Jedi Temple

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StarWarsManiac
Did anyone notice that in ROTJ during the Celebrations in the end. On Courasant i noticed that the Jedi Temple was still there. It looked like nothing ever happened to it. But didnt Anakin and the Clones destroy it. I wish i had a screenshot.

Is it supposed to be like that

Darth Subjekt
if they had destroyed it, would Ob1 and yoda been able to walk thru it? Nah, they killed everyone and started a little camp fire so they could make smores and tell ghost stories.

StarWarsManiac
oh. but the temple would have been partly damaged. ad in ROTJ it looks like brand new

Mstr GEKA
It has been fixed between ROTS and ANH... Why do you think the Death Star took so long... Workers couldn't be everywhere at the same time!!!

Darth Subjekt
But in ROTJ you only see it for a second, you dont have time to inspect it to see how it really looks. And even in ROTS it just looks trashed on the inside whereas from the outside, all it looks like is its been on fire and smoking.

twinsabers
does anyone have a screenshot?

jollyjim311
The Jedi Temple became one of Palpatines offices, of course they fixed it up.

Dan Skywalker
Didn't Palpatine convert it into a museum dedicated to himself and his reign? sure ive read that somewhere

overlord
Originally posted by Mstr GEKA
It has been fixed between ROTS and ANH... Why do you think the Death Star took so long... Workers couldn't be everywhere at the same time!!!
WOW, how do you know that? eek! You were the one who build them weren't you?

Mstr GEKA
Damn I have been discovered...

Do I sense some antipathy around here... or is it just the will to prove... whatever people need to prove.

Mstr GEKA
Oh I get it... U cannot make dumb "joke" answers nor can u be sarcastic in here...

I shouyld have known better.

ArthasKnight
Dude, lighten up. Good-hearted fun is all it is. I've had my share and I haven't exactly left the boards, have I?

Anyway, my theory is since it's nighttime you really can't see any damage to the temple all that well. Either they did fix it or it's damaged and you just can't tell.

Ganner Rhysode
Originally posted by Dan Skywalker
Didn't Palpatine convert it into a museum dedicated to himself and his reign? sure ive read that somewhere

Yes, this is true. I'm pretty sure you read it in the X-Wing books. He took all the Jedi memorobilia, smashed/ruined it, and chucked it in some back room and then sealed it off. Corran Horn later stumbled upon this room, and learned of his Jedi origins...

maifoshis
the temple is in the comic when luke and mara get married and i think it is some sort of museum dedicated to the empire

b-dan
Originally posted by Dan Skywalker
Didn't Palpatine convert it into a museum dedicated to himself and his reign? sure ive read that somewhere ya ive read that to some were cant put my fingure on it either

ArthasKnight
It's in the X-Wing books, yeah.

bobcrickett
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
Yes, this is true. I'm pretty sure you read it in the X-Wing books. He took all the Jedi memorobilia, smashed/ruined it, and chucked it in some back room and then sealed it off. Corran Horn later stumbled upon this room, and learned of his Jedi origins...

Yup! He thought of destroying it, but Palpy decided to keep it around as to use it as a reminder that no one ****s with him, Vader, or the Empire. Worked well on Coruscant, but not the rest of the Galaxy.

nano_probex
Indeed, this is correct. The Jedi temple was a huge cause of hatred for Palpatine and just having it there, almost 'annoyed' him. So what better way to solve that anger to turn it into joy? He DID change the Jedi Temple into the Empire Museum. But, it did seem to be fixed up a little well.

I'm actually suprised this hasn't been posted earlier. I noticed the temple way before ROTS was released.

Lightning_Count
yeah i noticed a while back too, always thought he would've trashed it since he hated the jedi so much.

Ganner Rhysode
He trashed the Jedi memorobilia within, though, and ruined anything that had to do with the Jedi themselves...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.