Batgirl Cassie Cain vs Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superherovandal
Both at peak of abilities and fight each other with NO PREP. I figure that Cassie would win.

Metalmanx
Now this...this is a freakin great fight right here.

Both are able to predict the others moves very well. Though I would honestly give the VERY SLIGHT edge to Daredevil in this area.

Both their fighting skills are extraordinary. Both are peak human, those peak human male and peak human female respectively (no disrespect to any females, but the the peak human male would be much stronger).

This is a tough one indeed. I dunno just yet. At the moment, I'm VERY GRADUALLY leaning towards DD. I'm like at an 89 degree angle in favor of him currently.

The Ion
Cassie

Superherovandal
I would say that Batgirl's skills and execution outstrip DD's.

Dizzle
I agree, Batgirl 7/10. Her technical martial arts proficiency is definitely better than his. He probably has a slight edge physically, but that's never something to stop Cass. She's also used to fighting blind, but never did have radar senses to help her. Overall, I think it just comes down to raw skill, where Batgirl just has a slight edge.

Superherovandal
Batgirl is undoubtedly a better practitioner and fighter than Daredevil

xmarksthespot
Nice match up. Leaning towards Batgirl, 6 maybe 7 out of 10.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Both at peak of abilities and fight each other with NO PREP. I figure that Cassie would win.

Great fight. Both have advanced sensory abilities (although stemming from different capabilities).

Although at the end of the day I'd give it to Cassie. She knows arts and moves DD couldn't even pronounce.
And also think about what happened when DD fought against that girl (Maya Lopez) who (though deaf) had the ability to replicate any moves she got. She basically copied every one of DD's moves, and every move he did she could immediately replicate. Thus if he jumped from a 4 story building to a jutting ledge she would do the SAME EXACT thing.
Maya Lopez also watched a couple of tapes (the ones on the panels were Bruce Lee, Jet Li, and a couple of pictures of Bulls Eye), and she could replicae them. But most of the time she was basically copying DD's style.
She was beating him, easily, until he discovered she could not hear and thus used that to his advantage (although she also turned the tables on him when she discovered about his enhanced senses .....she basically took out his sense of smell, his sense of hearing etc).

Now, have a look at Cassie.
She has moves that are basically beyond anything DareDevil has.
She can throw (and capture) projectiles in the same vein as Bulls Eye.
Jet Li, Bruce Lee, et al are basically nothing to her since she is in the level of Lady Shiva.
And the time she beat up a room of CIA agents (and was caught on vidcam) their (CIA) analysts said (thought) she was 'superhuman' because her strength was (appeared to be due to her skill) 2.6 times that of a normal human, and her speed 4.6 times.
She was trained to be the perfect assassin by age 8, meaning that at the age she was already nigh perfect (note that Matt Murdock, the child, did not even get blinded until he was a bit older, and he got started in his training when Stick met him ......at a considerably older age than 8).
Furthermore she has the ability to copy moves (like Maya Lopez) simply by looking at them. An example of this was when she was fighting that Shadow Ninja character, and he did a secret Koga ninja move and then Cassie replicated it moments later. The guy was shocked and asked how she knew the move .....at which she answered that he had 'just taught her' the move.
Thus at this point alone she is better versed in combat that DareDevil ......AS IS.

Now add the following:
She can read body movements in a way that allows her to know what a person will do BEFORE they do it.
That is an immense strength on her part.

Consider this: The girl (Maya Lopez) who tore DD a new one had the power to replicate moves simply by looking at them being done.
Cassie has this ability as well, PLUS the ability to know what a person will do BEFORE they do it.
Add to this her far more prodigious training, and to be honest Cassie takes this fight 10/10.

Yes, I said 10/10.
Cassie has sensory abilities that come quite close to DD, even to the extent of feeling bullets being shot at her (without seeing them ....while she can and has dodged bullets, I am talking about the ability to sense them. For example when Cain was hired to kill her, his own daughter - big mistake on the guy who did that - but when he used his sniper rifle she sensed the bullet just moments before it impacted, and moved out of the way even though she hadn't even seen it). The only main advantage DD has is his 'radar sense,' which is largely negated by Cassie's ability to read movement. And Cassie outmatches him in every other thing.

Batgirl wins this 10/10 ......minimum 9.5/10 (and even that is a stretch).

Lucid Lui
Well, Cassie definately doesn't take it 10/10. More like 8, maybe 9. Daredevil could give her a hell of a fight, but she'd come out on top.

long pig
Saying Cassie is peak human is like saying Spiderman is only peak human.

Batgirl is CLEARLY superhuman in many attributes, D.C just doesn't like to name their "batfamily" meta humans.

Batgirl wins around 8-9/10

braz
This would be a great fight, but from what ive seen, id have to give this one to DD...hes got the billy club, the agility, radar sense, n fighting skills ALMOST able to match with Batgirl's.....cuz from what ive heard shes in the top 5 or 6 best martial artists in comic books ever....but DD would somehow with his abilities and his fighting tools( the billy club, which was badass from what i saw in the movie) edge this one..but still, great fight ...both would lose to batman though cool

spetznaz
Originally posted by braz
This would be a great fight, but from what ive seen, id have to give this one to DD...hes got the billy club, the agility, radar sense, n fighting skills ALMOST able to match with Batgirl's.....cuz from what ive heard shes in the top 5 or 6 best martial artists in comic books ever....but DD would somehow with his abilities and his fighting tools( the billy club, which was badass from what i saw in the movie) edge this one..but still, great fight ...both would lose to batman though cool

How will a billy club help against a person who catches shurikens out of the air and dodges bullets at point-blank range? DD might as well be tossing marshmallows.

spetznaz
Originally posted by long pig
Saying Cassie is peak human is like saying Spiderman is only peak human.

Batgirl is CLEARLY superhuman in many attributes, D.C just doesn't like to name their "batfamily" meta humans.

Batgirl wins around 8-9/10

You have a point. Every single member of the Bat Family definitely has feats that make them seem 'suspicious.' Goodness, even Barbara Gordon as Oracle seems to have above normal abilities with computers as well as total memory recall.
And Robin (Tim Drake) is some kid who can jump from building to building using decel lines like it was some sort of game, and can beat up grown men 3 times his size and weight with ease.
Batgirl is some girl who is so 'skilled' she can move at apparently 4 times human speed, and 2 times human strength, and can dodge bullets at point-blank range (and dodge others at long-range when she cannot even see them). Plus she can 'read' body movement and 'predict' what someone will do with a simple look (in many ways it seems like telepathy).
Dick Grayson (NightWing) has jumped higher and further than any human would ever be able to (and recently, after getting his leg messed up in War Games, he did so with a cast on his leg).
And take Batman ....the dude is not only versed in a plethora of martial arts, but he is basically perfect in every single thing. Literally perfect in everything. Peak human strength, intellect levels that are simply out of this world, perfectly honed abilities, perfectly versed in every thing (be it near-dead languages, exotic healing rituals, bio-chemistry, engineering, combat piloting skills, forensics, magical lore, strategy). Name it and Bruce not only knows it but could probably write an encyclopedia on it.
Believe it or not that is not 'normal.'

And think of this. Bruce fights with the JLA, each of the other members having super-powers of some sort (powers that can crush coal into diamonds). Yet we are to believe that a 'normal' human can stand next to beings like WonderWoman and SuperMan, and fight against beings like Mongul and Darkseid?

The bat family may be 'human,' but they are definitely not 'normal human.'
Even for comics.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by spetznaz
How will a billy club help against a person who catches shurikens out of the air and dodges bullets at point-blank range? DD might as well be tossing marshmallows.

Don't you think that marshmallows would distract Batgirl? I mean, if I was in a serious fight, and my opponent threw marshmallows at me, I'd be so stupified that I wouldn't know what to do. Then my opponent would proceed to whoop my ass.

Which is how I see this battle going when DD has marshmallows on hand.

jrodslam
Im leaning more towards Cass. I think this fight would last a long time. Like Bats and Cap, but in the end Batgirl takes it.

Batgirl 6/10. Maybe 7.

long pig
Batgirl is way beyond DD in speed/skill and probably strength.

She's dodged bullets point blank. Easily lifted big men off their feet. And probably above Batman in skill.

She wins easily.

xmarksthespot
Revising to 8/10.

long pig
I HATE YOUR BLUE VEINY PINK TALKING BRAIN!

xmarksthespot
evil face

spetznaz
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Don't you think that marshmallows would distract Batgirl? I mean, if I was in a serious fight, and my opponent threw marshmallows at me, I'd be so stupified that I wouldn't know what to do. Then my opponent would proceed to whoop my ass.

Which is how I see this battle going when DD has marshmallows on hand.

LOL.

You do have a point. If i was in a fight and my opponent started throwing marshmallows at me ....well, I'd turn and run.
Why?
Because:
1) the person is toying with me and is probably the reincarnation of Bruce Lee and Yip man .....put together.
2) the bloke is totally psycho (not psycho as in slightly crazy but psycho as in Silence of the Lambs) and will probably try to bite my earlobes off!
3) the person is a social ward (eg a patient who escaped from a mental institution), and if I was to beat him up the state would probably charge me with 'assaulting' a person who did not have the 'presence of mind' to even tie his shoe-laces let alone defend himself (or extract himself from a dangerous situation). Thus I would become the 'bad guy' and face the full letter of the law in such a case.

Which is why if I was in a fight, and the person pulled a bag of marshmallows and started throwing them at me, I'd run out of there so fast even Speedy Gonzalez wouldn't compare!

AcousticDoc
I think Batgirl would win 6/10. Daredevil will realise soon enough that he can't match cassie in combat skills. I can picture him beating cassie in nonhand to hnad combat by using the terrain or setting up some sort of trap for her. DD's radar and hearing basically allow him to "see" 10 blocks in front of him.

Draco69
Yeah. But Cassie would "see" him planning this stunt. He'll be an open book to him.

And no way in hell is Cain only "peak human". God's sake she can dodge bullets a la Neo at point blank range by just tilting her head...

Superherovandal
she is a beast at martial arts. She's is undoubtedly above Batman. Until I see Batman dodge bullets a pointblank range I won't say otherwise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.