Genetics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McGregorGirl
I have been thinking about this. I really hope Im not repeating a thread. If I am, im sorry.

Now, Leia, you can see much of her mother in. From looks, to personality, to tendancy to begrudgingly fall for a "bad boy".

But what did she get from Anakin...besides a sudden and inexplicable accent when around the empire?

Same with Luke. Plenty of dad in him. Looks, tendancy to whine in his youth, belief of being held back, inability to keep all his appendages in tact...

But what did he get from Padme?

Dr.Gumby
well i think he got more of heart and a more levelhead from padme because he didnt allow himself to be used as a tool by palpy like anakin did.but other than that i really cant say.

overlord
Originally posted by McGregorGirl
I have been thinking about this. I really hope Im not repeating a thread. If I am, im sorry.

Now, Leia, you can see much of her mother in. From looks, to personality, to tendancy to begrudgingly fall for a "bad boy".

But what did she get from Anakin...besides a sudden and inexplicable accent when around the empire?

Same with Luke. Plenty of dad in him. Looks, tendancy to whine in his youth, belief of being held back, inability to keep all his appendages in tact...

But what did he get from Padme?

You know, not everything can be extremely realistic in movies.. pirate

Darth Subjekt
not only that, but when did Luke ever complain about being held back? If my memory serves me correct, it was him who turned down OB1's initial offer, he's the one who left Yoda before his training was complete. I don't ever recall him saying or even implying he was held back.

Captain REX
Yoda never taught him the Lightning trick. stick out tongue

Morridini
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
not only that, but when did Luke ever complain about being held back? If my memory serves me correct, it was him who turned down OB1's initial offer, he's the one who left Yoda before his training was complete. I don't ever recall him saying or even implying he was held back.

He was complaining about being held back at the start of ANH. All his friends was going to the university and moving from home, but not he. he was being held back by his uncle to work at the farm.

overlord
All these great character simularities are plain coincidence.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Morridini
He was complaining about being held back at the start of ANH. All his friends was going to the university and moving from home, but not he. he was being held back by his uncle to work at the farm.

yea i can see it from that way, but it wasnt the same type of situation. Anakin had what he wanted (being trained as a Jedi) but was being held back from his abilities and wanting more responsibilities...whereas Luke was being more restricted from leaving home by an over-protective uncle. Luke wasnt getting anything he wanted, he wanted to go contribute via the academy, and Anakin DID have what he wanted but wanted more. I may not have said it the way it sounds in my head, (perks of being parent of two) so i dont know if it makes sense, but if needed, ill try to explain better

Lana
Genetics is always something that is never precise, and people don't necessarily have an equal number of traits from each parent. Oftentimes someone will take more after one parent than the other. Like, genetic-wise I take almost nothing from my dad's side of the family, I take after my mom's side of the family.

I'd say the portrayal of how they took after their parents was pretty realistic, actually.

Also remember that Luke was raised in a similar setting to that of Anakin's childhood, and same for Leia and Padme. That also has influence on them.

McGregorGirl
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
yea i can see it from that way, but it wasnt the same type of situation. Anakin had what he wanted (being trained as a Jedi) but was being held back from his abilities and wanting more responsibilities...whereas Luke was being more restricted from leaving home by an over-protective uncle. Luke wasnt getting anything he wanted, he wanted to go contribute via the academy, and Anakin DID have what he wanted but wanted more. I may not have said it the way it sounds in my head, (perks of being parent of two) so i dont know if it makes sense, but if needed, ill try to explain better

I empathize, I have two myself. smile

I didn't say they complained about being held back in the same situations, just that they felt they were being held back. smile

I think of strange things like this when going on 3 hours sleep average..sorry...LOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.