Will Palpatine be guilty if he was trialed by the Senate?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bobafett81
Let's assume during the Mace Windu VS Palpatine scene, Mace Windu agreed to Anakin's request for Palpatine to stand before the Senate and Supreme Courts and go through the impeachment process.

Do you think the Jedi Council will be able to persuade the Senate and Supreme Court and remove Palpatine from office?

DrDoom101
Does the Galactic Senate know that Chancellor Palpatine is a Sith Lord? Do they evn know the Sith exist? If they knew about the Sith and that he was behind the Separatists, they could have arrested him in the scene when he reorganized the Republic inton an empire.

PVS
I AM THE SENATE

darthvader_fan
no sh!t he would be guilty gah ur retarded

close this thread

overlord
He would use mind tricks on everybody and make them feel sad for him! evil face

Bicnarok
Imagine: "Ok mace Ill come quitely" ??

b-dan
he would get out even if he was guilty i think mace would go to finish him off if he was in jail

starwarsrules14
He had the senate wrapped around his finger, all but the small group Padme had rounded up, but that is still the minority. He would have gotten away.

Tangible God
The Senate is in the pocket of Paplatine, do you really think they're gonna believe what Palpatine will call, "False accusation designed by the Jedi, simply to gain power?"

Ganner Rhysode
Exactly. Palpatine would have been found innocent, and even if found guilty, he would have found another way to rise to power.

Besides, he wouldn't have stood trial had Mace agreed, which he wouldn't do, because he knew how dangerous Palpatine was. I imagine it would have gone something like this.

Anakin: It's not the Jedi way! He must stand trial!
Mace: ... Alright. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, you're under arrest. Come quietly.
Palpatine: Alright, I *force lightning again*

Or something to that effect, ala Palpatine not actually going in for trial.

Jack O'Neil
If he was trialled the senate was already very corrupted and I believe Palp wouldn't be guilty.

Tangible God
He would have used his trial as the excuse needed to pin the Jedi as enemies of the Chancellorship, and the Senate, and the Republic...and Democracy for that matter.

terd40
i think if he even could be arrested he would somehow get in contact with the clones and order 66. they would break him out and there would be a galactic civil war for the rest of ever and ever.

tlbauerle
He would have used the trial to his advantage by discrediting the Jedi. After all, they never revealed their knowledge of the SITH to the senate, nor their dimished ability to use the Force. Their case was pretty week.

Unless, I'm wrong and the Senate knew about the Sith running the Seperatist movement.

Lana
There's not a chance that Palpatine would be found guilty. Only very few Senators didn't like what he was doing, remember.

BAILY
Yeah 2000 of them...... it was be civil war in the senate and the Jedi would have to take control of the senate then...

Stratigo
palpatine would hardly be called guilty. Not only this, but he would use this as an excuse the label the Jedi as enemies of the senate. It would almost be the exact same outcome.

chinabing
Mace was right to get him under arrest, but he also should have gone in that room with the 3 jedis, an entire legion of clone troopers, a delegation of court officers, a dozen senators, and quite a few media types. Mace needed a bigger show of force, and the backing of the public.

But Mace was right to use deadly force to subdue Palpatine. Ask ANY cop trying to arrest someone, if that suspect uses deadly force, the officer has the right to use deadly force in return.

Force lightning is deadly force by any definition. Palpatine should have shouted "Police Brutality!"

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by chinabing
But Mace was right to use deadly force to subdue Palpatine. Ask ANY cop trying to arrest someone, if that suspect uses deadly force, the officer has the right to use deadly force in return.

Yup! Straight up!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.