Proteus vs Sentry & Photon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Vastly power Evil Mutants vs Two power beings

armandovalles
Photon and Sentry win this easily. Either one of them alone could take out Proteus. So for example, Sentry can just beat the shit out of Proteus while Photon sits back and watches and laughs as Proteus gets totally overpowered.

golem370
Proteus is one of the strongest and deadliest mutants ever to appear in Marvel Comics. He has strong reality-warping powers, able to practically change the face of the world by will. For example; he can easily turn a standing building into liquid.

Proteus exists in a state of pure psionic energy and hence has no physical powers. When he inhabits a host body he possesses whatever physical strength that body possesses, although his energies rapidly "burn out" the body, weakening him until he can take possession of a new host.

Known superhuman powers: Proteus is a mutant who possesses the vast psionic ability to manipulate and alter reality. Originally Proteus could not use his reality warping powers against another person unless he made visual contact with his victim. However, he apparently did not suffer from this limitation with regard to inanimate objects, since he was able to extend a "reality warp" over much or the entire city of Edinburgh.

Proteus also possesses telepathic abilities. Some of the X-Men have theorized in the past that Proteus merely creates illusions in people's minds that he manipulates reality, but the preponderance of evidence is that Proteus's reality-warping powers are indeed real.

leonheartmm
the problem over here is, just like shaman nate or god cable or scarlet withch or legion proteus is a reality manipulater of the highest order, i would put him above the scarlet witch and legion infact. he was insane, no matter how much power genis or sentry have, the cant really fight something as great as high level reality manipulation. the only real chance they have of winning is if the sentry brings out a void, which is an even more powerful psionic entity potentially than proteus.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
the problem over here is, just like shaman nate or god cable or scarlet withch or legion proteus is a reality manipulater of the highest order, i would put him above the scarlet witch and legion infact. he was insane, no matter how much power genis or sentry have, the cant really fight something as great as high level reality manipulation. the only real chance they have of winning is if the sentry brings out a void, which is an even more powerful psionic entity potentially than proteus.

Rubbish. He never did anything whatsoever to put him above Scarlet Witch. There are quite a few reality warpers who have pulled off feats better than Proteus. Theres Jaspers, Jamie Braddock, Franklin and of course SW.

Depending on which incarnation of Proteus it is all Photon has to do is use his cosmic awareness to find out about Proteus' metal weakness and then its game over.

golem370
I think a mutant with Proteus mental power can trump is cosmic Awareness

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by golem370
I think a mutant with Proteus mental power can trump is cosmic Awareness

What has Proteus' mental power got to do with Photons cosmic awareness? confused

I believe id be right in saying nothing at all. Its not like they'd be having a psychic battle Golem. His cosmic awareness just puts him in synch with the universe and all of its inhabitants. It would allow him to find out Proteus weakness no problem. Then as aforementioned its pretty much game over.

You have two cosmic level fighters versus a mutant. Yeah Proteus was powerful but not on the level you seem to think he is.

leonheartmm
gs u just like disprovin anythin i say dontcha

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
gs u just like disprovin anythin i say dontcha

Thats your misconception Leon , your misunderstanding and from that comes all the bitterness you have towards me. You take this way too personally Leon. If someone posts something incorrect in a thread im interested in then of course i'm going to correct them, just like most other people would do. Its not a personal attack on you so you would be silly to see it that way. What you said here was just opinion and wasnt supported by the comics therefore you left yourself open to correction. Its just how it is.

GalacticStorm
Anyone else? Photon and Sentry all the way!!!

kgkg
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Anyone else? Photon and Sentry all the way!!!
Either Sentry or Photon can beat him alone

golem370
I add Morgan Le Frey.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.