All-Time Favorite Scene from the Saga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Well, what is it? Out of the entire saga, pick just one moment or scene and tell why it was your favorite.

Mine is in Return of the Jedi. When Luke is dragging Vader's body to the shuttle that he takes back to Endor and Vader askes him to remove his helmet. That moment of dialogue that follows (and the unmasking itself) is my favorite scene from the entire saga. It shows Darth Vader's redemption, which is what the Star Wars saga is ultimately about.

SS_181st_Snow
My favorite scene was in Ep 3, when the final part of vader's helmet was put on, and the hissing noise died away, there was silence, then his first breath. I just smile every time I see that. To me, that's the moment Darth Vader is born, not when he's Knighted.

Lana
Vader and Luke's duel in ESB.

Captain REX
Same.

Canadadude
I agree with that

henniestevens
I always liked the scene in ANH in Kenobi's house where he tells luke about the force and the jedi.

starwarsrules14
In ANH when 3PO shut down and quit talking in Obi-Wan's hut, oh sorry. Seriously.....the masking of Vader in ROTS.

lord krondor
When the end credits start rolling.

xyz jedi
Last one in ROTJ

General G
I really liked the Sidious vs Yoda scene, that was really cool. I also liked the Sidious vs Mace scene because I like how Sidious jumps on the chair in the middle and jumps off, I just think it is very cool.

DE Calvin
I like in AOTC, when Mace tells Dooku "I don't think so.", and then how all the Jedi ignite their sabers.

Faroth
ESB duel - The part where Luke's hand gets owned by Vader's saber blade. And then he falls down the pillar, and then the famous dialogue kicks in.

Also the part right after Order 66 was executed. (Purge of the Jedi)

office jesus
Favorite scenes? Hm. The Asteroid Chase from ESB is a favorite of mine. It was one of those on the edge of your seat kind of things. And...I don't really have a favorite scene from the prequels. Well, minus the Obi / Qui-Gon / Maul duel. Other than that? The prequels were kind of stale for me.

JaehSkywalker
lightsaber fights, anything that involves Obi-Wan (prequel) and anything that involves han (sequel)

Mišt
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Well, what is it? Out of the entire saga, pick just one moment or scene and tell why it was your favorite.

Mine is in Return of the Jedi. When Luke is dragging Vader's body to the shuttle that he takes back to Endor and Vader askes him to remove his helmet. That moment of dialogue that follows (and the unmasking itself) is my favorite scene from the entire saga. It shows Darth Vader's redemption, which is what the Star Wars saga is ultimately about.

Hehe I was thinking that one too...

And when Lando flies the MF out of the DS thumb up

Tangible God
Originally posted by Lana
Vader and Luke's duel in ESB. Yup.

DiamondBullets

^ Mos Def.

I think Vader's line "Tell your sister you were right.......you were right about me" carries more weight and seriousness than any of his lines in his robot voice. That brief scene def. had more emotion that any ol' duel.

In TPM, I like the last camera shot at Qui's funeral: It shows Palpatine, Padme, Obi, and Anakin all standing together inline frum a profile view. Palpatine is nearest, and he has a look on his face like he really duzn't wanna be there.

DE Calvin
Originally posted by DE Calvin
I like in AOTC, when Mace tells Dooku "I don't think so.", and then how all the Jedi ignite their sabers.
This signifies to me how strong and pure badass the Jedi are.

Dark Aristokrat
I like the scene where Luke casts down his lightsaber before the Emperor and tells him he's a jedi. That took some serious balls.

J-Unit
The Slaughter In Episode 3,Duel In ESB, Swoop Bike Scene And Slaughter Ep 2, Yavin Battle ANH, Duel In Ep1

bogen
all of everything

willman
i love the bit in episode 2 where ob1 chases jango in the asteroids, i love the noise those seismic charges make.

DarkLordDeagle
My fav scene is the koolest one of all time, the legendary duel between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader in ROTS. evil face

JaehSkywalker
all........................................ add what he said especially ^

Blaxican_Jedi
Both of the seens were the Death Stars explode. When they did I was DIE YOU MUTHA *****!!!11111

Lord Chariol
Cloud City Lightsaber duel. It doesn't get better than that.

Decay
i dont think i could pick just one. vaders first breath in the suit is awesome, i like just before anakin and obi wan go at it how anakin screams and yells and obi wan stands his ground simply telling anakin that hes the one responcible for his problems. it almost personifies the differing attitudes of the jedi and sith, passion and rage vs passive conviction.

vader finally turning on palpatine is more emotional to me than his last words to luke, its where he finally overcomes the dark side and becomes anakin again. anything with palpatines mind games is awesome too. i love that guy.

SnakeEyes
Nice response ^

Better than a lot of the one-word answers on here.

Tangible God
Nice response ^

Better than a lot of the one-word answers on here. Yup.

vpokdekjyafmidp
best scene ever in AOTC, when padme and anakin roll around in the grassy field

Gamblor
Anything involving Old Ben
The Battle of Yavin
The first time you hear the Imperial March at the beginning of ESB
Anything involving Old Yoda
The asteroid chase
"I love you." "I know"
Luke vs Vader in Bespin
Battle of Endor

now for the prequels...

Maul vs Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan
Anakin vs Obi-Wan

Akechi Misuhide
Anakin vs Obi in RoTS.

systemshock2
For some reason the scenes where Qui-Gon is alone with Anakin, such as when he's checking his blood for those midichlorians and they talk about the possible worlds Anakin can visit, or when he lifts Anakin into the pod before the race and warmly teaches him to feel and not think, and to trust the force. It just makes me yearn to think how much different it would've been to have had Qui-Gon be Anakin's mentor.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Decay
i dont think i could pick just one. vaders first breath in the suit is awesome, i like just before anakin and obi wan go at it how anakin screams and yells and obi wan stands his ground simply telling anakin that hes the one responcible for his problems. it almost personifies the differing attitudes of the jedi and sith, passion and rage vs passive conviction.

vader finally turning on palpatine is more emotional to me than his last words to luke, its where he finally overcomes the dark side and becomes anakin again. anything with palpatines mind games is awesome too. i love that guy.

Yeah, I agree with your post wholeheartedly. In Episode one when Palpatine says to Anakin "I shall watch you career with much interest" (not an exact quote, I can't remember it, I'm in Computer Applications class and can't check), that made me smirk. I'll have to go with everyone on saying that the Ep. 5 duel was freaking awesome too.

willman
the scene where Jango and Boba are trying to kill OB1 (in the asteriods) i just love those blue bomb things, they sound so cool.

jollyjim311
I remembered one!!!

Niem Numb saying "Adamudi adamudi ahahaha!!!" when piloting with Lando! I love that scene!

PeteKenobi
ANH- "You're all clear, kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home." As Han and the Falcon clear the way for Luke during the Battle of Yavin.
That scene still raises the hair on the back of my neck.

Nactous
Well, I love the unmasking, and I get goose bumps when when looks from Luke to Palpatine, then back. But I also love the "Sister, so you have a twin sister. Your feelings betray you Luke. Obi-wan was right to hide her from me, now his faliure is complete. If you will not turn, than perhaps she will."

redcaped
Being pulled by the Death Star.

Tarvos
I also like the part in AotC where Shmi dies and Anakin gets all angry and slaughters the Tuskens. That's the first time that evil consumes him to kill.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Tarvos
I also like the part in AotC where Shmi dies and Anakin gets all angry and slaughters the Tuskens. That's the first time that evil consumes him to kill.

Yup, I'm surprised one of my favorite scenes comes from AotC.

SnakeEyes
BUMP

Anyone else?

Vader's death is still my all time favorite scene.

Blue_Hefner
I like the beginning of the Clone Wars in AOTC

greenangel
I like Anakins dark march into the Jedi Temple in ROTS and Luke watching Vader burn in ROTJ~ angel

Archangelysses
The look on Anakin's face as he glances past Padme

The camera shot of Obi Wan standing at the top of the ramp.

just screams "You Bad Boy, You in Big Doo Doo this time"

Rampant ox
Basically every scene with Count Dooku I like. He is the major redeeming factor for the PT movies. Buy my all time fav scene would be when Luke jumps at Vader from under the stairs in ROTJ. The music there is phenomenal and it displays so much emotion. This is basically the last duel Vader will ever be in...

Darth Kreiger
I like when Obi-Wan is talking in his hut to Luke, before Midicloriens (spelling is off, I know) ruined the mystery of the Force. Then a lot of other scenes in the Originals, Acting = great:Writing = Great as opposed to the Prequels, they only had good fight scenes.

overlord
When Mace was thrown out of the window. That was funny.

Antaeus
Duel between Luke, Vader and Sidious in Return of the Jedi

McCusto
Luke vs. Vader in ROTJ, then basically every scene after that.

kamikz
Originally posted by McCusto
Luke vs. Vader in ROTJ, then basically every scene after that.

Archangelysses
ROTJ, where Luke is being electrocuted by Sidious and begging his father for help. Vader looks back and forth for several moments before attacking Sidious.

I like this especially now after the PT have been done, because we know that for 20+ years, Anakin Skywalker has hated himself for the death of his beloved wife. Yet here, Now, lies a part of her, a living breathing memory of Padme that allows Anakin to undo the mistake he made by technically making the same choice.

HE CHOSE TO SAVE THE PERSON HE LOVED. Goes to show that love can be both the most euphoric, motivational and miracle inducing emotion/feeling that we can have, but also the most destructive, crippling and permanent paralysis inducing toxic substance.

LOL

THATS MY RANT FOR TODAY

General G
BUMP

The whole scene in ROTJ where it's Luke, Sidious, and Vader on the Death Star, all of the dialogue is great.

Blue_Hefner
My favorite part is the part where Plo Koon doesnt die.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.