JLA vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LethalFemme
Okay the X-men vs X-men thread I started got me thinking. So who wins out of the JLA and to stop people right in their tracks about Batman having plans on the whole JLA everyone gets 2 weeks prep they have to win by any means necessary, they can use any weapon at their disposal.

Example: Superman can stay in the sun for the 2 weeks if he wants.

Batman

vs

Aquaman

vs

Superman

vs

Flash

vs

Wonder Woman

vs

Plastic Man

vs

Martian Manhunter

vs

GL (Kyle)

jrodslam
It comes down to Kyle, Supes and Wonder Woman.

In the end, Kyle wins. GL is the most powerful member in the JLA. Hal, Kyle, Guy, John. You pick one.

LethalFemme
Thanks for your input I'm sure there will be many people that will say otherwise given the stipulations. wink

spetznaz
Originally posted by jrodslam
It comes down to Kyle, Supes and Wonder Woman.

In the end, Kyle wins. GL is the most powerful member in the JLA. Hal, Kyle, Guy, John. You pick one.

With 2 weeks prep it would come to Superman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern and the Flash.

1) Superman: The dude just spends 2 weeks in the sun.

2) MArtian Manhunter: If he TRULY needs to win he lets go of his pacifist nature again and turns into The Burning. Bad news for anyone near.

3) Green Lantern: Longshot ....he could try to reach out with his ring to the various GLs out there, and Oa, and have them channel all the powers of Oa to him. Why would they do this? They probably wouldn't, but if there is a stipulation whereby this is a truly universe-changing event they might (let's assume that is a possibility). Thus the GL, whatever GL it is, gets powers approaching Ion or Parallax.

4) The Flash: 2 weeks is like an eternity to him. He joins the speedforce (Wally can without getting 'trapped' in speed-death), and not only that but journeys to and fro the time-stream meeting everyone who was ever gifted with the speed-force. From Max Mercury all the way to the many future Flashes and speed-force enable speedsters. And he 'borrows' their speed. 2 weeks is more than enough time for that. Plus he uses the remaining time to fully tap into the speed-force, become its SOLE conduit. He probably wouldn't survive this, but anyone who came across him would also probably be packing shop.

BTW: The numbers 1,2,3 and 4 are NOT rankings. Although I think it would probably be a toss-up between a sun-dipped Superman, a rogue GL, and an insane Flash with a mainline to the SF. MM as The Burning is bad news, and the entire JLA basically fell before him, but in this case (with the other members also juiced up to the gills) the Burning may (or may not) be sufficient.

Then there are honorable mentions, for example:

Aquaman: In 2 weeks he could go on a murderous rampage, each time using his Water Hand as a weapon. The magical waterhand is not supposed to be used thus, since any use of it as a weapon causes something known as The Hunger to arise (a world-consuming evil power). Aquaman could hope that in 2 weeks he would have awakened enough world-destroying magical evil to cause a lot of havoc in the fight (the reason he is not up there is because the evil would probably take out its wrath on him first, thus he might not even make it through the 2-weeks of prep).

WonderWoman: She could possibly try to get assistance from Zeus, and even go to Ares for access to weaponry. Furthermore she could go to the forges that came out with armor similar to that used in the Aegis Entropy Steel armor that mgiht fashion a similar suit for her. She might also strive to get her powers increased. However I wonder if it would be enough. (I've heard of something called the 'GodForce' referred in KMC forums, but I have never personally run across it in any comic. I'm sure it exists, but because I have never personally seen it I cannot quote it ---- just in case it is another 'creation' of some bored KMC member, like that farce on 'Flash Prime' that so many people here fell for. However, if this 'God Force,' or whatever it is called, is legit, then WW can definitely belong in the list above. If someone knows what issues this 'God Force' appeared in I'd appreciate guidance to it .....no Wikipedia sources please. Simply state the issue numbers and I will be able to get it).

Batman: The man has amazing powers of deduction and induction, however at the end of the day he is just a man. He can take out the JLA using planning, but when the JLA is prepared (plus when they are as juiced up as they will be), all his plans are for naught.

Plastic Man: The funny thing is he would probably be one of the few to survive this (and he would definitely be hiding).

LethalFemme
Originally posted by spetznaz
With 2 weeks prep it would come to Superman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern and the Flash.

1) Superman: The dude just spends 2 weeks in the sun.

2) MArtian Manhunter: If he TRULY needs to win he lets go of his pacifist nature again and turns into The Burning. Bad news for anyone near.

3) Green Lantern: Longshot ....he could try to reach out with his ring to the various GLs out there, and Oa, and have them channel all the powers of Oa to him. Why would they do this? They probably wouldn't, but if there is a stipulation whereby this is a truly universe-changing event they might (let's assume that is a possibility). Thus the GL, whatever GL it is, gets powers approaching Ion or Parallax.

4) The Flash: 2 weeks is like an eternity to him. He joins the speedforce (Wally can without getting 'trapped' in speed-death), and not only that but journeys to and fro the time-stream meeting everyone who was ever gifted with the speed-force. From Max Mercury all the way to the many future Flashes and speed-force enable speedsters. And he 'borrows' their speed. 2 weeks is more than enough time for that. Plus he uses the remaining time to fully tap into the speed-force, become its SOLE conduit. He probably wouldn't survive this, but anyone who came across him would also probably be packing shop.

BTW: The numbers 1,2,3 and 4 are NOT rankings. Although I think it would probably be a toss-up between a sun-dipped Superman, a rogue GL, and an insane Flash with a mainline to the SF. MM as The Burning is bad news, and the entire JLA basically fell before him, but in this case (with the other members also juiced up to the gills) the Burning may (or may not) be sufficient.

Then there are honorable mentions, for example:

Aquaman: In 2 weeks he could go on a murderous rampage, each time using his Water Hand as a weapon. The magical waterhand is not supposed to be used thus, since any use of it as a weapon causes something known as The Hunger to arise (a world-consuming evil power). Aquaman could hope that in 2 weeks he would have awakened enough world-destroying magical evil to cause a lot of havoc in the fight (the reason he is not up there is because the evil would probably take out its wrath on him first, thus he might not even make it through the 2-weeks of prep).

WonderWoman: She could possibly try to get assistance from Zeus, and even go to Ares for access to weaponry. Furthermore she could go to the forges that came out with armor similar to that used in the Aegis Entropy Steel armor that mgiht fashion a similar suit for her. She might also strive to get her powers increased. However I wonder if it would be enough. (I've heard of something called the 'GodForce' referred in KMC forums, but I have never personally run across it in any comic. I'm sure it exists, but because I have never personally seen it I cannot quote it ---- just in case it is another 'creation' of some bored KMC member, like that farce on 'Flash Prime' that so many people here fell for. However, if this 'God Force,' or whatever it is called, is legit, then WW can definitely belong in the list above. If someone knows what issues this 'God Force' appeared in I'd appreciate guidance to it .....no Wikipedia sources please. Simply state the issue numbers and I will be able to get it).

Batman: The man has amazing powers of deduction and induction, however at the end of the day he is just a man. He can take out the JLA using planning, but when the JLA is prepared (plus when they are as juiced up as they will be), all his plans are for naught.

Plastic Man: The funny thing is he would probably be one of the few to survive this (and he would definitely be hiding).

If my understanding of the Godwave is correct when using it Diana is channeling the pure power of the presence through her body and is connected to everything and everyone. Also she can't use it for too long unless she becomes insane. So basically if all this is correct she's DCs answer to Marvels Phoenix.

spetznaz
Originally posted by LethalFemme
If my understanding of the Godwave is correct when using it Diana is channeling the pure power of the presence through her body and is connected to everything and everyone. Also she can't use it for too long unless she becomes insane. So basically if all this is correct she's DCs answer to Marvels Phoenix.

That is what I've gathered from the various posts on the issue on KMC, but I've never personally read anything that refers to it. Hence I was wondering what issues the alleged 'God Wave' appeared on.
The reason I am somewhat curious is because some months back some enteprising member came up with a rather hilarious character called 'Flash Prime,' and suddenly everyone started making threads about him and saying how he was uber-fast and all that stuff. It literally took a life of its own (in an extremely funny way I might add), and various members here actually started claiming how they knew he could do this and that.
Yet it was all a lie stemming from one (or was it two) members, yet it had rather knowledgeable members claiming to have seen this Flash Prime character depicted.

This God Wave thing seems to leave the same contrails as the Flash Prime thing.
Now, there is quite possibly a God Force/God Wave/etc etc, but I've never seen it. That doesn't mean it has never been written as such, but I'd simply like to have an issue number. I'd have it checked by the end of the week.

LethalFemme
I've heard she's used it twice but, I've personally only seen it used once. I can't remember the issue but, it did seem very powerful and she had to use it very quickly. I didn't understand the reason for that until latter when people said she'd go insane and drunk off power if she had it too long.

Wickerman
Originally posted by spetznaz
That is what I've gathered from the various posts on the issue on KMC, but I've never personally read anything that refers to it. Hence I was wondering what issues the alleged 'God Wave' appeared on.
The reason I am somewhat curious is because some months back some enteprising member came up with a rather hilarious character called 'Flash Prime,' and suddenly everyone started making threads about him and saying how he was uber-fast and all that stuff. It literally took a life of its own (in an extremely funny way I might add), and various members here actually started claiming how they knew he could do this and that.
Yet it was all a lie stemming from one (or was it two) members, yet it had rather knowledgeable members claiming to have seen this Flash Prime character depicted.

This God Wave thing seems to leave the same contrails as the Flash Prime thing.
Now, there is quite possibly a God Force/God Wave/etc etc, but I've never seen it. That doesn't mean it has never been written as such, but I'd simply like to have an issue number. I'd have it checked by the end of the week.

Godforce = Thor, Godwave = WW. Anyway, i personally haven't seen this Godwave either, but i'm willing to believe it exists.
What i wanted to say is that IIRC Plastic Man stalemated The Burning, so i see no reason why he wouldn't be on the same level as he is. Superman juiced up for two weeks is a nasty thing to behold, but any of the top five GLs with the two weeks of prep having become living OA batteries (Ion, Parallax, etc.) could easily handle him. As for WW, i don't really have any good arguments, but i can't really see her in there at the end of the fight erm

~wickerman~

spetznaz
Originally posted by LethalFemme

You know what I would love to see! The various members of the JLA, as I have depicted them eg sun-dipped Supes who has given up on justice and goodness, The Burning MM, Flash as the sole-conduit of the Speed Force and fully tapping it, any GL as the sole conduit of the power of Oa, Aquaman having used the waterhand for evil and causing The Hunger to emerge and being able to control it, Batman as an extremely evil calculating dude who lives for carnage and mayhem, Plastic Man as a no-joke killer whose sole purpose is to find the most twisted way of destroying a person, and WonderWoman as an insane God-Wave empowered fiend (assuming that the God Wave does indeed exist).

The above (call it the JLA: Joint Legion of Armageddon) would basically go insane and seek to destroy the world. Thus you'd have a sun-dipped Kryptonian, a martian who has given himself totally to The Burning, an Atlantean who has fallen over to the dark magics of The Hunger and uses the waterhand for pure evil, a rogue GreenLantern, the perfect shapeshifter (Plastic Man) who is as evil as they come, a human who is an evil genius and strives for mayhem, a person who is speed personified (basically being able to be like he was in Kingdom Come ....that is one with the Speedforce and therefore EVERYWHERE at the same time), and an Amazon with access to the God Wave and total insanity.

That would be a great read.

ImmortalOne
That GL thats supposed to do that "please support me with your rings" thing.............. wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.