Palpatine's Risk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpyCspider
We know Palpatine's been working behind the scenes from the start to gain power. He even allowed himself to be kidnapped and revealed he was the Sith Lord to Anakin in ROTS.

Those are very risky moves on his part to influence certain events. How do you think he would've responded if he was caught off guard? What if Dooku had beat Anakin? What if Grievous had actually killed Anakin and Obi-wan when they were captured and brought to the Invisble Hand's deck?

I'm just wondering what you guys think he might do all of a sudden in order to protect himself, and thus negating his secret identity.

PVS
so in other words...you just went and made another "what if" thread messed

Tangible God
What if?

If Dooku beat Anakin then that proves ANakin's not as good as Dooku is he? No need for a better apprentice. And if Dooku became to much, are you really putting it past Palpatine to LET Dooku become too much?

If Grievous beat the Pair, well then...No more Chosen One, and no more General Kenobi. Two VERY famous and rather powerful Jedi are now DEAD.

SpyCspider
Ok, I'll rephrase my question. Under what circumstance do you think Palpatine will stop risking and reveal his identity on the spot?

Dr.Gumby
Originally posted by SpyCspider
Ok, I'll rephrase my question. Under what circumstance do you think Palpatine will stop risking and reveal his identity on the spot?

I think it would take alot to stop him because he seems to be a very very smart character and i beileve if the original anakin plan failed he would easily come up with a new angle to gain his power.

starwarsrules14
confused Another "what if" thread *cries*

SpyCspider
sheesh...all i wanna read bout is what would it take for him to start saying "dont' fck with me..i'm actually Darth Sidious...." (and then proceed to shove lightning up whoever's ass)

nm....guess the answer is when Windu and the other Jedi show up to arrest him.

Captain REX
Jedi dropping in on him before his plan is ready would equal him killing them but not letting it spread. The Jedi would be like 'Ahh! Sith!' but they wouldn't suspect Palpatine. Maul bagged a few Jedi before TPM, or so EU says.

Sorgo
Originally posted by starwarsrules14
confused Another "what if" thread *cries*

sick
Too much of "Billie joe armstrong's" face *cries*

Sorgo
So... What if Dooku killed Anakin instead of holding back, what if the Three Jedi Masters survived longer in Sidious' fight, what if Anakin got eaten in the Geonosis Arena, what if the Seperatists defeated the Republic.... Blah Blah Blah!

Decay
i think mace actually granting him mercy in front of anakin would have skrewed him up. anakin wouldnt turn, hed have to kill both of them, which might be too much even for him.then hed have no deformity to show the senitors. maybe hed let himself get arrested and continue the war a few more years, pull the strings, get out of jail and try the same plan again later. he really put everything on the line then.

Bicnarok
Then he would have acted appropiately to achive his goals. The dark side is arrogant and irratic, he probably thought he was invincible etc .

b-dan
well if that happend wouldnt he just go along and do order 66 and form the empire

starwarsrules14
Originally posted by Sorgo
So... What if Dooku killed Anakin instead of holding back, what if the Three Jedi Masters survived longer in Sidious' fight, what if Anakin got eaten in the Geonosis Arena, what if the Seperatists defeated the Republic.... Blah Blah Blah!

Dooku didn't hold back, Anakin just used the Dark Side without really reallizing it, but that's a whole different subject.

I think I said this in another thread, "Always turning, the future is." Something would have happened and the Empire would have been formed. If not, we wouldn't have the beloved OT.

(( sad Poor BJ))

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.