Palpatine kills Padme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

palpy_666
"It seems in your anger, you killed her." -Palpatine to Vader when asked about Padme's status

How was it that Palpatine knew of Padme's death so quickly? Her death and the scene above happen simultaneously. One answer I could think of is that Palpatine killed Padme with the Force over a distance. Remember, the medical droid stated that they were losing Padme for unknown reasons. The unknown reason could've been Palpatine's Force power.

And when thinking about this, it somewhat makes sense. We all know that anger is a big part of a Sith Lord's strength... so, in order to infuriated Vader even more, Palpatine could've caused death to fall over Padme, thus making Vader even more powerful. Palpatine knew that all Anakin wanted out of the Dark Side was to save his wife. And so to create that sort of irony for Vader would've been the perfect ingenius plan.

ESB- 1138
Then why didn't Palpatine do that to Yoda or Obi-Wan? Padme lost the will to live and that's what killed her. Palp. is the Emperor and he has spies everywhere.

palpy_666
Originally posted by ESB- 1138
Then why didn't Palpatine do that to Yoda or Obi-Wan? Padme lost the will to live and that's what killed her. Palp. is the Emperor and he has spies everywhere.

Because Yoda and Obi-Wan are Force users and could more than likely detect any local disturbances in the Force around themselves. They would've been able to deflect any outside attack by some various mean. Added to that, they hid themselves well making it more difficult for Palpatine or Vader to detect their presences.

And also, that's rediculous... Palpatine didn't have spies on Polis Massa.

ESB- 1138
Then Yoda should have sensed that Palp was working on Padme. Palpatine had nothing to do with Padme's death.

palpy_666
Then Yoda should have sensed that Palp was working on Padme. Palpatine had nothing to do with Padme's death.

Yoda never sensed that Palpatine was a Sith Lord, did he? Neither did any of the Jedi. The Dark Side was clouding their vision. Don't you remember?

ESB- 1138
Palp had nothing to do with Padme's death. The fact that Anakin atatcked Padme was enough for her to loose the will to live.

Sir J
sorry to say but u just like palpatine alot to think that up i like palpatine but i stand by wot the film said she lost the will to live

ESB- 1138
Palp has no power to send his force maybe hundreds or thousands of lightyears away.

palpy_666
Originally posted by Sir J
sorry to say but u just like palpatine alot to think that up i like palpatine but i stand by wot the film said she lost the will to live

Wrong. The film doesn't say she lost the will to live, the medical droid does. It is only a droid's opinion and I want a second opinion...

Still, nobody can answer how Palpatine knew so quickly of Padme's death. If you're so smart, answer that.

ESB- 1138
He's the Emperor. And how do you know those 2 scenes happened at the same time?

palpy_666
He's the Emperor. And how do you know those 2 scenes happened at the same time?

The DVD commentary states it. GL says that as soon as Padme gives out her last breath, Vader gives out his first.

JKozzy
Originally posted by palpy_666
Wrong. The film doesn't say she lost the will to live, the medical droid does. It is only a droid's opinion and I want a second opinion...

Still, nobody can answer how Palpatine knew so quickly of Padme's death. If you're so smart, answer that. I'm pretty sure Lucas gives your second opinion in the commentary. Palpatine probably foresaw that she would die, as he planned all the events of the movie, pretty much. Originally posted by ESB- 1138
Palp had nothing to do with Padme's death. The fact that Anakin atatcked Padme was enough for her to loose the will to live.

palpy_666
Originally posted by JKozzy
I'm pretty sure Lucas gives your second opinion in the commentary. Palpatine probably foresaw that she would die, as he planned all the events of the movie, pretty much.

This is a possible theory as to how Palpatine knew so quickly of her death. But it's not in the commentary... Unless I missed that part.

Sir J
he sensed her death through the force anyway its george lucas who decides if palpatine killed her GL would have made it more obvious

palpy_666
Originally posted by Sir J
he sensed her death through the force anyway its george lucas who decides if palpatine killed her GL would have made it more obvious

Would he have made it as obvious as Anakin's conception and the whole story of Plagueis? Would he have made it as obvious as Palpatine's face transformation?

Please note the sarcasm.

Sir J
Would he have made it as obvious as Anakin's conception and the whole story of Plagueis? Would he have made it as obvious as Palpatine's face transformation?

Please note the sarcasm. ok i admit u have a point but he had such a power over anakin that he know that anakin would kill her

ur idea is a possibility though smile

DarkYoda
I admit that the thought crossed my mind that maybe Palpatine had something to do with it. But it's just too weird. Then why doesn't Palpatine kill the children inside her as well?

I think maybe Palpatine was telling the truth... that Anakin did in fact kill her, not intentionally. We know that Anakin was able to access the force in his sleep... hence his dreams. Perhaps he dreamed he killed her and actually caused it to come true? Or perhaps to sustain himself, his anger at Padme somehow sucked the life from her? She does die, right when he is fully revived.

Maybe Anakin does in fact learn the Dark Side trick Palpatine promised him. To influence the mitichlorians to create life (or to save his own) might would have involved destroying the life of another. In his anger he might have done this. And when he realizes that it was not a dream and that to save his own life, he killed her, it was too much for him...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Regardless, it is not clear cut... intentionally by George Lucas because he is an ass hat that cannot give a clear answer on anything.

laughing

JKozzy
Probly 'cause he knows if he does, either way, different sets of fans will uprise against him and scream bloody murder that by saying for sure that, for example, Palps killed Padme, that they ruined their view of the saga and murdered their childhood memories.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by JKozzy
Probly 'cause he knows if he does, either way, different sets of fans will uprise against him and scream bloody murder that by saying for sure that, for example, Palps killed Padme, that they ruined their view of the saga and murdered their childhood memories.

Kind of like how they reacted when they learned Anakin had no father and was turned into a sort of messiah...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

DrDoom101
"It seems in your anger, you killed her." -Palpatine to Vader when asked about Padme's status

How was it that Palpatine knew of Padme's death so quickly? Her death and the scene above happen simultaneously. One answer I could think of is that Palpatine killed Padme with the Force over a distance. Remember, the medical droid stated that they were losing Padme for unknown reasons. The unknown reason could've been Palpatine's Force power.

And when thinking about this, it somewhat makes sense. We all know that anger is a big part of a Sith Lord's strength... so, in order to infuriated Vader even more, Palpatine could've caused death to fall over Padme, thus making Vader even more powerful. Palpatine knew that all Anakin wanted out of the Dark Side was to save his wife. And so to create that sort of irony for Vader would've been the perfect ingenius plan.

Palpatine Force sensed Padme's death much like how ANH Obi-Wan felt the doom of Alderaan.

JKozzy
Originally posted by DarkYoda Originally posted by JKozzy
Kind of like how they reacted when they learned Anakin had no father and was turned into a sort of messiah...

roll eyes (sarcastic) More or less stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Palpatine Force sensed Padme's death much like how ANH Obi-Wan felt the doom of Alderaan.

Exactly, and anything else is silly.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Exactly, and anything else is silly.

You're silly.

stick out tongue

JKozzy
You're all silly! eek!

DarkYoda
Muhahahahahaha!

palpy_666
Originally posted by DrDoom101

Why would Palpatine Force sense Padme's death? How could he? She was just a normal human being... ONE human being. I can understand Obi-Wan feeling a disturbance in the Force over the deaths of billions of people ALL AT ONCE, but one person? That doesn't make sense. This would imply that every Force sensitive person feels a disturbance every time someone in the galaxy dies. That's plain idiotic.

Jack O'Neil
How do you know that Palp wasn't focusing for Padme like Yoda did Anakin in ATOC?

DeVi| D0do
Palpatine knew because he is a Sith. Duh.

Spearhead
Here's a theory on this, taken from Stardestroyer.net

starwarsrules14
Why would Palpatine Force sense Padme's death? How could he? She was just a normal human being... ONE human being. I can understand Obi-Wan feeling a disturbance in the Force over the deaths of billions of people ALL AT ONCE, but one person? That doesn't make sense. This would imply that every Force sensitive person feels a disturbance every time someone in the galaxy dies. That's plain idiotic.

I think he could sense her. The book explains how Anakin somehow became one with Padme while looking across the city towards her apartment, and could sense her as if she was a being in the force, and maybe she was. She states that she does not think she will live that long in the senate, but that is another theory. I don't think Palpatine could have killed her from thousands of lightyears away.

Ganner Rhysode
Okay, Palpy, you're being incredibly stubborn, and I think it's time you accept the fact that you've lost. Every single person in this thread has disagreed with you, and have brought good arguements to you, many of which you just dismiss. Just admit it - you're wrong. Arguing against the whole of the KMC Star Wars forums won't change that.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Spearhead

WOW!!! That was a very good post! Essentially, it was the same thing I was trying to say, but it was much more thought out and the wording was much better.

I actually think I like that explanation more than I do that Padme just died of a broken heart.

yes

thumb up

palpy_666
Originally posted by starwarsrules14
I think he could sense her. The book explains how Anakin somehow became one with Padme while looking across the city towards her apartment, and could sense her as if she was a being in the force, and maybe she was. She states that she does not think she will live that long in the senate, but that is another theory. I don't think Palpatine could have killed her from thousands of lightyears away.

Don't you understand? Anakin and Padme had a special link-- they were husband and wife. Palpatine had no such link to Padme.

Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
Okay, Palpy, you're being incredibly stubborn, and I think it's time you accept the fact that you've lost. Every single person in this thread has disagreed with you, and have brought good arguements to you, many of which you just dismiss. Just admit it - you're wrong. Arguing against the whole of the KMC Star Wars forums won't change that.

You can just go to hell. Don't tell me I'm lost because I have an idea that is quite possible. And yes, I have answered everyone's argument.

Tangible God
Don't you understand? Anakin and Padme had a special link-- they were husband and wife. Palpatine had no such link to Padme.

You can just go to hell. Don't tell me I'm lost because I have an idea that is quite possible. And yes, I have answered everyone's argument. As the Sith Lord who destroyed the Republic, created an Empire, turned the Chosen One into Vader, and masterminded 13 years of disturbance, and could sense that Vader was in danger before he even began surfing on the Lava River...do you really think it's out of Palpatine's league to focus in on someone whom he has spent time around for more than 14 years?

palpy_666
Originally posted by Tangible God
As the Sith Lord who destroyed the Republic, created an Empire, turned the Chosen One into Vader, and masterminded 13 years of disturbance, and could sense that Vader was in danger before he even began surfing on the Lava River...do you really think it's out of Palpatine's league to focus in on someone whom he has spent time around for more than 14 years?

So basically you're telling me that while Vader was being reconstructed, Palpatine was busy sitting there trying to focus in on Padme to see how she's doing?

I don't think so. My theory of Palpatine killing her through the Force makes more sense.

Spearhead
So basically you're telling me that while Vader was being reconstructed, Palpatine was busy sitting there trying to focus in on Padme to see how she's doing?

I don't think so. My theory of Palpatine killing her through the Force makes more sense.

bear in mind, her fate is vitally important to what Anakin becomes; he's not likely to discard such a significant factor.

Jedi Priestess
No I think about 90% of your so called theories are bullshiet. Absolutely every teeny tiny thing doesnt need to be explained in order for it to make sense. Damn, it is what it is.

eek! spearbabe! long time no see

DarkYoda
Well Anakin did ASK Palps how Padme was doing... so it's not inconceivable that he THEN sensed that she had died.

Tangible God

I don't think so. My theory of Palpatine killing her through the Force makes more sense. And why wouldn't Palpatine being doing that? What would you be doing while your apprentice gets Cyborged? Just sitting there watching? Being Palpatine, he wouldn't waste a moment securing Vader's hate, and loyalty. He had been piercing Anakin's dreams, speaking telekinetically to him.

Plus we didn't see Palpatine while Vader was getting fitted out. He could have been searching for Padme the whole time. He knew she was pregnant, knew that Obi-Wan was alive and most likely with them. He could have been pin-pointing anyone present during Padme's death, even Bail, since they were all enemies or potential threats.

Again...do you actually put it past Palpatine to just dismiss Padme--the wife of Anakin-Vader, his apprentice--the same wife whose "death in childbirth future" he had used to corrupt Anakin?

Do you put it past Palpatine's abilites to locate such a person during childbirth who is coping unamiously with Anakin's betrayal?

starwarsrules14
Originally posted by Spearhead

yes I can believe that one.

palpy_666
Originally posted by Tangible God
Do you put it past Palpatine's abilites to locate such a person during childbirth who is coping unamiously with Anakin's betrayal?

No, I don't. If you've read my posts in this thread, you'll see that I support the idea of Palpatine killing Padme over distance through the Force. Of course this would require one to locate someone mentally with the Force.

aj_vader
anakin didnt kill padme, he chokes an imperial officer on the death star in episode 4 - a new hope, and that guys fine with it, he just stops gettin choked and looks up angrily at vader and tarkin.

so anakin didnt kill her, i think someone injected death sticks into her wink

DeVi| D0do
She killed herself. Because she's a selfish b*tch.

aj_vader
lol ure not a fan of padme then?

im not either im an anakin fan.... mmmmmmmmmm anakin :P

overlord

You've got to be kidding me? You can't honestly think that, can you? sick

JenR1215
Who cares who killed her, she was going to die anyways from given birth, deppression or "losing the will to live."

To be honest it was Anakin's mind that killed her, but the boy can't help that he sees into the future.

It doesnt matter on what/who killed her. She was going to die given birth no matter how the end was or how much time it took.

overlord
The question was "how did Sidious know she was dead so quickly" and as an answer it was that Sidious killed her! But then to kill her, he already had to know what the hell was going on and where she was so this killing part makes no sense at all, and I even suspect.... That this guy is owning himself! eek!

And had he sensed her or if he even was able to make contact of whatsoever, he should've known about the children too! And this would raise even more questions.

So we can only conclude that he heard about her death immediately being the emperor and all and she being a politician and all.
What can I say? The word spreads around!

DeVi| D0do
He used the Force. Simple as that. I don't see how that can be so hard to understand...

JenR1215
I think Palp was going to tell Anakin.... well VADER that even if she was dead or not. Bcuz he knew the death of Padme would UTIMATLY make him go to the Dark Side.

If she didnt die, it's not like she would be in any rush to go back to Anakin, lol. She would of probably go back to Naboo, or go to sum other Planet to hide like Yoda, Obi-Wan, and the babies.

PLUS: Palp can READ MINDS so he knew that Anakin was dreaming about her death, so he knew exactly what was going to happen.

darthvader_fan
good thinkin

Lightning_Count
I think Palpatine either guessed she was dead or simply used the force to sense it. After all as people have mentioned, she is not just a normal person, she was wife to Anakin and also someone Palpatine knew for years even before Anakin was in the picture......for f?!k sake, he even tried to get her assasinated! i bet he would be keeping some tabs on her!

Not to mention he is a man and its only natural to get a hard-on for someone as sexy as her......yes he was definately keeping an eye on her!

starwarsrules14
Ok, Palps used the force and sensed Padme's death and death alone...and that is the way George wrote it.

Bicnarok
he probably saw the funeralon TV earlier, Im suprised no one has commented on the force earthquake

shaber
An important part of a "Faustian deal" is despair. Sidious knows that if Vader feels hopeless then his moral decay will quicken.

nano_probex
((Oops, accidental post!))

JenR1215
He already new she was going to die, bcuz when he's trying to get Anakin to join to the Dark Side, he mentions "to save Padme."

He already new what was going to happen.

Captain REX
George and the droid say she died of a broken heart, and it is influenced by some literature work that Georgie read. She lost the will to live, simple as that. No conspiracies, no Sith Lords, nothing.

Palpatine killed her through the Force? Um, why? What motive would he have for doing that? Palpy, he WOULD have to focus on Padme to see how she's doing to do it, anyways. And he would also find out about the twins. He was not trying to kill her.

Palpatine had spies everywhere; it is likely that, since the reconstruction of Vader and Obi-Wan getting to Tatooine and Padme's funeral were all over a longer period of time than what was on screen, he found out about Padme's funeral on Naboo. It would have been something very public to the Galaxy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.