Sentinel Alan Scott VS. Dr. Fate(Hector)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Who takes it?

No prep.

Debate.

sam_drugbringer
Sentinel if he got off his ass and relised he's not human.

The Ion
Sentinel

Hector is still a newb. Kent would win though.

DigiMark007
I've never actually seen Fate do anything worth sneezing about. He's supposed to have all this mystical power, but he's always either getting his ass handed to him or doing relatively non-impressive tasks.

That, and the JSA still considers Alan their "Big Gun" and refer to him as such a few times (I'd cite issues if I could but I don't remember the exact ones).

Juntai
Fate is the one that beat Mordru nearly every time they've battled him. Also, he had a 5 or 6 parter like 2 years ago, where he was smashing shit. Fate's badass.

DigiMark007
K, so he's not completely worthless. But you're also talking to an Alan Scott fanboy...so until Fate does something Alan clearly couldn't do (or punks him one-on-one) my opinion will stay the same. I'm obviously a bit biased too...I'm sure Fate can be a cool guy when he needs to be.

Juntai
Alan scott is pimp sure...
You also gotta remember he's not the embodiment of the starheart anymore. Mordru pulled it out of him, then instead of taking it back into his being, Alan used his will to form it into a ring, and put it back on. So he's back to his original self, depowered. A while ago, he could throw down with ION like it was childs play.. not anymore.

DigiMark007
True true. I was sad to see the return to the ring. But even a "normal" powered GL, combined with Alan's experience and will...and he can still hold his own with pretty much any cosmic. Ion, not so much probably anymore, but still formidable. It would be a good fight. And Alan's always had an aspect of the mystical in him as well from the stuff his lantern and ring are made of (Starheart)...so while Fate's magic might trump a lot of other powers, and possibly even normal GLs, Alan is probably well-suited for facing him.

The Ion
He never fought with Ion. He fought with Kyle who was drawing on the Ion energy. mad

Nabu would beat Alan. Nabu can simulate his ring among other things. He's incredible.

Juntai
Originally posted by The Ion
He never fought with Ion. He fought with Kyle who was drawing on the Ion energy. mad

Nabu would beat Alan. Nabu can simulate his ring among other things. He's incredible. The parallax energy... the antimonitor energy.. it wasn't ION's . . .yet. lol.
It was still very impressive though.
Awesome fight.

Nabu isn't the consideration.

DigiMark007
No arguments Ion, but the fight is with Hector, not Nabu. I realize it's the same power behind it, but something is lost in the translation most of the time. Like Cpt. Marvel and Shazam. Same power, but Shazam would own, say Superman...who could probably beat down Billy if he needed to.

Juntai
Hector as he has been lately isn't quite as formidable.. but when he was listening to Nabu telling him the spells, before they had the ***** fight with eachother, Hector had potential to be the mightiest fate.

The Ion
How would Hector have surpassed Kent? The thing that always put Kent over the edge, at least for me, was his Superman level physical stats.

Juntai
Originally posted by The Ion
How would Hector have surpassed Kent? The thing that always put Kent over the edge, at least for me, was his Superman level physical stats. As a newbie, Hector defeated Mordru multiple times, and even hosts of demons. It's quite feasible that with time, he would have magically been by far the most capable. I'm not saying it as a definate truth, but he had the potential.

ImmortalOne
Kent was bad ass !!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.