Give Sidious his credit!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sorgo
Does anyone else notice how Sidious is extremely under-rated in these Forums?

He was the Puppet Master behind EVERYTHING and he basically owned the entire Galaxy throughout the OT and he was the reason for the PT to exist.

Illustrious
Plot device, Sorgo. No one denied he was a mastermind. It just so happened he also isn't a lightsaber god.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Illustrious
Plot device, Sorgo. No one denied he was a mastermind. It just so happened he also isn't a lightsaber god.

Bah, I find far too many people bash him in this Forum and think that every other SW Character would smash him in a fight. Quite dumb.

Illustrious
Weren't you arguing that Dooku would beat him?

Darth Faunus
Well isn't this new. . . Lol.

But I agree. I don't remember who, but know someone thinks that Obi-Wan or Anakin can outduel him. Pathetic.

The Creator
I am pretty sure that was Nai who said that.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Illustrious
Weren't you arguing that Dooku would beat him?

Yes, but people think that Kenobi or even Plo Koon could defeat him.

THAT is just ridiculous. Plo Koon?!

Ianus
Yeah. Plo Koon is uber leet.

Borbarad
Originally posted by The Creator
I am pretty sure that was Nai who said that.

Let me guess: If complete and utter chaos was lightning, you'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting "All gods are bastards". Right ?

I never said something like that and it's pretty clear that Obi-Wan can't take Sidious since Yoda tells him exactly that in ROTS. The only people in the films that might be able to beat Sidious are Yoda, Mace and Dooku. Period.

The Creator
Actually you tried to say something like Obi-Wan would stalemate Sidious in one of your debates with Darth Somebody.

Borbarad
Originally posted by The Creator
Actually you tried to say something like Obi-Wan would stalemate Sidious in one of your debates with Darth Somebody.

Actually I did not. So can you please stop that ? I know what I'm writing and if I've ever written something like that it was sarcasm.

Ianus
You have to realize that sarcasm via internet is a lost cause on some people.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Ianus
You have to realize that sarcasm via internet is a lost cause on some people.

Well...especially on some people to whom "sarcasm" is merely a seven letter word beginning with S.

Illustrious
I thought it began with a q.

Tangible God
Sidious is kick-mothaf*ckin-ass...

It's just that fact that he switches from Evil, secretive mastermind of all modern day Evil, into some maniacal-laughing baffoon who can't keep his balance.

Escape81
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Well isn't this new. . . Lol.

But I agree. I don't remember who, but know someone thinks that Obi-Wan or Anakin can outduel him. Pathetic.

Someone said that ? Lmao.

Yeah, Sidious deserves more credit than he receives around here. His Force powers and his saber skills are constantly called into question. It does concern me. But his intellect and effectiveness, as Illustrious said before, have not been denied (and that's simply because it would take a really dumb person to accuse Sidious of idiocy).

While he may not be the most capable saber duelist on the planet, he is certainly the most effective Sith Lord we've seen.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Escape81
Someone said that ? Lmao.

Yeah, Sidious deserves more credit than he receives around here. His Force powers and his saber skills are constantly called into question. It does concern me. But his intellect and effectiveness, as Illustrious said before, have not been denied (and that's simply because it would take a really dumb person to accuse Sidious of idiocy).

While he may not be the most capable saber duelist on the planet, he is certainly the most effective Sith Lord we've seen.

People think that if Plo Koon, Kenobi and Shaak Ti went to the Office, they would pwn...
laughing

Captain REX
You can't be serious. no expression

Lana
Originally posted by Borbarad
Let me guess: If complete and utter chaos was lightning, you'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting "All gods are bastards". Right ?

I love that book.

Captain REX
What book? confused

Lana
Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett.

Captain REX
Should I read it?

Lana
I think you'd like it, yes.

It's very funny, in a rather dry, sarcastic, cynical sort of way.

Captain REX
Good!

Illustrious
Yeah for dry sarcastic humor. I'm gonna go check it out.

FistOfThe North
I give Sidious his credit where it's due. He's a selfish master manipulator. A snake with charisma. But that doesn't mean I don't like him, He played the entire Senate the Galaxy, the Jedi Order even anni. and maul and Dooku, lol and Plegeus. He's a good bad guy. But a noble bad guy nah. Was he smart, hm..I think using lies/deception effectively may be smart, it depends on the situation.

The thing I liked about Palpatine the most was his way of speaking and how sharply and remorselessly he spoke when he did, whenever he was either calm or pissed.

He's cold, and cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.