Is it the...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bloigen
Lightsabre that deflects the laser shot from a blaster or is it the Jedi using the force?

And if it is the lightsabre, would a lightsabre deflect our bullets?

Ushgarak
It's the lightsabre.

And no, they would presumably melt.

exanda kane
Or the bullets might just get a bit hotter...

Admiral Akbar
Then if its not the jedi that uses the force to deflect wouldent it be difficult to deflect, or melt a small bullet traveling faster or almost as fast as a laser...

jollyjim311
A Jedi could use the force alone to deflect bullets, if he was experienced.

exanda kane
Im thinking of the kinda Matrix-vibe dodging of the bullets here.

jollyjim311
No, not even a little, Neo is speedy, Jedi's see into the future.

exanda kane
Erm. Im afriad I dont get you?

Master Fisto
The jedi uses the force so that he is able to place the lightsaber(which does the deflecting)in the right place to protect themseld from the blaster 'bullet'

henniestevens
But when you are really good with the force you can stop lasers without your saber, like Darth Vader did with Han's lasers in ESB.

Master Fisto
true...im sure thats a lot more difficult, but a nice trick when youre caught without your saber

Sesse
Vader fas taunting Han as he was no real limbs left in his body! Mechanic hand takes blaster shots rather well.

Tangible God
I'm pretty sure Darth freakin Vader would have his fake limbs made out of strong material, so one blaster bolt to his palm won't do much.

But yeah, the Jedi uses the Force to foresee where the bolt is going to be and they place their lightsaber accordingly.

But even a Jedi can't move his Saber to deflect like 30 bolts at once, i.e. Geonosis.

kamikz
Originally posted by exanda kane
Erm. Im afriad I dont get you?

What he means is that jedi sees into the future, they know where they are going to aim and shoot. But that doesent mean there fast enough to dodge it, Neo is.

xyz jedi
what is that part of the LS made of anyway? Fire?

ArthasKnight
A Jedi uses the Force to determine where the blaster bolt will go and uses the lightsaber to block and deflect it. They go hand in hand, really.

Master Naresh
a jedi uses the force to see where the shot is goin to hit then deflects it . first stage of training with force and lightsaber, bullets would melt if the jedi stops it

ArthasKnight
Good work repeating exactly what I said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.