Zatanna vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LethalFemme
Seemed like an interesting match to me.

Zatanna

VS

Magneto

King_Mungi
"otengam ptos"

LethalFemme
I like your logic laughing out loud

jrodslam
Zee wins. Like King Mungi said.

ImmortalOne
otengam llik

xmarksthespot
Hmm... can Zatanna say that before Magneto does something like reverse her bloodflow.

ImmortalOne
Of course !!

LethalFemme
That's the question but, there has yet to be an answer.

The Ion
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Hmm... can Zatanna say that before Magneto does something like reverse her bloodflow.
She doesn't need to say anything.

ImmortalOne
Shes uberzorz

Avalonofthewind
Mags isnt winning this one.

ImmortalOne
wonk i

sam_drugbringer
Zantana's magic lets her do whatever she wants.

LethalFemme
well almost whatever

sam_drugbringer
Yeha, right.

You know this whole spectre thing is going to end with her saying "yawa og ,ertceps"

LethalFemme
That would be rich

Superherovandal
she couldn't do that. Spectre's just too powerful for that.

Mainstream
"otengam kc*f ffo won hct*b"

manjaro
happy b day mainstream

"gib taf kcoc ni s'otengam htuom WON!!!"

Mainstream
Originally posted by manjaro
happy b day mainstream

"gib taf kcoc ni s'otengam htuom WON!!!"

knaht ouy orb

long pig
Zatanna can not do anything. She has her limits, I've listed things she failed to do a million times.
But this could go either way.

Superherovandal
Neither can Dr. Strange wink

jrodslam
Zatanna may have her limits, but she beats Mags. This is pretty one sided.

long pig
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Neither can Dr. Strange wink
I've been OWNED! embarrasment stick out tongue

Originally posted by jrodslam
Zatanna may have her limits, but she beats Mags. This is pretty one sided.
Not really. It's whoever reacts first, and Magneto, I believe, is meta human in reaction speed, so he probably wins.

One zap and she's dead.

Oh, and does anyone have any proof that Zatanna DOESN'T have to say her spell backwards? Other than an off hand comment about only doing it to concentrait?

To my knowledge, she's never been able to do any real spells without saying them.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by long pig

Oh, and does anyone have any proof that Zatanna DOESN'T have to say her spell backwards? Other than an off hand comment about only doing it to concentrait?

To my knowledge, she's never been able to do any real spells without saying them.

She doesn't have to, the reasons she does it helps her to focus.

http://galileo.spaceports.com/~xsufiru/databank/Zatanna/index.htm

http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=zatanna

ZephroCarnelian
Okay.....

Then why doesn't she just say it FORWARDS instead of backwards to focus...? confused

long pig
Originally posted by King_Mungi
She doesn't have to, the reasons she does it helps her to focus.

http://galileo.spaceports.com/~xsufiru/databank/Zatanna/index.htm

http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=zatanna
Hi, how are ya? Good, good.

Now, I asked for some sort of proof other than a website and/or off hand comments.

To my knowledge, she's never been capable of casting spells without saying it backwards. She's never once did it in the comics.

I don't want a bio written by fans. I've asked this question a million times and everytime, I get that damn website as proof.

Superherovandal
Its the way her father used to.

King_Mungi
Hi, how are ya? Good, good.

Now, I asked for some sort of proof other than a website and/or off hand comments.

To my knowledge, she's never been capable of casting spells without saying it backwards. She's never once did it in the comics.

I don't want a bio written by fans. I've asked this question a million times and everytime, I get that damn website as proof.

Trust me it's true, she says it backwards to help her focus the spell. That's the way her father taught her to use her abilities. I don't have the issue numbers off the top of my head, but it is true.

sam_drugbringer
It is true. She can spellcast without saying it backwards.

jrodslam

She blocked out MM's telepathy, shot eye beams, put up shields, labotomizeed light and teleported. All without saying anything.

Although she regulary speaks, its due to focus better and allow her spells to be more effeciant. It doesnt matter anyways because Magneto isnt faster than a word. Youre giving him too much credit.

sam_drugbringer
Magneto CAN use his abilitys instantly.

Draco69
So can Zatanna. With a thought. As said before saying things is just a gimmick she does to focus and establish her character. Like the Silver Surfer surfing around on a silly board when he doesn't need it.

long pig
Originally posted by jrodslam
She blocked out MM's telepathy, shot eye beams, put up shields, labotomizeed light and teleported. All without saying anything.

Although she regulary speaks, its due to focus better and allow her spells to be more effeciant. It doesnt matter anyways because Magneto isnt faster than a word. Youre giving him too much credit.
I meant spells. Like the imfamous "Ied!" B.S people always say.

And no, Magneto isn't faster than a word, but electricity is. He controls electricity better than Electro.

Draco69
Magneto needs to think, concentrate and draw energy to attack.

Zatanna only needs to think something obscene like turning his blood to fire or something.

Magneto has never been the better in quick draws...

long pig
And Zatanna has?

Zatanna has to think, concentrate and visualize to pull off anything.

Magneto is faster, more experienced, stronger, smarter and more powerful.

It could go either way if what the fan bio says is true, but it's doubtful that it is.

Draco69
But what sounds more complicated:

Concentrating on wielding the mulititude of electromagnetic energies to throw at his opponent.

Or simply imagining your opponent is a pink bunny?

ZephroCarnelian
Doesn't make any difference whatsoever Draco.

To someone who can't drive, it must seem an effort to drive along.

Yet to me, it's clutch down, gear in, find the bite and off yer go. All in one smooth motion.

When I look at a musician playing a piano, it looks terrifyingly difficult and complicated.

If they've had practice, it's natural.

------------------------

To both of these characters, their abilities come naturally and with little thought. smile

jrodslam
Although Zatanna has to concentrate and think to pull off spells, she does them with hardly any effort at all. Its all fluent. You make it seem as if she bursts a vien just to say Ezeerf!

long pig
Depends on how much experience you have at it.

It's natural for Magneto to do it, hell, he has done it on reflex.

Zatanna on the other hand, is a 20ish year old broad who has to: Stop, Think, Visualize, Execute and pray she doesn't get knocked off track in the process.

Slade took her out by running up on her from 15 feet away. Magneto can let out electricity that moves a few thousand feet per second.

Draco69
You're referring to Identity Crisis? Horrible PIS-induced DS punking GL Identity Crisis? What the f**k?

And no. Zatanna has been training with her father since she was an infant. Add centuries in magical realms with Conastine and Kalken, and she's anything but inexperienced with her magic. She's very adept at using it.

illadelph12
I'm actually leaning more towards Magneto. At the word go she has to conjure a spell while he just has to shift the polarity of already present atoms and electrify her. That split second is the difference between life and death it seems from people's posts in this thread. Magic can do things Magneto can't, but I think he'd strike first.

Also, Magneto thinks very quickly. He's assembled complex machinery with his mind and powers in mere seconds before (if I wasn't at work and I had access to a scanner I'd prove it). He's not Superman or Data from Star Trek by any means, but he's far from a High School sophmore with ADD as well.

I think people put too much into the whole "speed of thought" argument anyway. Not every person thinks or reacts at a speed you can measure and use as a guage. Some people think faster than others just like some people have better memory or reflexes than others. It's not something you can quantify.

But anyway, unless Zatanna's first spell is a spell of protection, I'm siding with Magneto.

One more thing:

That's where experience comes in.

Magneto is far more experienced with his abilities than Zatanna is with hers. Manipulating the EM spectrum comes naturally to him. I don't think it takes him a few seconds to realize a human is susceptible to electricity, lasers, radiation, etc. when he's been using his powers to kill for over 40 years.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Draco69
You're referring to Identity Crisis? Horrible PIS-induced DS punking GL Identity Crisis? What the f**k?

And no. Zatanna has been training with her father since she was an infant. Add centuries in magical realms with Conastine and Kalken, and she's anything but inexperienced with her magic. She's very adept at using it.

Centuries with Constantine?

Why does almost every DC hero have some adventure when they are fighting outside of the time line for centuries and then come back to normal continuity and only like 5 minutes have past on Earth?

jrodslam
Depends on how much experience you have at it.

It's natural for Magneto to do it, hell, he has done it on reflex.

Zatanna on the other hand, is a 20ish year old broad who has to: Stop, Think, Visualize, Execute and pray she doesn't get knocked off track in the process.

Slade took her out by running up on her from 15 feet away. Magneto can let out electricity that moves a few thousand feet per second.

Its just as natural for Zatanna to act on reflex. She doesnt have to stop think and visualize and pray. Its all fluent and pretty instant.

You bring up that CIS when Slade took out the JLA? Good defence.

Superherovandal
its really first of the draw and I would say Zatanna. It would like take about 2 seconds for Magneto's to come into true effect. While as soon as Zanna thinks its over.

jrodslam
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'm actually leaning more towards Magneto. At the word go she has to conjure a spell while he just has to shift the polarity of already present atoms and electrify her. That split second is the difference between life and death it seems from people's posts in this thread. Magic can do things Magneto can't, but I think he'd strike first.

But anyway, unless Zatanna's first spell is a spell of protection, I'm siding with Magneto.

One more thing:

That's where experience comes in.

Magneto is far more experienced with his abilities than Zatanna is with hers. Manipulating the EM spectrum comes naturally to him. I don't think it takes him a few seconds to realize a human is susceptible to electricity, lasers, radiation, etc. when he's been using his powers to kill for over 40 years.

Zatanna's first spell can be a shield, freezing, or teleport spell. It doesnt have to be a projectile. Can Mags shoot beams while inside the ff? I dont think he can. Zatanna can.

Superherovandal
yeah she could just make him lose his powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.