Venom vs. Black Canary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Next Venom_girl
Discuss.

Next Venom_girl
BUMP!

LethalFemme
Canary wins and hey girl I'm LethalFemme don't be shy to say hi. wink

Next Venom_girl
Hi. smile

LethalFemme
Hi big grin wink

Arahan
Hi Ladies smile

Does Canary know Venoms weakness? It also depends on the
circumstances. A good screaming attack could definetely take out
Venom. But if she is incautious and gives him time to do the first strike
then Eddie wins.

Next Venom_girl
It's a 1st time meeting, neither knows the other's weaknesses or what the other is capable of.

That's pretty much the way I figured it. If she uses the canary cry right away, the fight is over. If he gets in close and attacks right away, the fight is over. If not things get messy...

jinzin
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
It's a 1st time meeting, neither knows the other's weaknesses or what the other is capable of.

That's pretty much the way I figured it. If she uses the canary cry right away, the fight is over. If he gets in close and attacks right away, the fight is over. If not things get messy...

it's not as simple as all that.. she doesn't have the stopping power to put the stomp on the vman... she's going down.. hard..

LethalFemme
Yes she does? She wins if she uses her scream right away.

jinzin
d-did you not just see the pic I posted? that's pure sound..

if venom can willingy walk right through that imagine what current venom would do..

LethalFemme
so basically venom no longer has a weakness and is a bad a**

jinzin
well he's certainly more resilient to his weaknesses that he used to have... (except against sonics)... but he's always been a badass stick out tongue

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by jinzin
it's not as simple as all that.. she doesn't have the stopping power to put the stomp on the vman... she's going down.. hard..
Hehe, pure sound. No vampire in there, just 100% sound.

I'm making pure sound by typing normally.

jinzin
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Hehe, pure sound. No vampire in there, just 100% sound.

I'm making pure sound by typing normally.

ta ta shting!

you still got it.. lol...

Arahan
owned

jinzin
Originally posted by Arahan
owned

ummm whom?

Next Venom_girl
This is the Eddie Brock Venom (the only REAL Venom as far as I'm concerned) and Black Canary (Dinah, the second Black Canary) has access to the canary cry for the purposes of this fight. As for that pic Jinzin posted of Venom and Shriek he forgot to add the next panel where the symbiote comes off just as he bursts through at her then he get's K.O.ed... So could Dinah take down Eddie? Or would it be the other way around?

Piedmon
Canary generally doesn't use her sonic screech first thing because of the massive collateral damage it can inflict. Since both Dinah and Brock tend to dwell in large cities like New York, Gotham or Seattle, I'll assume this fight takes place in some like urban locale...

In that case, Dinah decides to lead in with some martial arts. Venom snares her with tendrils and one slash to Dinah's pretty face makes sure she doesn't live to regret it. Remember that Venom moves even faster than Spider Man. I doubt a normal human like Dinah could even open her mouth and say "ahhh," before it was too late.

Arahan
Venom faster than Spidey? May be equal but not faster.
And if she is far away from him she can easily use her attack.
Venom is fast but not faster than the speed of sound.

Superherovandal
we should have it so that its not in character OK. Or its not fair. And she is a beast with it. Her very power is like one of his greatest weaknesses.

Piedmon
Originally posted by Superherovandal
we should have it so that its not in character OK. Or its not fair. And she is a beast with it. Her very power is like one of his greatest weaknesses.

That strikes me as silly. The characters' personality is part of who they are, and it will always factor in some way into determining victory.

jinzin
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
This is the Eddie Brock Venom (the only REAL Venom as far as I'm concerned) and Black Canary (Dinah, the second Black Canary) has access to the canary cry for the purposes of this fight. As for that pic Jinzin posted of Venom and Shriek he forgot to add the next panel where the symbiote comes off just as he bursts through at her then he get's K.O.ed... So could Dinah take down Eddie? Or would it be the other way around?

venom was already taxed out from previous fights.. and your preference wasn't stated before...with his current level canary does nothing but get murdered.

Superherovandal
yeah but it versus forums like unless they are already bloodlusted it isn't fair. Venom is like always bloodlusted and is stronger and faster so unless you make BC bloodlusted it isn't very fair.

Piedmon
There's something to be said, I think, for having that edge. A fight is not just about pure ability. You can't break it down into simple math. A character who should be able to defeat anyone on paper might be hindered by cowardice or inexperience, or might freeze up.

In this case, Black Canary's morality, her refusal to endanger surroundings with an area-effect attack of great destructive ability, hinders her when fighting a merciless killer like Venom.

That's the disadvantage of being a good guy. You see it all the time in just about every good vs evil story. If you took that away from Black Canary, it wouldn't be Dinah anymore--just some more ruthless person with Black Canary's powers.

So long as the fight is "Black Canary vs Venom," not, "who has the better powers?" then so will their mentalities, ethics and intelligence play a role. Watering everyone down into bloodthirsty bezerkers removes the characters themselves from the question.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.