Was Dooku Truely Evil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decay
after reading the novel of ep 3 before the movie came out it got me thinking about dookus true motives for leaving the jedi and his plans for the galaxy. he supposedly left because of all the corruption in the senate and he thought the jedi should be doing something to bring about peace and end the lies and petty disputes. a fairly noble reason that even the jedi seem to understand becuase they speak of him with alot of respect in ep 2. mace even believes that he is still good by nature.

according to the novel his plans for the galaxy were sidious ruling and having a sith army replace the jedi as a more pro active order of peacekeepers. so even after he was in command he still wanted to end corruption and bring peace and order.

the way he went about it ende dup costing many lives. but to justify it he could have reasoned that they were the lives of clones that not only existed for the sole reason to fight, but they were created for the sith and therefore owed their lives to dooku and sidious. plus they were also fighting for peace, just not in the way they thought. their sacrifices were needed to bring about peace, just like any soldier who fights in a war. they just did it in a very different way. theyd still be the tools of peace. and the enemy they fought were souless droids, just steel and circuits.

he was willing to do some pretty bad things but he had an overall plan of peace. he didnt want to kill obi wan, he even told him and anakin to back down before their fight, knowing he would end up killing them.

as well as this, despite him being a far more experienced force user than maul, and being sith far longer than anakin, his eyes never changed colour. he never fully gave himself over to the dark side. he was surprised when sidious betrayed him so it gives the impression that he didnt realise how evil the sith were.

he ended up trying to justify a bit too much for him to ever be considered good, and i know evil always tries to justify itself and believes its good. so just how far down the path to being truely evil was dooku?

Canadadude
Dooku was evil in my opinion. If you go by the movies Dooku wanted to run the galaxy himself. I think he was very selfish in his ways.

truejedi
Much better alternative than Palpatine, because he at least had a plan for peace, but he was power hungry, arrogant, and selfish.

Se7in
Dooku wasn't evil. He was intelligent enough to take power where it was available, taking advantage of situations to learn and grow. It's ironic that his naivety is what killed him in the end though.

Canadadude
power hungry, arrogant, and selfish are qualities of the dark side
Dark side = sith
sith = evil

Sorgo
Originally posted by Canadadude
power hungry, arrogant, and selfish are qualities of the dark side
Dark side = sith
sith = evil

He is probably one of the only Force Sensitive character in the series to have sort of a "Neutral" status. He leans a bit over to the Sith, but he is considerably a Neautral Jedi. I mean... The guy always contends a fair fight. the Sith are Cheap.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Se7in
Dooku wasn't evil. He was intelligent enough to take power where it was available, taking advantage of situations to learn and grow. It's ironic that his naivety is what killed him in the end though.
Here here!

Jack O'Neil
Dooku always gives a fair fight even with Yoda. Maul, Vader, and even Sidious would have thrown every trick in the book to defeat Yoda. I think that Dooku wasn't truly evil because I guess he saw the Republic being evil due to the corruption and the CIS was suppose to be a new order to bring peace.

Darth_Glentract
It depends on your point of view. The Jedi were evil, from a certain angle, because they were defending the Republic, which turned out to be a greater evil than the CIS.

Count Dooku followed the Potentium view, the same that Yoda had expelled from the Order hundreds of years ago and the same that Luke and his students follow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.