Why can't jedi and siths...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HBK
Why can't Jedi and Sith's fly? Surely they can use the force to push them selves in the air then carry on doing that. Is it possible?

Jack O'Neil
Is it possible?

Have you seen them do it? They can jump using a sudden burst of the force to give them height but to fly would be impossible.

Mr. Jabarus
WHY is it impossible? If Jedi can be WTFPWNAGE, then why can't they fly? Windu kinda flew in Clone War's but then again, clone wars made no ****ing sense.

Jack O'Neil
It may be possible for a Jedi to lift someone else like they did with a rock or something but I don't think they can lift themselves.

Mr. Jabarus
Why not? They can force jump, why can't they force fly?

Ianus
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051113/ap_en_tv/obit_guerrero

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Ianus
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051113/ap_en_tv/obit_guerrero

Ok. confused

Ianus
I figured he'd be interested, since he is HBK.

HBK
Originally posted by Ianus
I figured he'd be interested, since he is HBK.

Thanks, But I already knew. *points to sig*

Se7in
Jedi and Sith can only maintain the Force for limited periods of time. Examples:

- Dooku and even Sidious' use of lightning.
- Obi-Wan and Anakin's Force Push locking.
- Dooku's use of Force Grip.
- The existence of Force Jump.

Flying would be impractical, for by the time they got any real height, they could not sustain the strain any longer, and they would end up falling.

SnakeEyes
That's basically what I think ^

Captain REX
Flying? That's absurd. They would be floating, not flying, at any rate. Do you see Yoda moving anything his size or bigger at high speeds with the Force?

Besides, I don't think they can do that, anyways. They're not super heroes.

SnakeEyes
Exactly. If they could fly, that would be very dumb and I probably wouldn't like Star Wars anymore.

SS_181st_Snow
Them flying would be irrelevent. But one thing is for sure, they can bounce good. Watch Yoda, and when Anakin gets his legs cut off, daamn, he got some bounce time.

Captain REX
roll eyes (sarcastic)

overlord
C'mon, they can at least leap off. As for flying, it would be too power consuming to keep pushing yourself to float. Well, whatever..

jollyjim311
Not for extended periods of time, I would imagine. They can float though, in one spot, or move other people around (like C3P0).

Decay
dooku kind of levitated in an episode of clone wars. only briefly but i havent seen it before or since.

JaehSkywalker
where when and why???

Decay
when he was was going to talk to ventress. he lifted himself off the ground and went through a window and lowered himself in the arena she was in.

JaehSkywalker
aw ok

maifoshis
in the courtship of princess leia luke goes ev in his xwing and simply floats to the ground using the force he even catches prince isolder using the force. i think with extreme mastery of the foce it will be possible to fly but the toll it would take on your body would be dangerous

Tangible God
Chances are, if they're physically strong enough in the Force, they most likely CAN fly.

But you can chalk the lack of flying up to movie-reality. I mean the Jedi were pretty damn good...but they're not Superheros afterall.

terd40
they need sunglasses to fly
cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.