
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5...mvsemma5kc.jpg
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/7...vsemma29fr.jpg
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/6...vsemma30tm.jpg

Storm Vs Bogan - Xtreme X-Men 23
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/3...vsbogan7kj.jpg
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2...sbogan20lj.jpg

These are the two telepaths she defeted.

montrail
The link isn't working right now because I'm on a different site with graphics and stuff. But once I leave for today, you will be able to see them.

ExodusCloak
WHAT?! All Storm has to do is THINK and her power will happen. They are PSIONIC so she can create weather less than a split second!

Making it Cold - Uncanny X-Men 312
http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/112/realcold0oa.jpg

^Look at that, she could easliy do it to Emma.

Storm Vs Emma - Xtreme X-Men 22
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5...mvsemma5kc.jpg
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/7...vsemma29fr.jpg
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/6...vsemma30tm.jpg

Storm Vs Bogan - Xtreme X-Men 23
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/3...vsbogan7kj.jpg
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2...sbogan20lj.jpg

These are the two telepaths she defeted.

I'm only able to access your Uncanny X-Men 312 scan and that proves my point. Storm takes four panels to initiate her attack, if you look at the scan I posted you see Emma taking less then half a panel to shut off the brain functions of seven super heroes.
I don't mind posting the scan where Emma gives a whole crowd of people orgasms.(It only takes one panel)
So yes Storm has to think and project.

For the Bogan thing(I have the comic), he tried to possess Storm not shut her mind down. There's a big difference, one can be resisted the other can't.

As for the Storm vs Emma fight(I also have the comic), Claremont makes Emma erode Storms mind instead of shut it down. This is so the plot can be furthered. If we remove PIS and CIS Emma shuts off Storms mind with a Psi-Blitz.

I'll have to wait to respond to your other scans cause Imageshack says they don't exist.

Metalmanx

Is anyone else missing stormfront13 all of a sudden?

And who is this batman boy you speak of? I'm no one's pupil. Especially no one with "Batman" in their name.

Your so called "proof" that Storm can withstand the combined telepathy of Xavier (hah!), Psylocke (hah!), and Oracle isn't showing up. Try posting it again if it's actually worth it.

I get the idea that Emma can take Storm down faster because telepathy, well, is faster than Storm's psionic-weather-based attacks.

Telepathy can't put Storm down?

montrail
well don't cal, me a pupil of anyone if you don't like for it to be called to you. And I don't have that scan, but I do have this one:

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/6580/telepathicresist4jz.jpg

^Why she didn't shock him or anything, I have no idea. Storm is just more powerful than her, deal with it.

ExodusCloak
well don't cal, me a pupil of anyone if you don't like for it to be called to you. And I don't have that scan, but I do have this one:

^Why she didn't shock him or anything, I have no idea. Storm is just more powerful than her, deal with it.

big grin From that scan Banshee is rolling on the ground and is still conscious. The monster is doing what Emma did to Storm in their little battle. He's eroding their minds slowly and even then Storm didn't break free. If he attempted to shut of their minds via their brain functions, everyone but the Telepaths would have been rendered useless.
As stated before certain types of telepathy can be resisted via will power others ie the brain function thing can't.

Emma knocks her out with a thought.(Psi-Blitz anyone?)

Metalmanx

Sorry. I made it one of my personal life philosophies to not believe false information

And to respond to your scan:

We can only take the Skrull's word that she could break free. We don't know for sure because she didn't. In comics, people say a lot of things that aren't necessarily true. She didn't shock him because she couldn't. She was too busy having her brain fried.

Emma is more powerful than Storm. Deal with it.

Metalmanx
I just realized something. Why are we arguing Storm vs. Emma?

Psylocke wins this fight, hands down.

Broly92

I think you are right

ExodusCloak

Cause we all love Emma Frost, silliness aside, Psylocke wins the entire thing. :P

Whoa almost had a heart attack, I thought I posted in the wrong thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.