Marvel vs DC Basketball Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
The court is 100 Basketball courts put together. The ball is 4 feet in diameter and the basket has a 5 inches diameter to accomodate the size of the ball. Flying is not allowed, although leeping vast distances is. There are no fouls on whoever is holding the ball, such as if Hulk is holding the ball, Doomsday can do wtv he wants to him to hurt him and get the ball from him, but if Hulk doesnt have the ball, Doomsday cannot touch him. If someone gets hurt, one of the reserves will come in to replace him. But the reserves come in in order! So say Hulk gets hurt, Thanos, who is reserve #2, cannot come in b4 the Original Abomination, who's reserve #1. Blasting is allowed, but from no more than 100 feet away, so u cant blast someone who's all the way across the field. Also, their allowed to blast with a few exceptions, and since their's no name for it, guys like Thanos, Drax, etc are not allowed to go all out with blasts they must hold back, no huge blasts as well as:

NO GODFORCE!
NO TELEKINESIS/TELEPATHY!
NO OMEGA BEAMS!

ALL CHARACTERS ARE IN THEIR MOST CURRENT FORMS UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.

So who wins?

TEAM MARVEL:
Gladiator
Savage Hulk
Classic Juggernaut
Ultimate Thing
Classic Thor
Immortal Hercules
Ionic Wonder Man
Atlas

VS

TEAM DC:
Superman
Solomon Grundy
Doomsday
Mongul
Black Adam
Captain Marvel
Martian Manhunter
Atom Smasher

*MARVEL RESERVES:
1) Original Abomination
2) Thanos
3) Supreme Power Hyperion
4) Ultimate Colossus
5) Current She-Hulk
6) Namor
7) Drax the Destroyer
8) Thorbuster Iron Man

*DC RESERVES:
1) Lobo
2) Darkseid
3) General Zod
4) Major Force
5) Wonder Woman
6) Aquaman
7) Gorilla Grodd
8) Steel in Aegis Armor

The Living Tribunal is watching this. He doesnt side with Marvel. He's not partial. He's only there to instantly fix any damages to the court. If anyone unleashes a blast of the magnitude that it destroys the entire court, LT kicks them out of the game, a reserve comes in for them, and LT then heals everyone who was hurt by the blast back to full health. Also, if anyone disobeys the rules, such as if Darkseid Omega Beams someone, LT will heal that person back and he will kick Darkseid out and put in his reserve.

SO WHO WINS THIS EPIC?

Metalmanx
I think you want the basket to be five FEET in diameter, not five INCHES, heh. It's cool though.

Hm...this is a tough one actually. You made this REALLY evenly matched, in my opinion.

But I just now noticed one thing that will work everytime in Marvel's favor.

Give Classic Juggernaut the ball.

He can just walk/run/jog/whatever to the basket and put it in.

No one on the DC team can stop his forward momentum.

So, with Juggy alone, Marvel will always be able to score.

The defense, however, is another question. You put far too many super-speed people on the DC team.

Hm...again, I dunno who wins this. It may very well be a tie game. Each team can score each time they get the ball. One score after another from each side.

Marvel scores, DC scores.

That's what it'll look like.

Juntai
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I think you want the basket to be five FEET in diameter, not five INCHES, heh. It's cool though.

Hm...this is a tough one actually. You made this REALLY evenly matched, in my opinion.

But I just now noticed one thing that will work everytime in Marvel's favor.

Give Classic Juggernaut the ball.

He can just walk/run/jog/whatever to the basket and put it in.

No one on the DC team can stop his forward momentum.

So, with Juggy alone, Marvel will always be able to score.

The defense, however, is another question. You put far too many super-speed people on the DC team.

Hm...again, I dunno who wins this. It may very well be a tie game. Each team can score each time they get the ball. One score after another from each side.

That's what it'll look like.
Nah, as soon as Juggs goes to dribble, a speedster will take it form him.
DC team by a landslide by pure speed.

ImmortalOne
Currently, Marvel wins.....

You need to replace some of the DC with, Brainiac, Orion, Green Lanterns, CHEETAH !!!

Dizzle
Glads and Thor are plenty fast. The Marvel team gets smart, and kills Thing and Atlas. Then Thanos begins absolutely messing up some kids.

Marvel, because Thanos will likely go through the entire DC as each one picks up the ball.

THough Lobo could be a pain too... Every time he gets the ball, he stands there. Someone tries to hit him, and draws some blood. Each drop becomes another Lobo. The game becomes 50 v 8. And DC does have way more speed...

Ok, fine, DC 7/10.

ImmortalOne
Holy **** I forgot about Lobo !!!

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Dizzle
Glads and Thor are plenty fast. The Marvel team gets smart, and kills Thing and Atlas. Then Thanos begins absolutely messing up some kids.

Marvel, because Thanos will likely go through the entire DC as each one picks up the ball.

THough Lobo could be a pain too... Every time he gets the ball, he stands there. Someone tries to hit him, and draws some blood. Each drop becomes another Lobo. The game becomes 50 v 8. And DC does have way more speed...

Ok, fine, DC 7/10.

Unless of course Marvel just obliterates Lobo so there is no blood.

And to answer a previous statement. Juggy could be guarded by a couple speedsters like Thor and Gladiator so no DC character steals the ball.

Illustrious
How does an 8v8 basketball game even work?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Illustrious
How does an 8v8 basketball game even work?

Very carefully. =P

Illustrious
And I'm assuming you can goaltend. So the only real way to score is if you physically just throw it down. In which case, it'll be a pretty low scoring game.

Juntai
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Unless of course Marvel just obliterates Lobo so there is no blood.

And to answer a previous statement. Juggy could be guarded by a couple speedsters like Thor and Gladiator so no DC character steals the ball. Can't obliterate Lobo. Immune to magic, super healing, cannot die ever, makes other Lobo's,....
Serious Lobo is sickening. He's one of the most unbeatable characters in comics... unless he's fighting Superman.. because anyone fighting Superman pretty much loses. And technically, Superman doesn't BEAT him so much takes him off of the planet and asks him to leave. lol.

JediMasterLuke5
Superman uses superspeed and scores every time. Also he steals the ball every time and then dunks from half court. Super Speed owns.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Superman uses superspeed and scores every time. Also he steals the ball every time and then dunks from half court. Super Speed owns.

Gladiator could stop him everytime. Or Thor if you'd like.

And in answer to someone else: Then one of the Marvel team can just chuck him into space. There. No more Lobo in the fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.