Orion vs. Mr. Majestic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Orion

vs.

Mr.Majestic

All out battle.

the Darkone
Nobody wants to pick anybody, what the hell is going.

Draco69
Everyone's tired of your unimaginative, lopsided threads. yes

the Darkone
lopsided, Orion is no cupcake. Orion with the astro force can match majestic strength, durability, both smart and warriors. This battle can last for days, and stop being such cry baby. My god you act likt this shit is real or something, in your feeble mind it probable is. big grin

Draco69
I'm sorry...I'm taking Chinese and Spanish but I'm a little rusty in ghetto....

I'll try....

"Yo, listennnn dawg, you don't feel this...y'all.....I need to watch more Ludicris videos....

Mider
Orion is stronger then Superman aint he and at full power using the astro force i dont think majestic could win but if its not with the astro force then im not sure the mother box can power him up anyway beside this the astro force is not a joke so im going with orion for now.

the Darkone
Orion has proven to be superman's equalor greater, orion can take down majestic I don't think majestic ever felt the power of the astro force at full powered, orion can use the asrto force to increase strength, speed, durability etc like he did against his father in Orion#5.

Mider
doesnt he also have a wardog or something?

Mider
what would also be insane factor is that if Majestic met Orion in his true form he would be an ant compared to him since Darkseid, and Orion are gigantic in there true forms the only reason they come out as normal sized is cause the boom tubes make you the normal size of the beings on the planet it transports you to, to the new gods earth is quite litarally a speck of dust.

the Darkone
Orion regardless can win, Majestic better make a suit that can absorb that damn astro-force. If not he will get his ass killed.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by the Darkone
lopsided, Orion is no cupcake. Orion with the astro force can match majestic strength, durability, both smart and warriors. This battle can last for days, and stop being such cry baby. My god you act likt this shit is real or something, in your feeble mind it probable is. big grin

Swearing and bashing I can tolerate....but misspelled swearing and bashing....well, that just crosses the line. smile

This is probably a decent fight, so I'll leave it.

King KAM
Majestic would win this, Majestic has shown feats that are pre-crisis, and he doesnt have the nice gene, he will look at orion as a threat and cut his head off, orion hasnt been shown to be faster nor stronger, Majestic is Heavyweight champ out of the Super dudes.

the Darkone
Orion with astro-force is to much for majestic, Orion will put a hurting on majestic. This the sam eOrion who beat down his daddy in h2h and Darkseid regardless how he is still more powerful than majestic so do the math. Orion with astro-force could be beyond majestic in abilities if you really look how Orion use the astro-force. Orion 7/10

King KAM
Orion with astro-force is to much for majestic, Orion will put a hurting on majestic. This the sam eOrion who beat down his daddy in h2h and Darkseid regardless how he is still more powerful than majestic so do the math. Orion with astro-force could be beyond majestic in abilities if you really look how Orion use the astro-force. Orion 7/10 does he move planets with ease?

the Darkone
yes he does big grin

the Darkone
Orion has more fighting exiperence and more raw power than Majestic, Majestic hasn't really fought anybody of Orion's calibur. I feel that orion would win in the end. Orion 7/10

guy222
Orion

vs.

Mr.Majestic

All out battle.

mr. majestic

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Swearing and bashing I can tolerate....but misspelled swearing and bashing....well, that just crosses the line. smile

This is probably a decent fight, so I'll leave it.

Not really. no this fight is a curbstomp. Orion will kill Majestic 8/10 AT LEAST.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Swearing and bashing I can tolerate....but misspelled swearing and bashing....well, that just crosses the line. smile laughing

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Not really. no this fight is a curbstomp. Orion will kill Majestic 8/10 AT LEAST.

8/10 is still a decent fight.

TricksterPriest
Really? That's the standard? blink I mean, take out the MB and Orion's godly forcefield, it's a much better fight, but even then I'd give Orion 7/10 at least. I just don't see how Majestic can win if Orion is going all out.

Soljer
Really? That's the standard? blink I mean, take out the MB and Orion's godly forcefield, it's a much better fight, but even then I'd give Orion 7/10 at least. I just don't see how Majestic can win if Orion is going all out.

No, I'm just saying....there are plenty of fights on the forum that go 8/10, or even a full 10/10.

It's not a spite thread unless the original poster has something against one or both characters.

TricksterPriest
Fair enough. thumb up It may not be spite, but it is a bit of a mismatch. Hmm.....idea.

UniOmni

Forum Orion beats him at least 9/10.

Comic Orion is likely stalemated, or wins, but after an extremely hard fight.

mighty adam
Originally posted by Draco69
I'm sorry...I'm taking Chinese and Spanish but I'm a little rusty in ghetto....

I'll try....

"Yo, listennnn dawg, you don't feel this...y'all.....I need to watch more Ludicris videos.... that shit was uncall for dude!!! yeah!!!!!! rock on!!!!!!! go watch your fall out boys.

Roldz
Whats the biggest feat the astro force has done on panel?

Anyhow Orion w/ out astro harness losses to magestic 9/10..
w/ astro harness 7/10, w/ AH and motherbox then 10/10...

Roldz
I meant Orion w/ astro harnessed and motherbox 10/10..

amnesia
whatchu gonna do now prep-man?

AsbestosFlaygon
Orion beats Mr. Majestic?

orly

Mr. Majestic is on par with Superman and Captain Marvel.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Orion beats Mr. Majestic?

orly

Mr. Majestic is on par with Superman and Captain Marvel.

Didn't Orion one-shot Superman while using the harness?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Orion vs. Majestic?

Damn, this is a pretty good fight. Edge to Orion. Just more powerful overall.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow

Superman Confidential.

Desaad

Orion has historically been roughly even with Supes. They've had 4 in continuity now, 5 if you seperate those from Supes confidential. Orion was definitively superior during the Byrne era, IMHO, and did better against a sun amped Supes than the rest of the JLA combined (Wonder Woman, Kyle Rayner and Martian Manhunter included), they stalemated once briefly and mostly off panel in Ostrander's Martian Manhunter run, and then there is the Superman Confidential example where Orion one shotted him with Astro Force in one example, but did get thrown for a loop by Supes via strength and speed earlier.

The Byrne Superman example was the most definitive, though, as Orion casually backhanded Supes away, took his punches while thinking calmly, and actually had to aim around Supes with 'surgical precision' with the Astro Force rather than hit him directly for fear of killing him.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by Desaad
Orion has historically been roughly even with Supes. They've had 4 in continuity now, 5 if you seperate those from Supes confidential. Orion was definitively superior during the Byrne era, IMHO, and did better against a sun amped Supes than the rest of the JLA combined (Wonder Woman, Kyle Rayner and Martian Manhunter included), they stalemated once briefly and mostly off panel in Ostrander's Martian Manhunter run, and then there is the Superman Confidential example where Orion one shotted him with Astro Force in one example, but did get thrown for a loop by Supes via strength and speed earlier.

The Byrne Superman example was the most definitive, though, as Orion casually backhanded Supes away, took his punches while thinking calmly, and actually had to aim around Supes with 'surgical precision' with the Astro Force rather than hit him directly for fear of killing him.

Thanks. So how would you judge Orion's physical characteristics in comparison to Superman's?

Also, I'm sure I've seen you or someone with your name on the CBR forums.

"Id"
Does Majestic get his sword?

BattleMage
Mr. Majestic 8-9/10

Desaad
Thanks. So how would you judge Orion's physical characteristics in comparison to Superman's?

Depends on the showing. He varies significantly. On average I'd put their physical stats about equal, with Superman faster and Orion far more skilled.

I think certain versions of Orion are a good bit stronger -- Simonson's version, for instance, specifically treated a 'class 100 slig' like he was nothing -- but taking into account direct comparisons and guest appearances, they seem pretty equal. And that's pretty astounding, given that guesting in another character's book almost always leads to a poor showing, I think.

'Tis I!

panthergod
Depends on the showing. He varies significantly. On average I'd put their physical stats about equal, with Superman faster and Orion far more skilled.

I think certain versions of Orion are a good bit stronger -- Simonson's version, for instance, specifically treated a 'class 100 slig' like he was nothing -- but taking into account direct comparisons and guest appearances, they seem pretty equal. And that's pretty astounding, given that guesting in another character's book almost always leads to a poor showing, I think.

'Tis I!

Stop bullshitting Astro. Orion has never proved superior to a standard Superman in any way--directly or indirectly-- physically for strength.

Orion dominating a Class 100 character has nothing whatsoever to do with Superman.

But nice try with your dishonest biased nonsense as usual.

Superman is on par with Darkseid, and both of them are clearly stronger than Orion, who makes up with their physical superiority with his savagery and fighting skill.

Desaad
Originally posted by panthergod
Stop bullshitting Astro. Orion has never proved superior to a standard Superman in any way--directly or indirectly-- physically for strength.

Orion dominating a Class 100 character has nothing whatsoever to do with Superman.

But nice try with your dishonest biased nonsense as usual.

Superman is on par with Darkseid, and both of them are clearly stronger than Orion, who makes up with their physical superiority with his savagery and fighting skill.

Haha, still interminably bitter about the embarassment you sufferred on ICT?

Whatever, Jelly. You and I both know that Action 586 made Orion look considerably more impressive than Superman.

And Superman is on par with SOME versions of Darkseid, but certainly not all, and your are quite the proponent of the in continuity explanation for his showing-to-showing discrepancies. So Superman's showings against one version of Darkseid mean nothing.

Prep-Man
Orion. Close call, though.

Warlord
with the sword I bet Majestic could win

panthergod
Haha, still interminably bitter about the embarassment you sufferred on ICT?

Your intensely pondered upon obsessive speculations about me are humorous in their desperation, Astro.

Nothing more.

a--A much weaker, less formidable, Superman than the present at the time as a whole, who not top of that was specifically handicapped mentally .

He's on par with the physical manifestation of Darkseid, period, as Darkseid himself noted. And as Superman proved multiple times. An all-out Superman DOMINATED Darkseid in their last physical fight in Countdown, which is consistent with the near decade-long trend established since OWAW.

Since the in-continuity explanation for his showing to showing discrepancies are basically an in-continuity acknowledgment of the Way all characters, showings vary, but with this dynamic being an implicit function of his nature due to his archetypal nature relative even to the other characters of the DCU-- no one is referring to 'true form' Darkseid, obviously. Darkseid is 'less fictional' than the other DCU characters, that way the rules of the DCU are a function of his nature relative to to DCU denizens even as Batman's various portrayals

But nice try ignoring the fact that Superman is superior to Orion physically on average, and is a consistent physical rival with--if not superior to --Darkseid over the past decade.

Period.

leonidas
well, this is an oldy but it still seems like a good match up. i'll be first to admit that i don't know majestic all that well (most i saw of him was in a bz smurph had where it was proven to me that maj was considerably beyond black bolt when i initially thought that would be a good match up.....) but orion is something different altogether. he's a friggin beast and not many heralds can take him for much more than a slim majority at best imo. i'm more than willing to change my stance though cuz maj seems pretty cool.... so, any new thoughts?

Galan007
Nice bump. thumb up

Anyway, Majestic wins. He's just as strong(if not moreso) than Orion, and much, much faster where battle speed is concerned... And his energy abilities are nothing to shake a stick at either.

I'll post the same question here that I posted in another thread:

Anyone can answer this...

Speed feats for Orion that are on par with perceiving/reacting by the nanosecond, as Majestic has?
Strength feats for Orion that are on par with moving planets effortlessly, as Majestic has?
Energy feats for Orion that are comparable to transmuting the entirety of Jupiter instantly, and creating a duplicate Sun, as Majestic has?
Durability feats for Orion that are on par with tanking an earth-busting+ explosion?

When I see those, I'll believe Orion can hang. Until then, yeah, Majestic would win soundly.

celeyhyga17
Orion can keep up with super speedsters. His on panel fights with Supes prove that. Even a sun amped Supes he's had a tussle with. We also have him fighting and defeating insane Lightray! And we all know Lightray is the definitive speedster of the New Gods! Fighting in character, this is a close matchup. Maj has the speed advantage and maybe even in strength (debatable), but I believe Orion has the energy projection and versatility advantage. This is by no means a stomp.

Galan007
Majestic has used his energy powers to alter the entire atomic makeup of Jupiter, and to create a duplicate Sun-- unless Orion does more than use the AF to fire small offensive blasts, like he does most times, I think they're pretty close in the energy output department. But yeah, the AF's output as a whole > Majestic's.

...But that is all inconsequential if Orion cannot compete with Majestic's battle speed(which, imo, is highly unlikely.)

Furthermore, if Maj gets his Kusar blades, (which he should), then the battle favors him even more.

the Darkone
Orion can amp with the Astro force and he also has mother box and is a good energy manipulator, I believe Orion can split it with Majestic, it's not a stomp for Majestic.

Golgo13
I wonder if Majestic can get through Orion's force fields.

Mindset
He can.

Golgo13
How so?

Mindset
Cutting through it.

Golgo13
What force fields has Majestic cut through on the par of Orion's?

Mindset
Doesn't matter, cuts through Orion's.

Golgo13
I doubt it.

Mindset
I don't.

Golgo13
Don't care. Orion doesn't either.

Mindset
He will when his head is at his feet.

Golgo13
Orion is more powerful and would own him. sneer

Uriel005
Orion has more fighting exiperence and more raw power than Majestic, Majestic hasn't really fought anybody of Orion's calibur. I feel that orion would win in the end. Orion 7/10 all out Majestic brings creation engine blades and laughs at Orion's astroforce. Hell orion could bring omega effect and still do nothing as Majestic slices his head off.

Stoic
Orion can amp with the Astro force and he also has mother box and is a good energy manipulator, I believe Orion can split it with Majestic, it's not a stomp for Majestic.

You do know that Majestros is an ancient being right?

abhilegend
Orion 6/10.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Galan007
Energy feats for Orion that are comparable to transmuting the entirety of Jupiter instantly, and creating a duplicate Sun, as Majestic has?

He didn't actually transmute the chemical composition of Jupiter. He "caused" a transmutation of Jupiter's chemical composition by super heating it with his vision. And I don't think it was instantly. Wasn't he doing his space cheese feats for months on end?

And "creating a duplicate sun" is impressive, but your scan talks about how he sculpted and super heated a massive "star ingot". Then it goes on to say a "diminutive stand-in" for the earth's live giving sun. Like I said impressive, but u left those parts off.

Uriel005
Originally posted by abhilegend
Orion 6/10. if they're going all out and get to bring gear Majestic brings his nifty god blades and laughs off anything orion has to offer. Also if he gets prep time to go all out he does his science based omniscience god mode thingy.

Philosophía
Orion.

Scoobless
Orion 3-4/10

Golgo13
Orion.

Galan007
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He didn't actually transmute the chemical composition of Jupiter. He "caused" a transmutation of Jupiter's chemical composition by super heating it with his vision. And I don't think it was instantly. Wasn't he doing his space cheese feats for months on end? "caused it"=what I said... confused

And "creating a duplicate sun" is impressive, but your scan talks about how he sculpted and super heated a massive "star ingot". Then it goes on to say a "diminutive stand-in" for the earth's live giving sun. Like I said impressive, but u left those parts off. Those parts don't diminish the feat whatsoever, but thanks for posting them, I guess.

---

Anyway, I still have yet to see proof pertaining to how Orion takes this. Speed feats are what I'm most curious to see on his behalf. People popping in and saying "Orion wins" without providing any sort of evidence on his behalf doesn't cut it for me. /shrug

Golgo13
"caused it"=what I said... confused

Those parts don't diminish the feat whatsoever, but thanks for posting them, I guess.

---

Anyway, I still have to see proof pertaining to how Orion takes this. Speed feats are what I'm most curious to see on his behalf. People popping in and saying "Orion wins" without providing any sort of evidence on his behalf doesn't cut it for me. /shrug

Astro Force+Mother Box+master of fighting (Example when he faced Valkyrie)+comparable strength+super speed=Win for me. Majestic has comparable fighting skills and is faster, but the Mother Box will help him, plus his senses.

Mindset

leonidas
"caused it"=what I said... confused

Those parts don't diminish the feat whatsoever, but thanks for posting them, I guess.

---

Anyway, I still have to see proof pertaining to how Orion takes this. Speed feats are what I'm most curious to see on his behalf. People popping in and saying "Orion wins" without providing any sort of evidence on his behalf doesn't cut it for me. /shrug

i'm curious--you're putting a lot of this down to speed. would you also say maj stomps thor for the same reason? or do you think thor handles speed better than orion? the speed angle just always seems like a bit of a slippery slope is all.

Galan007
Originally posted by Golgo13
Astro Force+Mother Box+master of fighting (Example when he faced Valkyrie)+comparable strength+super speed=Win for me. Majestic has comparable fighting skills and is faster, but the Mother Box will help him, plus his senses. Feats of Orion viewing particles as small as dust motes and photons whilst moving at trans-light velocities? Feats of Orion battling on a nanosecond-by-nanosecond basis?

I have no problem with Orion winning, but if he has no battle speed feats that compare with Majestic, HOW is he winning?

Originally posted by leonidas
i'm curious--you're putting a lot of this down to speed. would you also say maj stomps thor for the same reason? or do you think thor handles speed better than orion? the speed angle just always seems like a bit of a slippery slope is all. Speed is the same reason most hold Zoom in such a high regard.

Orion and Majestic are physical peers(with Maj likely having the better strength feats.) Majestic is, from what I've seen, MUCH faster in battle. Majestic has very formidable energy attacks.

If Orion is too slow to defend against Majestic's offense, HOW is he winning?

Golgo13
Feats of Orion viewing particles as small as dust motes and photons whilst moving at trans-light velocities? Feats of Orion battling on a nanosecond-by-nanosecond basis?

I have no problem with Orion winning, but if he has no battle speed feats that compare with Majestic, HOW is he winning?

Orion has super speed of his own, so the gap isn't all that much, seeing as Majestic has never blitzed anyone and cut off their head, from my memory. Spartan has fought Majestic a few times and Majestic never speed blitzed.

So, Orion has chased the Black Racer, used super speed to try and tag Mr. Miracle, blizted Darkseid's elite, caught a bullet behind his back, while blind, fought DARKSEID at super speed (Simonson was picturing DBZ fights when he wrote this), dodged lasers, etc...) Plus there is the Valkyrie instance where she speed blitzed him from nowhere. Orion lost his warrior spirit or something and the Forever People were surprised because they said she wouldn't have gotten 20 ft of him or something. All due to his senses and speed.

Galan007
Orion has super speed of his own, so the gap isn't all that much, seeing as Majestic has never blitzed anyone and cut off their head, from my memory. Spartan has fought Majestic a few times and Majestic never speed blitzed.

So, Orion has chased the Black Racer, used super speed to try and tag Mr. Miracle, blizted Darkseid's elite, caught a bullet behind his back, while blind, fought DARKSEID at super speed (Simonson was picturing DBZ fights when he wrote this), dodged lasers, etc...) Plus there is the Valkyrie instance where she speed blitzed him from nowhere. Orion lost his warrior spirit or something and the Forever People were surprised because they said she wouldn't have gotten 20 ft of him or something. All due to his senses and speed. The speed gap IS that much, until CONFIRMED differently. Majestic HAS used his perception/reaction advantage in battle-- he did so against Spartan, in fact(this is when he perceived and reacted to Spartan's movements by the nanosecond.) And none of the feats you mentioned are very impressive, next to Majestic's confirmed feats.

Listen, I'm not saying the gap between Majestic and Orion is huge by any means, but Majestic would do at least as well as Superman against Orion-- and likely better, given that it is in character for him to use all of the abilities at his disposal against his opponent.

Golgo13
Orion was racing FTL speeds when he was racing with BR, so, IMO it's not that big of a difference, ESPECIALLY when you have the Mother Box helping you to detect danger and enhancing the senses. So, not in my opinion.

Mindset
So he wasn't fighting.

Galan007
Orion was racing FTL speeds when he was racing with BR, so, IMO it's not that big of a difference, ESPECIALLY when you have the Mother Box helping you to detect danger and enhancing the senses. So, not in my opinion. The Black Racer's speed is capped at the speed of light-- this was explicitly stated. Furthermore, that is travel speed, which is vastly different than battle speed. The latter is what I'm looking for here.

So yeah, it is still a pretty big difference.

Golgo13
He was fighting Darkseid hth at super speeds. I don't see Majestic doing as well, IMO.

leonidas
Feats of Orion viewing particles as small as dust motes and photons whilst moving at trans-light velocities? Feats of Orion battling on a nanosecond-by-nanosecond basis?

Speed is the same reason most hold Zoom in such a high regard.

Orion and Majestic are physical peers(with Maj likely having the better strength feats.) Majestic is, from what I've seen, MUCH faster. Majestic has very formidable energy attacks.

If Orion is too slow to defend against Majestic's offense, HOW is he winning?

i get what you're saying, but to me, i guess it would come down to how often maj uses a blitz of the type you're talking about. i don't know him well enough to say. i've been trying to recall a time where orion was flat out overwhelmed by someone's speed and can't really think of one. doesn't mean it hasn't happened though. to me it seems it might go in the same direction as superman/thor. by that i mean there would be a couple fights where speed would prove to be the actual difference maker in the fight, but in general thor could handle or withstand it and other factors would decide the fights. but maybe maj uses his speed more or more effectively than kal does?

Golgo13
i get what you're saying, but to me, i guess it would come down to how often maj uses a blitz of the type you're talking about. i don't know him well enough to say. i've been trying to recall a time where orion was flat out overwhelmed by someone's speed and can't really think of one. doesn't mean it hasn't happened though. to me it seems it might go in the same direction as superman/thor. by that i mean there would be a couple fights where speed would prove to be the actual difference maker in the fight, but in general thor could handle or withstand it and other factors would decide the fights. but maybe maj uses his speed more or more effectively than kal does?

Orion has stalemated Superman before and was never overwhelmed.

Uriel005
Um so anyways Kursar blades can cut superman+ level characters and thats ignoring Majestics Creation Engine Blades which laugh off Mother Box and Astro-Force. Beyond that Majestros is pretty up there in terms of age and fighting experience.

leonidas
Orion has stalemated Superman before and was never overwhelmed.

i know that, but forum fights are different. in a forum battle i think supes COULD overwhelm orion in a couple of fights out of 10 but that most of the fights would come down to more than just speed. in the end it would be about a split imo.

Galan007
i get what you're saying, but to me, i guess it would come down to how often maj uses a blitz of the type you're talking about. i don't know him well enough to say. i've been trying to recall a time where orion was flat out overwhelmed by someone's speed and can't really think of one. doesn't mean it hasn't happened though. to me it seems it might go in the same direction as superman/thor. by that i mean there would be a couple fights where speed would prove to be the actual difference maker in the fight, but in general thor could handle or withstand it and other factors would decide the fights. but maybe maj uses his speed more or more effectively than kal does? Majestic has only had to use his speed advantage a few times in battle-- both were against Spartan, iirc. However, that/those instances were sufficient to show us what he is capable of, given that it was literally spelled out to us how fast he was perceiving/reacting(ie. by the nanosecond.) Like I mentioned earlier, he has also perceived/reacted to particles as small as dust motes and photons whilst moving FTL speeds. That's why I keep asking for battle speed feats on Orion's behalf. If he has none, then how is he defending against a character who actually has them? Just because Orion has battled characters with superspeed, doesn't mean they were moving at superspeed in said battles... Unless it was stated, of course.

And again, if Maj gets the Kusar blades(which ARE standard equipment), Orion's chances at winning plummet even more. With said blades, Maj can cut/block Orion's energy attacks, and/or cut Orion himself in half.

JakeTheBank
Good points on either side.

I think Majestic does have better non-combat feats (ie. moving planets, super speed processing, changing Jupiter's composition, etc), but Orion has the better fights and showings against people with numerous high end feats to their name, namely Superman and Orion.

Mindset
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

I think Majestic does have better non-combat feats (ie. moving planets, super speed processing, changing Jupiter's composition, etc), but Orion has the better fights and showings against people with numerous high end feats to their name, namely Superman and Orion. Beating yourself off isn't much of a feat. ermm

leonidas
Majestic has only had to use his speed advantage a few times in battle-- both were against Spartan, iirc. However, that/those instances were sufficient to show us what he is capable of, given that it was literally spelled out to us how fast he was perceiving/reacting(ie. by the nanosecond.) Like I mentioned earlier, he has also perceived/reacted to particles as small as dust motes and photons whilst moving FTL speeds. That's why I keep asking for battle speed feats on Orion's behalf. If he has none, then how is he defending against a character who actually has them? Just because Orion has battled characters with superspeed, doesn't mean they were moving at superspeed in said battles... Unless it was stated, of course.

And again, if Maj gets the Kusar blades(which ARE standard equipment), Orion's chances at winning plummet even more. With said blades, Maj can cut/block Orion's energy attacks, and/or cut Orion himself in half.

the blades seem like a definite game-changer.

the best battle speed feat i can recall off-hand from orion was this one:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/124477/2406817-af6cad34.jpg

that's a far better speed feat than someone like say thor has imo. but compared to nano-second, i don't think it's very much. imo though the fact that someone has never been overwhelmed by speed should play at least some part in coming to a conclusion. i def think speed would play a factor. i just don't see it being as big a factor as you do. and not as big a factor as these blades of his would be.

leonidas

I think Majestic does have better non-combat feats (ie. moving planets, super speed processing, changing Jupiter's composition, etc), but Orion has the better fights and showings against people with numerous high end feats to their name, namely Superman and Orion.

namely superman and ORION? blink

Galan007
the blades seem like a definite game-changer.

the best battle speed feat i can recall off-hand from orion was this one:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/124477/2406817-af6cad34.jpg

that's a far better speed feat than someone like say thor has imo. but compared to nano-second, i don't think it's very much. imo though the fact that someone has never been overwhelmed by speed should play at least some part in coming to a conclusion. i def think speed would play a factor. i just don't see it being as big a factor as you do. and not as big a factor as these blades of his would be. Yeah, the blades tip the scales much more in his favor, imo, and they are standard gear. Do I think he need's them to win? No. They're just another option for him.

I think speed plays a huge factor when the combatants are near-equals in every other area... It must play a huge factor, imo. How else can we figure out which of them is more powerful overall, if we don't consider such a variable? And I get what you are saying about Orion never being overwhelmed by speed, but again: just because he's fought characters capable of moving fast, doesn't mean they were moving fast... Unless it was stated.

JakeTheBank
namely superman and ORION? blink

Type, lol

Meant to type Darkseid.

leonidas
Yeah, the blades tip the scales much more in his favor, imo, and they are standard gear. Do I think he need's them to win? No. They're just another option for him.

I think speed plays a huge factor when the combatants are near-equals in every other area... It must play a huge factor, imo. How else can we figure out which of them is more powerful overall, if we don't consider such a variable? And I get what you are saying about Orion never being overwhelmed by speed, but again: just because he's fought characters capable of moving fast, doesn't mean they were moving fast... Unless it was stated.

oh i'm not saying don't consider it as i'm pretty sure you know, i just think that it leads to some skewed conclusions if too much emphasis is placed on it. the scan i showed indicates he does have superspeed. we know he has great travel speed and we know he's never been (that i know of) overwhelmed by anyone with superspeed. did they not use it because orion could reply to it? or is it the usual pis? not sure. i just know that the same reasoning could be used to say that superman stomps thor and that is a line of reasoning i'm personally not comfortable following unless there is a specific reason for straying from it (ie--you think thor handles speed better, has better speed feats, etc....) i actually think orion has BETTER speed feats than thor, so to follow your train of thought would lead me to the idea that maj stomps thor even worse than he beats orion. and hell, maybe he DOES, specially with the blades. i just never thought that the case. you're just elevating maj to a level i didn't know he was at thb.

leonidas
Type, lol

Meant to type Darkseid.

ahhhh..... thumb up

Golgo13
I'm just wondering how Majestic would block the Astro Force. Has he done so in the past? On the LEVEL of the Astro Force?

Galan007
oh i'm not saying don't consider it as i'm pretty sure you know, i just think that it leads to some skewed conclusions if too much emphasis is placed on it. the scan i showed indicates he does have superspeed. we know he has great travel speed and we know he's never been (that i know of) overwhelmed by anyone with superspeed. did they not use it because orion could reply to it? or is it the usual pis? not sure. i just know that the same reasoning could be used to say that superman stomps thor and that is a line of reasoning i'm personally not comfortable following unless there is a specific reason for straying from it (ie--you think thor handles speed better, has better speed feats, etc....) i actually think orion has BETTER speed feats than thor, so to follow your train of thought would lead me to the idea that maj stomps thor even worse than he beats orion. and hell, maybe he DOES, specially with the blades. i just never thought that the case. The scan you posted shows an ambiguous level of superspeed + Orion was moving in a straight line. Personally, I would relate that more to travel speed, then I would battle speed.

Speed likely isn't used against Orion in comics purely thanks to PIS(outside of the Flash family, speed is rarely ever used in lengthy battles.) Again, I'm not comfortable with giving Orion uber battle speed feats, just because he's fought characters capable of moving fast.

I think Thor would do better, because he and Bill are rough equals, and I've seen Bill fight Surfer whilst they were both moving FTL(Bill was on top of Skuttlebutt, and Surfer was... Surfing.)

I think that was most of your points?

you're just elevating maj to a level i didn't know he was at thb. By listing things he has done on panel? I definitely wouldn't call that 'elevation'. /shrug

I'm just wondering how Majestic would block the Astro Force. Has he done so in the past? On the LEVEL of the Astro Force? Zealot used one of Majestic's Kusar blades to cut/block Captain Atom's quantum energy blasts-- dunno why Orion's standard AF blasts would fare any better..?

iceman24567
I'm just wondering how Majestic would block the Astro Force. Has he done so in the past? On the LEVEL of the Astro Force? He blocks it with his penor

Golgo13
If Orion's not holding back (he does most of the time), I'm sure the the blast would KO Majestic like it did Superman. With or without the blades.

Mindset
Sounds about right.

Golgo13
Originally posted by iceman24567
He blocks it with his penor

Full capacity AF was able to hurt Starro. I don't see why it can't hurt Majestic.

iceman24567
If Orion's not holding back (he does most of the time), I'm sure the the blast would KO Majestic like it did Superman. With or without the blades. WRONG go read a comic book for gods sake

Golgo13
WRONG go read a comic book for gods sake

What is wrong, my little *****?

Batman-Prime
Orion sounds like a cookie, he wins by default.

iceman24567
What is wrong, my little *****? Suck me from the back jack

Galan007
If Orion's not holding back (he does most of the time), I'm sure the the blast would KO Majestic like it did Superman. With or without the blades. OR... Majestic casually dodges said blast, like Supes did a few times:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/13095667_7.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/13095668_8.jpg

stick out tongue

Golgo13
Kinky! big grin

Mindset
laughing out loud

Golgo13
OR... Majestic casually dodges said blast, like Supes did a few times:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/13095667_7.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/13095668_8.jpg

stick out tongue

He won't dodge a huge blast from the AF. He had to cut back on the power for fear of killing Superman on more than one occasion.

Galan007
laughing out loud

w/e

iceman24567
laughing out loud

w/e
Concession accepted

Mindset
Good job team Majestic.

I feel like I did most of the work here, but good effort all around.

Golgo13
Yeah, good job at sucking. stick out tongue

Galan007
Yeah, Orion apparently wins no matter what I say, so it's just easier to stop arguing.

Golgo13
Yeah, Orion apparently wins no matter what I say, so it's just easier to stop arguing.

Both combatants aren't holding back, right? I doubt he can withstand the full force of the AF.

iceman24567
Both combatants aren't holding back, right? I doubt he can withstand the full force of the AF. This post is more gay than Galan its full on homo preppy

Mindset
Yeah, Orion apparently wins no matter what I say, so it's just easier to stop arguing. In PM's defense, he has never read a comic.

Golgo13
This post is more gay than Galan its full on homo preppy

Truth hurts?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
In PM's defense, he has never read a comic. thumb up

Galan007
Good job team Majestic.

I feel like I did most of the work here, but good effort all around. Originally posted by Mindset
In PM's defense, he has never read a comic. http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/13095703_tumblr_m95n8ssPjP1rrpgs7.gif

Mindset
This post is more gay than Galan Whoa.

That's way too far.

Golgo13
I feed off your denial!

Golgo13
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/13095703_tumblr_m95n8ssPjP1rrpgs7.gif

So you deny he had to hold back?

Mindset
I feed off your denial! Yea, I can tell.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_B1vofbZdVU/Tje9-dOCZ5I/AAAAAAAAEEY/YUoNsVSzvS0/s1600/capamerica_skinny.jpg

iceman24567
Whoa.

That's way too far. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/sonicboom.gif

Golgo13
Yea, I can tell.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_B1vofbZdVU/Tje9-dOCZ5I/AAAAAAAAEEY/YUoNsVSzvS0/s1600/capamerica_skinny.jpg

Tell what?

Mindset
Do I really need to explain the joke? no expression

Galan007
This post is more gay than Galan its full on homo preppy http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/13095741_tumblr_m90l34BhoH1rugunyo1_r1_400.gif

How's that arm rash going?

...Or did you forget you had it?

Golgo13
Yes.

iceman24567
Tell what?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/NIGGAUGAY.gif

Golgo13
Adding more gifs doesn't make Majestic the winner. Morans!

iceman24567
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/13095741_tumblr_m90l34BhoH1rugunyo1_r1_400.gif

How's that arm rash going?

...Or did you forget you had it? Lulz it was just scabs from hot oil you know failed fried chicken making its a black thing no expression

Mindset
I feed off your denial! Originally posted by Mindset
Yea, I can tell.

You're skinny from not eating...

I think you can deduce the rest.

Golgo13
Get a room you three.

Galan007
Lulz it was just scabs from hot oil you know failed fried chicken making its a black thing no expression laughing

Golgo13
You're skinny from not eating...

I think you can deduce the rest.

STFU.

Mindset
STFU. Concession accepted.

celeyhyga17

dunno bout that.. my only gripe is that it's not the Stomp u see it as..

Golgo13
Concession accepted.

STFU.

Golgo13
YES! Dodgers are losing. Shit team despite the lame trade.

Mindset
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3nz20NfKC1qh2niko1_500.gif

Golgo13
Giants score! Dodgers back 5.5 games! Eat it!

iceman24567
laughing You find black problems amusing? Typical erm

Galan007
dunno bout that.. my only gripe is that it's not the Stomp u see it as.. Stomp? I'm willing to take that back. I'll go with "hard-earned" to appease the consensus. smile

You find black problems amusing? Typical erm Just thought a black person burning themselves while cooking fried chicken was stereotypically funny, is all.

iceman24567
Stomp? I'm willing to take that back. I'll go with "hard-earned" to appease the consensus. smile

Just thought a black person burning themselves while cooking fried chicken was stereotypically funny, is all. I was joking plus im only 6/8 black

Galan007
LIES!

iceman24567
LIES!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/keithbullockandcortlandfinnegan-1.gif

Mindset
I'm 3/17 black.

celeyhyga17
Stomp? I'm willing to take that back. I'll go with "hard-earned" to appease the consensus. smile

wtf!
what argument do i have left then? thanks for turning my world upside down!

mad

leonidas
The scan you posted shows an ambiguous level of superspeed + Orion was moving in a straight line. Personally, I would relate that more to travel speed, then I would battle speed.

Speed likely isn't used against Orion in comics purely thanks to PIS(outside of the Flash family, speed is rarely ever used in lengthy battles.) Again, I'm not comfortable with giving Orion uber battle speed feats, just because he's fought characters capable of moving fast.

I think Thor would do better, because he and Bill are rough equals, and I've seen Bill fight Surfer whilst they were both moving FTL(Bill was on top of Skuttlebutt, and Surfer was... Surfing.)

I think that was most of your points?

By listing things he has done on panel? I definitely wouldn't call that 'elevation'. /shrug

Zealot used one of Majestic's Kusar blades to cut/block Captain Atom's quantum energy blasts-- dunno why Orion's standard AF blasts would fare any better..?

methinks you took the elevating comment wrong--i meant that you seem to think more highly of him than most is all. he does seem to be a beast.

we'll disagree on the battle speed scan. unless all those guys were lined up in a straight line, i'd def count it, specially given how close quarters it was. the bill/thor comparison is an interesting one. not sure i'd agree with you there about the transference of the feat, but not for this thread.

you did convince me that majestic would beat orion though. i just may have to do some looking into that guy. thumb up

Golgo13
methinks you took the elevating comment wrong--i meant that you seem to think more highly of him than most is all. he does seem to be a beast.

we'll disagree on the battle speed scan. unless all those guys were lined up in a straight line, i'd def count it, specially given how close quarters it was. the bill/thor comparison is an interesting one. not sure i'd agree with you there about the transference of the feat, but not for this thread.

you did convince me that majestic would beat orion though. i just may have to do some looking into that guy. thumb up
'
I guess you missed Bran's scans of Orion doing well against an AMPED Superman? sneer

Galan007

you did convince me that majestic would beat orion though. i just may have to do some looking into that guy. thumb up Cool beans. Not trying to change anyone's mind. Was just legitimately curious how Orion would win, is all.

'
I guess you missed Bran's scans of Orion doing well against an AMPED Superman? sneer Well? Lol. He got his ass beat.

Golgo13
No he didn't. He did really well, trading a few punches, not backing down, until Barda distracted him and punched Superman really hard, almost KO'd him.

Galan007
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-01.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-02-03.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-15.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-17.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-18.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-21.jpg

Left out the scene where they Kryptonite him afterwards. Your definition of "doing really well" must be a lot different than mine. He did good, but I don't know why you're so impressed by it..?

Golgo13
Not showing any signs of slowing down and wanting to continue the fight against an AMPED Superman is pretty good. His friends intervened, but Orion could have lasted longer. Not saying he would have won in the end, but he only used the AF once. Not too shabby.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>