Prophecy is ture! Thanks Uncle George!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mstr GEKA
The prophecy was true...

What do we learn from that??? To get ballance war is needed!!! To get ballance pain is needed!! The ultimate good can only come out of the bad.

THANK YOU GEORGE

Jack O'Neil
The prophecy did come true because Anakin killed the Sith (Sidious)

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Mstr GEKA
Yes I know it did... but was it essential to send the galaxy into yars of darkness under the galactic empire...

What I'm saying is that it seems that balance can not be achieved without pain and war... Who would agree with this in the real world?

starwarsrules14
I have solved many a debate with screaming little brothers diplomatically thank you. Bringing pain and suffering and darkness is not needed all the time.

Ganner Rhysode
Okay, Mstr GEKA, I can tell this is another one of your completely intelligent topics, so I'm going to treat it like I treat all your other topics. The war, the darkness, the dictatorship under Palpatine were not needed. Anakin techinically could have killed Palpatine when he had the chance, and none of the original trilogy would have happened, yes, but Palpatine would have still been defeated.

Point being, the war was not a requirement for the balance to be achieved. In the case of the Star Wars trilogy, the war and darkness did preceed the peace and balance, yes, but they were not required for such balance to be achieved.

Mstr GEKA
Should I agree.... I think I have to...

The prophecy was... The prophecy is... and could not have been any different that the way it finaly unfolded. It is a prophecy

Tangible God
(whispers loudly) Technically the Prophecy wasn't fulfilled, Paplatine hadn't been destroyed, so neither had the Sith.

Ganner Rhysode
Anakin fulfilled the prophecy in Episode VI, by killing Palpatine.

Anyway, in my opinion, prophecies and destiny and such are merely possiblities, predictions. It was predicted that there would be one, the Chosen one, who could bring balance to the Force. In fact, Mace says "You refer to the one who could bring balance to the Force." That means the prophecy could or could not have been achieved, but that were the prophecy to come true, it would have been the Chosen one who accomplished it.

It also doesn't mention how the prophecy would be fulfilled, leaving freedom of choice for how it would be done, in that regard as well, such as Anakin turning to the dark side temporarily.

Ushgarak
Err, yes, the idea that pain and suffering was needed for the Force to be Balanced is... errr... total and utter gibberish nonsense.

Eleonora
Originally posted by Mstr GEKA
What I'm saying is that it seems that balance can not be achieved without pain and war... Who would agree with this in the real world?

I wouldn't. This is a very pro-Bush (just to point out the main current representative sick) position that has always proven itself to be wrong .... even now. We never ever learn. sad

overlord
The prophecy was true...

What do we learn from that??? To get ballance war is needed!!! To get ballance pain is needed!! The ultimate good can only come out of the bad.

THANK YOU GEORGE

Yay!! War is cool.. youpi

no expression

Sadako of Girth
Should I agree.... I think I have to...

The prophecy was... The prophecy is... and could not have been any different that the way it finaly unfolded. It is a prophecy

Indeed... This is how I have always seen it too.
Prophets deal in whats coming....Not what wont be/could have been coming...

Eleonora
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Indeed... This is how I have always seen it too.
Prophets deal in whats coming....Not what wont be/could have been coming...

Yes but there's always the mystery: what if he had chosen a different way? Prophecies state what has to happen, not how it has to happen. Conlusion: read Greek tragedies pro-Bush people and stop talking s****.

Mstr GEKA
I'm far for being pro-bush... I was being sarcastic!!!
I feel disapointed by how the balance was brought back... (plus imho balance cannot exist with control... Jedi can bend the force to their will)

War call for war... Star Wars will never end...

overlord
Hurray!!! PROPHECY IS TURE!!! rock

What a thread.. laughing

Eleonora
I was being sarcastic!!!

Oh we believe you roll eyes (sarcastic)

overlord
laughing He's trying to cover up!

Mstr GEKA
This is were the paranoia kicks in...

Eleonora... better tuned ur senses should be... The Jedi couldn't feel the darkside... you feel it when it's not there!

And if someone else believes that I am proBush I think I will actually feel ofended

overlord
Yeah, but anyway, make sarcastic or funny threads in the OTF.
Because now we took you serious and you still aren't happy.
I don't even see the point of this thread tbh.

Eleonora
This is were the paranoia kicks in...

Yeah, like you making a thread to see what reaction it would get? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Poor poopsie, shall I get you a glass of milk?

exanda kane
I hate it when thse threadsget personal and im not involved dammit!

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Eleonora
Yes but there's always the mystery: what if he had chosen a different way? Prophecies state what has to happen, not how it has to happen.

Well that'll always be a mystery I guess as you say....
But as prophets rely on seeing the future, they could only see the outcome as it actually happened....

Granted though, they weren't too specific were they...?

But then again, From a film making POV, GL would have screwed himself and the audience if in TPM he suddenly allowed Mace and Ki-Adi-Mundi and co. to spill out the entire plot of what happens with Anakin/The emporer/The Jedi/The clone wars/Padme/Luke and Leia etc during eps 2-6 while detailing the full extent of any really detailed prophecy I guess..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.