Adam Warlock vs. Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
This battle is in a car-making factory. Who'll win?

leonidas
aw steals his soul. done.

aw threads are silly so long as he has the gem. WITHOUT the gem, it's closer. i might say 50/50.

this iS classic aw, right? isn't current some uberly-cosmic-all-mighty being?

Dr.Crankenstein
Originally posted by DrDoom101
This battle is in a car-making factory. Who'll win? A car making factory? What the f**k?

Smaxxer
Without the gem ? Gladiator.

Adam Warlock
Without the gem, his telekinetic powers and base powers are greatly increased. He easily swatted away the Mjolnir with telekinesis when he was known as Him. He can access cosmic energy and manipulate similar to that of Silver Surfer, although not as adept as Silver Surfer was at it. He even had the upper hand against Thor in that battle until Thor went Warrior Madness and goaded Warlock into a physical fight. Warlock wouldn't usually do something stupid like that, but he was new and thought his powers were up to the challenge of a Warrior Madness Thor.

Without the gem 50/50 could go either way.

With the gem, 7 maybe 8 times out of 10 depending on the confidence of Gladiator.

DrDoom101
alrite fine no gem. christ...

leonidas
geez, don't get mad . . .

Wickerman
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Without the gem, his telekinetic powers and base powers are greatly increased. He easily swatted away the Mjolnir with telekinesis when he was known as Him. He can access cosmic energy and manipulate similar to that of Silver Surfer, although not as adept as Silver Surfer was at it. He even had the upper hand against Thor in that battle until Thor went Warrior Madness and goaded Warlock into a physical fight. Warlock wouldn't usually do something stupid like that, but he was new and thought his powers were up to the challenge of a Warrior Madness Thor.

Without the gem 50/50 could go either way.

With the gem, 7 maybe 8 times out of 10 depending on the confidence of Gladiator.

This could be used to AW's advantage. Gladiator could very well ask AW to remove his gem if he wants a real fight. AW removes his gem, and is matching Gladiator punch for punch or diverting all his energy into durability, not letting anything get through. Based on Gladiator's confidence thing, AW could possibly then gain the upper hand, which would only furtherly make Glads lose confidence, etc. etc.

~wickerman~

DrDoom101
Originally posted by leonidas
geez, don't get mad . . .

im not, its just that i thought it was good thread with the gem. but hell should i know...

leonidas
the gem sucks. it makes it hard to gat a match with warlock. i hate ALL the f'n gems . . . mad

<<Without the gem, his telekinetic powers and base powers are greatly increased. He easily swatted away the Mjolnir with telekinesis when he was known as Him.>>

you keep saying this. proof? thor also damn near KILLED him. is it written somewhere his tk increases, or is this an assumption on your part based on what you've seen?

Adam Warlock
The soul gem sucks lifeforce out of it's user leo. Warlock cannot emit or absorb cosmic energy as he normally would when he has the gem. He cannot use telekinesis when he has the gem, all because he relies on the soul gem to do it for him.

Read Thor 166 and see how powerful Warlock's telekinesis was without it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/thor-166.jpg

Matter manipulation via cosmic energy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/matter.jpg

Flight via thought!(Telekinesis leo):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/mindpower.jpg

Immense Durability smile :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/gblast2.jpg

Powerful nimbus shield:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/awar1.gif

Wickerman
The soul gem sucks lifeforce out of it's user leo. Warlock cannot emit or absorb cosmic energy as he normally would when he has the gem. He cannot use telekinesis when he has the gem, all because he relies on the soul gem to do it for him.

Read Thor 166 and see how powerful Warlock's telekinesis was without it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/thor-166.jpg

Matter manipulation via cosmic energy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/matter.jpg

Flight via thought!(Telekinesis leo):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/mindpower.jpg

Immense Durability smile :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/gblast2.jpg

Powerful nimbus shield:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/awar1.gif

Last one has the gem in it wink

~wickerman~

Adam Warlock
Well... you get the picture.

Wickerman
Well... you get the picture.

I personally don't know about that, and from the few scattered scans i can't really get a powerful opinion. I don't know if his level of tk is as high as Gladiator's, but assuming it is, i see no reason why the scenario i wrote earlier wouldn't work.

~wickerman~

leonidas
so what you're saying is it IS speculation based on what you've seen . . . wink

after that initial battle with thor (where he was almost killed -- so badly affected was he that even in blood and thunder he was STILL afraid to face thor again!) he cocooned HIMself (heheh). isn't it more likely that his power set changed? he is supposed to have 'evolved'. now he flies by harnessing cosmic energy. arguably better than tk. i;m with wickerman -- i'm not at all convinced the gem actually WEAKENED him . . .

kgkg

after that initial battle with thor (where he was almost killed -- so badly affected was he that even in blood and thunder he was STILL afraid to face thor again!) he cocooned HIMself (heheh). isn't it more likely that his power set changed? he is supposed to have 'evolved'. now he flies by harnessing cosmic energy. arguably better than tk. i;m with wickerman -- i'm not at all convinced the gem actually WEAKENED him . . .
Mad thor again? lol damn

you on a roll

Adam wins

long pig
I've come to the conclusion that a small monkey could beat nearly anyone if they knew how to work the power gem/soul gem.

Adam Warlock

Actually he died in that battle with Thor. He spun himself into a cocoon. smile

But since he lives outside of the Chaos and Order, he cannot die unless he himself wills it. smile

Gem weakened his BASE powers leo... But added a whole slew of other powers. So it kinda evens out. And yes his body has evolved and is much more powerful. But his powers do fluctuate because of the gem.

Like I said, Warlock without the gem, he's basically on par with heralds. With it, he's on Thanos's level. Thanos fears and respects Warlock.

Him and Thanos are bridges between skyfather level.

Without gem, 50/50...

With gem, 7 maybe 8 times out of 10.

ImmortalOne
WOW, How about the 100x FTL speed of Glads, he can take Adam before adam realizes it, does AW has some kinda ESP or 6th sense FTL ??

the Darkone
Actually he died in that battle with Thor. He spun himself into a cocoon. smile

But since he lives outside of the Chaos and Order, he cannot die unless he himself wills it. smile

Gem weakened his BASE powers leo... But added a whole slew of other powers. So it kinda evens out. And yes his body has evolved and is much more powerful. But his powers do fluctuate because of the gem.

Like I said, Warlock without the gem, he's basically on par with heralds. With it, he's on Thanos's level. Thanos fears and respects Warlock.

Him and Thanos are bridges between skyfather level.

Without gem, 50/50...

With gem, 7 maybe 8 times out of 10.

I agree with 100%, but adam warlock dosen't really need the soul gem because he is the soul gem, absorbing the powers of the gem over the years.

leonidas
<<But since he lives outside of the Chaos and Order, he cannot die unless he himself wills it.>>

that wasn't initially known when he was made. and again, you're speculating.

and kg, what the hell nonsense are you spouting THIS time? roll? blink

when aw met thor in blood and thunder he was terrified of him -- NOT because he was mad (though that didn't help, i'd guess) but because thor killed him in their first fight.

and what the hell -- aw is absolutely NOT on par with thanos. hercules beat the crap out of him one on one! his karmic blasts weren't doing jack to herc. thanos respects the GEM. it is the gem that has power to hurt thanos. when thor WAS mad, aw was just another casualty like ss and the rest. no better, no worse. thanos appeared FAR more even than aw. at least in that incarnation. it was also the gem that let him beat mephisto, if that's what you're basing this 'bridge' theory on.

f'n gems . . .

Ethereal
adam with the gem is above thanos i think

its thanos cunning and usefullness of his own powers that make him so deadly

Wickerman
Personally i don't know AW so well like i said, but if he doesn't have his Gem, would his TK be strong enough to detect an incoming Gladiator moving FTL?Because TK <> TP. with the soul gem i'm sure he could detect him no problem.

~wickerman~

Adam Warlock
Warlock could amp his strength and possibly trade blow for blow with Gladiator for a short while. His blows could shatter worlds, possibly shake stars... laughing

I'm not lying, the narrator said it here as he fought Count Abyss:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/strength.jpg

Warlock wins!

kgkg
Originally posted by Ethereal
He is not

Thanos amping his power is near Skyfather.

here is what we know.

Mad Thor (with Gem) > SS , Adam(with gem) , Strange , Drax etc

Pip says Silver Surfer > Adam(with gem) ,Strage , Drax

then Thanos ties with Mad thor ( it battle) , narration says that if Thanos can't beat him what chances do we have.

We ( SS , Adam(with gem) , Strange , Drax)

Then when Thanos was battling Odin. ( adam says the true power of Thanos has never been tested etc)

Then Odin says Titan you can draw limitless power ( which thanos does to match that of Odin)

Adam wins most battle because he is a badass tactician, and he is above herald level with the gem

ImmortalOne
Hmm.......... yeah, this makes sense, Adam wins !! But his hair is shit compared to blue Mohawks !!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.